21Mar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21Mar

Spring is here...just got back ...went for a walk across the moors,,a challenge ..itwas only 5 miles but a hard 5 miles ..it was all across country ,heather and tussock grass..and wet peat ...no path straight tab across the land..I saw a stone on the top of a hill..that was my goal...and it was reached...plus I was carrrying a backpack 25lb..its funny madam always say why are you carrying that..and yet when she wants water ,coffee ,crisps ,biscuit plaster wetproof top,or power bank for phone..it appears as if by magic .Walking and I hear this squeaky pitched noise ..turned round..madam had stepped in a bog .. the stone on the top of that hill was my goal...

Inked20210321_134347_LI.jpg

this is it close up

20210321_131704.jpg

this was the ground

20210321_124353.jpg

20210321_131719.jpg

and yes Julie finished sanding the woodwork too..

hope everyone is having a good weekend

I would never have believed 8 weeks of uncut hair would weigh over a stone, but if that's what the scales say, it must be right!

My Chinese mate collects toys from the 70's.
    He's got some clackers.

My doctor has advised me to stop drinking, so I'm going to have to make some changes in my life.

First, I need to find a new doctor.

Qantas announces you need a vaccine in order to fly.

I knew there were side effects but didn't know it made you grow wings.

What do you do if you see a space man?

Park in it, man.

Knock knock.

"Who's there?"

"A small man who can't reach the doorbell."

An old man limped into the doctor's office and said, "Doctor, my knee hurts so bad, I can hardly walk"!

The doctor slowly eyed him from head to toe, paused and then said, "Sir, how old are you"?

"I'm 98", the man announced proudly.

The doctor just sighed, and looked at him again. Finally he said, "Sir, I'm sorry. I mean, just look at you. You are almost one hundred years old, and you're complaining that your knee hurts? Well, what did you expect"?

The old man said, "Well, my other knee is 98 years old too, and it doesn't hurt"!

Ponderism - The Best Fourteen
    Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?

Why do "tug" boats push their barges?

Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?

If a word is misspelled In the dictionary, how would we ever know?

If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?

Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" Mean the same thing?

Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we are already there?

Why are they called "stands" when they are made for sitting?

Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light"?

Doesn’t "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

Why are a "wise man" and a "wise guy" opposites?

Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?
    Last edited by Mick; March 21, 2021, 01:00 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 21Mar

Good evening all,

Nice spring day here, no complaints
    Attempted to do a bit of garden clean up but got bored quickly with that project, haha!! There’s always something to do around here. I’m in the midst of trying to put together a new platform bed. For the guest room hoping to get an offer of help at some point, we shall see.

Cyn, great to hear you got an appointment too! Back in January when we were signing up at the county website I never guessed this would turn into such a hassle. Learn something new everyday
    I hope the rest of your weekend is good.

Mick, walking on lumpy surfaces is rough enough, don’t ask me to carry something too haha!!! Those pics look awesome, glad you made it to the top in one piece
    Good to hear you had a nice day for walking!

PQ, are they driving you nuts this weekend or is work leaving you alone? Hope so :hug:

Pauly, what’s new with you?

Det, feeling better I hope!

Hello to Sam & Pie.

Time to go do something useful.
    Have a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya Lav...and anyone else out there ...how are we today then?hope all is well .bit cold over here but dry too...playing in the garden,but every time I go out I change my mind ..House is finally coming together ..did you get any help putting the bed up?

a big hiya to everyone else ..hope you are all ok...

Two young girls have been found safe after spending the night stuck in a train. Why were the 12-year old Glasgow girls out at night in Lockdown? They should have been at home with their kids.

My dad always said when one door closes, another one opens.

Come to think of it, he was a sh.t carpenter.

Gave a beggar £1.50 today and he called me a tight git because it only bought half a bottle of cider,... His dog told me to stick the smoked salmon up my ass....

I went to this store and told the clerk I was looking for one of those rotating trays you can put on a table to spin plates of food around to you, rather than having to reach across to get what you want.

"Ahh," he said, "The Lazy Susan ?"

"Yeah, it's a gift for her 50th."
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...great pics glad you were able to get out but that still looks like too much effort for me. Julie's a good soul for trekking along with you. It's dry here but surprisingly cold. Although it's 40F that wind is from the north and it just chills you to the bone.

Lav...it was an extremely busy weekend with the garden members. I don't know where the time went! So because I worked all weekend I'm taking today off. I will actually be going into work tomorrow and get the new programs up and running. It's so much easier on 2 big monitors than my one little laptop one. A little early here for garden clean up, don't want to disturb all those bugs essential to the garden. If the weather holds up we should be able to start in late April. You're ambitious. Not just a bed, a platform bed! Hope you get some help with it.

Cyn...sounds like you got a vaccine appointment. I got mine booked today, it's not until May 2nd though. Spoke with my Doc and as long as it's not the same day I take my biologic I'm good. I hope you're getting through your never ending list of chores and that all is going well.

Shout out to the rest of the gang, hope everyone is good. Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends

We got our 1st shots this morning so we’re on our way to immunity, yay.
          The county health department set up a pretty good operation, moved lots & lots of people thru quickly & painlessly. Next shot is on April 19th.

Mick, I am so anxious to gol out & plant things but I know it’s a bit soon. I’ll keep cleaning up the garden beds & hold off on actual planting for a while. Temp hit the mid 60’s today, not bad. Rain & cold coming Wednesday then back to milder weather again. We stopped at an Amish greenhouse today to look at plants & saw they are also selling baby bunnies for pets. Cute but I am seriously allergic to them. Found that out when we got one for our kids many moons ago.

PQ, good to hear you took the day off after a busy weekend. Everyone deserves a break, geez.
          Good luck getting the new programs up & running.

No, the platform bed is not done yet. I put the headboard & footboard together but I need another pair of hands to get the rails in place. I hate how I have to pester some people to help, haha!! It will get done, eventually.

Helllo to Cyn, Pauly., Det, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is well.

Have a nice night. Everyone.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick nice pics Lav glad you got your first shot, I think I'm allergic to my guinea pigs can't hold them cuz I start sneezing bad and if the boys touch them they break out in a rash, one day Rome's eyes looked like he was in a boxing match one was swollen shut! So I constantly have to tell them to not touch them, makes me sad cuz why have a pet you can't even play with PQ, I know the cold you're describing, looks beautiful out but when you step outside it's frigid, waves to the rest of the gang and wishes for a great BF day for us all
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today then? all good hopefully..digging in the garden this morning ...still working out my plan ,but 2 ft down I hit a lump of stone...I thought it was just a rock but nope ..its an old fashioned lintel stone ...4ft long 10 inches deepand1ft wide ..there iis no way that is going to come out of the ground so I will have to work round it somehow.its dry outside today ...

hiya pauly ..you well? Wow that's a bit of a bummer with the guinea pigs..you are right ..why have a pet you cant interact with ..its about quality fun and time for both the animal and the owner..is it defo them?

hiya Lav ..you good ? how do you feel after the jab?all ok? I had a bit of a headache and sore arm but that was about it.Isnt it interesting ..the AZ one from being the one that all the politicians shunned in Europe ..got a superb write up in USA..They are talking about another wave going to hit uk...I hope not .

hiya ppqp ...how are you then?hope all iswell .how was work today? any problems or were you left alone to get on with it?so you have got your jab on 2 May ...well done you .Ive got my 2nd one on 11 May...then the virus will be protected against me .take care and stay safe

hiya tee gee ....hope all is well ..stay safe and take care x

big shout to everyone else look after yourselves

Comment

Greetings friends!

Nice day here, tomorrow not so much.
                No side effects from the vaccine, feel lucky. My arm hurts less than it does when I get a flu shot, go figure!
                We made an executive decision today & decided to hire a landscaper to weed & mulch the garden beds all around the house. It’s just not worth the aches & pains anymore for us to do the job. So some young guy can do the work & be happy earning the $$. Mick, want to apply for the job??? Ha ha.

Pauly, I actually had a rabbit for a while when I was in high school. I had no allergy problems with him. Years later when I got one for the kids I was super surprised that I had developed the allergy. I imagine your guinea pigs have the same allergens, sad. Make sure the kids wash their hands after handling them.

Yesterday’s mass shooting in Colorado was horrific. There seems to be no safe place to go anymore. We have to get the ARs banned, no one needs one for any good reason.
                The shooter’s brother claims he was paranoid & had been since high school. Now at the age of 21 he’s murdered 10 people & ended his own future. So sad & so unnecessary.

Hello to PQ, Cyn, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a good night all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...glad to hear you didn't have any adverse effects from the vaccine. Onward and Upward. Went into work today, no distractions, so got all the programs up and ready to go. It's amazing how much more work I get done when I don't sit at home at look at everything that isn't done. LOL I woke up to snow this morning, it didn't stick to the roads but it sure stuck to my car. More in the forecast, just hope we don't get a spring storm! Good plan on hiring a landscaper, we need you healthy and not sore.

Pauly...bummer about the allergy to the guinea pigs. I hope you work something out. Even with it being cold out at least it's not -22F anymore. If people around here think we're done with winter they're living in a dream world.

Mick...digging in the garden, our soil is still frozen! And there you go teaching me something else. Had to look up Lintel stone. Do you think there's a house underneath it? LOL Work went really well today, was left alone and got a lot accomplished. So I'm going to take the rest of the week off. LOL No really but I won't be going to the office. I'm pleased to announce that the provincial government made the right call and didn't move to Step 3 of reopening. The concern is the variant virus and it's racing through the schools right now. Every day another school shuts down and moves to online. You could really see it in how many kids were not present for out of school care. Everybody just needs to take a deep breath and hold on.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya everyone.lovely day out there been in the garden messing ,and doing bits and pieces...talking to Amy ,she had to ge one of her cats put down last night so she is pretty upset .current state of the garden..you can see where I have dug the tubs in ...all that fencing has to go ...but not at the moment with these 2 around ...

20210323_165916.jpg

Julie at work ,so I said that I would pick her up ...all heart me!!!

Lav glad your arm is ok ,as for the landscaping ..if I was there happily help ..

ppqp....good for you take the rest of the time orf ..is the weather any good ?

hi everyone else ..hope you are all doing ok?

Comment

Greetings folks,

Rain & more rain all day today. Now they’re talking about near 80 degrees on Friday, haha. Crazy weather as always around here!
                      I spent the day working on some embroidery projects just for fun. Neither one of us has had any adverse vaccine reactions so I’m pleased. We are expecting the landscaper tomorrow to take a look at what needs to be done & give us an estimate. It will be worth the $$ for sure. YB sold off all his CPR & First Aid teaching equipment today so that cleared off a large shelf in the garage. He’s done giving those classes. I’m still feeling so sad about the 2 mass shootings here in the past week. Getting these assault weapons banned is a must! I think the Democrats in Congress can get it done & shut up the Republicans once & for all

PQ, sounds like you had quite an effective day yesterday, yay! If only you could have the rest of the week off, oh boy.
                      I hope the snow was just a tease, you really don’t need any. I think if today’s rain had been snow we would be knee deep right now.

Mick. maybe it’s time for a bunny trainer to get them to stop messing with your gardens, haha!
                      Blessings on you for still having the desire to do that heavy work. Sorry about Amy’s cat, our pets are so special :hug:

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,
                        My goodness, have I been away all these day? So sorry! Everything from Saturday on has been one big long extravaganza... moving, packing, cleaning, figuring, moving, finding, losing, finding again.... and driving, lots of driving. Up to MA to get my new-to-me-car, over to north central CT to get the car registered (after standing outside for 1.5 hours, even with an appointment!) Schleppers r us. My dog is a saint, going along with all this craziness and being left alone far more often than usual. He did get up in the middle of the first night and looked so disoriented that I thought maybe his memory was failing... but he seems okay now... I think it was all just a bit much. I am also trying to keep up with work. So glad I am in a motel close to all familiar things, really grateful for that.

Mick the big walk looked tough! And a lintel? Maybe you don't need to go hunting for artifacts... maybe they are right there in you property! Keep digging!

Lav, I am so happy to hear that you will be hiring someone to do the garden cleanup, that is such hard and brutal work. Go have fun in your workshop, and maybe you'll sell enough to pay him!

PPQ, when I lived in MN, we wouldn't think of putting anything out in a garden until after Memorial Day... waaaay too cold. Good luck!

Pauly, so nice to hear from you - but sorry to hear about the guinea pigs... they are so cute. Take care, and hope you are feeling warm spring by now.

Hello to Det and Sam and all...

Well, my laptop just gave me the "low battery" warning. I think my mind and body are doing the same... so I'm signing off for now. Hopefully getting recharged overnight! Take care all --

Comment

OMG....WHAT A DAY!!!

i have been putting out fires (work wise) all day starting at 7am. Sent my last frustrated email to the program development team at 7pm and shut it down. Actually turned off my email at 5pm, couldn't keep up with the frustration coming through. I am now going to escape into my book and forget about everything. Sorry for the vent but I'll check in tomorrow morning....PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Everyone super busy today? Seems so anyway.
                            Cloudy but dry all day, tomorrow it warms up & gets windy so maybe we’ll end up with less mud. We did get the estimate for the yard work today & that young man has the job, God bless him
                            Made a good copycat Olive Garden soup today with shredded turkey & potato gnocchi, fresh spinach from the green house, yum.

Cyn, I still wish I could give you a hand with everything you have going on. Thinking of you & Zander & hope you get some rest too.

PQ, if you were an hourly employee they would be paying you a ton of OT!!! Don’t let them drive you nuts!

Mick, what’s up with you? Busy day?

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

I just remembered 12 years ago today I dumped the last of the wine down the drain &was scared to detah. Didn’t know how I was going to ‘handle’ everything going forward. Guess I figured it out, I’m still here & found my old self along the way
                            Have a nice night all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...

12.jpg

CONGRATS! WOW! WAY TO GO! SO PROUD OF YOU!

Yup, another busy day for me but the development team made major progress so one small hiccup left and I'm good to go. With deadlines that effect others I'm not one to work by the clock. Honestly, most of the extra work I do is so I can maintain my sanity in the long run. LOL I made a list of everything that needs to get done by April 1st and now I can get on with the rest of it. It was quiet on the garden member front since we woke up to a pile of wet, heavy snow. Spring in Calgary can be dodgy but at least it took the wanting to plant itch out of their systems. I'm glad you were happy with the yard work estimate, cross that off your list.

Shout out to everyone else and we'll hear from you when we hear from you, I get it. LOL

We're supposed to have a nice weekend weather wise and then snow on Monday. Of course, that's when I have to go in for my annual eye check up.

Wishing everyone a restful evening...:smile:PPQP
                              Last edited by porqoui; March 25, 2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X