Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mar 28

MAE ALL...

Just kicking off the thread before I head out to pick up a few groceries. It's currently 50F but winter storm warnings are all around and our snow is to start blowing in this afternoon.
    It's supposed to be a fast moving squall so I hope it comes and goes before I have to head to my annual eye check up at 10am. Hopefully the roads will have been plowed by them.
    Will read back and see how everyone's been. Check in later....:smile:PPQP

Re: Mar 28

Greetings friends,

Thanks for the startup PQ. I hope the snow went somewhere else. We are under a severe thunderstorm warning with possible tornadoes & the storm has just started. Hope I can post before we lose power or something worse.
    Everything is good here (so far), my doggie nursing home client has settled in nicely, haha! Did a pot roast in the Instant Pot in 35 minutes, talk about quick & it was good too.

Hello to Mick, Cyn, Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you for the startup PPQ! Hope the snow was not a big bother. Lav, we had rain and WIND today also... can of trying at times. The family is lucky that you can handle their older dog... and the dog is lucky too! Would love your pot roast technique... all by itself, or with veggies? Do you do a nice brown-up,first? Sounds so good. But maybe I'll stick with stew.. so easy for lots of meals... thanks for the thought!

Hello to all else dropping in - may you be warm and dry and safe... enjoynthe moon if you can see it!

Comment

Hello and how are we today then question mark hope everyone is well. And just look at the posts from yesterday I actually started the thread off but can't find it anywhere. I need to have a look see with it has disappeared to . A really sunny day over here, I'm out doing the garden, the guy about the soil and the lawn still hasn't turned up yet people like that really hack me off. Up the lockdown rules have been relaxed today, so we'll see how that goes now up to six people can meet in the open. Amy hasn't been long and getting that one put together I'm going up next Saturday to help her do the garden hence she is after a lot of my plants hope everyone is doing ok I'm going to see where this post has gone to
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

just found part of it

afternoon all..how are we then? good hopefully...clocks went forward last night ...first time in my life Ive ever missed it ...went to the shop to beat the crowd and it was mobbed ..duh..been busy sanding and painting ,as well as sorting my trains out .

Hiya Lav,how are you ?hope all is well ..hows the ole dawg? hope everything is ok..Last time we went to India we went to the Dali Lama s palace on the Tibetan border ..a really nice place

20180303_120039.jpg

20180303_115617.jpg

20180303_113917.jpg

20180303_113401.jpg

it is really blowy over here today ..Im making 2 big pots of soup..leek,mixed veg ,lentils red and green and split peas ..with spices herbs etc

hiya teegee you doing ok?I hope so.you take care

hiya ppqp..how are you ? hope all is well with you..are you back to work tomorrow or working from home ..?

hiya pauly ...hows you then?all good ?have you been doing anything over the weekend?

big shout to everyone else...

All this fuss about a ship stuck in the Suez wrecking the economy.

According to the delivery labels, most of my stuff comes via the river Amazon, not the Suez

England play Albania in a world cup qualifier tonight.

I think their manager is the Italian, Trapandpony.

Way down in the heat of Texas there was a teacher helping one of her kindergarten students put on his cowboy boots?

He asked for help and she could see why...

Even with her pulling and him pushing, the little boots still didn't want to go on. By the time they got the second boot on, she had worked up a sweat.

She almost cried when the little boy said, 'Teacher, they're on the wrong feet.' She looked, and sure enough, they were. It wasn't any easier pulling the boots off than it was putting them on. She managed to keep her cool as together they worked to get the boots back on, this time on the right feet...

He then announced, 'These aren't my boots.'

She bit her tongue rather than get right in his face and scream, 'Why didn't you say so?' like she wanted to. Once again, she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off his little feet. No sooner had they gotten the boots off when he said, 'They're my brother's boots. My mom made me wear 'em.'

Now she didn't know if she should laugh or cry. But, she mustered up what grace and courage she had left to wrestle the boots on his feet again.

Helping him into his coat, she asked, 'Now, where are your mittens?'

He said, 'I stuffed 'em in the toes of my boots.'

She will be eligible for parole in three years!

A few years ago, while I was part of a drug study.

I suffered an accidental placebo overdose.

I nearly died from a severe lack of symptoms.

A pedestrian stepped off the curb to cross the street and a car suddenly came screaming around the corner and headed straight for him. He started to run, trying to get out of the way but the car changed lanes and was still coming at him.

He turned around to go back to the curb but the car changed lanes again and was heading right for him. As the car approached, the man became so frightened that he froze and stopped in the middle of the road.

At the last possible moment, the car swerved and screeched to a halt right beside him.

The window rolled down and he was amazed to see that the driver was a large squirrel!

The squirrel looked him up and down and said, "See, it's not as easy as it looks, is it"?

A wife says to her husband, "You're always pushing me around and talking behind my back."
          He says, "What do you expect? You're in a wheel chair."
          Last edited by Mick; March 29, 2021, 02:00 PM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Snow storm went through central/southern Alberta and managed to go around Calgary. No big snow event, a few drifts here and there, but man the wind is still viscous. Made it to my eye checkup, all good. A couple of cataracts want to make their presence know but the Doc and I are going to ignore them for now. LOL

Mick...I figured it was a "cloud" post on your part yesterday. I've learned not to anxious when you don't show up. LOL

Lav...how are things with you? I've been seeing some wicked storms heading your way.

TG...glad to see you popping in with everything you have on your plate.

Shout out to the gang. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all ---
              The wind was back today in a major way!!! But sunny, so that was something to hang onto...

Mick, so nice of you to help out Amy - hope she is feeling well enough to do some of the gardening.

Lav, hope all is going well, and that your senior dog is hanging in...

Pauly, how awarm is it in Vegas? My stepdaughter in Napa says it's already in the 80... that sounds hot to me.

PPQ, good news about the missed snow and your eyes. Hope you can keep some personal time as you head back to handling more work situations.

Det, Sam, and all others, wishing you well in the springing spring --

Feel the light...

Comment

Greetings folks,

Big windy rainstorm last night but no tornado which is kinda nice haha! The weather folks get extra excited this time of year.
                We went to visit the dead relatives today, left flowers then stopped to see our daughter & leave 6 dozen eggs. She shares with friends & neighbors

Cyn, I found this recipe for the idea: Instant Pot Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes | Valerie's Kitchen
                Just add or subtract to your liking & you’ll eat well for days! I know my weather works it’s way right up to you, hope you didn’t get washed out. My son & his family are in the Outer Banks this week, right on the back bay water but he’s been texting pictures, looks calm there. The clouds covered up that big moon last night so I slept, haha.

Mick, most of my stuff comes by the river Amazon too, haha! I see they got that stuck ship moved today & now have to catch up on a backlog of other ships.
                I enjoyed your India trip pics, thanks I hope your contractor finally made an appearance today.

PQ, glad you’re not snowed in, geez. I saw something on the news about Highway 1 being closed due to poor driving conditions.
                So you’re developing cataracts? It takes a while for them to ‘ripen’ enough to consider removal. My brother & his wife both have had theirs removed in the past few years, both did very well.

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all. I’m going to get this old dog out for a little exercise (me too) haha!!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, all sounds good with everyone woo hoo! Cyn it was 80 something yesterday and you know I love itPQ, yikes on the cataracts but if the doc isn't too concerned then I guess it'll slide for now and be ok, Lav nice to be able to take the old dog out for a walk Mick, glad things are easing a bit there with the restrictions, think it's ok for some stuff but some of the states here are going hog wild and opening everything with no mask rules, I think that's irresponsible right now sheesh, anyways much love to all and wishes for a great BF day for us all!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone just a quick jump in in. An absolute cracker of a day here it is 23 degrees out there. This morning I watched the Deer playing in the fields behind the house I videoed it and sent quite a few out don't know why but quite a few couldn't see it. Up also been up the ladders sealing the bedroom window frames on the outside. I noticed that last storm we had that there was a little bit of damp at the side of the frame. Op.gg Lee's dad is here at the moment, he has just been for a second vaccine so just to get him out he's sitting in the garden with us full stop hope everyone is doing ok will speak later. Yes know that the sun is out and he still weekends coming up up all the lunatics will be out. I had to go to the shop this morning and on the way way I saw for police cars outside a house 6 cops and about 20 people that have been in the house. Today's nuggets never learn. take care everyone and stay safe

Comment

Good evening friends,

Nice day here too, sun & everything
                      I made vegan enchiladas for dinner with homemade enchilada sauce (not too spicy). They were full of black beans, sweet potatoes, red pepper, onion & garlic, YUM! The recipe makes 8 & we only ate 3 of them between the two of us so there’s leftovers.

Pauly, it hit 80 one day here last week & I was melting haha! Not ready for that heat yet. Going to be getting colder here after tomorrow’s rain. The news just reported Covid cases are rising & we all know why!! Keep the masks on & wash your hands friends.

Mick, your video looked like something out of a Disney movie. The entire Deer family was there for lunch, Lol
                      Glad your old guy is outside enjoying the nice weather. I get nervous watching people on ladders - don’t send me that video haha.

Hello to Cyn, hope you had this nice day too.

PQ, hope your day was manageable at least

Hello to Det & Sam, Pie too.

Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...are wind let up today, it has been sunny all day but still cool at 15F. It is Spring Break here this week and Friday/Monday are holidays for me so looking forward to 4 days of not opening my work email.

Lav...so glad there were no tornado's, looked like they were coming right for you. All of heard on the internet and TV is how to germinate your seeds in your instant pot. Have you seen it? When I was dealing with my Iritis, using steroid drop, I grew my cataracts to Senior Age Status. LOL It's been about 5 years and one is just starting again so I'll decide again in another 5 years. Two virtual meetings today and both went really well. Going through the "what's left to do" list, my name did not appear. LOL With the Spring Snow Storm that blew threw I'm not even hearing from my garden members. Most of the highways outside the city were closed with huge, deadly traffic accidents. I was grateful that it didn't hit the city itself.

Pauly...good to see you. 80!, too hot for me. I've been hearing about some of the states fully opening and think OMG, good luck. We are on the verge of another lock down with the variant seeming to take hold. Will see what happens after Spring Break. Glad everything is ok with you.

Mick...thanks for the video, finally came through, and I'm jealous of no signs of snow in those fields. No news is good news so the resealing of the bedroom windows must have gone off without a hitch. Nice that Julie's dad has had his 2nd vaccine and was there with you guys to enjoy the sun. Stay away from the lunatics this weekend. LOL

Shout out to Det, Sam and Pi. Making a stir fry for supper so must get at it. Have a good night all...:smiel:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -
                          This site is having spring fever, or at least for me... log in and out troubles, and then opened where I could read but not write... whatever! I just kept at it until it believed me...

Mick, all sounds fresh and spring-y at your house, congrats. Great news about Julie's dad. sorry, couldn't open your video, but I am sure in my case it is because of my ancient iPad. I have hubs' screaming new one, but need to take his stuff off and load my own... somehow it can't handle 2 different FB accounts...

Lav, thx so much for that recipe, I will try it. I have NO problem eating the same thing over and over, lol! Your dish sounds delish, but the only part of it that I could have is the sweet potatoes! Ah well... 6 dozen eggs? Those girls have been busy!!!

Pauly, good to hear how it's going for you... glad there are people who like the heat... I'm doing okay with the temps here... just the wind that gets me down... take care -

PPQ, I like the sound of your extra days off... enjoy.

Shout out to Det, Sam and all others...

let's remember that it is an incredible gift to breath, to have sweet lung-fulls of fresh air... so, wishing all an oxygen-rich day...

Comment

hiya all...how are we then? all ok I hope ..another superb sunny day here..it almost makes you forget there are any issues .I was out this morning 7.30 ...the van is spotless..not onlt that ,decided the facias and guttering needed cleaning and also the conservatory roof ..all done ...bit achey now but in a good way ..Captured the guy about the back garden..Igave him rock all about not turning up ...to be fair he has only been in his own business year ..used to work for someone, but he has a good few jobs lined up .so 2 tons crushed limestone 1 ton golden gravel,I ton of grade a topsoil and 20 rolls of turf..a week this Friday ..we are digging 3 soakaways in take the water off..hopefully going across the lawn from 6 inches to a depth of 30 ..thats a decent fall.

hiya teegee you ok?gorgeous weather here ..I sent that vid to a few who couldnt open it but when I resent it they could..take care stay safe

hiya pauly you ok girl? hope all is well with you

hiya ppqp ..nope no snow here thanx ..how are you doing?you wannabuy some sun? it is lovely here..Ive just messaged the place about taking the peskies on the 11th..campsites are opening up but at this moment only for those with all onboard facilities plenty of good walks around though... you stay safe

Teversal - Camping and Caravanning Club Site - The Camping and Caravanning Club

hiya Lav how are you ?hope all ok ..the rate of infection has gone up slightly here ,but hospitalisations and deaths are at a low.10 positives ,no hospitalisation ,1 death in 7 days...lets hope this keeps up after the mad weekend coming up ..I overwintered a load of dahlias so I need to get them back in the ground ,

right folks stay safe

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...glad you persevered and got the site to believe you. Upgrading new devices is one chore I do not like. Thanks for the oxygen-rich day wish, I could sure use it.

Mick...that is quite the project you're going to tackle. I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the long run with all the rain you get. You just go slow and watch that back. I hope you're able to Teversal and that nothing happens to derail that again. I won't need to dish out any money for sun, it's really bright outside. Just need to figure out how to turn up the temperature.

Getting a few odds and sods done around here, nothing up to Mick's standard though. Shout out to the rest of the gang and have a good day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X