4000 Days: A Reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4000 Days: A Reflection

I am not one to boast about my successes but honest and open enough to admit my failures. I recently reached the 4000 day alcohol free mark. It was just another day but something compelled me to share this. I joined MWO eleven years ago ostensibly to find support for my pain pill addiction. I was a corporate executive at the time and wanted anonymity. Yes, the prescription meds became a problem when I recognized that I was using alcohol to boost their effects. I was in a very bad place emotionally from two specific sources, 9/11 & trauma from my military service. I feel lucky that I was able to overcome these problems that were clear roadblocks to future success. What I never anticipated was the positive support that all of you provided me throughout the years. It was what sustained me going forward. It was a major differentiator. So, I want to thank MWO and ALL of you that have been by my side. It is with the highest level of gratitude I call MWO my second home.

To all you out there struggling and feeling like hope is lost. To those who lurk in the shadows and just do not want to take the step to join, PLEASE DO IT. It is a gift of self love. I am nobody special, just a guy that envisioned a life without the burden of addiction. An athlete who knew the joy of sport, competition, and living a fulfilling life was slipping away. I’m here to tell you to come and join us. We welcome everyone with supportive open arms.

Peace & Blessings,
    Techie
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Re: 4000 Days: A Reflection

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]..........Thank you for sharing your troubles and how you got through them. You have been through the horrors of real trauma. I don't think I'll be the only one to say this but I'm glad you found us and glad you stayed. I'm grateful that we could help and in return have given us so much back.

You, my dear friend, are a true gentleman. :hug:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Legend Techstar. Congratulations on 4000 days!

The self care stuff is integral and essential to my personal growth. Thanks for sticking around the joint. Have a great week mate.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Techie, a wonderful share and its not an easy road to travel but its one of the best gifts i have given myself also. 4000 days, congratulations.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Techie, that’s wonderful news, I am happy for you!
          Congrats on your successes & may they continue on forever.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Techie! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think that while you got something from being here, you also give of yourself and your support. Thanks for sticking around.

Massive congratulations on the giant roundy!

Pav

Comment

Congratulations, Techie, on 4000 days of freedom! Your appreciation for the life you've gained and to MWO for what has been offered likely are partly why you've made it to where you are. Thanks for staying in touch and modeling for everyone how it can be done. All the best, NS

Comment

Congratulations, Techie!
                It’s a 2-way street, we are eternally grateful for you. Thank you for being our North Star.
                One day at a time. Keep on trucking! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Excellent post Techie. MWO would be a much poorer place without you.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Incredible techie - well done!!

Comment

Working...
                    X