Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 11th

MAE ALL....

Starting the thread, better late than never. I ended up working on the Community Garden website yesterday and the time just got away from me. Then my son got the Nintendo working on my laptop so of course had to play that for awhile.

I've got the newsletter to proof, association website updates to make and prepare for our strategic planning meeting this Saturday. Do you think I can get myself motivated to do any of it!! Went for a walk to get my mojo moving and turned around half way through. It's freezing out there and supposedly it's going to snow this afternoon.

Mick...good to see you made it to the site. I'm sure you'll have a fab time and a break from the landscaping at home.

Lav...I always like the visits but was also glad when everyone went home. LOL Hope you have some decent weather today.

Pauly...Sundays were always my do nothing day but lately I never know what day it is. LOL

TG...what a hassle having to change motels on top of everything else you've got on the go. This will all come to an end on day, to the light.

Shout out to Det, Sam and Pi. Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Re: April 11th

Good evening friends!

Thanks for the start up PQ. Why was I too lazy to do that yesterday??
    Sorry you’re getting snow today. We ended up having a huge thunderstorm here last night, tons of rain too. I’m sure our rainfall totals are near normal now
    I’m another one having trouble getting motivated. I have a lot of projects planned just no energy to dig in. With me I think part of it’s due to this Covid lethargy we’re experiencing. If I had a better idea of when life was going to return to ‘normal’ I think I’d be more enthusiastic. Operating on pure hope doesn’t work well for me, haha. I hope you can get your jobs done without too much hassle.

Mick, looks like you have a great view. The swans & ducks don’t seem to mind the cold water
    I hope your stay is pleasant & restful.

Pauly, yes the boys do need a break from their brothers & their parents from time to time. It’s good that we can help out, right?
    Hope your day was good.

Cyn, I know you’re busy but know that i am thinking of you :hug:

Hello to Det, Sam & Pie too.

Had a meetup with a customer today to deliver an embroidered pillow so now I need to turn my attention to her next project - a pillow for her son’s upcoming wedding. I will search my zillions of files & come up with something for her
    Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
    Last edited by Lavande; April 12, 2021, 05:25 PM.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Internet issues here, so couldn't get on last night.

Interesting day yesterday... I started on the FEMA hotline for funeral-expenses-reimbursement right on the dot of 9 when they opened... according to my phone, I called 132 times. Then took a break and drove 3 hour round-trip to deliver the title of the Audi wagon that the dealer was baby-sitting for me while I am waiting for the legal docs. But the Will says the car comes directly to me, so we did a little "sideways" title transfer, and I got paid for that car, whew. Drove all the way up and back in the rain, taxing.

Came back, had a business meeting (via phone, as no Zoom). Started calling FEMA again, not realizing that I had lost internet and the cell reception was iffy, got through, was listening to the instructions and waiting to talk to a human... and... the call dropped. That was the first of 3 more times that happened. In the evening I drove around to find a place with 4 "bars" - found it - the recording said my wait time would be 20 minutes... but that kept getting extended, and an hour later that wait time was 90 minutes... It was already 8 pm... I decided to go back to the motel... just couldn't cope.

So, that and other business things is the order of the day today. I was bold and asked a client of mine (who is in FL to the end of the month) if I could stay at her condo... and the answer was yes! So finally I will have a kitchen sink and laundry to use for a week. Then hoping that the documents will have arrived and I will get rolling, maybe by the 20th.

Seriously, if I didn't have responsibilities out west, I would just abandon that plan and stay here... the summers are so beautiful, there is work here, and I could get my life in order. But it will have to be next autumn... that's the way it is, and I will make it happen.

Thanks for listening, and please send good phone vibes today!!! Sending lots of light to all... we are in the waxing moon cycle, so growth is at hand...

Comment

hiya all how are we today then?hope all is well ith you ...had a good walk this afternoon ...8.5 miles..a country park .its the old coal mines that are no longer working,..they turned them into country walks .Nice and sunny,but was cold out there this morning ...-4 but heating in van sorted that out!!

hiya teegee ...wow you are pretty busy ..thats struck lucky your client giving you breathing room with lodgings...it seems like you never stop. Take care of yourself as well mentally

hiya Lav how are you today then?normal yet?not rained here yet ,but its due tonight..how about embroidering a pair of handcuffs on that pillow...Im sure she would be chuffed...not..

hiya ppqp ...hows you then ...did the snow arrive?,,,more to the point did your mojo land? a lot of people have lost the inclination to do anything 12 moths is a heck of a long time to have a changed lifestyle and then change it back without knowing what you are changing it back to.hope you get everything done ..but again the world aint going to end if you dont in time..again your health comes first .

hiya everyone else hope you are doing good.

20210412_194715.jpg

20210413_120248.jpg

20210413_121609.jpg

20210413_123933.jpg
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening folks,

Sunny day here which was appreciated.
          Dropped in on our daughter today to unload another 6 dozen eggs, haha. Got to see the granddaughter for a bit while she was on her lunch break from online school.
          Picked up a few more plants for the gardens & came right home & planted them.

Cyn, Wow, what a day you had. How can we get anything done with no internet service these days?
          Glad to hear you at least got the car sorted out, that’s one thing off your list. I wish you could stay put for the summer too, you need to get some roots growing :hug:
          That’s great about the condo, good for you!

Mick, I hope you guys packed your thermals so you don’t freeze, geez. Good that you are exploring the area & getting some fresh air.
          I see you found big bird on on your nature walk, haha!!!

Hello to PQ, Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie - wherever you are.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thanks all for your good wishes - you did it! After hours of trying, I actually spoke to a human,... it was a long "interview" and lots of info to give, always right on the edge of losing the call, but we both hung in there -"you are fading... what did you say?...." and got the first part done. I went ahead right away and started to upload... the funeral bill was first... made me sad... but I got it done.

After that, I was toast. Took a walk, made some dog food, and now am off to bed... hope to sleep a little better tonight.

Thanks all - stay safe - Mick, lovely pics, stay warm!! Lav, your chickens are BUSY! Glad you got to see the girls...

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...it's good to hear I'm not the only one who's not motivated. Glad to hear you had a sunny day today. It is still cold and overcast here but the change is supposed to happen tomorrow. I got most of my work done today and am going to pop into the office tomorrow to do a couple of things I can't do from home.

TG...WOW, what a frustrating day for you. Glad to hear your client said yes to her condo, I'm sure that was a relief for you. What a relief finally being able to talk to a "human"! At least that process has started and I hope you have a good nights sleep.

Mick...you got to expect the cooler weather if you're camping in April. You're braver than I am. LOL Glad the heater in the van is working. Did get my mojo back and feel good about what I accomplished today. Love seeing the pics of your adventures, really appreciate you going to the trouble of uploading them.

Shout out to the rest of the gang and I hope we all have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Heya ABErooooodles!!

oh my, zooming like a total nutjob. No trouble with motivation here since I want to be able to afford my gourmet eating habits I tend to cook pretty cheaply
                for the most part which is good. and certainly necessary lately.

Tree, my goodness what an ordeal. Sending heaps of strength and love to you xxxxxxoooooo!! (I could use some too) so we give what we want and need.

Lav, so good you are being creative and making custom pillows even. I wouldn't know where to start.

PPPQ, thanks for the bootup on the thread. Motivation will come... I'm never sure when but it goes in cycles for sure. I'm sure the weather isn't helping.

Mick, smashing pictures! loving it. handcuff motiff on the pillow... ha!

Here are some shots from our trip to Moab which was truly amazing and gorgeous:

PICS: Shared album - London Lewis - Google Photos

doing everything I can conceive of to try to drum-up biz and slowly it's picking up.... groan. breakthrough soon... fingers crossed

got super stressed 2 nights ago and had to go for a drive and do 3 consecutive emergency meditations and I'm glad I did. yikes. I better do a bit
                better on the self- care department.

that's the quickie version!

be well loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all...how are we then? hope all is well today.A cold day today but really sunny .went for a little walk today ,only a 4 mile one but enjoyable.A really pleasant site..definitely come back in the future ...

Teege ,,,well done on talking to another yooman boing..Kinda worried about your choice of meals ..toast and dog food .. you take care stay positive .

hiya ppqp ...hows you then ...?glad you got you jo mow back.. we had a lazy day of sorts...this is where we are bimbling about

Teversal, Skegby and Pleaseley Pit Country Park - Nottinghamshire, England
                  | AllTrails

hiya Lav hows you then? good hopefully,,,yep packed fermals but not needed them yet. Big bird?? youove had the children around too much!Very cold and frosty mornings..Ive lost a good few plants already in the garden ..take care ..

hiya paulyhowz yoo ..hope all is well ..

big shout to anyone else...

Two Irish brothers Mick and Paddy have made a promise to their uncle. They had an Uncle Seamus who was a seafaring gent all his life and before he passed away, he made the boys promise to bury him at sea.

Of course he did pass away and the "boys" remembered to keep their promise.

So off they set with Uncle Seamus all stitched up in a burial bag and loaded onto their rowing boat. After a while Mick says, "Do yer tink dis is fer enuff out, Paddy"?

Without a word Paddy slips over the side only to be standing in water up to his knees. "Dis'll never do Mick, let's row some more".

After a bit more rowing Paddy slips over the side again but the water is only up to his belly, so on they row.

Again Mick asks Paddy, "Do yer tink dis is fer enuff out Paddy"? Once again Paddy slips over the side and almost immediately says, "No dis'll neva do". The water was only up to his chest.

So on they row and row and row when finally Paddy slips over the side and disappears!

Quite a bit of time goes by and poor Mick is really getting himself into a state when suddenly Paddy breaks the surface gasping for breath.

"Well is it deep enuff yet, Paddy"?

"Aye it tis! Can yer hand me da shovel".

Funny Motor Insurance Claims

The accident happened because I had one eye on the lorry in front, one eye on the pedestrian and the other on the car behind. (Thanks Sharon Burrows)

I started to slow down but the traffic was more stationary than I thought.

I pulled into a lay-by with smoke coming from under the hood. I realised the car was on fire so took my dog and smothered it with a blanket.

Q: Could either driver have done anything to avoid the accident
                  A: Travelled by bus

The claimant had collided with a cow. The questions and answers on the claim form were -
                  Q: What warning was given by you
                  A: Horn.
                  Q: What warning was given by the other party
                  A: Moo.

I started to turn and it was at this point I noticed a camel and an elephant tethered at the verge. This distraction caused me to lose concentration and hit a bollard.

On approach to the traffic lights the car in front suddenly broke.

I was going at about 70 or 80 mph when my girlfriend on the pillion reached over and grabbed my testicles so I lost control.

I didnt think the speed limit applied after midnight

I knew the dog was possessive about the car but I would not have asked her to drive it if I had thought there was any risk.

Q: Do you engage in motorcycling, hunting or any other pastimes of a hazardous nature
                  A: I Watch the Lottery Show and listen to Terry Wogan.

First car stopped suddenly, second car hit first car and a haggis ran into the rear of second car.

Windscreen broken. Cause unknown. Probably Voodoo.

The car in front hit the pedestrian but he got up so I hit him again

I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment.

The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention.

I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way

A truck backed through my windshield into my wifes face

A pedestrian hit me and went under my car

In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.

I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection a hedge sprang up obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car.

I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident.

An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished.

I was thrown from the car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows.

Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I dont have.

I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my head through it.

The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.

I had been driving for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.

As I approached an intersection a sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before.

To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I struck a pedestrian.

My car was legally parked as it backed into another vehicle.

I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat found that I had a fractured skull.

I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him.

The pedestrian had no idea which way to run as I ran over him.

I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car.

The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.

The telephone pole was approaching. I was attempting to swerve out of the way when I struck the front end.

The gentleman behind me struck me on the backside. He then went to rest in a bush with just his rear end showing. "

I had been learning to drive with power steering. I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way.

I was backing my car out of the driveway in the usual manner, when it was struck by the other car in the same place it had been struck several times before.

When I saw I could not avoid a collision I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car.

The accident happened when the right front door of a car came round the corner without giving a signal.

No one was to blame for the accident but it would never have happened if the other driver had been alert.

I was unable to stop in time and my car crashed into the other vehicle. The driver and passengers then left immediately for a vacation with injuries.

The pedestrian ran for the pavement, but I got him.

I saw her look at me twice. She appeared to be making slow progress when we met on impact.

The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle.

My car got hit by a submarine. (The Navy informed the wife of a submariner that the craft was due in port. She drove to the base to meet her husband and parked at the end of the slip where the sub was to berth. An inexperienced ensign was conning the sub and it rammed the end of the slip, breaking a section away, causing her car to fall into the water. The Navy paid the compensation claim.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

hiya all...how are we then? hope all is well today.A cold day today but really sunny .went for a little walk today ,only a 4 mile one but enjoyable.A really pleasant site..definitely come back in the future ...

Teege ,,,well done on talking to another yooman boing..Kinda worried about your choice of meals ..toast and dog food .. you take care stay positive .

hiya ppqp ...hows you then ...?glad you got you jo mow back.. we had a lazy day of sorts...this is where we are bimbling about

Teversal, Skegby and Pleaseley Pit Country Park - Nottinghamshire, England
                    | AllTrails

hiya Lav hows you then? good hopefully,,,yep packed fermals but not needed them yet. Big bird?? youove had the children around too much!Very cold and frosty mornings..Ive lost a good few plants already in the garden ..take care ..

hiya paulyhowz yoo ..hope all is well ..

big shout to anyone else...

Two Irish brothers Mick and Paddy have made a promise to their uncle. They had an Uncle Seamus who was a seafaring gent all his life and before he passed away, he made the boys promise to bury him at sea.

Of course he did pass away and the "boys" remembered to keep their promise.

So off they set with Uncle Seamus all stitched up in a burial bag and loaded onto their rowing boat. After a while Mick says, "Do yer tink dis is fer enuff out, Paddy"?

Without a word Paddy slips over the side only to be standing in water up to his knees. "Dis'll never do Mick, let's row some more".

After a bit more rowing Paddy slips over the side again but the water is only up to his belly, so on they row.

Again Mick asks Paddy, "Do yer tink dis is fer enuff out Paddy"? Once again Paddy slips over the side and almost immediately says, "No dis'll neva do". The water was only up to his chest.

So on they row and row and row when finally Paddy slips over the side and disappears!

Quite a bit of time goes by and poor Mick is really getting himself into a state when suddenly Paddy breaks the surface gasping for breath.

"Well is it deep enuff yet, Paddy"?

"Aye it tis! Can yer hand me da shovel".

Funny Motor Insurance Claims

The accident happened because I had one eye on the lorry in front, one eye on the pedestrian and the other on the car behind. (Thanks Sharon Burrows)

I started to slow down but the traffic was more stationary than I thought.

I pulled into a lay-by with smoke coming from under the hood. I realised the car was on fire so took my dog and smothered it with a blanket.

Q: Could either driver have done anything to avoid the accident
                    A: Travelled by bus

The claimant had collided with a cow. The questions and answers on the claim form were -
                    Q: What warning was given by you
                    A: Horn.
                    Q: What warning was given by the other party
                    A: Moo.

I started to turn and it was at this point I noticed a camel and an elephant tethered at the verge. This distraction caused me to lose concentration and hit a bollard.

On approach to the traffic lights the car in front suddenly broke.

I was going at about 70 or 80 mph when my girlfriend on the pillion reached over and grabbed my testicles so I lost control.

I didnt think the speed limit applied after midnight

I knew the dog was possessive about the car but I would not have asked her to drive it if I had thought there was any risk.

Q: Do you engage in motorcycling, hunting or any other pastimes of a hazardous nature
                    A: I Watch the Lottery Show and listen to Terry Wogan.

First car stopped suddenly, second car hit first car and a haggis ran into the rear of second car.

Windscreen broken. Cause unknown. Probably Voodoo.

The car in front hit the pedestrian but he got up so I hit him again

I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment.

The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention.

I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way

A truck backed through my windshield into my wifes face

A pedestrian hit me and went under my car

In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.

I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection a hedge sprang up obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car.

I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident.

An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished.

I was thrown from the car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows.

Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I dont have.

I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my head through it.

The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.

I had been driving for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.

As I approached an intersection a sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before.

To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I struck a pedestrian.

My car was legally parked as it backed into another vehicle.

I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat found that I had a fractured skull.

I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him.

The pedestrian had no idea which way to run as I ran over him.

I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car.

The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.

The telephone pole was approaching. I was attempting to swerve out of the way when I struck the front end.

The gentleman behind me struck me on the backside. He then went to rest in a bush with just his rear end showing. "

I had been learning to drive with power steering. I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way.

I was backing my car out of the driveway in the usual manner, when it was struck by the other car in the same place it had been struck several times before.

When I saw I could not avoid a collision I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car.

The accident happened when the right front door of a car came round the corner without giving a signal.

No one was to blame for the accident but it would never have happened if the other driver had been alert.

I was unable to stop in time and my car crashed into the other vehicle. The driver and passengers then left immediately for a vacation with injuries.

The pedestrian ran for the pavement, but I got him.

I saw her look at me twice. She appeared to be making slow progress when we met on impact.

The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle.

My car got hit by a submarine. (The Navy informed the wife of a submariner that the craft was due in port. She drove to the base to meet her husband and parked at the end of the slip where the sub was to berth. An inexperienced ensign was conning the sub and it rammed the end of the slip, breaking a section away, causing her car to fall into the water. The Navy paid the compensation claim.

Comment

Good evening friends!

Turned rainy & chilly today, same for tomorrow then it looks like dry weather for the next week. Good!
                      Accompanied YB to yet another medical appt today, the last for 3 months I think. Gets a bit tiresome because I can’t go inside the offices & have to sit in the car......boring, haha!

Cyn, so glad you finally got your call completed. This stuff is hard enough to do but adding connection issues is just ridiculous. Hope your day was better today & you got some well deserved rest :hug:

PQ, sounds like you made some good progress!
                      I know I will get my a$$ in gear once these pollen levels drop down to manageable levels. For me springtime = lethargy, haha!

Det, those are some gorgeous pictures, wow!!! I have never seen those places in real life so I appreciate your work!
                      Yeah, taking care of ourselves has to be a daily process. Sh*t piles up too quickly & overloads us before we know what is going on. I don’t know about you but I don’t like surprises. I need to feel in control of what’s happening to me at some degree. Thinking about Mick’s suggestion of a pair of embroidered handcuffs on a pillow ~ I just may do one & see what kind of response I get haha! The customer who wants a pillow for her son’s wedding will definitely get something different LOL

Mick, as long as you guys are warm enough enjoy the chilly camping. I always liked camping before the spring bugs arrived, haha! We haven’t had any plants freeze yet but there’s still a chance I guess. We’re really not supposed to plant outside before Mother’s day in May but we do.
                      Keep enjoying your trip

Hello to Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Det, thank you so much for the great vibes ... I am turning them around super-quick and sending them right back to you!! Be sure to give yourself a lot of love and support too - very impressive hearing about how you handled the stress-overload, kudos. It sounds like things will be picking up... I started over many times in my work life, and the beginnings are tough, but worth it. Good luck!

Mick, just the names of those places and trails are so charming and poetic... I'm sure the hikes are the same. Glad you are out and about.

Lav, I get the car thing... when I was sitting in the car making these calls, then waiting in line (once I was the 2,436th!) I got very annoyed and fidgety, so I get it! Glad that you will be done for a few months. All the news is good for YB? Hope so. Take care...

PPQ, so glad to hear that things seem to be balancing out in your work - hope that continues...

Pauly, hoping all is well - take care-

Sam and all others, wishing you well - stay strong -

Comment

Mae everybody, not much going on here just wanted to say hi and send positive vibes to us all! Hope everyone has a great BF Thursday!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we today then? hope all is well.Weather over here yet again today is lovely...just done 11.5k walk...pleasant and enjoyable after a great brekkie in the van.

20210415_094518.jpg

download.jpg

IMG_20210415_144433.jpg

IMG_20210415_144407.jpg

there is something pretty important missing in the pics ..a train perhaps.....and tracks!!back home tomorrow ..been a nice few days ...hope everyone is doing good ..Det those pics were fabulous ..1000 days today since Julie last drank hope everyone is good .
                            Attached Files

Comment

Greetings all,

Great day - got my hair cut :yay:
                              I hate that ‘helmet head’ feeling, haha! We’ve seen the sun a few times today so that’s nice.

Cyn, yep YB is holding well in the melanoma dept. Of course keeping him out of direct sun is nearly impossible but I think he does understand the consequences at this point.
                              He’s had so many different doc appts lately it’s kinda crazy. There is no need for me to go along except when he see the eye specialist & gets those blinding drops.
                              Hope your day was calmer today if that’s even possible right now. Take care of you :hug:

Pauly, thought of you a few times today after seeing my hair cutter/stylist & then stopping in Walmart & seeing lots of folks pushing those carts with multiple bins, shopping for others. Hope your day was good

Mick, you walking fool, wow!! Great exercise, good for you!
                              Congrats to Julie in her AF time, awesome
                              I just saw a bunch of pictures of frozen fruit trees & vineyards in France, Belgium & other places, sad. The pics showed all the efforts to try to save crops, burning straw bales, lanterns, etc.
                              Enjoy your last day of vacation!

Hello to PQ & Det, hope everything is OK.
                              Hello to Sam & Pie.

Not much going on here. Wishing everyone a nice night!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X