Abbers May 9~2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbers May 9~2021

Mae everybody, figured I'd start the thread since I'm up haha,Mick hope jeeves is better,his stomach sounds like mine,picky! Feels like I can't eat anything without getting bloated or some other issue these days,Cyn glad you made it safe and sound Lav and PQ Happy Mothers day not sure if it's Canada mothers day? I know England's is different but not sure about our northern neighbors, hope everyone has a fabulous BF Sunday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Re: Abbers May 9~2021

MAE ALL...

Pauly...thanks for kicking off the thread. Happy Mother's Day to you, yes we are celebrating in a Winter Wonderland this morning.

Shout out to everyone else for now, have to get a coffee and wake up....:smile:PPQP

Lav...glad to hear your B/P and headache have improved. Maybe upping the dose was the right call. Your sheet pan pizza sounds good, gotta love left overs. I did have a relaxing day yesterday and with this weather I won't be up to much today either.

Mick...waiting to hear if you ended up taking Jeeves into the vet. Hope you were able to sort things out without having to go in.

TG...glad you made it safe and sound. Can't believe you were at the laundromat at 7am. I guess you got to go where the wifi is. I feel your pain for the Zoom seminar, that was down right cruel. Well the warmth has gone but at least we're not in blizzard mode. I bet it feels good to know you're staying put for awhile.

Waves to Det, Pi and Sam hope all is well. Have a good Sunday all....:smile:PPQP
    Last edited by porqoui; May 9, 2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Happy Mothers Day Aberoooos near and far!

just a quick greeting and hugs for all the amazing moms we have.
      i'm trying to hang in there best I can. super stressed and not sleeping at all but hey...
      I'm not dead or detoxing so things could be worse... ack!
      back after making mum's brekkie.....
      be well loves xoxoxo!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

wow ...I missed a trick here !!!well done pauly on the start up .yep Ive spent most of the day attending to Jeeves today ,he seemed ok last night ,was eating this morning and then decided he wasnt playing any more ..been given more meds today and Ive just given him another lot tonight ...just looked into the garage and he is happily munching away ...he is on meadow hay ,grass and timothy hay plus critical care food .I will see what he is like tomorrow .we go away on Friday ..he isnt right we dont go .Put some plants in and got caught in the rain,hope you had agood weekend .

hiya Lav how are you then ? hope all is well..a quiet weekend no visitors? Im banking on no more frost coming ...planted lots of plants so fingers crossed..

hiya det ....positive my friend ...chin up ..yep things go a bit pear shaped at times ..stick with it mate .

hiya ppqp...nope never took him to the vet ..tbh they would havent have done too much more than me ...I have just chopped coriander in with their hay ..he is eating like its going out of fashion ..I will see how he is tomorrow ..how are you then?everything ok over there in Calgary? have they decided if they are having the stampede or is it too early...

hiya teegee glad you are at journeys end...and I dont mean the launderette...time to settle for a wee while..just let the world catch up with you ..

right folk ..stay safe ..

If I bring you breakfast in bed, all I expect in return is a simple “thank you”.

None of this “How did you get in my house?” crap

Just spent £300 on a limousine and discovered that the fee doesn't include a driver

Can't believe I've spent all that money and I have nothing to chauffeur it..

Kids today don't know how well off they are..

I was orphaned at a young age and raised by a pack of hyenas.

No toys, no posh house, facing starvation scouring for food, but boy, did we have some laughs.

Remember when you used to hold a Buttercup under your chin, because you thought it could signal if you liked butter?.

The kids of today in 2040: Remember when you used to get a cotton bud and shove it up your nose, throat or asshole, because you thought it could tell you if you had Covid?.

There was a beer party out in the woods and, all of a sudden there was a downpour of rain and thunder. Two young men ran for about 10 minutes in the pouring rain, and finally reached their car just as the rain let up. They jumped in the car, started it up and headed down the road, laughing and, of course, still drinking one beer after the other.

All of a sudden an old man's face appeared outside the passenger window, and he tapped lightly on the window! The man on the passenger side screamed out, "Ahhhhhhh! Look at my window!!! There's an old guy's face there!"

The old man kept knocking, so the driver said, "Well, open the window a little and ask him what he wants!" So, the passenger rolled his window down part way and, scared out of his wits, said, "What do you want?"

The old man softly replied, "Do you have any cigarettes?"

The passenger, terrified, looked at the driver and said, "He wants a cigarette."

"Well, give him a cigarette! HURRY!!" the driver replies.

So he fumbles around with the pack and hands the old man a cigarette and yells to the driver, "Step on it!!!", rolling up the window in terror.

Now going about 80 miles an hour, they calm down, and they start laughing again, and the passenger says, "What do you think of that?"

The driver replies, "I don't know. How could that be? I am going pretty fast."

Then all of a sudden AGAIN there is a knock, and there is the old man again.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, there he is again!" the passenger yells.

"Well, see what he wants now!" yells back the driver.

He rolls down the window a little ways and shakily says, "Yes?"

"Do you have a light?" the old man quietly asks.

The driver throws a lighter out the window at him and rolls up the window and yells, "STEP ON IT!"

They are now going about 100 miles an hour and still guzzling beer, trying to forget what they had just seen and heard, when all of a sudden again there is more knocking!

"OH MY GOD! HE'S BACK!"

The passenger rolls down the window and screams in stark fear, "WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

The old man replies, "You want some help getting out of the mud?"
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy Mother’s Day greetings!

Cloudy & a few quick showers here so the day hasn’t been a total washout. Chilly though so I’m dressed for winter once again.
          No visitors today but I have heard from both of my kids & even got a basket of flowers delivered which was very nice

Pauly, I hope your day has been good but why are you up so early on a Sunday? Hahha!!

PQ, sorry about your wintry weather. I shouldn’t be complaining about rain.
          Yeah, the headache & B/P issue is improving although I did spike up high after 9 pm last night, it has been doing that all along. Sometimes I feel like I’m walking on eggshells, waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. Doing everything I can to get myself stabilized once again. Hope you didn’t get too much weather today.

Det, you’re busy & that’s a good thing. Just remember to set aside a few breathing breaks during the day. It makes a big difference!

Mick, glad Jeeves is responding to diet & meds. Does he go thru this with season changes? I swear I think we react to changes in the most weird ways.
          I sure hope yuo don’t have to cancel your trip.

Cyn, I hope your day was somewhat relaxing. At least you didn’t have to do a lot of driving. I’m sure there’s plenty to do getting settled in for the summer & beyond.

Hello to Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick glad Jeeves seems to be better now,loved the homeless cigarette guy joke haha,Lav,we were off to go across town to meet LB and her boyfriends mom for a mother's day breakfast, she's been in town for a few weeks and then she's leaving to drive to FL on Tuesday, she decided to leave Portland after this kids left cuz she couldn't really afford it up there on her own anymore,she's lost soo much money on her failed farm endeavor,loss of her catering business due to covid so she's basically starting over,wanted to say bye to her and see her before she leaves PQ, glad you had a good day even though it snowed yikes!Det,yep take it easy,thought things were coming along nicely up there? Are you stressed cuz you're too busy with jobs? Hope things settle down for you,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday that feels like a Monday ugh!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi all busy day ...Jeeves took a down turn today ..eating this morningg and then nope ..phoned the vet ..says it sounds like he is getting over gut stasis .if he is no better by tomorrow night then he is going in ..but at present Im medding him 3 times a day syringe feed every 4 hours and syringe water ...get my jab tomorrow ...supposed to be going away on Friday we will see ..massive storms andwinds here today ...hope everyoneis well.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

No rain for us today so it was a nice break. I’m busy just putzing around, finishing up some small embroidery jobs & playing gardener. My new bird bath with the solar fountain is out between the raised beds now. I hope the pollinators find it & like it too. Picture on FB

Pauly, I really feel sorry for anyone losing their business & having to pul up stakes & move cross-country. I just don’t have the energy for all that anymore. I hope she gets settled in FL OK.
                I hope everything is good with you!!

Mick, sorry Jeeves is still unwell. You really have done everything you can possibly do for him. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for both of you.
                Sounds like your weather is not cooperating, sorry about that.

Hello to PQ, Cyn, Sam & Det. Pie??

Have a nice night all.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all - this is the first time I am posting from my phone! Hope it goes... still jumping in, getting up to speed here at work... I admit to being lonely... sounds like the Internet situation where I am staying will not get better for a few more days - I sure miss the contact with friends..,
                  Det - stay strong, and breathe, as Lav said -wishing you well. Paula, thx for the startup ! Hope your visit went well. Mick, so sorry about Jeeves... hope all turns out well. PPQ - still snow? Yikes! Lav, sorry theBP is still acting up... good luck! I have had a time of it with allergies, or a cold, or something.... hoping that is on the way out...

Wishing all well and safe - TG

Comment

Afternoon everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing ok. I've just got back from having my second needle the term needle is loosely applied it felt like he was sticking a blunt spoon in my arm but that's it done. On the way home I picked up some more medication for Jeeves I've kept a diary all the way through and today looks a bit more promising although he is definitely dehydrated and just won't drink from any of the bottles or indeed a dish. I actually spoke to the vet that has dealt with him in the past while I was down there, and I think one of the things that is happening is Jeeves is refusing to eat or do anything whilst I'm there really strange but if I put food down he will refuse to take it from me and yet I turn my back and delete it it's almost as if he's got a sulk on we shall see. Tomorrow morning will be the make a break with three goes to the vet's or not his health comes before any holiday
                    Hope everyone is doing well, they are talking about out relaxing all the rules next week so we shall see. It's quite a difficult thing because the last 12-months our Focus has been on making sure we didn't become positive for the virus. Now the emphasis is on getting a vaccine so that if we do get it it does not result in hospitalization or serious illness or death. It is quite a different mindset to get round that yesterday was the first day since last July there are no deaths in the United Kingdom due to the virus that is some milestones fingers crossed the same scenario will happen throughout the world.
                    Hello tree girl and how are you? When you say it is the first time using your phone I take it you are using the keypad as opposed to chatting? Wishing you all the very best you've done the hard yards now start thinking of yourself

Hiya Pauly how are things with you today? Hope everything is doing ok Jeeves seems a lot brighter today apart from the fact he won't drink. Hope all is well with you you and yours

Hiya lav.. how are you then today? The weather over here definitely is not playing the game it's raining at least it's not Killing all my plants off the garden is starting to take shape again take care

Hiya ppqp..hope all is well over there take care of yourself

Right good people big shout out to everyone else stay safe and take care

Comment

MAE ALL...sorry for missing yesterday but I'm on full program mode right now and shut it down about 11pm. Had a virtual 4 hour meeting with the boss and prog coord this morning, guess it was my turn TG.

Mick...I got it...Jeeves is ticked off at you for letting Bonnie onto the new lawn before him. I sure hope the meds kick in and you're able to have your vacay. I know he couldn't be in better hands!

TG...you are braver than me, posting on your phone. I hope they get your internet sorted soon. The couple of days I was without my laptop were excruciating.

Lav...we had an overcast sky all day and now the sun is out full blast. Just in time to create a thunder storm for us. I love thunderstorms. Your birdbath looks great, what a thoughtful gift.

Time to heat up some left over stew and shut the computer off. All things in moderation. LOL Shout out to the rest of the gang, have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening all,

Had a nice day & actually saw both of my kids & all the grandkids today ~ how about that?
                        Weather is pretty good, no rain.

Cyn, getting into work mode after that epic cross-country road trip, geez! Cut yourself a little break, we’re not the spring chicks we used to be, haha! I hope your internet connection is up & running soon, much easier. You have likely driven yourself into a brand new set of allergies out there, take it easy & take care :hug:

Mick, it kind of does sound like Jeeves is manipulating you just a bit, haha! I really hope he settles down so you can go away & relax! Promise him you’ll bring him a nice gift when you return

PQ, how can anyone sit for a 4 hour online meeting?? I would be falling off my chair, no kidding!!!
                        I hope you get a lovely thunderstorm & rainbow afterwards

Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie - hello to all!

Time to close up the chicken house for the night!

Take care everyone!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,

Well, I finally noticed that my phone has a Personal Hotspot! And it is working! I can't tell you how happy I am... these last nights have been silent and and very lonely. And I am rarely lonely... and I never watch TV, but I miss my storm radio, (must not have packed it) where I could at least get public radio and a little music. What a relief to feel connected to people again!

Mick, crossing fingers that Jeeves snaps out of whatever it is... sometimes pets know that we are planning on leaving... I've had dogs that would really misbehave when the luggage came out. Or maybe all the new lawn, etc is just too much change for him? Who knows - just hoping it all turns out well... good luck.

Lav, just love that bird bath, so pretty and such a nice gift for your birds! How are you feeling? The BP any better? I was worried the other day about what was going on with me... temp went to 100, terrible body aches...? But a gallon of homemade chicken soup and a gallon of green tea, an Allegra and some Tylenol, and I seem to be okay. Sheesh!

Pauly, how are your allergies, you doing okay?

Det, I hope you are coping with all the new things in your life.

PPQ, holy cow, 4 hours - too much for an in-person or Zoom meeting, unbelievable! I hope things calm down for you...

Sam and all others, here's hoping you are well...

Worked in the festival office all day - quite a switch for me to be around another person... but good! More tomorrow...

Wishing all well ---

Enjoy the light...

Comment

hiya all how are we today?hope all is well..feeling a bit ropey ...went to bed at half 8 last night ...got a bouncing headache and it feels like Ive been trampled but apart from that ...fine .good news on the Jeeves job ...he is eating again ...another thing ..when I try and give him food he wont eat it ..and yet when Julie gives him the same stuff ..he will..he has a hump on because Ive been giving him meds ..he has done well today .we have a mahoosive storm coming up..iI thought it was planes but its thunder.

hiya ppqp...hows you then? sounds like you are in full steam mode...re the storm coming ...forget it ..its here now its hammering down now complete with lightning .the 2 of them have been on the lawn together this morning....take care and look after your self .

hiya Lav ...kidz n grankidz....that made me smile ....."its easy granma ..just press the button ...and yes you are right ..Jeeves is manipulating me ...some of his actions prove that point ..but hey ..take care n have a good day .

hiya tee gee ..you ok?thats how I get the internet when Im away ..use my phone as a hotspot...Jeeves seems to have snapped out of it ..he is still wary of me ,but not as much ..now that he knows he isnt getting medicated ..chicken soup ..the time honoured method for curing ailments ..

hiya everyone else hope you are well ...

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...boy that's been a long time coming. I hope you had a good time with everyone. Gotta say my legs were pretty stiff when I first got up from the meeting. I actually did a lot of work before the meeting so we would have something to look at instead of watching the boss fumble through things. I'd still be in the meeting. Didn't get my thunderstorm last night so maybe something will bubble up tonight.

TG...glad you found the hot spot on your phone, I didn't even think of that. I'm glad you're not feeling so lonely. I bet going into the festival office seemed strange. When I pop into the office I wonder how I ever lasted 8 hours.

Mick...quite the storm rolled in for you. Hope that hail didn't do any damage. Are you effected with pressure changes? I'm sure that storm was boiling up for awhile. Glad Jeeves is feeling better, you're probably right about being the one who gives him his meds. Hope the weather smartens up before Friday. Steam is off for a little while, waiting on documentation from the prog coord.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X