Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Researching Baclofen and Phenibut

Hey All,

I use to be a member here about 9 years ago (forgot what my username was) and stumbled upon the forum again when doing some research on Baclofen and Phenibut for alcohol withdrawals and cravings. I've browsed around the forums and read some users stories on both medications. I was curious if anyone knows of any telemedicine doctors in the USA that prescribe Baclofen for alcohol addiction.

I stumbled upon this site today and searched for it on the forums but didn't find any posts. They appear to be able to prescribe Baclofen but was curious if anyone had experience with them. The site is LifeBac

Either way, any help with telemedicine resources that can prescribe Baclofen in the USA would be helpful.

Thank you,
    PTT

Re: Researching Baclofen and Phenibut

Hi [MENTION=24658]PursuitToThrive[/MENTION],

I have heard of LifeBac, it appears to be legit but from what I understand is only available in a few states? Maybe they've expanded. It does seem expensive compared to getting it from a doctor (provided you have insurance) but is way cheaper than drinking, so would be worth looking into.

They are the only telemedicine baclofen providers that I am aware of. Since you were here 9 years ago you probably remember the great Dr. Levin, but he no longer prescribes.

Your other option is to go with an online pharmacy. There are a number of them that are legitimate and have been used by years by members of this and other forums--River Pharmacy, All Day Chemist, Goldpharma and Inhouse Pharmacy are all ones that people on here have used regularly.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=14524]_serenity_[/MENTION] Thank you for the replying. It is much appreciated.

I did try to sign up for LifeBac but they do no operate in my state sadly. It is a little pricey yes but it is definitely cheaper than alcohol and it does include follows up with a doctor to discuss how it is or is not working for you which is half of what I am looking for (Some form of support group outside of AA). Sadly it seems like MWO and theendofmyaddiction.org no longer offer much engagement since the forums are basically deserted. So again, I truly appreciate your response.

Dr. Levin does sound very familiar and I have read other posts on here of others mentioning him.

I have been looking into online pharmacies and think I am going start with All Day Chemist as I have seen good things about them.

I've seen some of your responses to others on the forums throughout the years and I would love to connect with you more. I am really just looking for some guidance and support trying this method.

Thank you,
      PTT

Comment

You are welcome to reach out, I have been on baclofen for 10+ years and have watched a lot of people on this forum and others find great success with baclofen. The End of My Addiciton has links to the French doctors' protocols for baclofen prescriptions, which is extremely helpful. Basically you want to start out at a low dose (perhaps 15 mgs/day split up into three doses) and then gradually, every 4 days or so, go up by 10 mgs. Slow and steady wins the race for most people. I have seen a lot of people go up in dosage much faster, and while it works OK for some, others find themselves absolutely slammed by side effects when they go up in dosage too fast. I would advise going slower for most people, even though they want relief faster. If you find that going up 10 mgs every four days doesn't produce side effects, you may try to shorten it to every three days to see how that works for you, and take it from there. Don't just jump up by 50 mgs because you're in a hurry, or go all over the place with different dosages. Set a timer to take your meds at the same time every day, spaced out as evenly as possible. Baclofen has a short half-life so you want to keep it as steady in your bloodstream as possible. I would also suggest figuring out a system where you divvy up your doses in advance, maybe a week or so in advance, so you will know right away if you miss a dose (bac can make you forgetful).
        Last edited by _serenity_; June 2, 2021, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X