30 may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 may

Hello everyone and how are we today then ? Hope all is well there Hope everyone is doing OK fullstop I am out in the car at the moment It is an absolutely gorgeous day today The temperature in the car reads 32゚ Outside there is a slight breeze but apart from that A superb day. This is the sort of day we should have been on the coast in the Van I am doing this on the new phone It is even worse at understanding Scots Taking everyone look after yourself I'll just go back and feed the rabbits some more roses haha
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 30 may

Greetings all,

Still raining here, gloomy & chilly too. Woke up to 46 degrees - is winter making a return?? Feels like it the past 3 days.
    Grandson #1 joined us for dinner today & then both kids went back home as my son was not working OT tonight as previously thought. Haven’t been able to do anything outside the past few days but did pick some nice strawberries.

Mick, looks like you have a lovely drive this morning & no rain, haha!!
    I hope everyone is settling back in at home & the bunnies are getting plenty of rose petals. Animals can be so weirs sometimes

Hello to Cyn, PQ, Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone os doing well.
    Have a nice night all.

Lav
    Last edited by Lavande; May 31, 2021, 05:00 PM.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Summer hit today, 85F. One son went out to Strathmore yesterday for the weekend so the other son and I headed out to Banff. Banff has been closed to visitors but opened this weekend so with the gorgeous weather we thought we'd just wander around in the mountains. Never thought of work once. LOL

Mick...with all that lush grass I'm surprised they went for the roses. Kids these days, geeze! Good to hear they were healthy when you picked them up.

Lav...that's exactly how it felt last weekend for me. Cool, wet, grey and windy. So it looks like you our weather patterns end up in your neck of the woods a week later. Be prepared, it could be pretty toasty for you next weekend. LOL Nice that your son didn't have to do OT, it must have saved on your staples.

TG...glad your back is feeling better and that you were able to get mobile for awhile. You take it easy.

Wishing everyone a restful evening...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all bank holiday Monday ...the sun is out and shining ...glorious weather here sitting in the garden watching ...the grass growing and reading .the latest addition to round here ...there is a red kite flying around ...no not a kite kite but a bird ..justsoaring on the thermals ..

hiya ppqp ...sounds like you are having good weather too...Ive been to Banff ...I recall it was lovely ,almost as nice as the one back home ...different scenery but just as pretty ..Rabbits were fine when I picked them up and are doing good …

hiya Lav ...you ok?so you had chilly burgers did you ?you ar right about nimals being weird ...these 2 just do their own thing they dont behave like wabbits..Strawberries ..yum yum !!have a lovely day .

big shout to everyone else ....take care and enjoy the day

186546350_1196323434219055_8137611128332945740_n.jpg

189217617_1198408437343888_5887069929068433532_n.jpg

190462796_1201098870408178_8222007195581150280_n.jpg

192988649_1202905420227523_3356227024390365185_n.jpg

and finally......

192709130_1203948250123240_5846992099648931675_n.jpg
        Last edited by Mick; May 31, 2021, 01:42 PM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends on this Memorial Day!

We always had a parade going through town, I miss that living here in cow country.
          Sunny & milder today, finally. They say we had 3.5” of rain the past 3 days, geez. Nice to be able to go out & walk around a bit.

PQ, I think I just heard some unsettled weather is on the way for Thursday & Friday, oh well. Glad you had an enjoyable outing with your son. Also glad there was no work thoughts!!

Mick, glad yuo had an enjoyable weekend too!
          The strawberries are coming in nicely & soon the blueberries will as well. Trying to keep the birds away from the fruit salad with netting this year!
          Funny pics, especially the last one. I am guilty of enticing my visitors with goodies too

Cyn, sure hope you are getting around OK & feeling more comfortable.

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie!

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...it's always good to hear the peskies are happy and healthy when you get back from your travels. Some restrictions are coming off starting tomorrow and I just hope everyone doesn't turn into idiots and think they're invincible. The government is doing 2 week intervals with eliminating all restrictions by July 9th. I'll just keep my comments to myself. LOL

Lav...do you think the town had a parade this year? The city usually puts on a huge Stampede Parade but they've cancelled it again this year. At least someone is thinking right. No rain in our just hot sunny weather for the week. There'll be lots of people at the community garden watering so that should help with the vandalism. Every year one of our volunteers plants about 5 flower pots for the garden. She planted Saturday and on Sunday when she came to water someone selectively helped themselves to some of them. No vandalism but come on, how much does a bedding out plant cost! I would really like to plant raspberry bushes in the garden but apparently their roots can be very invasive so it's been voted down twice.

Working on some signage for the community centre so may have to pop in for a bit tomorrow, we shall see. Made hamburgers for lunch so think I'll have breakfast for dinner. LOL
            Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ,that's terrible about the flower pots being messed with,winder if it's those kids again, Mick glad you had a good getaway and things are OK with the bunnies now Lav,I haven't been to a parade in ages,Vegas doesn't do much for parades and if they do we have to drive out to them so I skip,small town parades like when I was growing up seemed funner cuz we'd know some of the people in the parades too,went to a BBQ at Lbs on Sunday so didn't do much yesterday, hubs has been slow at work and he's been home and getting on my nerves,just out of routine and it feels weird! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF day!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi all how are we today then? hope all is well....still a nice day but a bit more overcast but lovely all the same .Watched the television this morning ....really crazy ..some woman on there drumming up support for people not to have the jabs ...saying that its against human rights and all sorts of rubbish ...it really boils my blood listening to some of this crap...blatantly obvious that she has never had a relative poorly or worse with it grrrrrrr count to 10 ....very bloody slowly

hiya pauly hows you then?all good? apart from hubby getting on nerves ...thats bound to happen ...irrespective of who it is ..we all need space ...

hiya ppqp ..how are you then ? what restrictions have been lifted?raspberry roots arent invasive ..if you look after them ..get an old dustbin or such like ...put it into the raised bet plant rasp canes in it ..also dont forget to cut them back every year ..loganberries are very invasive but def youcan control rasps ..especially if you get good fruit givers

Raspberry / RHS Gardening

hiya Lav ...how are you then? hope all is well..parades ....?nah you are best orf out of the road ...its still early days..Latest one.......

WHO Has Renamed Coronavirus Variants Using Greek Letters

oh well keeps someone in a job!!!hope you have a good day .

right everyone take care .........

188108617_1197100744141324_3363520219485367214_n.jpg

192768959_1205235306661201_7837096631660039082_n.jpg

Comment

Greetings all,

Nice day here, tried to do some trimming of the fast growing shrubs around here. I still have to go back out & pick up all the trims. The bees got in the way earlier & I’m not messing with them.
                  I don’t know what variety of raspberries YB has but they grow like crazy. He pulls roots out, pots them up & sells them at the auction where the Amish sell their veggies. We get a LOT of raspberries every summer.

PQ, I honestly don’t know if there was a parade in town or not haha! I was so used to the parades in our old hometown where the fire company drove a few trucks (YB usually behind the wheel of one) & the high school bad where my kids reluctantly marched & played, haha & the Girl Scouts & the Boy Scouts, etc. We live 7 miles south of town now so we have no idea when something is going on up there.
                  That’s sad about people stealing plants - idiots!! Do you guys have motion activated lights & a camera pointed at the garden?? Maybe a big mean dog too, Lol

Pauly, I think the bigger east coast cities like NYC & Philly really get into their parades under normal circumstances. Funny how the small towns come to rely on these events every year.
                  We had a plumber here last week to install a water source on the deck for all the plants we hove out there. This guy did all the work when this house was built so it was like a little reunion, haha! I hope your husband picks up some work this week & gets out of your hair.

Mick, it’s the same here with a bunch of anti-vaxers making noise, foolish. You can’t talk sense into some people. Personally I think they should be refused treatment if they get sick but that won’t happen either. I did hear today about naming the variants with Greek letters, haha!
                  Today, June 1 if the beginning of hurricane season & it’s supposed to be as busy as it was last year, swell.
                  Hope the bunnies are full of grass & roses

Cyn, hope you are doing OK.

Hello to Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I'm sure if it wasn't those kids, we would have found them strewn all over the garden and green spaces. Nice that you were able to get to a BBQ and doing nothing on holiday Monday sounds perfect to me. Hope hubs gets back to work soon, I hear you about being out of routine with him around. LOL

Mick...we are now under a heat wave warning and it's only June 1st. Yikes! Wed, Thu and Fri will see temps around 88F and then rain for the weekend to cool thing off. They allowed restaurants to do patio dinning so all the businesses built patios and 2 weeks later they shut them down. That restriction has now been lifted. They have increased capacity for various outdoor activities but just by a little. I'm a little more concerned with step 2 slated for Jun 10th opening up indoor activity and removing mandatory work from home. Thanks for the info on raspberry bushes that's great. I have bookmarked the page and you know what I'll be growing next year.

Lav...see what happens when you plant wild flowers. :hahaha: I will definitely be investigating raspberries especial if I can contain the roots in a bin in the raised bed. I have a camera pointed at the garden but it doesn't cover a whole lot. I didn't go into the office today so will have a look next time I'm in. Can't have dogs in the garden but maybe I could train a rabbit? Hope you don't get clobbered during hurricane season, we'll be watching out for hail!

TG...thinking of you and hope things are healing quickly.

Shout out to the rest of the gang....:smile:PPQP
                    Last edited by porqoui; June 1, 2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Hello all - goodness, I was sure that I posted a day or two ago... but I see nothing... sorry!

Busy weekend working, then drove on Sunday 3 hours away to be with step-daughter, then drove back yesterday... really took the starch out of me! And didn't do a lot of good for my back, but we weren't together last year on Memorial Day when her dad passed, and I was determined that we spend some time together... it was healing...

Glad to hear that all the gardens are thriving. I remember well when I had a house, and could barely keep a couple of cherry tomatoes pots going on my porch... I had great desires to garden, but... probably all for the best...

PPQ, that's Vegas weather! Lav, hoping the hurricanes miss you...Pauly, good luck with the man at home , Mick, hoping your weather behaves and that the peskies don't overdose on the grass... Det and all,others, hoping you are well.

I can hardly keep my eyes open, so o guess it's time for bed... night all, sleep tight...

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then ? Hope everyone is doing OK . Yet another lovely hot day today The rabbits are having a ball I've been scratching my head how to make a table To put our cups on when we are sitting in the Van.... to get an angled table is about 80 pounds to buy..I've made one out of a sheet of mdf..it looks pretty good and at zilch cost... even better.
                        Hiya teegee great to see you.. sounds like you had a fair old drive..take it easy today

Hiya lav how's you then?hope all is good. Yesterday despite all the hoo hah about covid going up ..there were no deaths in the UK at all..interesting. hope you have a good day

Hiya ppqp how are you today?hope all is good...sounds like the garden is getting on OK.. did they ever find out who trashed the garden?hope you have good one....

Hiya paulyhow are you doing? Hope all is well with you and yours.is hubby still getting on your nerves?stay cool

20210601_183258~2.jpg

Comment

Good evening friends,

Love the boxed bunny Mick, hahha!!
                          The sun didn’t really arrive until just now so it won’t be here too long. Rain & storms tomorrow ~ swell.

PQ, maybe you just need a scarecrow at the garden. Something that lights up & makes a lot of noise when someone approaches after hours, LOL
                          Despite restrictions & mask mandates being dropped here I wore a mask at a few stops I had to make today& I’m not the only one. I’ll feel safe when I feel safe & that’s all there is to it I guess.

Cyn, glad you got to see your SD. Shame she didn’t do the driving though. I hope you have rested up since.
                          I really don’t get involved with the vegetable gardening here, that’s YB’s thing. Flowers make me happier anyway haha!

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie.

Hope everyone has a nice night!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...I'm glad you were able to make the trek to see your step daughter, I'm sure it was healing for both of you. Sorry it put a strain on your back. Reminded me of when I drove 8hrs to and 8hrs back for my sisters funeral only to discover I had a collapsed lung and ended up in hospital for 2 weeks. It was still worth the trip to say goodbye. Nope, Vegas weather hit today at 91F, made me think of Pauly. You take it easy and rest up.

Mick...hot here today as well. You just never stop do you! I'm surprised Julie is letting you build a table for the van. Didn't she say no reno's when you bought it? No results on the vandals in the garden yet but there is an open police report. The little twerps also dismantled part of our deck railing and broke a hall window to the tune of $900. We figure we know where they live (an apartment building) and one of our garden members lives there so is keeping an eye open. We just need to know where to point the police to.

Lav...had to look at Mick's pic again after your comment on boxed bunny. LOL Hope the rain and storm is mild for you, ours is coming Friday night/ Saturday. Oooh, love the idea of a scarecrow for the garden. You've got me thinking of all kinds of things now. I'm with you with feeling safe when you feel safe. I'm wearing my mask and staying away from crowds. They've announced we can start booking for our 2nd vaccine dose, I'm not eligible till June 28th but will talk to my pharmacist before then. Boss announced he's taking holidays mid July so I'll be back in the office for awhile then.

Early virtual meeting with the boss to set new rental/catering rates for the fall. He's expecting an onslaught of inquires with the restrictions being eliminated. Should be quick and easy as the prog coord isn't involved. LOL Thinking of the rest of the gang and wishing a peaceful evening to all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya everyone ,how are we today then? hope all is doing good .very overcast today humid and also a very high pollen count ,its supposed to be raining later on ...Pollen doesnt affect the rabbits they are busy munching ..

ppqp...a scarecrow with a baseball bat sound like a good number....just be careful when they lift the restrictions ..if its the same as here everyone went stupid ..and now we have a load of anti vaxers ...led by Jeremy Corbyns brother and a disgraced British doctor now in America called Andrew Wakefield .You will know when you feel safe ..go with your gut instinct ...

hiya teegee ..you well? have you had a decent sleep after all that zooming around?you take it easy .

hiya Lav,how are you doing today then? hope all is well...what are you doing sending the rain over ?I bought a new garden hose ,I dont need it thanx ...

hiya pauly sam det..and pie how are you all ..be nice to hear from you pie

Letters from Son at College to his Father

Dear Dad,

$chool i$ really great. I am making lot$ of friend$ and $tudying very hard. With all my $tuff, I $imply can't think of anything I need, $o if you would like, you can ju$t $end me a card, a$ I would love to hear from you.

Love,
                              Your $on.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear Son,

I kNOw that astroNOmy, ecoNOmics, and oceaNOgraphy are eNOugh to keep even an hoNOr student busy. Do NOt forget that the pursuit of kNOwledge is a NOble task, and you can never study eNOugh.

Love,
                              Dad

So this kid never says anything. He's ten years old and has never said a word his entire life. His parents are naturally overwrought with concern.

They take him to specialists, they read books on psychology, they do everything they can to pique his interest, but nothing seems to work.

They are literally at their wits end when one day at the dinner table, out of the blue, kid says -- "Soup's cold".

Needless to say his parents are completely in shock and, of course, at the same time overjoyed. "He can talk", blurts out the Mom!

Dad says, "After all this time, after all the therapy sessions, after everything we've done to try to get you to talk, how come you've never said anything"?

Kid says, "Well, up until now everything's been fine".

Ralph and Mary were sitting around the breakfast table one lazy morning. Ralph suddenly said, "Mary, if I were to die suddenly, I want you to immediately sell all my stuff".

"Now why would you want me to do something like that" Mary asked?

"I figure that you would eventually remarry, and I don't want some other jerk using my stuff..."

"What makes you think I'd marry another jerk"?

1. The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian .

3. She was only a whiskey maker, but he loved her still.

4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated in an algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.

5. The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work.

6. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

7. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.

8. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.

9. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.

10. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

11. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.

12. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

13. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other, 'You stay here; I'll go on a-head.'

14. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger.. Then it hit me.

15. A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: 'Keep off the Grass.'

16. A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to a hospital. When his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was, a nurse said, 'No change yet.'

17. A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.

18. The short fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.

19. The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.

20. A backward poet writes inverse.

21. In democracy it's your vote that counts. In feudalism it's your count that votes.

22. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.

23. Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!

They spoke for a while and then Patrick said, "Father, can ya come closer, please".

And so they spoke, but again, Patrick asked, "Forgive me Father, but can you come a little closer, I'd be havin' trouble hearing ya..."

So again, the Priest came closer. But again, Patrick asked the Father to come closer.

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, lad. I'm pratically shouting and right on top of you"!

"I know Father. But in here, they don't allow me any sensible drink, and your breath is like a breeze from heaven".

As my five year old son and I were headed to McDonald's one day, we passed a car accident. Usually when we see something terrible like that, we say a prayer for those who might be hurt, so I pointed and said to my son, "We should pray."

From the back seat I heard his earnest request: "Please, God, don't let those cars block the entrance to McDonald's."

A little girl was out with her Grandmother when they came across a couple of dogs mating on the sidewalk.

"What are they doing, Grandma" asked the little girl?

The grandmother was embarrased, so she said, "The dog on top has hurt his paw, and the one underneath is carrying him to the doctor".

They're just like people, aren't they Grandma" said the little one?

"How do you mean" asked the Grandma?

"Offer someone a helping hand", said the little girl, "and they screw you every time"!

All Three Were Wrong
                              Two medical students were walking along the street when they saw an old man walking with his legs spread apart. He was stiff legged and walking slowly.

One of the students said to his friend: "I'm sure the poor old man has Petry Syndrome. Those people walk just like that".

The other student says: "No, I don't think so. The old man surely has Zovitzki Syndrome. He walks slowly and his legs are apart just as we learned in class".

Since they couldn't agree they decided to ask the old man. They approached him and one of the students said to him: "We're medical students and couldn't help but notice the way you walk, but we couldn't agree on the syndrome you might have. Could you tell us what it is"?

The old man said: "I'll tell you, but first you must tell me what you two fine medical students think".

One of the students said: "I think it's Petry Syndrome".

The old man said: "You thought....... But you are wrong".

Then the other student said: "I think you have Zovitzki Syndrome".

The old man said: "You thought........ But you are wrong".

So they asked him: "Well, old timer, what do you have"?

The old man said: "I thought it was gas........... But I was wrong"!

Comment

Working...
                              X