Army June 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army June 2021

Its 4am and I'm awake for no particular reason and its minus 4 degrees so...

:flowersglow: Welcome to Wonderful June Army!:flowersglow:

Re: Army June 2021

Thanks for the welcome into June, Fickles.:hug:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hey its not June over here yet :smiles:

How are you doing [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]?

Thats really annoying [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], how long do you think for a replacement?

I remember when I was about 19, my parents bought me contact lenses. They were hard gas permeable (plastic) ones back then, that lasted a year and cost my folks a fortune. I lost one of them on an elevator of a big department store where I worked. My poor dad drove in and found that contact lens, there was no way he was forking out for another!!

Bridge, my lot will want us back too, but im not telling them Im vaccinated. They have asked that we share the information, but I doubt they can make us tell them. I might tell them I believe the vaccines are tracking devices, put them off the scent.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

6.30 am here and I have been up for an hour.
        Sunny morning again and I am off fo a walk with friends at 7
        Had a great day yesterday climbed Pendle Hill and then continued on through lovely sunny countryside.
        Keeping busy and the sunshine really helps.

Comment

Morning all ..out the door to work..talk later..great to see you MrsA xxxx
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning everyone. I’m the same, rushing off to work. Thanks for getting us started in June Fickle. How are you doing?

Delighted that you are enjoying the sun and getting your exercise Brit. It’s not a lot but it will help you put one foot in front of the other and get through the days. This pandemic has made us all appreciate the simple things in life.

Comment

Morning and waves to the universe,
              Glorious morning, hope it lasts all day.
              [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]......In all honestly no idea but now the bank holiday is over people are going out of their way to help,..............My ear-trumpet man is on to the insurance for us. I've got the proper paperwork for my cataract so its all in the air at the moment. Mr JC has taken responsibility for my eye ball.
              We've still got Romeo and Juliet staying. The venue is booked, wine chosen and its chicken unless you're a vegan or vegetarian then its the same but without the chicken.
              Just waiting for the pair of them to appear and going to take them to my favourite cafe for a coffee and bit of cake and then they're going home.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...............how is Joe?
              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........your wedding must be near?

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].............you're sounding a tad better.
              Last edited by JackieClaire; June 1, 2021, 03:08 AM.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all and thanks for starting us off [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION].
                Looks like it's all coming on with the wedding plans there, JC. Time for a new hat.

I love getting up nice and early these days too [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. You do sound better there.

The boy appears to have rear ended someone on the way home, so this is going to be a tense night!! It never ends.

I think that's what I'm going to do as well Mary. They can't make me have the vaccine and they can't prove I've got it on board. If they make me go back I'll be wearing a tin foil hat for protection from the death rays. And I will be dealing with office inquiries with my helmet insitu.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Happy June, Army!
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

not sure is this site acting up -- sent a post a while back and it doesn't seem to exist anymore so anyway just saying hi after a long tiring day -- that's it really

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].........how very odd. Perhaps it'll mysteriously appear in the middle of November

Just called in to say goodnight I'm zorstered. Not use to having people in the house.

Ear Trumps sorted. The Insurance will pay. We have to pay about excess £300 but that's a damnded sight cheaper than £4000 for a new pair.
                      The cataract has been sorted. I DID have the right number and will be getting a letter of apology and less another cataract in the next couple of months

Had a lovely lunch out with Romeo and Juliet and they've tootled back to York. Jenny was wearing my Mum's engagement ring. Its over 74 years old. Its been cleaned and needed a little mending as a couple of the sapphires were loose as the platinum clasps needing replacing so its back to normal.................I promptly burst into tears

I'm off an early night. :hug: to you all.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning all from here,
                        I've finally figured out how to log in from my phone which will help me keep in touch better.
                        I've also started walking again which is super important. The very cold weather and short days has been a deterrent but I've got the odd day working from home which means I can get out in the middle for a walk. Things were too hectic at work for quite a while so I've been missing out on my walks and putting on weight.
                        Plan is to get back to my intermittent fasting and walking most days if I can. Its a committment. I find the fasting reinforces my belief in my own willpower. A belief sorely needed right now.
                        Hope everyone has a super day or evening ahead :star:

PS: forgive me if I click the 'like' button on all the posts, it helps me keep track of where I'm up to if I get behind.. but I know it creates all those annoying little notifications
                        Last edited by fickle; June 1, 2021, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Like away [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]!! you have a great plan now, walking, fasting and no al, youve got this :cool-new:

The ring sounds just perfect [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. brilliant the insurance company kicked in!

We all went for a dip after athletics, kids too. Lovely to watch the sun going down.
                          Few heads missing these days...
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening all,
                            I must have missed something JC. I didn't think your ear trumpets were that old? That is a lot of cash for ear trumpets too.

Good to be back in the swing, isn't it [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] These little daily routines are completely reinforcing

I'm not having any trouble with the site at the moment Molly, which is strange.

I'm having another crack at cold turkey on the sugar this week. I swear it is more addictive than alcohol - same thing I suppose. The cravings!
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning almost missing Army????!! Sounds like you are getting a good plan together Fickle...I found in the early days I needed to catalogue what's better about not drinking ..you know ..more money (get a piggy bank)..clearer head in mornings..less calories..whatever means a lot to you...helped me a lot!
                              Good you got the hearing aid sorted Jacks....I find with mask wearing it can be tricky hearing people perfectly..particularly if they have an accent..must lip read a bit without realising it!
                              Last edited by mollyka; June 2, 2021, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X