The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle

A wonderful book/guide to realize and understand the essence of human-being and unlocking one's full potential.
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Re: The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle

Originally posted by techie View Post
    A wonderful book/guide to realize and understand the essence of human-being and unlocking one's full potential.
    I read his book a few years ago Techie - but found it hard going.
    May try again.
    That sometimes happens to me & books like that - need to be in the right frame of mind to take it in....

Comment

Thanks Techie. Great book and good reminder to remain in the now, not depressed over the past or anxious/worried about the future. Both do not exist, only in my mind. But when i am in the now, the present moment and not in the past or future, there is no mind/thoughts to cheese. me. off.

Def worth another read Satzy. I can also recommend a book called 'The greatest secret' by Rhonda Byrne. Similar message but maybe easier to follow.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Yes, I agree. It is worth picking it up again @Staz123. Another wonderful read is The Biology of Belief by Dr. Bruce Lipton!
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], I did better with it on audio. This sounds weird but I sort of 'felt' the message rather that getting it intellectually. I don't manage to stay in the Now all of the time but I sure spend more time here than I used to!

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
            Thanks Techie. Great book and good reminder to remain in the now, not depressed over the past or anxious/worried about the future. Both do not exist, only in my mind. But when i am in the now, the present moment and not in the past or future, there is no mind/thoughts to cheese. me. off.

Def worth another read Satzy. I can also recommend a book called 'The greatest secret' by Rhonda Byrne. Similar message but maybe easier to follow.
            Anyone read Abraham Hicks ?
            I've read all the books books. Listened to every audio.
            Rhonda Byrne apparently stole 'The Secret' from their teachings.

Comment

Yep, ol' Abe and co. have some interesting perspectives.

I also hear the secret is based on a book from around 1900 ish called 'The science of getting rich'. Another interesting read which you can find free to download online. I've become a big fan of anything by Napoleon Hill.

Looks to me like all borrowed these concepts from Buddha and Yoga teachings going back thousands of years. The science is now supporting such concepts. e.g. Dr. Bruce Lipton's work. Dr. Joe Dispenza has some interesting vids on you tube too.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
              X