Going to quit again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to quit again

Hi all.. Decided must quit again and this time wanna do it right. 11 weeks before including through Christmas and new year.

I can't handle the hangovers anymore now, also was just drinking for the sake of it. I'm sure my liver is a little inflamed but can't be certain.

Really feel like I want to do it this time.

Aiming for final drinks on Sunday 11th July as there is a couple of things I want to do, including experiencing what it feels like to drink and examine the feeling. Actually think am I really enjoying this while I'm doing it,, really..

Couple of birthday parties to attend and football to watch I shall look into myself.

Finally I know someone I used to drink with quit on that date 2 years ago and it would be cool to have the same date.

I think I can do this.

Re: Going to quit again

Good on you Kev.

You don't give up, so you will find the way that works best for you. Take care of yourself until Freedom Day.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
      Good on you Kev.

You don't give up, so you will find the way that works best for you. Take care of yourself until Freedom Day.
      Thanku. Xx

Comment

Great news, Kev!!!
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
          Great news, Kev!!!
          Ok so was at this party and my uncle had pretty much a garage full of booze...even had its own built in fridge. There was bottles of presecco with ice buckets plus as spirits. He spent the whole time having fun but making sure everyone had a topped up glass or can at all times.

Table to table and outside tent, "hey son, want some more,, top up.. Here's ice... Etc.. It's like the more alcohol the more fun there is. A few people were confessing they had a bad hangover from yesterday but uncke says,, c Mon best cure is more beer,, ah OK.

Alcohol really is a party drug for some people... Can also tell these people love it at weekends or whenever they can...

How on earth are we to save society 😭

Comment

Agree Kev. Many folk are lost in the cycle of alleged fun times, where really, the fact is we are slowly poisoning ourselves to death, and worse, taking around 15-20 years off our life span.

What can i do to save society? lol. Well, I can live my best life and lead quietly and humbly by example. I can't tell others how to live. take care bro.
            Last edited by Guitarista; June 26, 2021, 09:03 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
              Agree Kev. Many folk are lost in the cycle of alleged fun times, where really, the fact is we are slowly poisoning ourselves to death, and worse, taking around 15-20 years off our life span.

What can i do to save society? lol. Well, I can live my best life and lead quietly and humbly by example. I can't tell others how to live. take care bro.
              Target date still in sights.

Comment

already planning some great things to do when I quit. nice weather so can go walking for a lot longer. Can use money saved to take punts on stock market or buy more bonds or even a few extra lotto tickets.. The money was earmarked for a bar anyway.

Won't be buying fizzy juice in the house as it's what I use for hangovers, only time I really drink fizzy juice is hangovers. Apart from that I only use it for occational treat or picnic.
                Coffee is much better for you.

Comment

I am glad that your setting up a date. This gives you a chance to prepare yourself. The first quit that I did that stuck was for 7 years and I used my 1st graduation from college (went for 2 degrees so had 2 graduations) party to say goodbye to Alcohol and it helped. I was going to do it again for this quit but I decided that I was done drinking sooner then what I was going to do.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

today is was to be day 1 but it's actually day 2 since didn't drink yesterday.

gonna be a great new life

Comment

Great work brother. Keep it rolling no matter what no matter who.

Comment

thank you.

I simply cannot handle the hangovers anymore. Spent about 90 mins in my shower yesterday just sitting down, had the biggest load of junk food ever after I got out.

It's no way to live is it.

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
                          thank you.

I simply cannot handle the hangovers anymore. Spent about 90 mins in my shower yesterday just sitting down, had the biggest load of junk food ever after I got out.

It's no way to live is it.
                          No, it isn't Kev!! And besides the drinking, the junk food will mess you up as well. So glad you have decided to stop again. You did so well last time. Good, healthy food with a few treats tossed in will help you feel much better, faster. Best of luck. You CAN do it!
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

It’s no way to live at all, Kev. You are proving to yourself that you are indeed poisoning yourself.
                            I had to prove that to myself too.
                            Last edited by Slo; July 14, 2021, 06:32 AM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

sorry to report had about 6 drinks last night. not really excessive as was over a time frame and had food before it etc.. but yeah. Still 10 days sober was better than none.

I don't think i'll ever quit to be honest. I enjoy the nights out too much. Don't think this forum is for me so I might stop torturing myself on here. :-)

I wish everyone else well in their quit whatever stage they are at. x

Comment

Working...
                              X