Army July 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army July 2021

Pinch punch for the first of the month, white rabbits etc...........................

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Army July 2021

Originally posted by brit View Post
    New bathroom starts today. Never done anything by myself like this before. Really missing Mr A this morning. Too many decisions.

So glad to wake up with a clear head each morning it always pleases me even in my misery
    Ahhh sweetheart, :hug: Having workmen in the house sends me into a spin in normal circumstances let alone what you've been through this past year. You are an inspiration.

Just checked no fruit pastels stuck in my hair.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].........so sorry about the house situation. Having nothing better to do I went googling apparently moving house is more stressful than divorce or having a new baby.........which is probably why we've lived in the same house for the last 34 years.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]........birthday wishes duly passed on. We tend to stretch our birthday treats for at least a week.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Plumbers been and gone!
        All seems ok so far today

Comment

Happy July, Army!!!
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Happy July everyone. Wasn’t awake this morning and posted in the June thread. Thanks for starting us off JC.
            Last edited by rustop59; July 1, 2021, 01:27 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].........having had a bucket full of birthdays in June I was glad to see the back of it and my purse is sighing with relief. just Pa in Law's this month. He'll prolly want some tome that nobody's heard of and a big box of shortbread.
              [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]........excellent news about the plumber. We've tracked down Arthur/Keith and he's coming next week to give us a quote for the plastering next Thursday.
              [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].......Happy July to you too.

I'll say good night now been a bit out of sorts all day as I found Mikey with a dead bird in his mouth............I know he hadn't killed it so where it had come from is anyone's guess......makes me think someone had thrown it over the back fence but who would do that?.....but its made me feel nauseous all day.
              Last edited by JackieClaire; July 1, 2021, 02:48 PM.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Happy July everyone. My mom had a Heart attack on Sunday it was mild and she is now home recovering but I did not drink. Did not even desire it even when I knew that I could drink and would get away with it. But I knew that drinking would make things worse and mom needed help more then drinking will solve. She would be dissapointed in me and I would be dissapointed. Staying sober helped so much and I kept my guard up and I still have it up.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Well done Alison. Times like these are the biggest test and you passed! The best to your Mum for her recovery.

How exciting to be getting a new bathroom [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. Focus on how lovely and fresh it will all feel when complete.

I often find small spiders in my hair after garden sessions JC. Twigs, leaves. Provide the habitat, and they will move in!!

Hope you are all having a great day. I love that rabbit piccie.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

I often find small spiders in my hair after garden sessions JC. Twigs, leaves. Provide the habitat, and they will move in!!
                    Pics?

Great job Drifty. Wishing your mum a full and speedy recovery.

Have a rippa July friends.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning all.
                      Despite my wanting to stay on an even keel - the pace of 'the wedding' has picked up.
                      Everything is in place but people keep asking "how are the wedding plans''? "all set" ? - it drives me mad !!
                      a) I am not getting married
                      b) Shut up

Sorry I'm cranky. But YS is drinking again.
                      Called here yesterday to collect his golf clubs to 'play with friends'. I didn't even see him but MrS was so angry ..... said he was pissed and tried to stop him going. He grabbed him by the scruff of the collar :egad: to stop him making a fool of himself (& us I suppose).
                      So he won't be going to the wedding I suppose.
                      Then a call from DD all drama ....... Jesus.

We were 44 years married yesterday July 1st.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer .........
                      Off to the workhouse :llama:

Comment

Morning and waves to undies,
                        [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION]........lovely to see you and wishing your mum a speedy recovery.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........anniversary congrats on 44 years.
                        Sweetheart, you're not a Debbie Downer you tell it as it is. Alcoholism is a very selfish disease or is it a condition? and YS just shows how much.
                        Mr. S sounds like Mr. JC............he very rarely loses his temper but when he does its scary.
                        [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]........I now have a picture of you as Worsel Gummidge in my mind.

Molls, we're missing you are you okay or even just okayish?
                        Last edited by JackieClaire; July 2, 2021, 05:10 AM.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Happy Anniversary [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. I hope things sort out for you. Blessings x
                          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Afternoon everyone. Happy anniversary Satz, vent away, that’s what we are here for. Glad your Mom is ok Drifty and well done on not drinking.

Her with my SIL and just climbed a mountain. Stopped at a food truck on way back that did all seafood. Mussels, lobster etc. Only took cash and we only had enough cash with us to buy one portion but there was plenty in it and it was delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              Morning all.

Sorry I'm cranky. But YS is drinking again.
                              Called here yesterday to collect his golf clubs to 'play with friends'. I didn't even see him but MrS was so angry ..... said he was pissed and tried to stop him going. He grabbed him by the scruff of the collar :egad: to stop him making a fool of himself (& us I suppose).
                              Oy vey Benjy -- you sound stressed -- in your defence - to me a wedding must be one of the most stressful times in a family -- I truly dread them but smell one on the horizon so sort of remotely sympathise with you.... YS --- oh lord -- which is worse -- him appearing drunk at the house or MrS 'over reacting'? Men are scary when they lose it -- like Jackie says -- it happens rarely here too - but when it does - it is sort of frightening really -- it escalates everything to a level it needn't go to imo... apologies to lovely calm men -- I'm just married to one 99% of the time -- which I suspect you are too Benjy - but the other 1% -- not easy.... I would recommend a wee bit of mindfulness and/or meditation -- and a close observance of the Serenity prayer -- works wonders for me xxx
                              Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Molls, we're missing you are you okay or even just okayish?
                              I'm okay -- ish -- I've had nothing to say -- life is just revolving around the fact that Joe is in pretty extreme pain almost all the time -- so what's to talk about? He's going for his MRI scan on Monday morning so I s'pose we'll know more then -- can't see anything past it tbh so no point in talking here --- cue mindfulness and/or meditation and the Serenity Prayer I s'pose ;-) Thanks for asking -- all will be well I hope -- all this muttering about Delta variants are also rather gloomy -- we are 2-3 weeks behind you lot in UK so as your Covid figures are pretty scary I guess it's on it's way here as well -- at least we are all vaccinated --- it's nearly like that doesn't make any difference tho... ???

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post

Her with my SIL and just climbed a mountain. Stopped at a food truck on way back that did all seafood. Mussels, lobster etc. Only took cash and we only had enough cash with us to buy one portion but there was plenty in it and it was delicious.
                              Sounds lovely Rusters -- both the mountain and the seafood! Enjoy the rest of your break - we're just back from a bbq up in Simon's -- smashing grub so full as an egg -- feet up and going to watch Italy v Belgium and then off to bed...

Howdy all else -- oh Drifty -- well done and hope your mum is okay -- super when we get through those bad times without succumbing --- makes us so much stronger -- and deffo better not getting a house you weren't sure of Techie -- been there done that -- on the brink and pulled back -- often breathe a sigh of relief at potential mistakes we could have made
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                              X