11th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11th July

afternoon all ..hope we are good ...home now .took just under 3 hours not a bad run ,so thats me home ..garden looks well ..pick up the rabbits tomorrow ..the grass needs munching down .Football final is on tonight England and Italy ..sit down with my pizza to watch it ...big shout to all
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 11th July

Good evening friends,

Welcome home Mick
    Sounds like your trip was darn near perfect, good for you! I can send you a few chickens to help with the grass munching haha!!!

PQ, I’m wondering if your boss & program coordinator are actually that incompetent or are they trying to get you aggravated enough to leave your job. I’ve never heard of people running a business being that ridiculously stupid
    Take care of yourself first & foremost. Never let them steal your weekend after you’ve worked so hard!!!!
    We have heatwave #4 starting today & going until next Saturday, ugh. I DO NOT LIKE THIS HOT WEATHER.

Cyn, thinking about you with much love :hug;
    Hope things are a bit better today for you.

Hellos going out to Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a good evening everyone. I’m working on a 2 pillow order for a friend & staying cool inside.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hello everyone ..hope we are all ok...just found out my next door neighbours have got covid ..they have had it apparently all last week when we were away .and today the prime minister announced the lifting of the lockdown measures ..wearing masks pubs full capacity ,theatres clubs football matches .
      went to pick the rabbits up ...they are moulting ..a right pair of tramps !!! and its pouring with rain too ...
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings everyone - wherever you are

Mick, how sad about your neighbors. I wonder where they caught the virus at this point. I wouldn’t go maskless just yet. If I see a crowd of people I either turn around or at least pull the mask out. Can’t be too careful these days. I hope they’re going to be OK! I actually didn’t know rabbits had a period of moulting. My chickens sure do & they look like idiots running around with half of their feathers missing haha.
        Thundered all afternoon but not a drop of rain. My son lives 7 miles north & said they had a big storm, weird.

Nothing much going on here, just trying to stay out of this excessive heat. The feel like temp was 102 this afternoon, yuck.
        I hope everyone is OK & just busy. Stop by & said hello you guys!

Have a nice night all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...good time to be away with your neighbour testing positive for covid, hope they are doing ok. Yup, heard the announcement and it almost sounds like "you're on your own". I bet the peskies look a mess, too bad you just can't leave them there till they're done molting. Could you send the rain this way please.

Lav...these rainless thunderstorms are weird aren't they. Hot here but not like your temps. Been hiding out at home and dealing with the opening of tennis lessons today with all the duh questions from the prog coord. I have no sympathy, perhaps she should actually stick around to make sure the launch is ready.

Keeping my head down and staying put while waiting for my 2nd vaccine. I sure hope the stampede doesn't cause us all grief. Have a good night all...:smie:PPQP

Comment

finally just sat down ...you couldnt make this lot up ..was at thevan this morning and I noticed that the waste water drain tap was cracked..trying to fix it as you do I snapped it .Its a special pipe fitting but smarty here thought he could fix it on the cheap ..so off to screwfix for the bits ..On the way up ..got a puncture ..went to change the wheel ...the wheelbrace is rounded off inside ...had to call the AA they cme and fixe it onward we go ..got the bits ..couldnt fix it ..the thread is internally tapered ..(thought you would like that bit ..)ordered parts from a company in Kent ..went to get puncture repaired ...no chance ..tyre shredded ..£88 later.got home looked under van to make sure pipe I ordered was right size ...cut forehead on metal bracket underneath ..
            apart from that ....the sun is shining ..

hiya ppqp ...you look after you ..forget the boss and his silly sidekick you are more important..are they still going ahead with the stampede?I think all nations are doing the same thing ...herd immunity with the responsibility on you the problem is it is also others responsibilities too.at this moment over here we are caught up in all this racial stuff after the football.,the inadequacy of a pm who said not 2 weeks ago ..we will open with the data not the date ...he has done a 180 on that big time .and an increase of 30000 plus daily positives .

hiya Lav ..hows you then still got the heatwave?next door reckon they caught it in the pub the other night ..they run one as part of a sports centre .I was going to go and look out my trains today but time has run away!!

hiya teegee hope all is well?stay +

right folks as per me ..short n sweet

Comment

Hey friends,

Just in case you were wondering - it’s still hot as h*ll here today. Last evening’s rain did nothing to help the situation. No relief in sight until maybe Sunday, ugh.
              Did a quick run to Walmart & the grocery store but staying inside is my goal, haha.

PQ, I forgot about the stampede. I hope it doesn’t stir up a big batch of germs for you guys.
              The sky opened up around 9 pm last evening after a whole afternoon of thunder & lightning. Hope your foot is improving. Can you keep it elevated while you’re working on your laptop? I finish up my week of Amoxicillin tomorrow for my gum infection, it’s really helped a lot. I’m almost normal - whatever that is haha!!

Mick, sounds like we need to tape you to a chair again for self-preservation. I hope your head is OK.
              Staying out of pubs sounds like a smart idea until this virus is squashed. Hope your neighbors are doing OK.

I made something different for dinner tonight. A light tomato tart, no heavy cheese or olive oil - was really good & we ate just about the whole thing haha:
              Cheesy Puff Pastry Tomato Tart - Connoisseurus Veg

Cyn, hello to you & I hope you are OK :hug:

Pauly, I’m hearing on teh news that there’s been a big increase in Covid cases in Vegas. Hope yuo are staying healthy.

Hello to Det, working hard I imagine

Sam & Pie - hello!

Have a good evening everyone.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello dear friends... have I been away for several days? Honestly, i couldn't tell you... with a tiny team running a sizeable festival, 100 % time seems like it is needed to get it all together. I am tired. It is really hot here, and no air conditioning where I am... Normaly it would never be needed, but nothing is "normal anymore...

Lav, have beenconcerned about those big storms for you... hoping that you are coping and the "girls " are okay. Best of luck... nice to hear what you have been cooking! So glad to hear the tooth problem is getting better...

Mick, hope the bunnies are gettting their nice new coats back! I look forward to hearing about Whitby... sounds interesting! So very glad that you are able to get out and about... but I guess protection is in order... stay safe!

PPQ, sounds like things have been rocky at work... you stay the course, maybe someday they'll let you run it successfully! Take care, hoping the foot is better.

Det, busy as always? Hoping all is going well -

Pauly, sending love --
                Hello to all visiting - wishing you well...
                Last edited by treegirl; July 13, 2021, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Happy Humpday ABerooooskies!

Mick, I'd love to see your expression riding those awesome little trains

oh my, yes just blazing around like a networking fool. I had a presentation before a packed room yesterday and I was a bit nervous as I haven't presented like that in some years now, but I fell right into it and engaged so very
                  well that it was an awesome experience. The crowd was laughing, engaged etc. whew! and i got some new business out of it, including with a best-selling author. wow!

Lav, tomato tart sounds fab! it's hot here too but super low humidity which I'm grateful for. Pauly, how's Vegas?

PPQ, I've had bosses like yours and you have my full empathy/sympathy and hugs xxxxxxxxx!

Tree, you sound like you're giving more than your all. Getting any downtime?

Off to a condo shoot in a minute here, then a networking event, then taking girly to group therapy (so glad she's going)

then, home to process images and i spose i better figure out something for dinner!

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all how are we today hen? hope all is well...today so far ...no incidents /accidents..waiting for the waste tap to turn up to fit .lovely day over here again.the rabbits are out cutting the grass ..there is a fair chunk of it .
                    hiya teegee how are you ? tired but working hard?look after yourself too ..

hiya Lav how are you then today? all good I hope ..yep no askidents for me today....and thats not even got a yet .Im feeling tired ,never slept last night you take care ..

hiya ppqp ..how are you?you got some you time to yourself?how is the foot ?

pauly ...where are you ?

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...OMG, sounds like you had the Tuesday from hell. Glad to hear there's no incidents /accidents so far today. You watch those Peskies don't overeat. The foot still swells up by the end of the day but it looks like the infection is going away. I'm off to the Doc in a few minutes for yet another checkup on it. Yup, they went ahead with the Stampede however it's a scaled down version. It's all about the politics. You won't see me down there.

Lav...we're joining you with the heat wave again except ours is supposed to last well into next week. I've been on anti biotics for 14 days now and don't think I'm finished. I believe you just can't keep taking them. We'll see what the Doc says.

TG...I feel sorry that you're so overworked. When is the festival? Wish you didn't have to deal with the heat on top of everything.

Det...well done on your presentation. I hate public speaking/presentations but it sounds like you nailed it. And new business with a best-selling author, pat yourself on the back.

Got to get myself out the door. Hope everyone has a great day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey friends,

Hazy, hot & humid ~ as usual. Grateful my hair is cut so short or I’d be wearing an afro style, seriously.
                        Accompanied the spouse to his 3 month dermatology check. No new melanoma but he did had an odd little growth removed from his eyelid, ugh. I swear the older we get the more weird things get.

Cyn, sorry about the heat out there, I know it’s unusual for that area. Hope you found a good oscillating fan at least. Sounds like yuo need more hands on deck to get everything ready for the festival. Please spare a little time to take care of yourself :hug:

Det, wow you are working your way right to the top - good for you
                        I am not a public speaker in any way shape or form so I applaud you! Keep up the great work & be proud of your accomplishments!

PQ, I hope you got some good news about your foot. People can be on antibiotics for quite a long time. Wonder if you would have benefited by having some infusions at the beginning of whatever is going on.
                        They are still saying a cold front is arriving Sunday to break up this heat mass. I sure hope so anyway.

Mick, congrats on an accident free day, Lol. I’m thinking maybe you should carry a First Aid backpack wherever you go - just in case.
                        We have so many young bunnies hopping around our property this summer it’s crazy. And they’re driving the dog cfrazy because she can’t go after them, haha.

Pauly, hope everything is OK with you.

Hello to Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night everyone!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all... posting befor e the last of the night so I don't "poop out".

Lav, how are you in all the storms? So bizarre, as of course we could use all your rain out west... hope all is well...

Mick, so glad that there are no more "wounds", And of course glad that the peskies are moving the grass... happy planning for the next vacay..

Pauly, your friends here miss you so much.. don't worry about your state of mind or anything else, just
                          say hello... our connection is based on humanity, not anything else...

Det, so glad to hear how you are doing, thx so much! Good luck with all... and wonderful thT girlie is in a group, terrific. Best of luck landing the jobs... soon you will be known as the Go To Guy!

Sending all love and comfort...

Comment

Hello and how are we today than? Hope everyone is OK Another a really hot day over here today And success ive fixed the waste water drain tap on the Van in fact it looks better than the original. No incidents or accidents today thank goodness there isn't too much of my body left that hasn't got a scar on it! The garden is looking well at the back it looks like an English country garden with plants dotted all over the place randomly I would love to see that I had created it on purpose but that wouldn't be quite true I checked plants in here there and everywhere and move them to suit

Hiya ppqp how are you today then? How is the foot hope it is better. So it is a scaled-down version of the stampede is it? I don't know how they will manage to do that at full stop you take care and look after yourself

Hiya teegee How are you today than? Hope everything is OK with you. Yes another accident free day today I'm getting good at this! The next location is already plans, we are actually working on next year's. Julie is somewhere around next June and July That will be either Cornwall or Scotland Dependent on the weather and also the midges! How are things with you? Make sure you are looking after yourself

Hiya lav How are you today then ? Hope things are OK over your way.. Yes I have got a growth on my nose to Called reading glasses....... Strange Youmention taking a first aid kit as a packWhen I am out walking I have a first aid kit in my backpackI could carry a major surgery with everything that's in thereJulie thinks I'm MadThe way I look at it any one can rough itOr be on comfortable. Rabbits are not eating at the moment They are lying in the shade. Take care and look after yourself

Hello Pauly It seems ages since we last spoke to you hope things are going OK as TG says it's about helping each other keeping in touch Not the Spanish Inquisition or A venue to take people apart It is about helping irrespective of what the problem Is. No matter what Itis you take care

Hiya det how Are things with you? Hope everything is going well Take care mate

Right forks that's me look up yourselves keep safe sober and sane

Comment

MAE ALL...starting week 3 of anti biotics and need to schedule another ultra sound, just to verify the original no blood clot diagnosis...the foot sage continues

Lav...I think if I'd actually gone in and had it looked at when it first started swelling I would have been better off. I tend to put it off and wait and see. Have had many lectures from my Doc and I think this time it may stick. The positive outcome is the pharmacy has pfizer so I'm heading out shortly for my second jab. Going to postpone my biologic injection for 5 days anyways because of the anti biotics.

TG...I hope you're able to get some down time, it's important.

Mick...it's another scorcher over here again today and we're blanketed in smoke from the BC fires. Once I get my shot I'm staying put indoors. Well done on fixing the waste water drain tap accident free. I always think of an English country garden when I see your yard. I don't care how safe they say they are at the Stampede you couldn't pay me to attend.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good day all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X