18th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18th July

hello all howare we today then? hope all is well with you all .another hot day here today...went into the field earlier ,and cut all the nettles down .looks better .Rabbits are outbasking in the shade of the outside hutch ...I emptied it yesterday to give them a bit of shelter...they went in and came straight back out ..not interested .I bought a sunflower for the garden ..had one in there every year ...couldnt let this be different.We are taking Julies car with us when we go on Friday ,it runs for miles on a cupful of juice ,so it gives us the ability to get out and about..so I drive up in the van she follow in the car ..I have 2 walkie talkies I suggested we use .Had to show her what to do ...its like a cross between smokey and the bandit and calling down a fire mission ...there is future method in my madness ..

hiya Lav how are you then? hope all is well 6 spots of rain more than me .glad the ivy wasnt the cause ..oh I saw this ...

101299524_3624663144213549_5531077480997191680_n.jpg

hiya ppqp ...and teegee ...hope you are both ok?decent weekend?

stay safe take care ...

116263933_3795538390459356_6952027173560267146_n.jpg

pictures of a straw headed fools wedding ...the other one is worzel gummidge

192233991_4722000784479774_5243851502465675143_n.jpg

I got a book at the charity shop titled ‘A Guide to Surgical Procedures’.
    I opened it up
    and the appendix was missing.

Can't wait for the rule changes tomorrow..

I've at least 14 unnecessary car journeys planned.

Government Advice
    Be sure to get jabbed so that your friend who has been jabbed won't catch the virus they were jabbed to be protected from.

I ordered some items from Wish last year and they still haven't arrived.

They should change their name to You Wish.

28 degrees here
    I'm sweating like Boris with a four piece Jigsaw puzzle.

Paddy called in to see Murphy and found him in the garden with a blazing brazier, he was throwing all sorts of household rubbish in, the walls of the brazier were glowing cherry pink and there was a plume of black smoke and sparks rising into the sky and falling as smuts on the neighbours' washing.

"Jeez Morph, what're you doing?" Murphy retorted "Oi'm saving der planet Paddy, we've all got to do our bit dese days." Paddy replied "Saving der fecking planet?! How d'ye figure?" Murphy explained "Well Paddy, if I just left it all out fer the bin men they'd only put it all in a landfill!"
    Last edited by Mick; July 18, 2021, 09:55 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 18th July

Good evening folks,

Well we did get a big dump of rain last evening & it has helped break up the heat - at least for now!
    Daughter & granddaughter came for lunch & a visit. I embroidered names on 2 work jackets she brought over while they were here. Nice visit

Mick, I found one of my goofy chickens walking on the top of the fence this afternoon. We keep one wing clipped on the chickens so they cannot fly up there but she managed to do so anyway, ugh.
    We used to use Motorola push to talk phones 20 years ago, come in handy sometimes

Hellos to Cyn & PQ! Hope you are both well.
    Det, how’s the nonstop work going?

Actually sitting on the deck watching a couple of hummingbirds attack the feeders. Funny little birds, haha!
    Hello to everyone & wishing a nice night for all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all, back from my quick CA visit... and just as I was returning to the Lake area, getting off of I80, I noticed a huge covering of smoke... and sure enough, within an hour it had sunk into the lake bowl... dense foggy smoke, with ash as well. Let's hope they get this recent big fire that is NE of us under control soon... otherwise, not sure how we'll have our concert season.

Had a nice (very quick) visit w/ my SD... she was glad to see me, and i was happy not to have to go to a hotel for once... but still miss my buddies fiercely; had a lot of tears on this trip.

Lav, so good to hear that it wasn't PI! Hopefully GD will heal quickly... so you have a crazy chicken... thinking it might be cooler on top of the fence... ��

Mick, where are you off to next? I like the Walkie-talkie routine. Hope the sunflower does well... I just drove by a huge field of them yesterday... beautiful. Say hi to the peskies for me.

PPQ, how are you? Did you get some time off? Hope so.

Det, I'll have to find you on FB... don't do much IG these days... my screen time time is reserved only for work!

Hello to Pauly and all others stopping by...

Stay safe -

Comment

hiya all ...how are we then today? all good I hope ..another hot day over here .well tis is "freedom day" as they call it here ...as from today you dont have to wear masks ..everything opens up as per before covid ...crazy.I went to the shops this morning and tbh most of the folk in the shops were still wearing masks .Did you see the story yesterday ...

one rule for one ...bloody scandalous ..he is no better that the others he forced to resign.

Boris Johnson pinged after contact with Covid-positive Sajid Javid | The Independent

hiya teegee ...how are you then ? before forget..the peskies say hello .....yes I guess things are still raw and teary for you....
        as I said hot hot today so not doing too much..went for a walk up a hill earlier ,it was pretty hot you take your time ..you have had a lot to deal with ..

hiya ppqp..hows you ? hope all is well with your foot. Are you at work today? take it easy ..

hiya Lav ...hows you then ...all good ..yep Ive used motorola and kenwood radios withptt facilities in the past ..and also even older ones with no ptt facility.so you got the rain? that mean we will be next!glad you saw family ..what colour are the humming birds?

hello everyone else ...hope things are good for you

thats all folks ...
        Last edited by Mick; July 19, 2021, 10:10 AM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Not bad today, no rain & not killer hot for a change. Temps are supposed to remain under 90 all week - we’ll see!

Cyn, glad you had a good visit with SD. Tears are OK sometimes, can be healing :hug:
          Sorry to hear the smoke from the fires is so close. Still wishing I could push some of this moisture out your way. Honestly, I’m starting to have nightmares about global warming. Just listening to the news anymore is stressful. I always have at least one goofy chicken in my flock with Houdini like moves, haha! I have no idea how she manages to do what she does, crazy!!

Mick, I’ll gladly send some rain your way too. Our summers have been hot & way too damp for a number of years.
          I think maybe BJ has lost the plot if you know what i mean, he’s a hot mess, so glad he’s yours LOL
          We get a few different kind of hummingbirds here, some just ugly brown, some with a green head & some with red on the front. I like them all, I’m not choosey.

PQ, how’s the foot & everything else?

Det, hello to you, stop by when you can.

Hello to Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a good night all.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,

Well, the smoke which was thick and smelly last night got moved out by some good stiff breezes today. We were hoping for rain, but nothing... just drydry dry. But thankfully no dry lightening, that is the scariest. I am a half- block up from the water, so last night I made up my "kit", and a bag of the really important things that would be hard to replace. Made a backup of my ageing computer and have that too. 2 phones, which I am keeping charged up. So, if I have to run down to the water, I will just have to pick up those 2 backpacks and go. Nothing is close to us right now, but I figure that this is the best time to get my packs together...

The closest fire to us (166,000 acres, from whence the smoke came) is now 88% contained, so that is a good sign... just keeping fingers crossed for the next 4 weeks, if we can just make it through that, we will finish the festival and not have so many worries...

How is everyone? Mick, I am surprised everything is getting opened up, with the Delta variant so strong in the U.K... but people are getting anxious. I was glad you said that most people still wear masks. So smart... though fairly effective, the vaccines are not 100% effective against the variants... stay well!

Lav, unless you have kids in your life it is easy to forget that time is passing... I loved the pics of the kids in the little pool, such innocence... well, life is different now! I know you love them at any age...

I decided to wrote earlier in the day... but now I must go back to more computer work! Oh well! One way or the other...

Take care all!

Comment

Mae everybody, thought I'd pop in to say hi,so hi sorry for me going missing but I'm going through stressy times and just didn't want to have one more thing to "do" especially when I have nothing to talk about,I do love you all and thanks for not forgetting about me Mick,everytime I see Boris he reminds me of a frazzled guy who rolled outta bed and got dressed just to go on TV haha,dumb to open up all crazily with numbers so high,Lav,sounds like everything is good except the heat in your area,this is the worst temp year everywhere I think! Cyn,glad the smoke has cleared some, I never quit wearing my mask,probably will always keep it cuz people stink haha,they get right up in your face now and I don't like that,PQ,seems like things are OK with you,how's the boys? Det,I like the cool pics you've been posting,when I commented on your futuristic makeup one my hubs was like "who the hell is that??" I said one of my anti-alcohol friends get outta here you don't understand our wackiness! Anyhoo off to get ready to do something, think I have a telemed doc appointment but I can't remember if it's this week or next(hope next I hate talking to her) much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today? Hope everyone is well .today is yet another scorching hot day, like yesterday it is supposed to break this weekend just in time for us going away! Hope everyone is doing well , we had the freedom day yesterday And already this Has had its name changed already no longer freedom day but the day that people got notice they must produce covid passports to say they are negative to get into nightclubs etc ..BJ is a d.ck ...he also said that the nhs aren't stretched..the very same nurses that saved his life .He also said that he cant close the economy down because of some 80 year olds dying .certainly showing his true colours ..

hiya pauly nice to see you ...hope all is getting sorted out...you belong here ..hence you aint forgottten .hope it sll works out for you at the doctors .

hiya teegee hows you then? sounds like you are prepped up in case it goes pearshaped...Id be like you ...kit ready to go ...yes they opened up again here Ive a feeling we will close down again ...just get my hols in first .You stay safe ...

hiya ppqp ..how you then ? all well?

hiya Lav ...hope all is well with you...happily take some off that rain of your hands ..I understand about the news ...after being force fed the end is nigh for the last 15months or show ..its hard to be mr smiley.....yep the straw haired one has lost it .....

hope everyone else is doing ok .

218710347_10220311627724271_8267424260961635857_n.jpg

187172633_4674243259255527_3464682415714383766_n.jpg

173945094_4581937075152813_3396561495676070457_n.jpg
                Last edited by Mick; July 20, 2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Good evening all,

We actually have poor air quality alerts up - due to the smoke from the fires in the west!!! It’s hazy & smells smoky outside & we’ve been getting red sunrises & sunsets. Hard to believe it but the jet stream has carried those burned particles all the way across the country. Can’t stay outside too long because your eyes burn, geez.
                  Rain is promised for tomorrow afternoon which should clear all this yuck out of here.

Cyn, my oldest grandson at 12 1/2 is taller than me & the two younger ones are nearing my height & I am not a short person, haha! Frightening how fast they grow!
                  I’m glad you are situated so close to the water & have an escape plan just in case. Hopefully these fires end real soon & everyone stays safe. You take care :hug:

Pauly, there you are!! Glad you dropped in to let us know you are OK. I hope things ease up for you soon, change is inevitable & when we accept that we are helping ourselves, honestly.
                  Good idea about the continued mask wearing, we’re not done with the pandemic yet unfortunately. Stay well!

Mick, I guess I feel sorry for the Canadians now after seeing the rear view of Mt Rushmore, Lol. I actually just heard a news story about Mt Rushmore possibly being on the list for possible removal since it sits on stolen land. Can’t blame the Native Americans for feeling that way. Now I’m wondering if the jet stream can carry this smoky air all the way over to you. Is that even possible??
                  I will send any rain that shows up tomorrow.

PQ. We haven’t heard from you for a few days, hope you are OK. Drop in when you can.

Det, busy as usual I’m sure.

Hello to Sam & Pie & anyone else looking in tonight.
                  Have a nice night all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for not posting the last couple of days, just seems to be one thing after another. We have been socked in with smoke but woke to rain this morning. Finally I could breath again. Although the boss is on holidays the program coordinator has kept me hopping! Cancelling tennis lessons due to smoke, rescheduling health check emails, can't figure out how to disarm the alarm so texts me at 7am to disable it remotely. On top of that payroll software update crashed the system so had to reinstall everything. Foot is still swelling but I can tell something has changed, it's no longer red. Check up again tomorrow. I am planning on going into the office in the morning to sort a few other things out. Hopefully will get the rest of the fires put out (figuratively speaking) and will be able to relax again. Sorry this post was all about me but will soon be able to keep up with everyone.

Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all lovelies,,,

Good to know allis fairlynwell with all... I just quit working on a project for the festival, so I am
                      TOAST!

Pauly, thank you so much for checking in... I love to hear any stories that you share, good or not good... that is
                      why we are here...

Wishing all good weather and happiness... those 2 things seem like they are in short supply, but honestly, it is all I care about...
                      Cheers,
                      Tree

Comment

Hiya all how are we then? Hope we are all good..very hot again. Cut the grass so that will be me sneezing. Getting things sorted out for going away.rabbits off to rabbitsville tomorrow.
                        Hiya lav how you today? Hope all is good... How's the air quality with you .no reason why the weather you have won't get here.. make it next week I'm not here.

Hiya ppqp glad you are well..you need to look after yourself make sure that foot gets rested

Hiy Pauly how are you ? Are things OK now?I hope so you take care

Hiya teegee how's you today..hope all is well .I will hopefully send some pics next week. We are going on a puffin tour..see them nesting in the cliffs you take care.

A big hello to everyone else

Comment

Good evening friends,

We had a storm move through so the air should be clearer now. More on the way later possibly.
                          Keeping myself busy with this & that, nothing too serious, haha!

PQ, glad you checked in. Sorry you are dealing with so much extra work while still not feeling 100%. I hope your doc visit was helpful today. Take care of yourself please :hug:

Cyn, good weather & happiness is what we all seek I believe. We have to do whatever we have to do to make things right. I hope your festival work eases up a bit so you can find the peace you deserve :hug:

Mick, Looking forward to the puffin pics, sounds like a great trip you have planned. Hope you get nice weather for that!

Hello to Det, I see. You’re still playing with knives haha!!

Hello Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, just a quick hello and wishing us all a great day!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

I am finally off the anti biotics but the foot/ankle still continues to swell so must be diligent in keeping it elevated. Back into the office this morning, really need to get all the boxes unpacked so I can get down to work again.

Lav...we seem to have a break in the smoke for the moment but it can change on a dime. They've issued a Provincial BC Emergency Alert, the fires are out of control. We continue to remain hot but not into the high 80's. Are you ready for your August Craft Fair?

Mick...and you're off again. Isn't it great to be able to get out there. Glad everything seems to be event free for you and that the Peskies are healthy. Enjoy your trip and I'll watch for the pics.

Pauly...hi to you this morning too.

TG...every time I'm feeling a little overwhelmed I think of you. LOL When is the festival? Hope the project is over soon and that you can have some time to yourself.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X