X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25th July

Hello friends,

It’s Sunday & time for a fresh thread
    Just had a big thunderstorm & now the sun is back. Sounds like a familiar story around here. Got my daisy bed cut back this morning, the blooms had all faded so it was time. I baked up a pasta dish with ground turkey for an easy dinner & now I sit, haha!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Re: 25th July

MAE ALL...

Lav...thanks for starting up this weeks thread. Sounds like all is good in Lav land. Been puttzing today and thankfully didn't hear from the prog coord so her lessons are done and she's off on vaca. I wish we'd get a big thunderstorm, break up some of this heavy air. I'm into work tomorrow, holding down the fort since nobody else will be there. LOL We've had some more vandalism in the garden, stealing potting out plants! Come on, veggies I could understand.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Wow, we ended up having 2” of rain yesterday & we didn’t need all that. Still hot & humid today so I don’t know what the point was. I just heard the smoky air is on the way back too, yuck.
      Our raspberries are coming in nicely so I made a cobbler this afternoon, yum.

PQ, I hope you had a lovely day with no one else in the office today, Lol It doesn’t get much better than that.
      Sorry to hear the thieves are back in the garden.

I see Mick has started another thread so I’ll go say Hi to him.
      Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...we could sure use some rain here. It's hot, heavy and smoky! Yuck. I just feel drained. Everything is an effort. I did get a bit of work done but am still sorting out the office. It's hard to work with a mess all around you. I was definitely more productive working from home. LOL I hope your smoky air moves out quickly.

Mick...I'll respond to you on this thread. Thanks for the pics they are just super. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day. Hope your eyes are better, it just amazes me at some of the spots I don't even think of applying sunscreen.

Made a tuna casserole when I got home and it's beeping at me to take it out of the oven, so must go.
        Shout out to everyone else.
        Have a great night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, got confused by two threads haha,well 2 is better than none! hope we all have a wonderful day
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening greetings friends,

Still hot & humid after all that rain, whatever!
            Meeting friends for lunch tomorrow, looking forward to that. Apparently the deer decided to snack on my strawberry plants overnight. The berries are long gone so they chewed off the tops of the plants, haha!!

PQ, the extreme weather really takes all your energy, don’t you think? I got out this morning for a haircut & came straight home. No desire to go anywhere else or stay outside.
            Hopefully today was more productive for you at work. I’m dreaming about cool & clear air & I bet you are as well.

Pauly, I started this thread so I’m staying on it LOL

Mick, what’s up? I’ll have to go check you thread

Hello to Det & Cyn, hope you are both well.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...it's been awhile since we had 2 threads started, sure we can all figure it out. LOL How are things? Are you sweltering down there? Hoping that life is just being life and no drama going on. We're always thinking of you.

Lav...so do you think they could smell the strawberries and were trying to find them? Isn't it great to be meeting up with friends for lunch? I'm not there yet, still have a week to go for my 2nd dose to be fully effective. Our covid cases are rising in Calgary, it was to be expected, but so far they're not attributing any of it the Stampede. Apparently they sent 71 positive people home out of 500,000. Gotta say that's not bad. Had a very productive day at work, ignored the mess and got it done. Tomorrow I'm ready to start tackling the sorting again and then call it a day. LOL We've had a bit of reprieve with the weather and smoke but it's heading back on Thursday so will be hibernating again.

Mick...got the two threads sorted out? LOL You must be heading back soon.

TG...thinking of you and hoping you're being good to yourself well dealing with your workload.

Det...hoping you're swamped with work, ecommerce learning, meetings and enjoying time with your besties.

Sam...haven't heard from you for a bit. Busy time for you?

Pi...it would sure be nice if you to dropped in. Don't need a life novel but a "I'm ok" would be nice. :hug:

Ready to shut this extended appendage down and relax. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all,

Thanks for being patient with me... it's the way it will be for these next weeks... the musicians have arrived, I created over one hundred bag of goodies for the incoming orchestra Board and donors. Now only dozens and dozens of notes to be written before the Weekend performances
                , plus orchestra coffee, soloist travels, etc...

Lav, the decor story was funny. The berry cobbler sounds delicious! How is you BP?

PPQ, glad to hear you were knockong off work and elevating you foot... good luck!

Pauly, so nice to hear from you ... how's things? Is it smoky down there? We had total smoke here for weeks, the. 2 monsoons, then Blue sky today!!! Miraculous!

Mick, hoping all is well with you vacay... the pics were tremendous. Take care and enjoy!

Hello to all, Det - hope work is picking up...

Sending lots of support and energy... please know that I am thinking of you even when I can't post... will be back asap!
                ❤️

Comment

hiya all ..how are we then? ok I hope..didnt have a lot of time yesterday hence no post ...got home then had to go and pick the rabbits up then get car ready for its mot test thismorning at the garage ...dont know if you have the same thing .Back to the rain ..pouring down .then Ive got to check the van battery make sure its charging properly.
                  Glad you enjoyed the pics ,...hope we are all well.massive thunderstorms.

Spot the deliberate mistake in the design of these sainsbury kids jammies

1e9a515f-c40c-47d6-9604-49e2309a46d7.jpg
                  Last edited by Mick; July 28, 2021, 10:44 AM.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Mick - NO to those kids jammies, LOL
                    Welcome back home, sounds like yuo have a lot on your plate to keep you busy & out of trouble. We have severe storms (with tornado potential) moving in tomorrow (Thursday). Oh boy!!

Cyn, sounds like you’re doing the work of a whole team of people, wow! Hope you are taking some breaks to catch your breath.
                    The raspberry cobbler was good & it’s almost gone already. Last night’s BP was 155/80 - much improved for an evening reading for me lately. I hope it continues until I see the Cardiologist in September. I’m still not used to this low heart rate of 50 something, geez.

PQ, the strawberries have been done for weeks so I don’t know what triggered the deer. It just seemed strange, they’ve never bothered them before.
                    It was nice getting out with my old friends today. You really miss seeing real people after all this time, haha! The vaccination rates around here are pretty good compared to other areas. I know there’s a big spike of Covid cases down in DC where my son works unfortunately, not sure about their vaccine rates. It shouldn’t be so hard to convince people to go get a free shot to save their lives & others.

Hello to Det & Pauly. How hot is it out west?

Hello to Sam & Pie, check in please.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Ahoy ho ABeroooodles near and far!

I'm so very tardy as always. I'll sit in the corner while I finish this....

Holy snotburgers Batman! I got 4 shoots booked today. whew! they are spread out over the next couple weeks but it's an awesome sign and I'm pretty well chuffed as
                      our Mick might say.

Otherwise, just blazing away with live and online networking and all that jazz. Still cooking every day of course. Made an uncharacteristically conventional meal of burgers tonight,
                      but of course had to add a side of grilled sweet potatoes, and another of broccoli/mushroom pasta (gluten free). I'm so stuffed! moink.

been getting to the gym again which is so good for my brain and body. Darlene really encourages me to go which is very sweet.

Treegirl, that sounds like a fun project with the musicians! and perhaps a bit hectic.

Lav, too much rain? boy we could use a bunch. it's pretty scary here with draught conditions ongoing. We did get an electrical storm recently so there's
                      some groovy weather we're sharing.

Pauly! so good to see you. Hows my ol' crazy-town doing?

PPQ, thanks for the well-wishes...they are working!

ok, I'm told I have to pay attention to a netflix show.... ack!

be well loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiyaall ...well here we are back to normal ...pouring down with rain .it was heavy duty thunder and lightning yesterday and during the night ...so far the grass hasnt flooded .how is everyone doing today then?see as from next week Britain is accepting folk from anywhere in yoorup and the yoosa if they are double jabbed.still stick to my own plan .got to go to the shops ..when the rain stops ...its not rain as we know it ..its battering down ...

a big shout to everyone
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...OMG, sure wish Lav and I could pop over and help you. We could make goodie bags! After this, no committing to another festival for awhile. You need some you time.

Mick...glad you're home safe and sound. You had a busy day yesterday and had to deal with it all during the storm. Seems like the new grass had a workout last night and no flooding, all that hard work paid off. Sorry, I won't be able to pop over next week, Britain is not accepting folk from Canada! I'm ready for a big rain thunder storm, it's so dense with smoke out there it looks like it's 11pm. Spending no time outside!

Lav...hope you don't mind I volunteered our services to Cyn. LOL Glad you had a good time with your friends yesterday, it's certainly one of the things I've missed during Covid. Our vaccine rates are pretty good here too, don't know why Britain won't let us in. LOL The Provincial Government in it's wisdom has announced that as of Aug 16th any and all restrictions are gone. No masks anywhere including kids going back to school in the fall, no quarantines if you test positive for Covid, no contact tracing, nothing. They have decided to now treat it as an endemic like the seasonal flu. Of course they announced this on the same day they announced a rise in covid cases and positivity rates. I believe our Premiere wants to tout his horn about being the first for everything. OMG

Det...so good to hear from you, I know how time can get away from you. Congrats on the 4 shoots and you should be well chuffed! Glad to hear you're also making time for yourself.

Had an incident at work yesterday with a homeless man who hung around the community centre all day, mostly sleeping on the cement by our little free library. He showed up around 9:30am and made himself comfortable surrounding himself with his backpack, several shaving kit size bags, lots of books, etc. He then disappeared around 2pm and left all his stuff there. We had our Farm Stand at 3pm and I got several people coming to the door to tell me about all the stuff. Upon further investigation there was also drug paraphernalia, what looked like lock picks, several sets of keys and more. Did not open any of the kits or the backpack. Phoned the police for advice and they figured they should come pick it up. So by the time I got home, late last night, I was exhausted and just settled in with my book. No sign of him today looking for his stuff, probably doesn't remember where he left everything. LOL So I left early today to have some me time.

Shout out to Sam, Pauly and Pi. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Watching the news on TV, there’s tornadoes in the surrounding counties, oh boy. All we had was a light shower earlier & now the sun is trying to reappear. Can’t wait for summer to be over, honestly.

Det, congrats on all the new work coming in, yay!! We figured you’ve been busy.
                            Glad everything is going well for you. YB just harvested a ton of garlic, OMG! Now we need to find takers for it because there’s no way we can use it all, haha!!

Mick, I have more weather coming this way & will send it over to you since I can’t send it to Det
                            Glad your yard is flood-less too!!!

PQ, we really could be good helpers for our friend TG (Cyn). I really wish we could help!
                            I don’t think any of our governments are making real solid decisions right now. They seem to be bending to all the crying & whining of people. Decisions should be made in accordance with evidence based science only. I will continue to so what feels safe for me.
                            I pity the homeless but so many of them are drug addicted & will steal to afford their addictions. Calling the police is one thing but finding somewhere to put them is another. Not enough shelters open to handle all of them. Sad, really. Glad to hear you are looking out for yourself

Hello to Pauly, Cyn, Sam & Pie.

Have a decent night all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Popping in just to say a quick hello...

Thanks so much for thinking of me, I am so grateful,that you are all "there"... really so grateful.

Det, congrats, I knew it would break open at some point -- you so deserve it! Mick, welcome back home, and hoping that the rains ease for you. Lav, the same thing, so sorry you are having this difficuktnweather over and over. PPQ, thanks for all the good wishes. Bags done and distributed, glad that's over with! So sorry to hear about the homeless person... I agree with Lav, there seems to be no thoughts about any solutions... hope your foot is getting better. Pauly, hello - hope all is well.

Hello to any dropping by... I'll be "underground" over this weekend, so wishing you all well now...

Comment

Working...
                              X