This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 oggist

hiya all how are we then? hope all is well ..a new month begins the door closes on the old one..its been a bit of a mixed month .no rain here today ,rabbits are out playing and the garden is doing great ..I have nasturtiums

growing like mad ,really fill the garden .

hiya ppqp ...thats it ..stick to your own rules ..safest way .If you feel safe then you are doing right .

hiya Lav ta for the sunshine ...there are some real thoughtless neds about...fireworks and hosses dont mix ...hope you have a good weekend .

hiya pauly how are you today? hope all is good with you ...you stay safe too .

teegee yoohoo ..hows you then? all good I hope .....how did the concert go ?

Mum and Dad did not let me listen to classical or jazz music as a kid.

Too much sax and violins, apparently.

What's the quickest way to tarnish glitter?

Show the cops his hard drive.

Why do Germans believe in procrastinating?

Because a stitch in time saves nein.

When I manage a troupe of Eastern European acrobats...

they're going to be called "Czechs and Balances", it's the only logical choice.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 1 oggist

Hola Mick and the crew. Happy August.

All's ok here. Take it easy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Greetings friends,

Rained earlier but now the sun is out, nice & cool too
      I made such a good pot of turkey chili today (at YB’s request) that I actually can’t eat any. Way too spicy for me even though I only used half of the hot pepper the recipe called for haha! He can have the whole pot to himself & I’ll eat leftovers, Lol

Thanks for the new month start up Mick. That’s a real Interesting take on the spelling of August, must be Scottish or something
      Glad you had a rain free day to play outside with the rabbits.

Hi G, always good to see you stop by!

Cyn, I hope the music festival is going well after all your hard work.

PQ, our temp only went up to 72 today. I thought we were suddenly thrust into the next season, haha!
      I hope your weekend has been good.

Pauly & Det - how’s things on the western front?

Sam & Pie, hello to you.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, just popping in to wish us all a good start of the week
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya all ...how are we then ? ok I hope ..a lovely day over here today.didnt say anything but since Friday up till this morning I felt rubbish ..headache feeling sick aching etc .ordered a covid test ...di it this morning ....negative thank goodness .and yes I feel good today .watched Mr Fox sneaking along the side of the fence this morning and the rabbits wereout ...eek ..there was no drama .first flights flew in from usa this morning 0610 am ..no need to isolate if they have had 2 jabs .they start giving us boosters as from the end of this month

hiya pauly hope all is well with you today ....have a good one .

hi Lav ...turkey chilli...,,nice .I used to be able to eat hot stuff like that but not now ,yes thats the spelling according to the ancient me tribe..you take care n have a good one .

hiya teegee hows it all going? hope all is well and you are making a concerted effort to enjoy yourself ...

hiya ppqp ...hows things with you today? hope all is good with you ....how are the gardens doing ?

hey Mr G nice to see you over here on the fred ...hope all is well my friend ..take care ..

right good people have a lovely day .
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...woke up to rain this morning and thought of you. Just one of those light summer sprinkles though, nothing like you've been getting. Glad you're feeling better and that the test was negative. I think it's going to be awhile before people don't automatically think Covid when they don't feel well. Haven't heard about Mr. Fox for awhile, glad there was no drama. Didn't realize they're giving boosters, Canada is still saying no. Much to my surprise the gardens seem to have survived the deadly heat and they all look like they're thriving.

G-Man...good to hear from you and glad all is OK on your end.

Lav...can hardly wait till next season. LOL I love the fall but the last couple of years seems we've gone from Summer straight into Winter. Hopefully this year will be different. I've had a very quiet weekend hiding from the heat and then realized late yesterday that it was a holiday today LOL. Now I'm totally screwed up on what day it is. Must remember to go to work tomorrow and the boss and coworker won't be there. Slowly getting my office put back together and the building supervisor will be back to help put up everything on the walls.

Pauly...hope you have a good week. Not sure if you're back to work full time, still doing your deliveries or looking for something new to do.

Shout out to Det, TG, Sam & Pi. Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Another nice day here, feels comfortable out but the heat will return, it always does. My sunflowers seem to think summer is over, another plant fell over this morning. These plants are 10-12 feet tall so when they fall you know it, Lol. I put together a huge veggie & pasta dish today that will feed us the rest of the week - cook once eat many times, haha!

Pauly, hello to you & I hope you have a great week!

Mick, always a good idea to keep an eye out for the predators. We are still amazed at the way the chickens tore up the hawk last week - they obviously worked as a team. I know just one of my buff orpingtons outweighs a hawk any day. Glad the rabbits are safe

PQ, I wish we could organize the weather better so we actually have all 4 seasons again. I think we have messed up the planet too much
              What holiday are you having? We don’t have one today, as far as I know haha! Don’t forget to go to work tomorrow!

Hello to Cyn, Det, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all...how are we today then ?hope everyone is good .lovely sunny day out there again today .Rabbits are good they are on the grass .. Ive heard 2 planes today come over both big uns.both American..one in from Atlanta and one New York...long time since Ive heard them .Hopefully this will be the way for things to get back to some normalcy.though it will be a good while before we go abroad ..we have def taken to this motorhome game .

hiya ppqp hows you then? no rain this morning for us ....yes they are giving us boosters ...we had the astrazeneca jabs so they are talking about giving us the pfizer ..apparently the mix works extremely effectively .yes rabbits are ok ..hows the gardens doing? takecare

hiya Lav hows you then ?hope all is well.yes Ive watched the magpies chase the foxes ..they gang up on it ..My mum used to cook like that ...a massive pot of broth on a sunday ...you could stand a spoon up in .by the end of the week its had so much water in it ,it had to be helped out of the pan.

hiya teegee how are you doing?hope allis well.

pauly yoo hoo ..

good chance Im going out metal detecting this weekend ..last time I was out was Feb 2020

take care all and be safe

A couple was having trouble conceiving a child. They went to the doctor and he told them that the problem was one of insufficient penetration.

He told the man to do it doggie fashion.

The man said, "What is that"?

The doctor replied, "Just watch the dogs, and do like they do".

The man said, "My wife is very shy, and she won't do that".

The doctor replied, "Give her a cocktail or two, and she will lose her inhibitions".

A year later while walking in the Mall, the doctor met the man pushing a baby carriage. "I see it worked!" the doctor said.

"Yes it did Doc, but the problem is... my wife is now an alcoholic"!

"How did that happen"? the doctor asked.

"Well, every time we got ready to do it, it'd take seven or eight drinks just to get her out to the front yard".

A man decides to join the circus. He shows up to demonstrate his skills to the impresario.

"I have the most unusual act," he announces. "I'm sure it will amaze you."

He proceeds to climb a tall tower, and jumps off. He flaps his arms wildly, and finally his fall slows. He soars forward, then swoops upward, turns and swoops back again. Finally he stops in mid air and gently lowers himself to the ground.

The impresario stares blankly at him for a long time. Finally he says, "Is that all you've got? Bird imitations?"

Comment

Greetings friends,

Still on the coolish side - nice
                  Just when you get used to this the heatwave will return, as always haha!

Mick, I’m sitting outside now & have noticed several helicopters flying over. I think they are military out of an army base in Maryland not too far away. President Biden was supposed to be in Greenville, DE today so they’re probably searching the perimeter. Glad you’re getting some American visitors but I don’t know how long that will last as our Delta #s are going up daily unfortunately. If the a$$holes would just get themselves vaccinated this would stop. Glad you had a nice day too!

Hello to Cyn, PQ, Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie. I hope everyone is doing well & staying safe.

Have a good night all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...yesterday's holiday was called Heritage Day. Not all businesses celebrate it but Alberta decided we workers should have a paid stat day off during the summer. Remembered to go to work today but man was it ever hot and humid, wow! Got the rest of the office sorted out, at least I felt like I'd accomplished something. Then the building super and I decided to call it a day and left just after lunch. LOL Heat wave here again until the weekend, really looking forward to the cool down.

Mick...same advice over here with AZ as first dose and Pfizer as second. Both mine were Pfizer so I'm happy about that. I really am starting to wonder what "normalcy" will be. LOL It will be a good while before I cross provinces let alone go abroad. LOL Sounds like all's good in Mick world.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all how are wetoday then .lovely day again over here ..rabbits are out cutting the grass ..Just been upp the loft getting stiuff sorted out for the charity shop ...the amount of stuff is unreal ..I can easily fill a car .one mans trash another mans treasure .

hiya Lav how are we today then ..whats your weather like .they have just announced that all16 years old can get vaccinated ..the writing is on the wall...as from later this month I think it is ...to get into clubs pubs etc you must show proof of double jabbing .how is it going over there?funnily enough all the conspiracy theorists have left

hiya ppqo....hows you then?all good ,so Alberta supports the Hairytash day?whats it like back at work?stay safe an take care

hiya pauly and teegee you ok?

be good kidz takecare

Comment

Greetings friends,

Still nice out, loving this weather. I had a return visit to the Endodontist today for another treatment on that tooth he saved. He was happy with the way it looks & the infection is long gone, yay! I get to go back to my regular dentist in a few weeks for a permanent filling. So much work to save a tooth but I’m not ready to go toothless yet, haha.

PQ, Heritage Day sounds interesting, we should have one here too. I’d love to see Election Day become a federal holiday so everyone could go vote without skipping out on work or whatever.
                        A half day at work sounds pretty good to me, LOL.

Mick, the weather folks are still counting the number of tornadoes that touched down in our area last week. They’re up to 9 now & reporting one of them was 5 football fields wide - GEEZ! This is stuff we are definitely not used to around here.
                        Glad your day was nice & the bunnies are keeping up with the yard work!!! We have an organization called Purple Heart that picks up our donations of clothes & household stuff & turns it into cash for veterans organizations. It’s time for me to schedule a pickup & get this place cleared out.

Hello to Cyn & Pauly & Det, hope all are well.
                        Hi Sam & Pie.

I hope everyone has a nice night!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I don't really consider myself back to work yet. It's just me, the builder super and one childcare director. We hardly ever see each other and none of us put in a full day. LOL Next week the boss and prog coord is back. I have a couple of questions for the boss to finish off some projects and then I'm going to take my vacation days. May not get all 15 in at once but plan on at lest 12 in a row, let them do their own work. I hear you about the amount of "stuff", it seems to grow on it's own. I'll be sorting out/throwing out a pile of it while I'm off.

Lav...yes, whatever powers that be who decided we should all have a stat holiday during the summer was brilliant. I'm getting organized for the fall which included printing off some calendars and noticed Sep 30th came up as a holiday. We have the 1st Monday of September off for Labour Day but Sep 30th was a new one for me. After checking it out the Federal Government announced Sep 30th would be a national day for truth and reconciliation holiday. It was passed on Aug 3rd so I'm sure the boss isn't aware of it yet. LOL By law employers have to give people time off work to vote. If they made it a federal holiday nobody would stick around. LOL Glad to hear the tooth is improving, what an ordeal. Went out to water the garden today and one of the sunflowers has bloomed! 1 out of 12 LOL and yours are already done. Am I going to be able to collect those seeds to eat?

TG...hoping the festival was a huge success but I don't think you're done yet, right?

Det...figure you're busy as ever and looking out for yourself as well.

Sam...thinking of you hearing about all the ranchers who don't have feed and are having a hard time finding it.

Pauly...hoping everything is same old, same old and you're doing ok.

Time to relax and get dinner started. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, yep same old same old PQ haha that's OK no news is good news these days big hugs to the gang and wishes for a great BF Thursday!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we then? goodI hope .ok ok ..who sent me rain then?its lashing it down..not very nice but the garden is happy .we arenow up to 7 boxes of someone elses treasure to go to the charity shop tomorrow .

hiya ppqp how are you today then?all good I hope...so the rest of the gang are back next week are they?too right you have your holidays you deserve them .

hiya pauly how are you then all good I hope .have a great day

hiya Lav hows you then? All good I hope...so you arent at the dribbly mince and jelly stage yet then?excellent..respect to you for the vets charity ..I give mine to either teenage cancer or the RSPCA..thats some heavy duty weather floating about out there ..you take

hiya teegee hope it all going out there.thinking of you ..

take care all

Comment

Working...
                              X