Baclofen advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen advice please

Hi, I'm new to here and its my first post.

I'm currently week 7 on baclofen and up to 180mg but its not having any effect on my drinking yet (1-2 bottles wine a night and couple beers) getting worried its not going to work for me. Should I keep going, has anyone else had similar experience and will it suddenly start helping my drinking?

Thanks very much

Re: Baclofen advice please

Hi [MENTION=24676]pepsimax[/MENTION] and welcome!

Baclofen affects everyone differently. Some people become completely indifferent to alcohol at less than 100 mgs/day, and others have to go up to 300 mgs/day or more to reach it. I have run across a few people on these forums who were unable to reach indifference through baclofen even at very high doses. I am surprised you aren't having any effect at that dosage, though. If you aren't having too many side effects you can continue to titrate up gradually.

Baclofen pairs very well with antabuse, if you are able to get an antabuse script. Some people find that they can reach indifference more easily when they aren't actively drinking.

There's also naltrexone. Many people who didn't have success with baclofen found great relief with the Sinclair method.

Comment

Re: Baclofen advice please

Thanks [MENTION=2134]Serenity[/MENTION] for your reply.

I do think I'm having some response to it but I still have a drink every night and carry on doing so.

I have found the side effects pretty bad, mainly horrendous tiredness, I've been on 180mg for about a week as dreading going up.

Reading on the Australian doctors website she said for some people it can happen all at once so I'm hoping that will be me.

I was hoping someone else may have had an experience like me.

Yes I've seen the sinclar method its looks good, that's how I found out about baclofen.

I will look into antabuse, thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X