Friday August 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday August 6

I’m starting a new thread because someone ‘closed’ the August 1 thread. Not sure how or why that happened.

Everything is just fine with me, not much new going on

PQ, you better take your vacation time or I’ll come up there & kick someone’s a$$, LOL
    I hated when I worked full time & wasn’t allowed to take my vacation time. An extra paycheck doesn’t really cut it if you know what I mean.

Mick, glad you made it home safely! The ‘turn around don’t drown’ quote we hear from our weather forecasters makes good sense. Our heatwave is back so we will probably end up getting some thunderstorms over the next few days.

Det, glad you are keeping busy & things are moving along in a positive way.
    Coming up with meal ideas drives me plain old crazy anymore. That’s half the reason I’m making more & more vegan dishes ~ something different. Tonight I baked a vegan tomato tart with cashew ‘ricotta’, yummy.

Hello to Cyn who I know is super busy right now.

Hello Pauly, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is well.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Re: Friday August 6

MAE ALL...

Lav...wow, isn't that interesting. I know that other than the Administrators, the Thread Starter can close it...Mick, did you inadvertently do something? Maybe they didn't like the title? I didn't see anything offensive in any of the posts. Oh well, just another one of those life mysteries. Was talking to a couple of coworkers that were actually in today and they said the same thing, take your time off and to hell with them. LOL Will go in on Monday, ask the boss my questions and then tell him that as of Wednesday, I'm off till Sep 1st. Will let you know how that goes. LOL

Det...I am going to totally tune out from work. I have signed up for some mental health workshops including smoking cessation. Going to spend my time working on me. I may not know the "satori moment" but I do believe I know what that epiphany felt like. So happy for you. I've been experimenting in the kitchen and when I cooked up some purple beans from the garden they turned green. Who knew!

Mick...oh no, I remember your sunburned eyelids. Didn't realize you were still suffering, glad you got it sorted out. Sorry about the treatment ordeal. I'm proud of you for resisting the dutch babies and saving your marriage. LOL Just so you know I added water and my kids yelled at me.

The smoke covering my part of the city was extreme today. The worst it's been, could even smell it in the community centre. Hope the forecasted rain for Sunday comes through. Thinking of the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...not guilty I did nuffink..I put the post on then added some jokes..and that was it ..If I have done something then apologies .but I cant see how .getting my detector charged up theres a chance we will be going detecting tomorrow.

Ppqp....good for you ...look after yourself .thats a definite ....you dont get thanked for pulling your tripe out .Your health is more important than anything so its important you do look after it.and yep Igot the 3rd degree about the rabbits ...

hiya Lav hows you then? good I hope .yes got home eventually but it was a real pain Like you ,I used to prefer my time off as opposed to a few quid more that the tax man would dip into .It took me a long time to realise that you work to live and not vice versa !hope you have a good weekend

hiya everyone else ...hope you are well..Pie Sam ,even Shue !wherever you are !!

have a great weekend
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Cloudy today but not too awfully hot, yay!
        I ended up with my grandsons here because their mother is visiting relatives out of state & their dad was called into work. I think this is the 2nd time they’ve been here this summer which is crazy considering they live 7 miles away, haha! The oldest has turned into a night owl & sits up all night playing online games. He was dragged out of bed, dropped off here around 2 pm, fell back asleep & slept thru dinner. I have to take him home at some point to feed all their animals - if I can wake him LOL

PQ, there was nothing offensive on the other thread so it remains a mystery.
        I’m glad you’re making plans to take your time off & do something nice for you!!! That’s awesome

Mick, sorry about the eyelid situation, sounds painful. I swear the older we get the weirder things get. Hope it heals up quickly!
        I have a feeling we will soon be back in some sort of lockdown here with the positivity case #s being so high. They are comparing current caseloads with those of last winter
        Why don’t people stop f’ing around & just get the vaccines?
        I see Shue often on FB, looks like she’s doing well.

Hello to Cyn, Pauly & Det! Hello to Sam & Pie too.

Have a nice night all. I’’m going to try to wake this kid again so he can go home & feed his animals.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hiya all..just thought we could keep this Fred going..started out metal detecting this morning but the weather was that bad we had to turn back, and it hasn't stopped yet. The field out the back is flooding, but no great shake in the garden,it's doing well.Eyes seem to be improving though vision is a bit blurry .I just want to keep my eyes shut.its more irritating and annoying rather than painful now. Hope we are all doing well..does anyone need any water?we are away on Thursday..hope it clears up for that take care everyone and stay safe

231294382_4471228129594946_4365639062962636804_n.jpg

222973141_4444758615575231_6048667495497317386_n.jpg
          Last edited by Mick; August 8, 2021, 01:40 PM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Sunny & warm again, sorry Mick, haha!!
            I returned the younger grandson to his owner by lunchtime so now I’m just picking up the crumbs he always leaves behind.

Mick, your detecting day was ruined, sorry about that. Hope the eyes heal up very soon. Where are you heading on Thursday?
            It’ s been another no vacation summer for me but that’s fine. I have plenty of wildlife around here to keep me entertained. I have an appointment Tuesday I think with my NP to check on my BP. Still not textbook perfect but better & not scary high. I guess if I had continued with my bad habits (drinking & smoking) I could very well not even be here. So I’ll just keep trying to improve the #s.

Hello to Cyn, PQ, Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...sorry to hear you had to cancel the detecting, weather everywhere is just crazy. Glad the garden is holding up. Hope your eyes clear up soon, that's so annoying.

Lav...glad your BP is not scary high. It's been overcast all day and is just starting to spit out there. Wish we'd get an old fashioned thunderstorm. Feeling a little out of sorts today, not sure why.

Shout out to the rest of the gang....have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all how are we today then?hope all well ...not raining here ..yet today though it does look pretty dark ,so its on the way I think .Eyes are moving into the irritating stage now as opposed to sore.More like blurred with that sand in your eyes feeling .hope they are better for thursday.

hiya ppqp ...how are you then?are you feeling any better today? hope so . a good old thunderstorm.I ll have a word with the big fella .take care and have a nice day.

hello pauly hope all is well with you .

hiya Lav ,hows you then?glad the bp isnt at the iffy level .Ive had another appt to go and get my bloods done so Ill do it when I get back from jolliday .We are going to LLanberis in welsh wales again ..this is a booking that was put on hold when the covid started .had to put my hibiscus outside again ..loads of whitefly ..take care and have a good day .

hiya teegee you well? Is the concert getting closer to its finale..take care ..

big shout to everyone else ...

A husband and wife were having dinner at a very fine restaurant when this absolutely stunning young woman comes over to their table, gives the husband a big kiss, says she'll see him later and walks away. His wife glares at him and says, "Who the hell was that?" "Oh," replies the husband, "she's my mistress." "Well, that's the last straw," says the wife. "I've had enough, I want a divorce." "I can understand that," replies her husband, "but remember, if we get a divorce it will mean no more shopping trips to Paris, no more wintering in Barbados, no more summers in Tuscany, no more Infinities and Lexuses in the garage and no more yacht club. But the decision is yours." Just then, a mutual friend enters the restaurant with a gorgeous babe on his arm. "Who's that woman with Jim? " asks the wife. "That's his mistress," says her husband. "Ours is prettier," she replies.
                Last edited by Mick; August 9, 2021, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Wishing us all a happy booze free day! waves to all!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings friends,

If you want to know a possible reason I have high blood pressure - this could be responsible:

AF7F0262-4F25-4067-B504-48C8BE5C7E3B.jpg

I thought we were done with these things for the summer ~ guess not. YB wasn’t home at the time so I just left it alone. By the timE he got home the snake & 2 of the 3 eggs were gone, haha!! I guess it will be back tomorrow looking for more, LOL

PQ, hello to you & I hope you’re `feeling OK today. I am going to see my NP tomorrow & see what she wants to do with my meds at this point. Take it easy!

Mick, no rain here either although my daughter just said they had a lot today, go figure. I hope your eyes are healing as fast as possible.

Pauly, hello to you as well.

Hello to Det, Sam & Pie.

Feel like temps this week going to 105, yuck. I’m ready for the next season.
                    Wishing everyone` a nice night.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...sorry your eyes are at the irritating/sandy stage and I hope that means they're getting better. Do everything you're supposed to be doing so you're good to go on Thursday. The out of sorts feeling lifted but I've been dragging and feeling exhausted all day. Probably because of the crappy sleep I had last night. Looking forward to curling up with my book, just got to force myself not to do it too early.

Lav...OMG, I saw that on Facebook and you wouldn't catch me trying to deal with it either. I would be paranoid as to where it went! You be careful out there. Feeling better, thanks. My foot and ankle continues to swell so that's been a drag. When I have my first counselling session next week I'm going to talk about my poor eating habits and try to figure out a more nutritious diet. Good luck with your NP tomorrow, hope she can figure something out for you. We're in for cooler weather tomorrow, 65F, but will be up to 94F for the weekend. I'm not used to this sh*t. Wasn't able to book my holidays today as the boss never showed up. I will be talking to him tomorrow and hopefully start holidays on Wednesday.

Pauly...glad you're checking in with us. Hope all is good.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

I just read the new thread, and it's so good to know how all is going for you dear peeps. I am alive, but completely exhausted... just 6 more days of craziness, and then hopefully things will calm down. Very emotional to hear all the music without my dear man conducting it, but that's the way it is. Folks are very kind to me, and I have a lot of support. I just want it to be over, and it will be soon.

Cheers to all, and I look forward to being back soon... wishing all well and healthy, take care!

Comment

hiya all how are we then? really sunny here today ..the climate is absolutely carzy ..all over the world from floods to fires quakes and anything else ..We have got fire bobbies from Liverpool fighting flames in Greece now ..it strikes me that Europe and the other continents should instead of fighting and scoring points off each other .We should have an emergency disaster team on a multi national basis ...it aint going to get better and guess what squabble as much as we want it aint going to go away .
                          Got a phone call this morning from the company that provides carers for Julies dad ...one of their staff that attends to him has comeback as covid pos..Fortunately they are all ppe d up when they go but we are getting him tested anyway .

hiya Lav ...jeez thats some snake ..like you I think id have left it with the eggs!!!!skeery looking thing .have you had any rain?hope you get on ok with your meds today .

hiya teegee hows you then? you sound worn out but nearly done ..keep smiling andstay positive ..it must be difficult I understand .we are here for you .

hiya pauly you ok? have a good one

hiya ppqp ..how are you doing ? hope all is well with you .Eyes are still giving me gyp ,but not stinging any more ..just blurred ..hope all is well with you ..

hello everyone else ..hope we are doing good .

Comment

Howdy friends,

Well I am now being told to increase one of my BP meds by taking an extra half tablet at dinner time, so that’s what I’m going to do. Got a Pneumovax today just for the hell of it, haha!!
                            No snake sightings today but then again we were out most of the day. I have to head out there now to close up before it rains - we’re getting severe storm warnings.

PQ, I thought people would appreciate the snake pic on FB, Lol. Certainly is a good conversation starter
                            Sorryto hear your foot is still swelling. I know you said you didn’t like the compression stocking but maybe just an ace wrap would help. I am consuming mostly plant based these days. I cook meat for YB to use as a side dish for himself. Watching salt & sugar intake is helpful as well. I try to keep it at 80% alkaline foods (veggies, fruits) 20% acidic foods (meats, grains, beans) for optimal bone health. Not always easy or even possible but that’s the goal. Good luck.

Cyn, I’m sure you must be feeling exhausted physically & emotionally at this point. Glad to hear you’re getting som support too. Take good care :hug:

Mick, that was one of the bigger snakes, probably 5 feet long, ugh. I will never get over being shocked when I see one.
                            I hope your healing continues & your vision clears for your trip Thursday.

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...thanks for popping in, we've all been thinking of you. Very tough time for you, so glad you've got good support. 6 days to go, we'll be counting down with you. Hang in there. :hug:

Mick...it was really overcast and cool here today. Apparently we're on the wrong side of the jet stream. LOL That'll change tomorrow and then bang we're right back to the heat wave. Apparently they're predicting the heat for BC well into October. Looks like it's going to take the winter snows to put out all the fires. You are exactly right, it ain't going to get better or go away. Sorry you have to go through the hassle of getting Julie's Dad tested but it sounds like he'll be fine. Glad your eyes are improving. Boss showed up to work today and I was able to talk to him. As of Thursday I'm off on vacation till Sep 1st. :yay:

Lav...hope the med adjustment works. Picked up my biologic last week only to find out that my pharmacy is closing. New owners of the mall and major renovations going on. I've been assured that all my prescriptions will be transferred to sister pharmacy still close to me. With all my meds being on auto refill I was nervous till I talked to the new pharmacist and I was quite pleased with him. Stress disappeared. LOL I picked up an ace wrap today and I'm sure the prog coord will tell me I've done it all wrong. She has background in sports medicine so I'm sure she'll set me straight. LOL

Thinking of everyone else. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X