The Match by Mark Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Match by Mark Frost

As an avid golfer I found this book fascinating!
    You must remember that "professional" golfers were thought of as "lay-abouts," inveterate gamblers in the old days. It wasn't even thought of as a profession until after Arnie, Jack and Gary brought it to prominence in the 60's. Before that you'd never want your daughter to EVER be associated with a golfer! Golf was a hobby for the rich but also loved by the average Joe. I began playing as a young corporate manager. I friendly remember my boss and me ditching a business to attend the US Open playoff between Fuzzy Zoller & Greg Norman. It was Winged Foot in 1984. The President of the company saw us on TV. We thought we were getting fired when we were both summoned to Corporate Headquarters in Basking Ridge, NJ. After giving us a serious scolding, he laughed and said, “why the hell did you invite me along!” He has become a good friend and a regular golfing partner whenever I get to Dallas, TX where he retired to. Life is as wondrous as the game of golf itself. BTW, I have a 9:40 tee time this morning!
    Last edited by techie; August 13, 2021, 09:03 AM.
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”
Working...
X