Sunday 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday 15th

Hiya all how are we then hope all is good. Really foggy and then rain..back still sore but not as bad though have to keep walking around as it stiffens up. Back home tomorrow..then van in for servicing and test on Wednesday.
    Hope everyone has had a good weekend
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Sunday 15th

Good evening friends,

Improving weather here, finally!
    I am so ready for the next season, haha!!

Mick, good that your back is easing up a bit, sounds like you have a way to go. I hope your trip home tomorrow is comfortable enough.

Haven’t been anywhere to do anything this weekend. Keeping fingers crossed that my daughter’s & her family’s covid long tests are negative. They’re all feeling fine.
    My son & his family drove down to the Outer Banks of North Carolina yesterday for a week at the beach. I hope they have fun & none of these storms make their way there this week.

Hello to Cyn, PQ, Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...so sorry to hear about your back. Glad you were able to get some relief. I have had great success with my foot/ankle by keeping active. I've also been hiding out indoors as it's been 95F here and blanketed in smoke! They're calling for rain Monday night and Tuesday's high is only 50F. Crazy! You take it easy and safe travels home tomorrow.

Lav...I haven't been anywhere this weekend either. I'm glad your daughter and her family are feeling fine. Whew! I hope your san and his family have a good time. Weather has been so crazy everywhere and now I'll pay attention to North Carolina weather on the news. Bring on the next season, I'll take -22F over 95F any day. I have noticed a huge improvement in my foot/ankle. What are your thoughts on the revitive circulation boosters I keep seeing on TV/Facebook? I'm really tempted.

Pauly...how's the weather in Vegas? Have you got any fires causing smoke down there?

Shout out to Det, Sam, TG and Pi...hoping no news is good news. :thumbsup:

Gotta say I'm so glad I'm not going into work any time soon. LOL Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hi all how are we then? ok I hope ..well thats us back home ,and tbh it was a real pain literally driving home. Managed to get a physio appointment tonight ,the biggest thing causing the pain is the compensatory movement when Im walking .so Im having a real early night tonight .Typical ...now we are home the sun has come out!got to collect the peskies in the morning ...take care yall xx
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Overcast here but cooler today. Rain for the rest of the week or so the forecast says.
          Not much new going on & that’s OK.

PQ, my daughter said they let her back in work today so that’s good I guess. I’m watching the track of tropical storm Fred. Looks like it’s going to hit between Florida & New Orleans & travel pretty much straight up, inland so the folks on the coast will get a break this time. I’ve seen those ads for the circulation boosters. You can probably actually get the same effect by doing foot pumps when you’re sitting in front of the TV, eating, etc. Flex your foot up & extend it down like a stretch. We taught patients to do that postop to avoid developing blood clots in the lower legs. Maybe the machine would be good for your winter weather though when you're less likely to be walking outside. Hope your air clears out soon.

Mick, glad you were able to get an appointment so soon. I hope your back heals quickly. The bunnies will be happy to see you tomorrow!

Hello to Cyn, the festival must be ending this week?

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all how are we today then?good I hope ..went down this morning and picked the peskies up ...its great to get them home.bit of an achey drive to get them.it will get better but atm its pretty sore .Its raining here...

hiya Lav how are you then? hope all is well .glad your daughter is back at work .yes ,I got some exercises to do ...and jeez they are pretty painful .You have a great day.

hiya ppqp...hows you then? feeling better?Lav is right ..if you go on you tube and type in circulatory exercises for feet there are a good few .have you still got the smoke all around you?

has anyone seen a series called criminal minds? it may be our take over from homeland 15 series with 15 episodes each ..

a big hello to everyone else out there ...

Comment

Good evening all,

Having a break in the rain so I’m sitting on the deck watching hummingbirds & butterflies buzzing all around. Not much going on here, just waiting for some weather improvement, hahha!

Mick, glad the bunnies are back home. Do you keep any ice packs in the freezer to use after your exercises/stretches? They do tend to help quite a bit.
              Take it easy & don’t overdo on the exercises!!

PQ, I was also thinking about those foot machines & realized, if you can walk outside you are also exercising your heart & lungs. Not so much if you’re sitting on the sofa moving your feet - just a thought.
              Hope you’re having a good day.

Hello to Cyn!
              Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie.

Let’s all have a nice night!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all,
                remnants of Fred are coming in.... boy is it humid. Of course it's the day I planned on taking a ride down to see my brother. Hopefully won't run into too much rain.

looks like we're in for another year of Covid. In my area there are very few who mask up anymore. I never thought that fighting a disease could become so political.

be well friends and hope everyone gets on the mend.

Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Heya ABerooooos!

so sorry, have to be brief as I'm still in the middle of crazy mode. Thankfully I've picked up some business and it's either crickets or insanity. 5 shoots yesterday! egad.

made it back from Vegas with the girls after a couple of hectic days there for a girl scouts event and boy was that trying. managed to get out unscathed at least on the boozage front and
                  blazing away here.

packing up for a tradeshow today. zooming along.

Mick, so sorry about the back. ice helping?

Sam great to see you again!

shouts to Pauly, PPQ, Tree, anyone else?

back when the dust settles....

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all how r we then? just a quick blast ..back has been giving me heck all night ..I drove the van to get its roadworthiness test this morning all strapped up ..it passed I wouldnt have ...phoned the quack..Im on tramadol as short term pain killer but jeez they are pretty heavy...Sam ace to see you mate ..over here maskology is a thing of the past .you now choose to wear or not .its the mortality rate that counts and tbh its very low ..the vaccines defo helped .
                    well done det ...big shout for not bevvying mate

hiya Lav ..yes Ive got a proper ice pack in the freezer ,but Im struggling to get anything to help ..these pills alleviate the pain ish but dont address the cause ..

big hello to all others

Comment

Greetings friends,

We’ve had a tornado watch going all day - conditions are just right apparently. Raining cats & dogs right now, some distant thunder too. Feels tropical here & there’s no beach in sight, haha!

Sam, we’re getting all that rain thanks to TS Fred. My chickens are probably swimming in mud puddles right now. Hope you were able to see your brother OK.
                      Covid seems to want to stick around a while longer, for sure. You take care!

Det, wow you are a busy guy!!! Congrats on all the new work, you’re doing great! So the girl scouts got to you, huh? LOL Tkae care!

Mick, sorry you’re having so much pain. Has anyone suggested xrays or a trip to see a neurologist?
                      Tramadol is heavy duty, be careful driving & other risky stuff. Try to get some rest, give it a chance to heal.

Hello to PQ, Cyn, Pauly & Pie.

Hope everyone is oK & has a good night.
                      I have to swim out to the chicken house & get that closed up for the night.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all..how are we then? good I hope ...its raining here ...just normal rain ...no cats and dogs involved in this one .Back still giving me grief but it isnt quite as bad ..though I didnt get to sleep till about 3 this morning .
                        did you get the tornadoes Lav?stay safe .

hiya ppqp ..you ok? how are things?look at this ... you take care

144835825_10157942210517503_2438976697126248674_n.jpg

big hello to everyone else

Comment

Hey Mick, just us here this week?

I hope that means your back is doing some healing. It does take time for these things.
                          The storms had settled down last night so I went to bed. My phone went off doing that screaming alert thing it does at midnight, scared me half to death. Another tornado was spotted on radar in our area. The tornado traveled two counties northeast of here & did a touchdown making a huge mess. Trees down, people’s roofs blown off, etc. we don’t need this stuff, honestly. I checked today & we’ve had 48” of rain already this year, crazy!!! This. Is the first time we have ever had this number tornado warnings in our area. We are used to dealing with the effects of hurricanes coming up the coast. All this rain has interfered with picking on the local farms too.

Hello to the whole group & hoping everyone is OK.
                          Have a nice night all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for MIA lately, I decided to just check out with everything. I've been on holidays and other than a couple of phone calls from the accountant I've ignored everything. I started some Mental Health Workshops this week and it's been a bit draining emotionally. Just trying to work through some feelings and stress. A lot to do with Covid but also the lack of support/direction from our wishy/washy boss. Putting a plan in place to bring some balance into my life and I'm starting to feel better about things. Don't think I could have done this if I had been drinking, so grateful for that.

Had a quick read through, Mick hope your back is improving and Lav I'm so glad you dodged the tornados. Det, glad you survived Vegas! Sam, yup Covid is rearing it's ugly head again and the Provincial and Municipal governments are at odds. Thankfully our school boards have made their own decisions and are mandating masks again for the start of school.

Shout out to Pi and TG. Have a good evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Morning all. How are we today? Hope all is well. Those tablets in on definitely work, but they aren't the nicest. I don't want to be on them for long. Raining here today.. ain't that a surprise.

Hiya ppqp. How are you doing? Nice to see you here. Are you taking the mha classes or just organising them?just saying,should you not have a buddy to download load to after sessions?interesting that you mentioned that you would not have been able to do all this if you were still drinking. Iwas thinking similar the other day.. the biggest buzz for me is the fact that I can drive anywhere at any time...no more wondering am I within limits or any of that.you take care .

Hiya teegee How you then? Take it that all the concerts are over and you are resting. I hope you Enjoyed it all Despite the circumstances. Take care of yourself

Hiya pauly you OK?

Hiya Sam and det ..Great to hear from you guys how's the strumming going Sam?

Hiya Lav..love that pic of the store. How's the tornado watching going?the Weather seems to have gone crazy this year too. Take care and stay safe.

Right good people..have a great weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X