Sunday 22nd of August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday 22nd of August

Hello everyone and how are we today then ? Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend. We have no rain at the moment thank goodness And it would be nice if it were to stay that way without any donations from far and wide .........:welldone:

Yes the wallet took a serious battering yesterday We always did have the idea if we took to motor homing properly then we would upgrade the Van The time frame for that was when Julie retired which is next may however we went to look at Van's yesterday and saw one that featured ideally what we wanted ,so guess what ..yep we bought it We pick it up on the 7th of September and because we are away next week and it gives me time to change the plates over on the old vehicle as I have private plates on it. The new van has got fixed beds with a duvalay?matress in it and everything Separate shower, separate bedroom two television points in the lounge and the bedroom And it is only 7.1 meters I need to know get used to living on baked beans and crusts haha Hope everyone is doing well My back is still playing up but I guess it just takes time Take care everyone Stay sane safe and sober x
    Last edited by Mick; August 22, 2021, 09:29 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Sunday 22nd of August

MAE ALL...

Mick....you never cease to amaze me. A NEW VAN! Sounds great and will watch for the pics! They're predicting thunderstorms here so I won't be sending any rain your way. Tomorrow is the warmest day next week with overnight temps dropping to near zero. You watch, we're going to go from 80 to -22 in a flash! You take it easy on your back.

Lav...yes, you are correct, it's only the left foot. Now that you mention it that was also the foot I broke a bone in and realize it. It was sore to walk on but we were in Vegas at the time. By the time I got back and had it looked at the Doc said yup it was broke but this would be the time I took the cast off. So it's interesting that it's the same foot. I'll check out the xray with my Doc when I get my annual done next month. Glad your son and family are back, one last thing to think about.

Just been putzing around doing things as I feel like. With the foot better I have been out for more walks.
    Shout out to the gang....have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

We have a brand new week, damp as usual haha!!! The rainfall has been nothing compared to what the folks are getting in the hurricane path. Apparently it made landfall in little Rhode Island this morning & has made a real mess. I have a friend on Cape Cod, hope she’s OK. Went to Costco this morning to get dog food & a few things, That was my big day haha!

Mick, I wish you the very best with your new home on wheels
      I have a feeling you two will be touring every inch of the UK & having a blast. Maybe you could build on a side room for your bunnies so they can travel with you haha!!
      Get that back in good shape so you can enjoy your van.

PQ, I don’t know if I mentioned but my stress fractures in my foot were diagnosed by MRI. Stress fractures don’t show up on a regular xray but the foot doctor was fairly certain the fractures were there & he was right. I had to wear that dumb boot for several weeks but it was the only way to control the pain & still move around a bit. Just so someone address your swelling & pain, right?
      I hope your weather holds up so you can get out for some exercise & fresh air

Hello to Cyn, Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night all!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Surprise!

Hello lovelies. Yes, I am alive, but I feel that it is just barely. This year's festival "took the cake" in terms of overwork and exhaustion, and it is the last one that I will be "working" on officially. Forget it. Life is too short. And I have other things to do with my life...

Mick, the van sounds amazing, congrats. Lav, I have wondered many times how your blood pressure is... I hope it has gotten more stable. PPQ, still having trouble with the foot? So sorry...

Pauly, did I hear correctly that Vegas was 107 recently? Sheesh! I hope you and the family are okay. Det, how are you doing with work and family? Sam, hope you didn't get washed away... hello to all else.

I am still in Tahoe and the air quality is horrendous... yesterday and today in the hazardous range... I got an inside air cleaner,,as this little place I'm staying has no A/C... the fires are not terribly far away, and the smoke levels have completely to do with the wind. And so it goes. Thinking I will head east the end of August... but do I really want to drive? Not sure... but of course all will become clear...

Wishing all well - cheers to all --

Comment

morning all,
          not a bad day shaping up... perhaps a bit hot and humid but fall feels like it is in the air. I'm noticing trees starting to turn which for here is a bit soon. We've been so dry this summer, maybe has something to do with it.

Visited my brother, who I haven't seen in quite awhile b/c of covid. As my family gets older, the desire to see them is a little more acute. He turned 70 this year, time is marching on. He's very good at working on musical instruments. He worked on my banjo while we visited and I dropped off a couple guitars that needed some TLC. A good visit, hopefully won't be so long till we get together again.

Off to work. Enjoyed reading everyone's post.
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today then? good I hope .no rain here today ..its really hot and sunny .trying to sort out the insurance etc for the noo van .Im at the bone crunchers tonight .

hiya Sam the man ace to see you mate ..yes I know that feeling about brothers ..I was in touch with mine yesterday .the forever time when we were younger..it doesnt seem so forever as the distance between young old decreases ...
            you take care mate .

teegee great to see you..how are you doing ? hope all is well with you ? are you having some down time now?you are right life is too short ...hence the new van ..Im not hanging around wasting my life till someone says you can go on holiday now .Im glad you are ok .

hiya La how are you then ? all ok ..boy you sure know how to eat ..went to costco for dog food ..get some grass..no not that kind!!! and you will have a balanced meal .you arent going to believe this ..but I actually thought about the rabbits ..from building a hutch ..to making collars and leads for them ..strangely Julie thinks Im mad ..you have agood day.

hiya ppqp...hows you then? hows the foot feeling today?all good?why are you surprised about the van?Im Scottish ...we are known for spending money ...yeah right .hope you have a decent day .

hiya pauly you ok?

right folks thats me ...take care
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Had a half decent day until the thunderstorms rolled in this afternoon. It’s stil so humid I’m sure the storms will continue on all night.

Cyn, glad you dropped in, have been thinking of you.
              I’m also glad that ytou are nearing the finish line at the festival & can make plans to return home. I think I would fly home after all that & have your car shipped or something, no kidding. I’m not a fan of all that driving but that’s just me. Looking forward to having you in teh same time zone once again. Take care :hug:

Sam, great that yo got to see your brother & got your banjo tuned up
              We’ve had over 48” of rain up here so everything is still pretty lush. Weird actually for August when the lawns are usually cripsy. Take care.

Mick, maybe you could attach a rabbit hutch on wheels on teh back of your van, LOL That way they could go everywhere with you.
              When I was a kid a girl who lived on my street had a huge rabbit that she waled on a leash. It was funny but cute. You certainly would attract a lot of attention.

Hello to Det - saw your FB video, very nice

Hello to PQ & Pauly & Pie, hope you are all well.

Heading out to close up teh chickens before another storm hit.
              Have a good night all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Catching up on sleep... what a delicious feeling that is. Tomorrow must get started again on taxes, which never got finished last winter... must have hubs' 2020 corp taxes done before September 15, or may have penalties...

Air continued to be in the "Hazardous" AQI again today. At least the weather is cooler, so not so hard to remain indoors. I borrowed an air filter from a friend who is away... finally not smelling smoke inside, whew.

Lav, I was worried about you in Storm Henry - but it sounds like you were spared. But still have had a lots of rain? How's the blood pressure?

Mick, the shots of the Mobile Home look fabulous! Enjoy! I read an article in the Guardian that was pointing to severe overuse of the Lake Disctrict... too many Pandemic escapees, not paying attention to the environment. "I wandered lonely as a cloud" doesn't seem to apply these days. I hope the "heathens" don't ruin the outdoors for you!

Sam, what a very sweet story you told... I like that you both love musical instruments. I hope you get many chances to use them.

Hello to Det and PPQ, and Pauly, and all else... hoping that everyone is well.

I found a "lightweight" British Mystery to watch - Brokenwood - takes place in New Zealand, so that is nice. This is the first time I've seen any film or streaming-anything since my husband went into the ICU... a simple mystery is a good start. Tried to watch a little of "Vera" again - a past favorite, but it is too gritty and emotional for me. I guess I lost my mental toughness in the interim...

Take care all -

Comment

morning all...how are we today then? Hope all is well in this messed up world ..we as a race have certainly changed it. Afghanistan, covid increase,Brexit ,they have all played their part .they just reported that they had a music festival in Cornwall..there were 4700 positives due to it.Food shortages in the shops here,due to a lack of lorry drivers...there is a shortage of about 20000 drivers ...they left Britain ,mostly Poles and Eastern Europeans .its absolutely crazy.its almost like ..ok weve done covid ,move on ,which isnt the case .I think all we can do is protect our own … aint a bad thing if we all did that .

hiya Lav ..hows you then? I see you got the rains ...we had the humidity but not the rain ..yet ..it looks overcast today. and as yet ...no rain ....

teegee ....hope you are resting and taking it easy .Ive just managed to sort the insurance out for the new van ..a whole day doing admin...not my strong point

I wandered lonely as a cloud , oer vales and hills,when all it once I saw a crowd of dancing golden daffodils..something like that ...yep WW wouldnt have been on his own now.
                  A guardian reader eh? well done you.You never lost your toughness ..to me you are one stoic lady .you have my respect.

Have you seen line of duty?its a good series if you can get a hold of it .

hiya ppqp...hope all is well ...

take care all...

If you're ever feeling useless and there's no point to your life.
                  Just remember, it took 20 years, 4 Presidents and trillions of dollars to replace the Taliban with the Taliban.

Today I saw a sign that said 'Hand Car Wash'.
                  I thought I'd give it a try because the last guys who used their feet were fcking useless

My wife wasn't so well this morning so I took her breakfast up. Bacon, sausages, eggs, beans, hash brown and tomatoes.

Just got to get the camping stove up there now so she can cook it for me.

Apparently Glasgow is the murder capital of Europe, while simultaneously the friendliest city in Europe. How do they work that one out?

Is it when a Glaswegian stabs you, they give you directions to the hospital?

"Hello reception, I found a dead fly in my bed."
                  "Well sir one dead fly isn't going to cause any harm".
                  "I know but 5000 came to the funeral".

I was in the garden digging and my neighbour said, "What are you growing?"

I said, "Tired."

Paddy and Mick are sat in the pub eating sandwiches. The landlord walks. over "You can't eat your own food in here". So they swap sandwiches

If you have thirteen apples in one hand and ten oranges in the other hand, what do you have?

Very big hands.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Well here we are at the beginning of another heatwave. It will be 90+degrees for the next 6 days & so humid, yuck. I’m signed up for a craft show Friday evening but I’m going to skip it I think. Dropping a ton of sweat setting all that up & sitting outside in this heat & humdity for 5 or 6 hrs does not interest me . Next one is the last Friday of October, I’ll go then.

Cyn, switching gears from music festival to taxes - oh boy. Good luck with that business.
                    Glad yo’re getting some cooler air, can’t wait until we get some. My BP has been real good in the mornings & still a touch too high at bedtime but it’s improved. I’m waiting to hear back from my NP, I messaged her yesterday. I’m going to see a Cardiologist on Sept 9 so maybe he’ll help out too

Mick, a whole day so far with no rain, haha!! It’s been crazy this summer. The humidity just makes everything feel super yucky, haha! Ihope you stay cool, bunnies too!!

PQ, how’s it going?

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

All quiet on this Homefront. Still continuing with my MH workshops, last one is on Thursday. They've really been helpful with working on balance in my life.

Lav...Our weather has sure taken a turn. High today was 60 and we're now dropping down to 40 at night. They're actually forecasting frost warnings just north of us now. Hope you hear back from your NP soon.

Mick...yup this world is so upside down right now. We are in the midst of a Federal election, just what everyone needed at this time. Covid cases on the rise has everyone nervous about school starting next week. How did it go with the bone crusher? Back feeling any better?

TG...glad you were able to get an air filter, I've lived through that smoke smell in the house too. It's good to hear you're catching up on your sleep. The corporate taxes should be a piece of cake after all you've been through for the festival.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Time to figure out dinner....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all how are we then .I'm at the dentist just now waiting for a filling..yes I have a few of my own teeth left..weather lovely again..oops my turn see y'all

Comment

Oy ABeroooos!

busy bee here, blazing along best I can. Just done editing a pile of pics from yesterday and heading out for groceries.

Mick, dentist again? ugh! hope it goes well, fillings aren't so bad at least.

I'll try to get back on soon and get caught up, but with a wedding shoot this Sat and 3 more shoots before that, I'm bouncing like a pinball. Relieved to be busy at least

be well loves!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...back at the dentist, at least it's not replacing one of your implants. Hope all went well.

Det...good to see you and you do sound busy as a bee. Sounds like things are taking off for you. Good job.

Sleep was non existent last night, glad I'm still on holidays. Last workshop tomorrow and then I guess I need to gear up to get back into work mode.
                            Hoping everyone has a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Hot & humid - of course
                              I am so over this sickening heat & humidity, C’mon Fall

PQ, my NP went ahead & increased my new BP med again: started with 1 tablet daily then went to 1 1/2. Now I’m taking 2 tabs daily in divided doses to get the evening numbers down - I hope!!
                              I am profoundly jealous of your weather forecast, haha!! I can’t wait, that’s my kind of weather. Enjoy your Thursday workshop, sounds like they’ve been doing you some good!

Mick, hope the dental visit went well. I go next week to get a permanent filing in the tooth the Endodontist did two treatments on when I had the infection.

Det, you are the #1 busy boy around here - good for you!!! :welldone:
                              Keep your bearings now, don’t let the craziness throw you off balance, you’re doing great!

Cyn, the news is reporting on the Tahoe fire, I hope you get out of there soon. It can’t be real healthy breathing all that smokey air :hug:

Hello to Pauly, Sam & PIe.

Have a nice night all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X