29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29th

Hiya all how are we doing today then?hope all is well. Another day at the festival..not as hot as yesterday but still pleasant. Here tomorrow and home Tuesday..Last day with this van. Be interesting putting the next one on the drive. So what has everyone been up to then?it's a Bank Holiday here tomorrow so everyone is off.take care everyone
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 29th

Good evening Mick & friends,

Kind of gloomy here but at least it’s not hot. I baked a vegan lasagne today & pretty much stayed glued to the TV so I could watch the track of hurricane Ida. She hit the gulf coast as a category 4 storm, very strong winds of 150 mph. I hope people survive this one.

Glad your trip is going well Mick, sounds like fun!
    Tomorrow is the first day of school for the grandkids so I’m sure they’re just thrilled, haha!! I hope the boys perk up a little, they’ve been slugs all summer long.

Hello to Cyn, hope you are safe!
    Hello to Pauly, PQ, Det, Sam & Pie.

Keep your fingers crossed for those folks affected by this huge storm :hug:
    Have a nice night all.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hiya all how are we then?Good I hope. Well that is us..back home tomorrow. Raining today, but it didn't affect these guys

20210830_132112.jpg

20210830_132009.jpg

Been a good weekend. Hope everyone has had a good one
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello Mick & everyone,

We’ve been dodging thunderstorms all afternoon. Our share of the hurricane doesn’t arrive until Wednesday so I did run out to the stores for some necessities, just in case.
        The full hospitals in New Orleans are running on generators after the hurricane hit there. Scary situation.

Mick, those are some funky looking little animals - meerkats?
        Glad your trip was good & I hope you have a safe trip home.
        Lucky me I have a dental appt in the morning to finally get that tooth finished up. Then i have an appt for Wednesday afternoon atthe hospital for a Dexa scan - may or may not go depending on the weather.

Cyn, I see some of the Tahoe area is being evacuated & I hope you are safe :hug:

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

I posted yesterday so I don't know what happened. It was a long day back at work, I'm going to have to get used to this again. Nothing has changed, nobody knows what's going on. Boss can't make up his mind, except he did say he wasn't honoring the new Sep 30th Federal Holiday. It's up to each province to honor them or not and Alberta said no. Our provincial leaders have been in hiding for 2 weeks now.

Mick...too bad you ended up with rain on your last day. It sounds like you had a good time though. Safe travels home.

Lav...been thinking of you with that crazy weather. Crossing my fingers you don't get hit with anything too bad. The pictures of New Orleans have been incredible. Good luck at the dentist at least that'll be done. Do you have far to go for the Dexa scan? I'm sure you won't be the only one cancelling if you have to.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...thats me back home now .leftearly doors ,this morning ,been down and picked the rabbits up ..they are both good .thats it ready to dekit the old van ready for the new .next trip out is next Thursday ..we are going up to Bamburgh Castle for a few days .I think there is one trip after that until christmas .

Welcome to the wheres my post gone forum ppqp.how are you doing?sounds like your boss has picked up his mantle of havent a clue.Dont let it get you down .

hiya Lav hows you then?hope all is well.is the weather still being a bummer for you .Did the dentist sort the teeth out?Yes they are meerkats .how did the kids get on at skool ?hope it went well for them.Stay safe n this crazy weather .

hiya teegee ..hope you are doing well and resting ...

big shout to everyone else .

We threw a surprise house-warming party for our Eskimo mate.
            He’s now homeless.

I've always said it's better to be at the bottom of a ladder you want to climb than halfway up one you don't.

Anyway, I've been sacked by the fire brigade.

I'm really pleased that our band has just signed a Jamaican triangle player.

Now every little *ting* is gonna be all right!

I went to Clarks today. I said " I'd like a par of crocodile shoes please". The assistant said "ok what size does your crocodile take".

Comment

Good evening friends,

Trip to the dentist was easy, was in & out of there in 15 minutes.
              Mostly gloomy again today in anticipation of crappy weather Wednesday & Thursday. Now they’re warning us about an extra threat of tornados & flooding in addition to large rainfall amounts. How swell is that???

PQ, first back after vacation always sucks especially when they saved a shit ton of work for you. I don’t miss that. So the boss is still not bossing? Screw him, not your problem, right? Sounds like he needs to be replaced. My trip to the hospital for the scan is about 7 miles, same area as the dentist office. The trick is finding a way where the trees aren’t falling over on cars during a storm, haha! Maybe it won’t be too bad.

Mick, glad you’re home safe & sound. I imagine the bunnies were happy to see you/
              Yes, my tooth now has a permanent filling so no more appointments for a while, hopefully.

Hello to the rest of the crew. Cyn, I hope you are on your way home at this point :hug:

Have a nice night all!

Lav
              Last edited by Lavande; August 31, 2021, 05:08 PM.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Well, that's day 2 down and we open the building tomorrow. Kids also go back to school tomorrow so they will be in the building. My client renters aren't starting till the week of the 13th, wanted to get the childcare routine down before bringing more people in. Programs won't be starting till October and there are a lot of upset people. Instead of complaining to me they all phoned/emailed the board of directors. I do believe the boss is going to have a rough time at the Sep 17th board meeting.

Mick...glad you're home safe and sound and that the peskies are healthy. Boy, you sure don't mess around, out with the old - in with the new. LOL Have you been to Bamburgh Castle before? Looks like a great place to see.

Lav...if my dental visits were that easy I might just go. LOL We started out warm and sunny this morning but there's a huge thunder cloud over us now. Supposed to be raining tomorrow, of course, just to add more stress to parents. Your forecasted weather sounds scary, hope it isn't too bad. Yup, the boss is not my problem. I would feel bad when people came to me but I didn't have to deal with that this time. Strategic planning of my holidays. LOL I told one person before I went on holidays that if you're upset contact the board. They received 15 complaints. You play it safe for your trip to the hospital, remember you also have to make the return trip. I hear you about the trees. This is a very established neighbourhood and the trees are like canopies over all the roads that lead to the community centre.

TG...been thinking of you especially after the latest news reports. I'm not sure where in Tahoe you are but by the pictures I've seen it doesn't look like it matters. I'm assuming you had to evacuate and I hope you are safe.

The rest of you are always in my thoughts. Hope everyone is good. Have a nice night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...howz thingz ..hope we are good .Been in the garden doing some weeding today ,assisted by those 2 .and sorting out the insurance on the new van ..a massive disparity ..dearest £3300 cheapest £397 !!!! its sorted now ..also booked the auto electrician to put in an immobiliser and alarm ..upgraded from the factory one .and now Im making tea ..good innit?

just a quickie ..thats quickie ...not quiche ..

ppqp ...hope all went well ..at work ...forget the pretend boss ..

hiya Lav hope you are good today?

wheres pauly???

Comment

Hey friends,

My phone has been blowing up with tornado & flood warnings for the past few hours. Close to `4” of rain so far & it’s not over yet. There’s lots of trees down & roads flooded in the area but nothing affecting us so far. My trip out & back was fine today, only had to dodge one tree limb across a road, not bad. There’s going to be a lot of cleanup needed around here tomorrow.

PQ, with that many complaints coming in I’d say your boss is definitely going to have a hard time. He needs to take responsibility - he’s the boss.
                    I hope your day was good & complaint free

Mick, your insurance rates are a bit crazy. How do you figure it out?
                    We just got the 4th tornado warning on our phones, ugh!! Think I’ll go hide out in the basement for a while.

Hello to all & hope everyone is OK.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Gotta say the workshops I took during my holidays are really working...nothing is fazing me. LOL First day back for the kiddies and aside from a couple of hiccups things went well. Of course there's always a drama queen in the mix. It is nice to be back to a new and improved routine.

Mick...just shook my head at the difference in insurance quotes, glad you got it sorted. Was the old van a trade in for the new or do you still have to sell it? Hope the weather holds up for your jaunt next Thursday.

Lav...was thinking of you today and glad you were able to get to your scan and back safely. When will you know the results? I had a good day with no complaints, hope it continues. Have you heard anything from Cyn? I'm a little worried about her. If you get an update would you let us know please? You stay safely hidden in your basement.

Shout out to the gang...have a good night...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all how everyone is safe and well. I've seen some of the pics of the storms over there.. back is still playing up but it is getting better..it's a case of patience.. and I've got tunz of it. Went up to check the measurements on the new van this morning.

Hiya lav.. hope all is good with you.take careof yourself in that crazy weather.

Hiya ppqp..I am chuffed the workshops you did help.excellent..yes the other van was a trade in on this one.saves a lot of hassle. I am emptying the old one..it's crazy the amount of stuff.you take care

Hello everyone else wherever you are ....be safe x

Comment

Good evening friends,

We lucked out, no damage here but we did end up with a whopping 7.75” of rain!!!!!!
                          The chicken yard flooded a bit but they were all safe inside. A tornado touched down up near town about 5 miles from here & ripped apart 9 homes, 7 of them are now condemned. Lots of roads closed due to trees & power lines down. The schools were closed today due to the bad roads & no power. Crazy stuff! Lots of flattened cornfields & even one of the local covered bridges disappeared in the wind, OMG!
                          There was a total of 7 tornadoes in this & surrounding counties. Lots & lots of flooding of course. What a mess. I feel lucky we still have our roof & siding, geez.

PQ, glad your school opening went well
                          I have not heard from Cyn & am concerned as well. Sure hope she is OK.

Mick, hope your back eases up soon. My daughter is nursing a back pull herself & was told to stay home from work today. Funny because work is where she likely pulled a muscle moving an enormous patient around, haha. We took a drive around this morning to check out some storm damage - it was pretty bad in some areas. Roads are closed & will be for a few days I imagine. I’m sure you’re anxious to get your new van

Hello to Cyn, thinking of you :hug:

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Well that was a busy jam packed day of questions. At one point I had 3 people at my desk waiting their turn. LOL Boss has been on his best behaviour, with me anyways. I think Childcare is ready to string him up.

Mick...I can just picture you with your ruler, pencil and paper. LOL Bet you can hardly wait to park her in the driveway. Sorry your back is still acting up but glad to hear you've got lots of patience.

Lav...I've been seeing the pictures too and was so glad to see your post today. I'm glad everyone is safe and sound. If this was summer I wonder what winter will bring. I believe it's moving out and now you have to deal with the aftermath. I'm keeping good thoughts of TG and I hope we hear something soon.

Hope everyone else is coping and carrying on. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hello everyone ...( by everyone I mean you 2 .....)how are you doing ? hope all is well .back is getting better but its a real slow process .kind of vicious circle ..to sit stillmakesitache ..they advocate exercise ,and yet that gives it some hammer too.anyway what will be will be .
                              so what are we up to ?

hiya ppqp ...hows you then today? sounds like you had a busy day .So your boss is playing the game is he?excellent...lets hope he remembers who kept him out of the sh.t when he wasnt playing .hope you have a good weekend

hiya Lav ...howare things there with you?is everything ok family wise? all safe?..and the chickens? Yes I cant wait to get the new van ,I look at all the stuff I took out of it and think how the heck did I get all that in there .hopeyou have a decent weekend

hiya teegee..you ok? let us know fingz is ok with you ..

take care everyone and have a nice weekend .

Comment

Working...
                              X