September Army 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Army 2021

White rabbits, pinch and a punch and all that.

Up early as the blind man's coming between 8am and 1pm and what's the betting I'm in the bathroom when he arrives?
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: September Army 2021

Oh God September!!!! Nope I'll rephrase that ....Oh Good September! One less month to retirement!!!
    Morning Jacks good luck with the blind man....sure he won't see if you're in the bog:welldone:
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Oh God September!!!! Nope I'll rephrase that ....Oh Good September! One less month to retirement!!!
      Morning Jacks good luck with the blind man....sure he won't see if you're in the bog:welldone:
      It could be a blind woman. I'll get sent to the back of the class for discrimination.

Oooh its only 7 months 'til I get my pension and free bus and metro pass. Only between 9:30am and 4:30pm.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Been and gone and coming back to fit them next Wednesday. A bit startled by how quick it took.
        Oh and fair warning the son and heir and his missus will be hitting Ireland within the next couple of weeks. They are both vaccinated and will bring their own masks.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Happy September, Army folk near and far!
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Thanks for starting us off again JC. Great when they turn up JC. Hope your son and daughter in law enjoy their trip, so good to see things returning to normal, although our numbers are still high.

Back in the cottage and it is a little bit of heaven. Really enjoying the peace and tranquility.

Comment

How long are you away for Rustop?

Where abouts are your son and daughter in law going to over here [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]? Looks like we are back to normal on Oct 22nd.
              I've so many holidays to take, I've to take a day a week until the end of the year. Today was that day. Why is it more busy not working than working
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning Army. It feels very Autumnal here this morning.
                Flights to Norway have been changed and had to spend 50 minutes on the phone trying to get through to the travel insurance to enable me to change details, Arghh
                Leg nearly healed properly and I am looking forward to getting out for a run.
                Still in my bubble of grief but being busy seems to help. The evenings are the worst and I am aware that I could easily try to block it out.

Comment

Morning and waves to world,
                  [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]...........on top of everything else that must have had you banging your head off the wall. Glad to hear the leg's healing.
                  Oh Whizzy, I feel for you. My Aunt when she was widowed took up crocheting to get through the evenings. She's now got enough squares if they were made into a blanket it would cover half the country.

Edit: It may be a bit soon but have a look at this website............Jobs, Money, Courses & Lifestyle for Over 5s

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............first stop is Dublin and then they'll decide from there where they're going. They're camping in Bamburgh for a few days as the S&H's choir is singing on Holy Island for a couple of days. As the pair of them are very much going anywhere sunny and abroad they're actually finding what a lovely country they were born in.
                  Last edited by JackieClaire; September 2, 2021, 05:49 AM.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    As the pair of them are very much not going anywhere sunny and abroad they're actually finding what a lovely country they were born in.
                    Afternoon everyone. Think we are all learning that lesson. We have a house in Lismore, Waterford for a week Mary. Himself is fishing and I came here for weekend and then went back to work for the two days and now back for the last few days. Scenery very different from the west but beautiful in its green lushness. Brought my crochet and books so happy out.

Delighted you are healing Brit and that you will soon be back running. Think trying to travel anywhere is a pain at the moment but it will be worth it, getting to spend time with your lovely daughter.

Comment

Think trying to travel anywhere is a pain at the moment
                      Agreed Rusters.
                      We're going to Greece this day week - and I've a pain in my arse trying to figure out do I need neg test for UK ? - Do I need PLF for UK? even tough we don't leave the airport ?
                      Then the same questions for Greece. FFS !
                      I swear to God it was easier last September to go....... :cuss:

Comment

Evening all.

Originally posted by brit View Post
                        Good morning Army. It feels very Autumnal here this morning.
                        Flights to Norway have been changed and had to spend 50 minutes on the phone trying to get through to the travel insurance to enable me to change details, Arghh
                        Leg nearly healed properly and I am looking forward to getting out for a run.
                        Still in my bubble of grief but being busy seems to help. The evenings are the worst and I am aware that I could easily try to block it out.
                        Hi Mrs A I just wanted to pop in any offer you my support. ‘Blocking it out’ resonates with me and I am sure almost everybody else here. I think it’s at the root of how we learned to cope with life and death and everything in between for so many years, all the things that causes us such grief and pain but we truly know deep deep down it’s never the answer. It takes a hell of a lot of inner strength and bravery to get sober and a lot more to stay there some days but that’s what we are survivors, just as our loved ones always hoped we could be. You are a strong lady, be kind to yourself.
                        Last edited by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB); September 2, 2021, 03:37 PM.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..............I gone cross-eyed having a look-see for you. Ireland is an exempted country under the Common Travel Area, and Irish citizens are currently exempted from travel restrictions into the UK along with Jersey, The Isle of Man, and Guernsey so you don't need a PLF. Those were the rules as of 27th July.
                          But like you said you're not leaving the airport so I can't see why you'd need a PLF.
                          Night all.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            @satz123..............I gone cross-eyed having a look-see for you. Ireland is an exempted country under the Common Travel Area, and Irish citizens are currently exempted from travel restrictions into the UK along with Jersey, The Isle of Man, and Guernsey so you don't need a PLF. Those were the rules as of 27th July.
                            But like you said you're not leaving the airport so I can't see why you'd need a PLF.
                            Night all.
                            [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
                            Thanks a million Jacks for that it is great news. I saw that somewhere but didn't believe it 'cos it conflicted with another page I read.
                            Me head was melted.
                            I'm glad it simplified but ..... what exactly makes us Irish less infectious than say someone in France - I dunno :headscratch: It's all a bit political.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..............glad to be of service. I'll have Mr. JC a look-see as well. Being a lawyer he's used to reading complicated shite.

Middle of the night thoughts................what happens if you're going through the Channel Tunnel?
                              1) Do you get halfway to France and they stop and any foreigner on board and check your documents?
                              2)Why are some of the Chanel Islands like Sark not included. I think Sark has about 20 people and a couple of cows live there.

At the moment I've got two men on the roof cleaning the gutters. I'd forgotten they were coming and didn't half get a fright.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X