5 sept .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 sept .

hiya all how are you then ? good I hope ,a lovely day here today ,just resting back again .

not my circus not my monkeys? very true ..Hiya lav ..we have got the stupid gang over here too ..either stupid or selfish ..it really annoys me ..Not too keen on hummus .tomorrow is clean up day on the old van ready for the new one ontuesday ..really looking forward to it ..a lot of money but this is our holidays for the predictable future..as you saw Bonnie is struggling over here ...not .you take care

hiya ppqp.. .like you Im a no crowd person ....plus the van allows us to get away and see places without climbing into metal tubes full of folks with forced air systems ...an unknown quantity .community representation ..just like politicians ..once in post the promises are forgotten !!hope you are having a good weekend

hiya teegee ...you ok?

big shout to everyone

241443666_6769864083039612_4117950406080922496_n.jpg

153944078_10224374302282290_6754566564952524645_n.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; September 5, 2021, 12:21 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 5 sept .

Good evening friends,

Well the clouds found us & we have a light rain at the moment. Nothing like the stuff we got last week!
    No holiday plans means I’m doing the minimum this weekend, haha! I did make Swedish meatballs today & now have some leftovers for the week, yay.

Mick, I only wish I could get as comfortable as Bonnie appears to be, LOL. I’ve turned into a fidget, can’t sit still without changing position every few minutes. Joints & things tends to stiffen up quickly at this age. Glad you are resting your back this weekend, smart move.
    Will you have a news crew at the house when you bring your new van home? I think you should, it would be cool
    I just saw my niece posting more erroneous anti-vax BS & told her she was was just plain wrong. Now I will turn her FB feed off!

PQ, how are your aches & pains & swellings these days?
    I think it is time to accept what we are dealing with as our new reality I’m sorry to say. We can’t turn the clock back but we can alter our course with good food & the right exercise & mostly trying to avoid injury. I just told YB to find someone who can put a wrought iron handrail up at our back door. He asked why - duh, to prevent falls???? It’s only one step up from the driveway then one more step up into the house & I have found myself wobbling there more than a few times. The handrail won’t be too helpful after I fracture a hip. I have noticed several people having a problem with that step over the years, it’s higher than an average step. I don’t want anyone falling out there!

Hello to Cyn, & I am hoping you can get in touch with us soon. We miss you :hug:

Hello to the rest of the gang & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...just call me gullible! LOL Quiet weekend here for me and am looking forward to the day off tomorrow. You take it easy cleaning out the van tomorrow. I think it's a perfect solution to all this covid craziness.

Lav...aches & pains & swelling are worse since I've been sitting around doing nothing for 3 days. I will definitely have to figure out a new routine if I ever retire. I used to see commercials on tv about older adults and balance and would think really? Well, I believe it now. I find myself being very careful doing things I used to without even thinking about it. It sucks to grow old.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya everyone ..how are we then ? hope all is well.cleaned the van out washed it and polished it ...Ithink Ill buy it myself .Another lovely day here again .Back is easing off slowly ,and getting better .pick the other one up tomorrow ,and fill it up with rubbish again ...then away on thursday .dont know where everyone is .

hiya Lav ..how are you then ? yes you are right ..as age makes it way forward it takes longer to heal .no news crews tomorrow ..as for the anti vaxers ..I wonder if we hadnt of had the jabs ,how many more would have died ..talking about handrails ...when I got home after my brain blew up and my balance went they fitted a handrail up the stairs ,its amazing how Ieven now use it .so get that handrail up !!

hya ppqp ..all good with you?yes I am dreading getting older .. once you get into a routine its ok ...the trouble is trying to let your body train your head as opposed to the other way around sitting around doesnt do good at all ..but to be fair neither does zooming around like a loony .its finding that balance.when you retire you could always come back and be either a boss or prog co-ord ..they seem to be pretty sedentary and part time .take care and be safe

hiya everyone else how are we ?
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

The Amish don’t celebrate Labor day so they’ve had yB running around all day. Even now he’s out delivering 500 ears of corn somewhere haha!
          I made my own celebration by making black bean burgers & baked some coffee cake muffins. I have to be out of here at 6 am to go wake up my grandsons & drive them to their different schools. I’ll coax them up with a nice muffin I don’t know why one of their parents can’t be there - they never tell me anything.

PQ, I think the trick to staying safe at this age is to be more mindful of what we’re doing. It used to be OK to run around like an idiot to get everything done but not so much now. I am very mindful of stepping in & out of the shower, doing flights of steps especially when carrying something, etc. stay active but be more aware of surroundings!!
          I would invest in a pair or two of compression stockings of some sort to help with that swelling & maybe talk to your doc about a diuretic.

Mick, YB is actually thinking about the railing I requested. As soon as the Amish guys are finished with their fields they look for other work so it will probably be one of them doing the job.
          After damn near killing myself falling down a flight of steps I am super careful & always use the railings. Good luck with your new van, I’m sure it will be super comfy & very smart looking.

Cyn, are you OK? :hug:

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I laughed out loud about your suggestion of coming back as a boss or prog coord. No you don't need a 2nd van, let it go. LOL Bet you're excited about tomorrow.

Lav...stepping in & out of the shower was the first thing I was mindful of. LOL Stairs was number 2. I won't carry the laundry basket of towels downstairs anymore. I'm glad I just have to get myself up and off to work tomorrow and I don't have to be there till 9am! You are a good grandma.

TG...thinking of you and hoping no news is good news.

Shout out to Det, Sam, Pauly & Pi. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...one of the hottest days we have had....picked the van up this morning ..we have spent ll day sorting out putting stuff back in and my back is aching now ..but we have everything in it ..I said to Julie before ,I aint putting all this sh.t ack in ...she has just said to me ..so what was it that you never put back in ..Pondering it the following did not make it ..

a sock ,2 bags of sweets a mat ,a shoelace a jacket 2 aaa batteries and a book ...oh and a pair of glasses .

hiya Lav .how are you today then ...how did the burgers turn out then?hope that they were ok .I still run around like an idiot ..its just that I get lesss done because Ive forgotten what I was supposed to do ..hence the need for lists!!YB considering putting a rail up ..considering ??? he obviously hasnt done a risk assessment in his head ..the balance of no rail and you slipping and the resulting outcome for him..versus getting one of his mates to do it ..to me thats a nonstarter..the rail would have been up yesterday!!In the meantime have a good day

hi ppqp..hows you then today ..hope all is well.how are the part timers doing?the boss and crew.hope you day was at the speed you wanted it to go ...hope you have a lovely day...

teegee hope all is well x

Comment

Good evening friends,

First of all I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PAULY!!
                Check in & let us know what’s going on with you.

I am tired but I accomplished my mission this morning. I got up at 5 am when it’s still completely dark outside, ugh. Got the boys to their schools on time, that’s all that counts
                I ended up going back into town later to get my hair cut, it was time.
                I’m hearing about another strong storm system moving in here tomorrow evening ~ swell.

PQ, hope your day was good & without conflict.
                I’m glad we’re all looking out for our own safety. The last thing I want to do is become dependent on other people, no way. I don’t make a very good patient, go figure haha!!!

Mick, time to rest your back now so you can enjoy your new home away from home on wheels
                The problem with YB is he has to overthink everything. In the meantime I will look out for myself, even if it means I have to slow down to teh speed of a slug, Lol. The railing will get done, eventually.

Cyn, we’re thing of you with much love.

Hello to Det, Sam, Pie & the birthday girl Pauly.

Have a nice evening all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

It was basically a good day but felt a little bit longer than I would have liked it. Same old listening to people bitch that the boss and Program Coord aren't doing enough, bridge group wondering why they can't start again when other communities have had their programs running for a month, etc., etc., etc.

Mick & Lav...glad all is good with you guys. I am bushed, can't quit yawning and need to get these eyes closed. I will post better (how's that for grammar) tomorrow.

Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all ...how are we then? hope everyone is well .another lovely day here again .took the rabbits down this morning to their hotel ..whilst I was there the lady came out holding a dog ,(theyboard all sorts of anmals )this poor little thing had fallen down a stairs and was paralysed in the back.it was alovely thing but couldnt stand up .but was trying .the place I go also does physio and hydrotherapy for animals ..and it was making progress.I would be lying if I said that I didnt have a lump in my throat .
                    We are away tomorrow, originaly we were going up to Northumbria ,which is 180 miles there ...not sure my back would have taken it so we are going to a site in Staffs ..thats only 50 odd miles away..its about getting used to the van .
                    just looked at the weather for tomorrow.

.thunderstorms . this isnt one youve sneaked over to us is it Lav ????? Im an excellent patient ....not!!

ppqp..hows you then? hope all is well in canadia ..

pauly ...wished you happy birthday on facebook ...

teegee you ok??

Comment

Greetings friends,

Awaiting another storm that we do not need. This one also has the potential for a tornado the weather people are telling us, crap.
                      My neighbor handed me a dozen apples yesterday she had just gotten at the produce auction so today I cooked them up in some vegan butter with cinnamon & nutmeg - delicious!! Tastes just like apple pie without the fat from a crust. Should be good with waffles too.

PQ, you just keep referring those people to the coordinator & let her tell them why they can’t have what they want. Not your circus, not your monkeys
                      I think the hay fever season is at it’s peak which generally makes me feel lethargic. All the farmers are cutting their hayfields now. Hope my energy returns soon, haha.

Mick, wishing you a safe trip in your new van. Maybe the weather forecast will be wrong, I hope.
                      I’m with you, I hate to see animals suffering too. I hope your bunnies enjoy their vacation spot as usual.

Cyn, thinking of you :hug:

Hellos going out to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Don't know what got into me yesterday being so tired but I did end up having a great sleep. Forgot what that felt like. LOL Boss never made an appearance today. His early morning email was he wouldn't be in the office this morning and would check in later. Didn't hear anything from him. Prog-Coord all over me when I walked in this morning (since the boss wasn't coming in I went for breakfast first. LOL) about stupid seniors that couldn't sign up for her programs. The 2 seniors that did come to the community centre I just said come on in, we'll sort it out. Pissed the prog-cord off and I didn't care, whatever happened to customer service?

Mick...I'm a succor for sick animals. Sure she wasn't trying to talk you into taking him? Those peskies must get the 5 star treatment with all their returning visits. It's probably wise that you changed your holiday destination, no need to tempt fate. I hope the van is all you want it to be.

Lav...I heard about the possible tornado on the news driving home and thought, just what Lav needs! Your apple recipe sounds yummy. I wish I was one of those cooks who could make anything from nothing. I'm one of those that measure everything out, follow every step and it still comes out yucky. Yup, I tell everyone to contact prog-coord or the general manager. I think the board got another round of pissed off emails from the bridge group. Aw, maybe that's why he didn't come into work today. Hay fever would be a tough one with all those fields around you. Hope you get your energy back soon too.

Treating myself to baked mac&chees, chicken and salad. I miss Det's and Pauly's meal suggestions.
                        TG...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
                        Sam...are you busy getting ready for the fall?
                        Pi...I'm always thinking of you too. Pop on in whenever you want.

Wishing everyone a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I seen the shoutout on fb,thank you and enjoy your trip Lav,the apples fried in cinnamon sound really good, I haven't had an apple in year for some reason haha,PQ,glad you finally got a great night's sleep,those are called unicorns cuz they're extremely rare these days and non existing practically our owner is gonna sell the shop cuz he took too much of a hit during covid lockdown and can't get business back,who knows if that place will ever recover, I rarely do the grocery delivery anymore cuz gas is so damn high here,it's just not profitable to me anymore,plus it's been hot as literal hell, hope Cyn is OK,Lav can you reach her another way? Hopefully she's just really busy and all is good, wishing us all a great BF day!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya all.hope we are well. As we speak I'm in the van.. it is thunderstorms galore..just got here in time. It was a nice drive..
                            Pauly great to see you..was wondering how you were. Its nice to see you

Hiya ppqp how's you after unicorn sleep,glad you feel better. So the prog.coordinator was all over you like a rash?why did she come whining to you?sort her own issues out
                            Nope she didn't offer me the dog but in all honesty if she had if I would have struggled to say no. The site we are at is quiet..suits me just fine. You take care

Hiya lav..Nice thought about the weather..failed though at least the van doesn't leak!it's great having the bed made up as opposed to having to put the seats all together and climb every where.think they would struggle to cut crops here. Have a great evening.

Hiya teegee How are you? Where are you? Hope you are ok

Right good people take care

Comment

Evening greetings folks,

Well I had my cardiology appointment today, I’m still alive haha.
                              He’s changing my meds, told me to increase my activity from 30 to 60 minutes/day & basically lose some weight. I never would have let the extra weight come on if I could have stopped it, haha! Anyway I’ll see what I can do . I do have to have an echo cardiogram done at the hospital as soon as I can get it scheduled then go back for another visit. Sounds like a plan.

PQ, anyone who thinks seniors are ‘stupid’ just because they are older really has no business being around them. I have had some of the best conversations with older folks & love their stories about when they were young. The tornado never really touched down last night but did do some damage 2 counties north of here. This weather scares me sometimes. Good jub turfing off the complainers to the coordinator, LOL

Mick, I did NOT send you that weather, I promise!!!
                              I’m happy that your new vehicle passed the dryness test. I hope tomorrow is completely better so you can get out to explore a little.

Pauly, good to see you. So work is a non-starter these days, that’s a shame. Keep your eyes & ears open, something will open up. I hope everyone is happy & healthy in your clan

Hello to Det, Sam & PIe.

Cyn, hope you are OK :hug:

Have a good evening all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X