X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September 12

Hey kids!

Here’s the new thread for the week

Nothing exciting going on with me today. I have been outside cleaning up some garden beds. The heat & humidity are due to return this week so I guess I’ll be back inside hiding. In the AC.

Cyn, I am so grateful that you are OK after your excitement. Please take good care :hug:

Hello to Mick, PQ, Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie.

Wishing everyone a nice night!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Re: September 12

MAE ALL...

Thanks for the new thread Lav...we could see snow by the end of the week. LOL

TG...so good to hear from you, I've been worried. Sorry to hear about your ordeals and glad you are ok.

Dealing with some family issues this weekend so apologies for not checking in. That, the covid crap, and boss resigning has got me spinning. I just keep telling myself I can't control what others do only how I react to things. A lot of deep breaths and being good to myself.

Hope you all have a peaceful night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all ...well thats it,time to go home ...its been a good shakedown for the van ..few things to sort out but nothing major....its raining so will take it easy going home ..then depending on what time will pick up the rabbits .I tried to post on here yesterday ,but couldnt get the internet till late on ...not just this site but the internet in total .Im using my phone to hotspot..and it cold spotted!

teegee great to see you..and congratulations ...you are now a fully fledged member of the "casualty thread "the place where we trade injuries and discuss meds !!!seriously though ,gld you are doing ok now .

ppqp,snow by the end of the week?keep it over there ta muchly .Deal with the things you can deal with ,some you can't ..it separating the stuff we can and cant fix a lot of us have that problem ..dont let them overwhelm you...remember the little boxes?

hiya lav how are you then? hope you are ok .so you havent had an exciting day? nothing wrong with watching paint dry once in a while .!!take care .

hiya det pauly sam pie etc ...hope you are all doing good ...
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn good to see you and I'm sorry about your accident! Thank god it wasn't worse though sheesh,we took a quick trip to CA over the weekend to just chill at the beach, my absolute favorite place on earth PQ,you got alot going on eeks,take some time for yourself so you're not reeling to much,Det good to see you too Mick glad you got home safe and had a nice getaway, Lav,last time I went to Applebee's it was almost $100 just for me and hubs I couldn't believe it! There's one right around the corner but we never go there anymore, hope everyone has a great BF day,I have a sore neck from motel beds yuck hope it goes away fast,much love sent
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings friends,

Getting warmer & more humid just as promised. So what did I do? I baked bread, haha! Found a new recipe for whole grain spelt bread, it’s cooling on the rack now, smells good

PQ, keep those deep breaths going. It’s true, we cannot manage anything or anyone but ourselves. Taking the best care of ourselves is all we’re expected to do.
          I can’t believe you have snow in the forecast, geez that is early!!!

Mick, hope you’re home safe & sound. Glad the trip was good except for a bit of rain.
          I actually prefer to have a few days per week where I don’t have anything special to do, haha! Gives me time to think

Pauly, you should pack your own pillow when you travel. I’ve been know to do just that, hate the neck pain.
          Your local Applebees must be charging city rates or something. We’ve never spent that much to eat there, especially with no booze. Who knows? Glad you were able to get to the beach for a few days.

Cyn, hope you’re feeling a little better today & taking good care :HUG:

Hello to Det, saw your fancy cabin pics - very nice!

Hello to Sam & Pie.

Have a decent night all!

Lav

PS: the smoke from the wildfires out west have reached us again making things a bit hazy, ugh.
          Last edited by Lavande; September 13, 2021, 05:25 PM.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Heya ABerooooodles near and far!

Walking funny after a particularly tough but good workout at the dojo last night. I taught the first hour which was fun and different.

cyn, didn't hear about accident..? xxxxx hugs! my grandma is in hospital with a broken hip but so far, so good.

Lav, how did the spelt bread turn out? I'm interested in that recipe if it's a winner

Pauly, I hate eating out as it's so expensive and usually disappointing at the same time. Of course the wee-one prefers to always eat out. I recently made tuscan braised chicken
            with olives and fennel in a light broth which was super yummy, and she...... she..... (a hem...) put ketchup all over it! sometimes I just want to dig a hole and retire in it for a bit.

had car trouble on Sunday but thankfully a couple of hours of barked knuckles and I got her back in shape

Mick, grand van adventures on the horizon?

well, off to business networking group, then a photoshoot of a condo, then some kind of healthy food that pairs well with ketchup.... grrrr

be well loves!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hiya all, how are you today then?everyone doing good?hope so.
              Raining today, Julie back in work so waved goodbye �� from the doorstep..
              Away soon again.
              Hiya det..How's you doing apart from that John Wayne walk!healthy grub and ketchup?oh well..glad you are doing good mate

Hiya lav..got home safe and sound. Bit of rain but that's about it. How are things with you?hope all good with you and yours.is today a busy doing nothing day?

Hiya pauly...how are you today?hope all is well. Like you I take my pillow wherever I go the number of pillows I have tried is unreal hope you have a good day

Hiya ppqp are you doing OK? Hope all is well in albertasville

Hiya teegee How are you today then.how are the injuries?take care of yourself.
              Right folks look after yourselves

241691712_10221121545203657_2388078989386931566_n.jpg
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mick; September 14, 2021, 10:56 AM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Well summer has returned with all it’s heat & humidity ugh!
                We had to go back to the old home town today, YB had a meeting at the fire company. I took a drive around town while he was at the meeting. 18 years since we left there & everything is basically unrecognizable. We both grew up there, raised our kids there & now it’s just a damn mess. I drove past the house we sold 18 years ago when we came here & wanted to cry. We bought that house in 1985 from a couple of 80 year olds knowing that it needed a lot of work. We put the blood, sweat & tears & tons of money into fixing up that house & sold it at a good profit. It looked so good when we left & now it’s almost unrecognizable. The current owner has been (illegally) parking heavy work trucks in the long driveway & has ruined it - all you can see is two long ruts all the way to the back. Everything is overgrown & just nasty looking, how sad. I can’t imagine buying a house & just trashing it like that, WTH??
                Anywya, everything else is fine.

Det, the spelt bread is semi OK. I need to tweak that recipe a bit before sharing it with anyone. It has a crumbly texture, not good for toasting. Taste was good, just need to figure out how to improve the texture a bit. I’ll give you a hint about the ketchup - buy an unsalted bottle, Heinz if you can find it. It has a sweeter flavor & everyone who eats here prefers it, Lol. My grandson put ketchup on grilled chicken this past weekend, Lol

Mick, rain at your house? How unusual, haha!
                So is Julie happy to return to work at this point, retirement is coming soon

Hello to Cyn, PQ, Pauly, Sam & Pie. Thinking of all of you!

Have a good night all.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for not checking in yesterday, had a sleepless night Sunday so came home early Monday and ended up sleeping 13hrs! Boss has basically checked out, oh wait he never really checked in. I find it so frustrating not knowing what I can or cannot do as far as renting for events or client programs. I will be glad when Oct 1st gets here. There's talk of Alberta going to another lock down and mandatory work from home again. Boss asked the childcare director if she wanted to be on the hiring committee for the new GM and she said yes. Thank god, someone with some sense.

Mick...glad the trip was a good shakedown for the van and things went smoothly. Hope you get at least one more trip in. You may be getting rain but they're forecasting snow for tomorrow. Not much but there's a cold front coming down. Low tonight is 33F. Going to have to rethink my wardrobe.

Det...busy as always good to hear. Sorry about the car trouble. Glad you were able to get it sorted.

Lav...it's sad when people let their property go. I won't go back and look at the house I grew up in. I know there's been lots of changes to it and I'd like to remember it the way it was. Glad everything is ok with you.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Gotta figure out dinner. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all. How are we today then?hope everyone is doing OK. Sunny here today,I've just got back From physio. Back is doing better but definitely not 100percent. Oh well it's something I have to live with I guess. Rabbits are outside doing their best to eat all the grass.

Hiya lav ..how are you doing ?hope you are good. I know that feeling when you put your heart and soul into a property...and then later on you see it ruined. Not changed..but simply ruined. I had a house in Southport and the garden was 96 feet long.I took a lot of time and trouble to keep it good but when I went back it was a complete shambles. And so the world goes round you take care.

Hiya ppqp how are you today then,?hope you are OK.dont try and think their job for them. Someone somewhere is on a larger wedge of money to fix that. Take care.

Hiya pauly det and teegee hope you are all doing good

Take care all

Comment

Evening greetings friends,

Crazy but we were socked in with a heavy fog/haze this morning thanks to the wildfires out west. The air burned your eyes & nose, yuck. Felt bad for letting the chickens out but I hate keeping them cooped up all day because they get cranky. The sun was dark orange in color, same as it was last night at sunset, weird.

PQ, I hope you don’t have to go thru another lockdown but if you do, you have experience this time. You have already figured out how it works.
                      What’s the point of the boss staying another 2 weeks? He does nothing that I can see I hope you guys find someone more interested in the job with better abilities.
                      I’ve gotten over the shock of seeing our old house yesterday, it was rather disturbing & pretty pathetic.

Mick, the people we sold our old house to are not the ones who currently live there. They came in a few years later when our buyers were transferred somewhere else. Whoever this person is he’s a real pig!
                      I’ll just never understand some people & their motives.
                      Glad your back is still improving, keep treating it like a delicate little baby

Hello to Cyn, Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie - thinking of all of you

Have a nice night all. I’m going to try to walk a little if the air has cleared enough.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad you had decent weather today. No snow for us but it rained most of the morning and the temp sat around 42F. We're going to warm up a bit for the next couple of days but I won't be surprised to see snow soon. Boss had a board meeting, first one since he resigned. He suggested we push back all rentals and programs until Nov 1st. Board wasn't too pleased with that idea.

Lav...I guess he actually has to do some work for the board now. LOL I am basically just ignoring everything, no sense worrying about it. What will be will be. The province is making an announcement tonight about covid. I don't think they'll go for a lock down but maybe implement the vaccine passport.

It was a good day today. Quiet and no drama. Hope everyone has a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all - extra hellos for the last few days as well... I have been busy busy getting corporate taxes in, finding all the receipts for the money I should be reimbursed from the festival, and researching cars...the days fly by, and I am still falling into bed exhausted, but slowly catching up. The hip is better each day... this morning I actually ran a bit to flag down the Fed Ex truck that had an important piece of mail for me!

Lav, so sorry to hear about the old house, that would be a heartbreaker... so glad that you enjoy yours now. Good luck with the spelt bread - if anyone can figure it out it's you!

Pauly, so good to hear from you, and glad that you got a little beach vacay!

Det, congrats on all you are accomplishing, and don't take girly's palate too seriously... kids, you know... best of luck to you for all your endeavors...

Mick, so glad the first trip was a success... good luck with healing your back... maybe be a little careful...? oh, never mind.

PPQ, I can imagine you are being tossed emotionally with all the work changes... stay strong! And snow? Sheesh, waaaaay too early...

Hello to all dropping by... take care...

Comment

hiya all how are we then? good I hope .another hot day over here today ..been up in the loft cleaning the railtracks ...wow a fair old job .This weekend we are going through the house ...anything we dont use is going ...Ive got all sorts of junk ...the come in handies .

hiya tee gee ...great to see you and glad you are healing well.dont be running ....but glad you are on the mend .I actually am taking it easy which is unusual for me .

hiya ppqp ...how are you ? so you had a Bored meeting ? whats he doing running anything ? he couldnt do it in the job and now he is leaving thinks he can ??I would have been mysteriously incapacitated for that meeting ...hope you dont get a lockdown.

hiya lav..how are you today?hope all is well..did you go for your walk?I need to get out ...Ive got busy couple of days then I will get myself over the moors.Garage tomorrow ,then alarm fitted to van on saturday..possibly detecting on sunday ...we will see on that one .

hiya pauly sam et al ...hope you are good .

Comment

Greetings friends,

I got a text from my oldest grandson last night at 9:30 - ‘Can you drive us to school in the morning?’ What?? OK. Last minute changes to make in my plan but got it done without any drama. My son & daughter-in-law seem to have their heads up their a$$es these days, too busy to arrange rides for their kids, geez. Had a big thunderstorm last night & we’re supposed to have another this evening.

PQ, you just may witness the boss doing more work in his last two weeks there than you’ve ever seen, Lol
                              Hope you had another drama free day. I did read somewhere today that western Canada got some snow - hope it stays away from you for now.

Cyn, glad to hear you are ticking things off your to-do list. I wouldn’t recommend running right now while you’re healing, walking fast is not too bad, haha.
                              I’m trying to think through the spelt bread recipe & figure out how to make it moister & hold together better. I’ll try again next week most likely.

Mick, the heat just doesn’t seem to want to go away & Fall officially arrives next week, weird. Must be hot up in the loft?
                              My cardiologist said to walk an hour daily so that’s what I am trying to do. I am a few minutes over already today, haha.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X