October Army 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October Army 2021

A new month so white rabbits again in fact two loads of white rabbits.

Attached Files
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: October Army 2021

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    Ach we all had our excuses...I told myself for years that my drinking escalated because my sister's were so vile...stuff and nonsense. In treatment centre big Martin used to eyeball the newbies and ask 'why do you drink?' Every imaginable excuse would come out of everyone's mouth...he'd let them drone and whine on..after much time he would look to the 'olbies ' 'why do you drink?' Little chorus of ' because I'm an alcoholic' imo unless that is 100% accepted without the often heard 'I don't like being labelled '...we're in trouble down the road
    Well said our Molls.........
    And the label thing...........we're labelled all the time..........I'm a woman, I'll soon be a pensioner, I'm a wife, I'm a mother stick on I'm an alcoholic doesn't bother me one jot.
    Accepting is the key.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Well said our Molls.........
      And the label thing...........we're labelled all the time..........I'm a woman, I'll soon be a pensioner, I'm a wife, I'm a mother stick on I'm an alcoholic doesn't bother me one jot.
      Accepting is the key.
      How right you are. I think if someone is a bit different (for instance I'm very tall as you know) instead of hunching and trying to look smaller I try to walk tall and make people realise it's not a negative. I learnt that contrary to being a negative..being a recovering alcoholic is such a positive. And...while I'm at it..I also don't have a problem with 'recovering' ..I will always be an alcoholic..and unless I follow my prescribed treatment I will unrecover!
      Morning Jackie and all else...off to James Bond tonight...can't wait!!!
      Last edited by mollyka; October 1, 2021, 04:49 AM.
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Happy October, Army!
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          How right you are. I think if someone is a bit different (for instance I'm very tall as you know) instead of hunching and trying to look smaller I try to walk tall and make people realise it's not a negative.
          Morning Jackie and all else...off to James Bond tonight...can't wait!!!
          Arra Molls yer not THAT bloody tall. I said before you are 'elegant'. It is in no way a 'negative' .... dunno where you got that.
          MrSs sister is tall - she outshone everyone at the wedding.
          She was like a Greek Goddess in an apple green long dress. She's 69 & looks fabulous. She's what my daughter & I call on the beach on holiday 'a floater'
          They just float around effortlessly in gorgeously simple clothes which seem just made for them.

While we resemble Umpa Lumpas with mismatched tops & dodgy shorts:haha:

Comment

Bringing this over from September :

Evening all ....... in bed ...... work tomorrow.
            YS is going to in-house treatment.
            We left it till he came to us sober with a genuine request for help.

He is sober 3 weeks now.
            We went down for an assessment in Aiséirí with the lovely Dave. I went in with him. Dave seemed genuinely impressed with all the things YS had tried to get sober on his own - but now admitted he couldn't beat it alone.
            If he can stay sober until first week in November we will bring him down.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Bringing this over from September :

Evening all ....... in bed ...... work tomorrow.
              YS is going to in-house treatment.
              We left it till he came to us sober with a genuine request for help.

He is sober 3 weeks now.
              We went down for an assessment in Aiséirí with the lovely Dave. I went in with him. Dave seemed genuinely impressed with all the things YS had tried to get sober on his own - but now admitted he couldn't beat it alone.
              If he can stay sober until first week in November we will bring him down.

Hey that's really good...delighted he has to stay sober till Nov.
              Quite a lot of people down there 'got it' 2nd and 3rd time round..delighted xxx

Comment

Morning all -
                Just listening to Anna Nolan - the gay ex nun on radio yesterday. She had a 'drink problem'.
                She is ok to be described an ex nun lesbian but not an alcoholic. I understand this in a way with the negative connotations attached to alcoholic in this country.
                I notice this with a lot of Irish people in the public arena will not use the word to describe themselves. Which is their right - but not helpful to others who are struggling.

A case in point Paul McGrath - a national hero & Tubridy's STUPID question ......
                Healthy looking Paul McGrath opens up about alcohol addiction on The Late Late Show - Independent.ie

This is MY opinion - I am addicted to alcohol and can probably never pick up a drink again. I am PROUD to have quit drinking - very proud. Best thing I ever did. But in my small world I choose however not to be tagged 'Satz .... she's an alcoholic' either. I am not in the the media - showing good example to thousands of followers - so I retain that right.

I have run out of things to say.

Off to work :llama:

Comment

Morning,
                  Got to be quick as we're going to buy a new washer. The old one managed to dance its way across the utility room last night.
                  I'll have a look at the link when we get back.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............thrilled for your young 'un.

My co-worker was a ex-heroin addict..............he once said the only difference between an alcoholic and a smackhead (his words not mine) was his addiction was illegal whereas mine was legal. I could swan into shops and buy my drug of choice while he had to skulk around in case he got arrested.

I really must bugger off.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Great news about young Satz, really hope that it sticks this time. What is the idea about leaving it until the 1st November? Presume it is to see if he really is serious.

Good luck with the washer buying JC. Because we bought all our electrical stuff around the same time, we had a year of replacing things one after the other.

Well done on doing the marathon Mary, great to be young. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

All quiet here !
                      Nighty nighty so .....

Comment

Night all...in bed tired and ready for sleep..talk tomorrow xx

Comment

Quiet here !
                          I'll keep me gob shut & go off to work so ........ :horse:

Comment

Morning..good night's sleep had and feeling more positive today! Mary..and MrG we're over here in October!!! In answer to your question in Sept. Mary..yes we have super-duper BB where we are going...why I don't know cos the other house we were looking at in Portumna had none at all...even Imagine hadn't wound their way down there...anyway yeah I would want it for sure...easy to say we could live off the grid...I think that could get old very quickly!!
                            Going out for lunch today ..girding my loins to back to work tomorrow

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Was awake early but decided to go on early walk with the doggies. Have a good day at work Satz.

Not sure about broadband where we are going but not there full time so it does not matter too much. In fact might be nice to have a break from it.

Fresh and breezy out there this morning. We have a pile of stuff still on the patio so need to put it all away.

Comment

Working...
                              X