3rd october.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd october.

hiya all how are we today hope all is well.Still in the van down in Wales . it is blowing a hooley ,and raining on and off .but there we go .Off out for a walk skin is waterproof .A big hello to everyone ,hope the weekend is doing ok for you .

20211003_161948.jpg

20211003_161652.jpg

20211003_151726.jpg

My wife had a right go at me for letting fireworks off when it's not even Halloween yet.
    If she keeps on, I'm going to take down the Christmas tree.

Our neighbours are into feng shui and always look for flowing lines with no clutter.
    what they fail to see is two idiots in the middle getting in the way.

Children's Science Exam Answers.
    These are real answers from school kids!

Q: Name the four seasons.
    A: Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.

Q: Explain one of the processes by which water can be made safe to drink.
    A: Flirtation makes water safe to drink because it removes large pollutants like grit, sand, dead sheep and canoeists.

Q: How is dew formed?
    A: The sun shines down on the leaves and makes them perspire.

Q: How can you delay milk turning sour?
    A: Keep it in the cow.

Q: What causes the tides in the oceans?
    A: The tides are a fight between the Earth and the Moon. All water tends to flow towards the moon, because there is no water on the moon, and nature hates a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this fight.

Q: What are steroids?
    A: Things for keeping carpets still on the stairs.

Q: What happens to your body as you age?
    A: When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental.

Q: What happens to a boy when he reaches puberty?
    A: He says good-bye to his boyhood and looks forward to his adultery.

Q: Name a major disease associated with cigarettes.
    A: Premature death.

Q: What is artificial insemination?
    A: When the farmer does it to the bull instead of the cow

Q: How are the main parts of the body categorized? (e.g., abdomen.)
    A: The body is consisted into three parts- the brainium, the borax, and the abdominal cavity. The brainium contains the brain; the borax contains the heart and lungs, and the abdominal cavity contains the five bowels, A, E, I, O, and U.

Q: What is the fibula?
    A: A small lie.

Q: What does "varicose" mean?
    A: Nearby.

Q: Give the meaning of the term "Caesarean section"
    A: The Caesarean Section is a district in Rome.

Q: What does the word "benign" mean?'
    A: Benign is what you will be after you be eight.

A young couple were on their honeymoon. The husband was sitting in the bathroom saying to himself, "How can I tell my wife that I've got really smelly feet and that my socks absolutely stink? I've managed to keep it from her while we dated, but she's bound to find out sooner or later."

Meanwhile, the wife was sitting in the bed saying to herself, "How do I tell my husband that I've got really bad breath? I've been very lucky to keep it from him while we were courting, but as soon as he's lived with me for a week, he's bound to find out."

The husband finally plucks up enough courage to tell his wife and so he walks into the bedroom. He walks over to the bed, puts his arm around her neck, moves his face very close to hers and says, "Darling, I've a confession to make."

And she says, "So have I, love."

To which he replies, "Don't tell me, you've eaten my socks."

Halloween Party
    There's a man with a bald head and a wooden leg who gets invited to a Halloween party. He doesn't know what costume to wear to hide his head and his leg so he writes to a costume company to explain his problem. A few days later he received a parcel with the following note:

Dear Sir:
    Please find enclosed a pirate's outfit. The spotted handkerchief will cover your bald head and, with your wooden leg, you will be just right as a pirate.
    Very truly yours,
    Acme Costume Co.

The man thinks this is terrible because they have just emphasized his wooden leg and so he writes a letter of complaint. A week passes and he receives another parcel and a note, which says:

Dear Sir:
    Please find enclosed a monk's habit. The long robe will cover your wooden leg and, with your bald head, you will really look the part.
    Very truly yours,
    Acme Costume Co.

Now the man is really annoyed since they have gone from emphasizing his wooden leg to emphasizing his bald head so he writes the company another nasty letter of complaint. The next day he received a small parcel and a note which read:

Dear Sir:
    Please find enclosed a bottle of molasses. Pour the molasses over your bald head, stick your wooden leg up your butt and go as a caramel apple.
    Very truly yours,
    Acme Costume Co.
    Last edited by Mick; October 3, 2021, 11:31 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 3rd october.

Hello to all -

Thanks for the startup, Mick! Sorry about the rain you are encountering... the pics look great"--

Lav, glad that your visitors, and especially granddaughter, were able to come, how nice!

Pauly, great to hear from you, yes, making plans with people is stressful! Next time I'm doing it your way!

PPQ, banner week when the boss moved on... wonderful. Hope you get some relaxed time now...

Hello to all -

I am in the middle of the US right now, visiting my brother and SIL... this is a possible next move for me, so they have helped me scope things out here... so many things to sort out. Tomorrow I head to MN, where I lived for many years... good friends there for the next couple of days.

So far all is well... ����

Take care!!!

Comment

Good evening friends,

Got a touch warm & humid today, oh well. Had a great visit with the family & my granddaughter made us a delicious vegan lunch - ‘sausage’ rolls & salad. She’s 11, awesome

Mick, sorry about the weather but at least you got a rainbow

Cyn, glad you are safe & enjoying your family :hug:

Quick hello to everyone else & I have to run out & close up the chicken house. Dark before 7 pm, geez.
      Have a good night all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...great pics. I think the wind would bother me more than the rain. It does look like you get some sun so jump out there when you have the chance.

TG...glad to hear all is good with you. Nice that you're at you brothers and SIL. I guess you can pretty much pick wherever you want to end up.

Lav...I know this getting dark by 7pm sucks. I'm not ready for it. It was 32F this morning and frost on the windshield.

Will pop back after work. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all how are we then..hope all i well just got back From a 14k walk as the rain started.back home tomorrow, but at least we have figgered the van out
          Just went on Facebook wrote a couple of messages to find out it isn't working.
          Take care all and have a good one

20211004_160724.jpg
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening all,

We had another warm & humid day here, not what you expect this time of year, oh well. I’m just back from my second walk, the dog is exhausted, hahha!!!!
            Today is YB’s birthday, next year he’ll be an old man of 70. I try to talk him into walking with me but he usually refuses. Not much I can do about that!

PQ, hope your day was good. I almost wish we were closer to frost, the heat is so bothersome to me.

Mick, is there always a rainbow in Wales? It’s very pretty & large. Sorry you’ve had so much rain to deal with on this trip. My daughter just notified me Facebook & Messenger are working again - oh joy.

Cyn, thinking of you!

Hello to Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night everyone.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad you were able to get out for a decent hike. It is nice seeing the rainbows but wish the weather had been a little nicer for you. Home again tomorrow. Are you going to try for another trip before the snow flies? I bet productivity went up in businesses all over the world with FB being down.

Lav...it was downright cold here today but I'll take it. Can't believe you're still getting heat & humidity. I think it's funny you're exhausting the dog. Happy Bday to YB. It was a good day today. The prog coord showed up for about an hour and then informed me she was working from home. One of the board members showed up at work today to deliver some documents to the accountant. He's part of the hiring committee and informed us they've had a lot of responses for the GM job and that any input from the staff would be appreciated. So she let him have it about the prog coord. LOL The President of the board then sent an email to the staff basically saying the board has our backs and included all the contact information for the board and to feel free to contact them at any time. I'm happy with the way things are, no prog coord and no boss.

Shout out to TG, Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP
              Last edited by porqoui; October 4, 2021, 06:00 PM.

Comment

hiya all ...thats us back home ...that was a bit of an iffy drive ...pouring down with rain ,it was almost horizontal, and 40mph winds ...Julie had her eyes shut part of the way .then I had to go and pick the rabbits up.
                Well ,the worldis still here, despite facebook going west for a number of hours..just shows though how much we rely on techie nowadays .

hiya ppqp …hows you then? prog co-ord working from home ? you mean stealing a living? Thats what I like to hear ...a totally unbiased board member ...tell me who not to hire .....yes!

yep I have another 2 trips to do before the snows come in ..are you going for the gm job?

hiya Lav happy birthday to yb ..what did he buy himself for his birthday?guess what the latest is ?Boris the blimp has told everyone to start getting their xmas food in early in case of shortages ..the result of that? aldi turkey crowns are selling at the rate of 1500 a day!! crazy ...never saw a rainbow this morning!!!
                the rabbits are zooming about like mad .

hiya everyone else ...hope you are well.

Comment

MAE ALL..

Mick...glad you're home safe and sound. I've driven in wind and rain like that before. Finally had to just pull over I couldn't handle it. Glad the rabbits are home and it sounds like they're both fine. I hope the weather holds up for your next 2 trips. We're supposed to get a bit of snow on holiday Monday. No, I am not applying for the GM job. Somebody else can deal with the boss's mess.

Not much to report, quiet day with no drama so that was good.
                  Shout out to the rest of the gang.
                  Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Evening greetings friends!

Well we ended up with a complete cloud cover today so it feels much cooler although the humidity remains. My hair might frizz this week but walking will be much easier haha!
                    I made a batch of low sodium tortillas this afternoon (2 mg sodium each) using part white & part whole wheat flour. I’m having fun since finding this baking powder with 0 sodium. We grilled some chicken & used the tortillas to make wraps for dinner with a side salad - pretty darn good.

PQ, you just reminded me of the days when the bosses weren’t in - they were the best! We got everything done, the patients were safe & happy, the nursing staff went home happy.
                    Now that you’ve been invited to speak up about the new GM make sure you do - loud & clear, haha! No more a$$hole bosses needed!!. I sure hope you don’t get snow so soon. I don’t mind the cold butthe snow can wait a few months, right?

Mick, glad you got home safe & sound. It’s not easy driving in weather like that especially when the other idiots on the highway don’t slow down for conditions. We have a big highway that runs up & down the entire east coast - I-95. I refuse to drive on it anymore because a few friends of mine lost their lives on that road. YB or someone else can do the driving on that road & I keep my eyes closed as well.
                    I hope you get better weather for your next two outings.

Hello to Det - loved your food pics on FB & IG!
                    Hello to Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Cyn, hope you are enjoying your visit with your family & please be careful when you get back on the road.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav...well there's always a positive side. I'm sure the dog won't mind your frizzy hair. LOL Sounds like a good meal. I've got a few questions about your cooking so will chat with you later about it. Having no bosses is like having a vacation at work where productivity soars. LOL Yes, I've been compiling my notes about my thoughts on the new GM. I will speak up. I don't think Monday's snow will amount to much, just a heads up it's coming. Hope you have a good night...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all..I couldnt get on earlier but spoke to Lav ...she managed to get straight on here.Mebbe it wasnt letting left handed people on or something ...anyways managed to get on now just before tea time ...how are we then today?all good I hope ..guess what ...the weather was poor this weekend gone ,and this week it is supposed to be lovely.
                        My next door neighbour runs a club ..he was telling me that through the fuel shortages they cant make carbon dioxide to the amount they need ,so prices have shot through the roof ..he buys a cylinder of it for £9 ..thats the one that puts the fizz in fizzy drinks ..the price is now £62 a cylinder .Yesterday 600 pigs were culled in Britain ..why ?because there are no workers for the abbatoirs etc ..and the animals are usually despatched ...(horrible word) humanely using carbon dioxide cartridges..The country is a mess ..and all you see is the straw headed fool ...problem ? what problem . anyways I have a new toy to sort out and learn about.

hiya Lav hows you then?Isnt it strange ,in years gone by in hospitals you had auxiliaries ,nurses ,sisters and Matron was God ..there were no clinical directors director of blah ...and then they did away with them ,found it didnt work and now brought them back again as well as directors and managers ..The old stuff worked..hope you have a good day .

hiya ppqp hows you then ? make hay while the sun shines !there will be a boss with a new broom soon enough !!!make sure the boss believes in the "team "ethos not the me one.take care .

hiya Sam teegee pauly etc ..hope you are all well ..anyone ever hear from pie?

Comment

Greetings friends,

Besides chatting with Mick today I also managed to produce a low sodium potato salad (no mayo) & baked a fresh mango coffee cake, also low sodium & delicious!
                          YB said he liked the potato salad but it was ‘bland’ & needed salt haha. He’ll never get it, never. Got my hour of walking in & did a few loads of laundry. How exciting is my life????

PQ, you’re right about my dog - she loves me no matter what I look like Haha!!
                          I agree, people are usually more productive at work when they’re not being micro-managed by some higher paid fool!! You’re not the boss of me!!!!
                          I hope the snow holds off, it’s just not time for that yet.

Mick, we are in deep do do here in the US as well. Prices are up on everything, supply chains interrupted & no real relief in sight. We are being advised to do our Christmas shopping extra early. Christmas is 80 days away, ugh. The whole meat production thing bothers me in the best of times but now it just makes me want to eat more vegan. I’m good with that, honestly.

Cyn, hoping you are OK & safe.

Hello to Det & Pauly, Sam & Pie wherever you are.

Have a nice night all.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I read back to see if I missed something, what new toy? Wow, that's some price hike. Our gas is going up like crazy as well, good thing I don't really drive anywhere. I agree, I think the ability to manage and nurture a team is very important. So our weather was nice last week and it's turning this week, we appear to be opposites again.

Lav...oooh potato salad, haven't had that for awhile. Speaking of food the childcare director and I went through all the food at the community centre and loaded up a pile of close to expiring commercial size cans and jars of things like beans, cranberry sauce, olives, pickles etc. She is going to drop it all off at one of the homeless shelters. My day was quiet but frustrating. The program coordinator showed up and stayed. As a matter of fact I left her there and came home early. To be fair it is the last day of our Farm Stand (farmers market), just don't know why she felt she had to stand around all day.

Waves to TG, Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all how are we today then?hope all is good .a quiet day here today .sshhhhh not a lot going on.a few jobs done. Rabbits are outside munching the grass

Hiya lav how are you today then? Hope everything thing is doing ok.so you are suffering shortages too? Mad isn't it.thats it ..make healthy food and lash it full of salt. Did you get your hour in today?

Hiya ppqp..How's you then?OK l I hope. I set you a message with the noo toy on it. how's life being your own boss?

Hiya everyone else how are we doing?

242869705_4167398230048642_5465081236653294203_n.jpg
                              Last edited by Mick; October 7, 2021, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X