Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10th October

MAE ALL...

Thought I'd start up the new thread as it seems Mick is off detecting.
    Nice quiet weekend here and I'll be heading out to pick up my Turkey Meal Kit in a little bit.
    I'll let you know how it works out.

Have a great Sunday all...:smile:PPQP

Re: 10th October

Greetings everyone,

PQ, thanks for the startup & Happy Thanksgiving to you
    I don’t know what I’m doing about Thanksgiving here this year, skipping it sounds like a good idea haha.

We have some rain moving in now so I had to skip my after dinner walk. I’ll get on the treadmill in a minute.
    I’m going to meet old friends for lunch tomorrow, looking forward to that. We’re getting older & I wonder how many more times we can do this gathering. One will be leaving to go back to Florida shortly, I haven’t seen her in 2 years, geez.

Mick, hope you detecting was fruitful today!

Cyn, whereabouts are you?

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hiya all how are we then? Was missing yesterday as I was out detecting all day that is the second time in 19 months. Never found much but it was a grand day out.Im definitely not a socialite but we certainly need interaction with others
      Car to garage today brakes need doing..quite important methinks.
      Telly is full of chrimbo adverts eeeeeek
      Hope everyone is doing OK teegee, pie,Sam,pauly,det,and all the others I know and have known on here

An engineer and an anti-vaxxer were walking through the woods when they came upon a bridge across a crocodile infested river.

The anti-vaxxer asked the engineer "What are the odds of us making it across that bridge safely?" The engineer took out his calculator and his tape measure, did a structural analysis and said "99.7% chance we'll make it across that bridge safely."

The anti-vaxxer responded, without even thinking "Forget that, I'm swimming!"

An Englishman, a Frenchman, a Spaniard and a German were watching a street performer doing some juggling. The juggler saw that the four guys were struggling to see him so he stepped on top of a crate and called out to them, "Can you see me now?"

The said,
      "Yes",
      "Oui",
      "Si",
      "Ja".

I called hotel management from my room and said, "Please come quickly, I'm having an argument with the wife and she says she'll jump out of the window."

"That's a personal matter." Answered the manager.

"Fck you," I shouted, "the window won't open so that's a maintenance matter."

According to Sky News, William Shatner's trip into space with Blue Origin has been delayed by wind.

Well what do you expect when you're dealing with a 90 year old man?

When my dentist told me I needed four extractions, I explained that I couldn't afford to pay for the treatment so he told me to lie on the floor.
      What happened next was just a kick in the teeth.
      Last edited by Mick; October 11, 2021, 12:16 PM.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Just waiting for the chickens to go in so I can close up the coop for the night. I met 2 friends for lunch today & it was a nice afternoon out.

Mick, sorry you didn’t find anything but I bet it was nice seeing friends!
        I have to agree that getting new brakes from time to time to time is kinda important, haha!!
        We haven’t started with the Christmas ads yet ~ I can wait!!!!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Oy ABeroooos! goodness am I behind or what? blipping around like a real nutjob but that's good since it means work. only got Sunday off, but made a grand haul at the farmers market which was
          just great.
          Mick, so glad you got out detecting, regardless the outcome. I looked at a train store the other day and thought of you.
          Lav, PPQ, great to see you as always
          weather is certainly going bonkers all of a sudden. unexpectedly drove through a snow storm on Sat morn.... wow.

hard freeze/snow warning for tonight so I've pulled in what plants I can and trimmed off the green tomatoes... oh well. we'll see here.

feeling tired and a bit stressed, but making myself go to martial arts class tonight so I spose I better get my stuff together.

be well loves!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all ...how are we all? everyone good?Was out with myfriend this afternoon learning about the drone ..Awell worthwhile afternoon.there is a lot too learn ,but Im sure I will get there ..Im at the dentist tomorrow ...typical ,tooth has been bothering me for ages ,got an appt for tomorrow ..and yep you know the last line!!no pain no more .Raining today ,but it cleared up this afternoon .

Det ...man nice to see ya ..what have you been up to then?yes Im still messing with the trains ..they were dormant for a while ,but I havent got enough hours in my day .glad you did well at the market....hope the frost doesnt chop your plants ..

hiya lav ,how are you then?hope all is good with you ..now as for chrimbo ....

245055757_10157947833577102_8978182349115712862_n.jpg

yes the brakes are kind of necessary ..glad you had a good time with your friends ..

hiya everyone else? hope all is well..
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Ended up not having the turkey until Monday. It was very tasty but way too much food. One of the boys ended up staying out at his place and they had a group outdoor gathering. Too cold for me.

Lav...nice that you were able to meet up with your friends on Monday. I find it strange trying to judge time past with the last 18 months a blur. I hope the chickens didn't stay up too late for you last night. LOL

Mick...I totally agree with interactions with others. Thinks that's why I'm still coming into work. Back to the dentist again! That's exactly what happens with me and dental appointments. I'm glad you were able to have your drone lesson today. I'm sure you'll get it, patience and practice.

Det...glad you were able to get to the farmers market on Sunday. Ours are all shutting down for the season. Wow, we haven't had a snow storm yet. A little bit of the white stuff on Sunday but it didn't last. I hope you enjoy your martial arts class tonight.

Trying to keep remembering it's Tuesday not Monday. LOL Have a great night all....:SMILE:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Busy today with all sorts of cleaning, organizing & trying to determine what i need to get done before the craft fair on the 22nd. I have a lot of stuff in storage I can take, just will be making some Hallolween themed pillows I think. Got my 1 hr plus walking done, i actually look forward to it now because I feel better when I get back. Go figure, Lol

Det, good to see you & I same your farmer’s market haul ~ nice
                I heard about the snow in the Utah mountains, we are heading into 80+ degree weather here, ugh. Keep up with you MA classes, they’re good for you.

Mick, drone lessons, cool. YB hasn’t flown his lately & I don’t know why. Possibly his short attention span? Haha
                Why is Coca cola such a big part of the holidays anyway? I haven’t touched the stuff in over 20 years haha!

PQ, doesn’t matter what day you eat your turkey. We had our holiday meal 2 or 3 days late some years because of our work schedules & the kids didn’t care.
                I haven’t been out to close up the chickens yet, I will have to take a flashlight at this point,

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hiya all..currently sitting in the dentists waiting for the drill. Raining here this morning .really enjoyed the drone practice yesterday..set my first ever video to music today..pretty rubbish but the only way is up.hope we are all doing good today.
                  Take care all..Will pop in once my head has been filled!!!

Comment

Mae all - sorry to be away again... the drive across the country left me worn out at the end of each day... basically arrived, slept, and then got up and drove again each day. But I have arrived in CT. I bounced around to a couple of hotels at first - I had to go straight to storage and unload 3 boxes so that I can now pick up 3 more from a friend (I mailed them to her just before I left Tahoe ... I have also begun the process of going through some of the stuff in storage and downsizing/donating/shredding papers, etc. I hope to have it all moved to the Midwest before winter really hits... though it looks like it lready has?! I was so lucky with weather on my drive...

I just read back in this week - Mick, great that you are getting some detecting and train time! Det, good luck with all the jobs... very impressive that you went to your class even when worn out, Lav, good luck with getting all ready for the craft fair - I know it is such a big job. And congrats on continuing your walking - very impressive. PPQ, so glad you had a nice turkey dinner... no snow yet? I can't believe the storms in the western US. what a crazy autumn!

Wishing all well ... i will be back on track now.... cheers to all

Comment

Good evening friends,

Busy all day again, makes the time fly by quickly

Mick, hope the dental work went well for you. We seem to spend so much time looking at the dentist at this age, ugh. Hope you can get back out with your drone soon.

Cyn, glad you arrived safely :hug:
                      So you are going to settle down in the midwest? I wish you lots of luck with the downsizing & wish I could give you a hand. Take good care of yourself & schedule in some rest too.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I wasn't busy at all and the day really dragged. The day started off bright and sunny and then quickly changed dark with rainy/snow showers. Nothing sticking around and this cold front is moving off tonight, headed your way. LOL Oct 22 will be here before you know it.

Mick...I'll take my slow day to your dentist day any day. Hope it wasn't too painful or long. You're pretty ambitious putting music to your video. You're right onward and upward.

TG...no need to apologize, I bet you were glad to see CT. The timing did seem good as I was watching the weather forecasts. Back to the boxes already! I hope you take some down time soon.

I have to pop back to the community centre in a couple of hours to let a group in. That's definitely one thing I didn't miss. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing ok. Couldn't sleep much last night and ended up getting up at 4 a.m.! Elaine to my car down to the garage this morning for 8:30, and now I'm waiting for the phone call back to go and pick it up up. It was a nice walk back from the garage this morning, however it is now pouring with rain so why don't think the walk down will be as pleasant haha. I'm watching the horses in the field there are 12 new horses and the one that seems to be the boss of the whole lot is a Shetland pony who is terrorising all the bigger ones full stop certainly a case of little man syndrome.
                          Hiya teegee great to see you full stop hope everything is going ok with you you. I take it that you finally settled? Yes I managed to get some time with the trains comma and earlier on in the week I was out flying my drone or learning about it. Hopefully it will help me to take better pictures when I am on holiday take care and look after yourself

Hiya ppqp how are you today then?hope all is good. Has anything more been decided about a new boss? Or is that ongoing. Don't be in a rush to put your name forward for that one! Take care look after yourself

Hiya lav how are things with you ,yes we do spend a fair bit of time at the dentist..it feels good though how's you doing BP wise?has that settled down?no new items for yb yet?

Big shout to everyone else

16342159623297833375263540045378.jpg

Comment

Evening greetings everyone,

Well the sun finally returned after a week + absence. Heading up to 80 + tomorrow then PQ’s cold front arrives, haha!!
                            Baked up a loaf of sourdough bread with my new starter - yum. I cut the amount of salt in the recipe in half & it still tastes wonderful. I have more work to do in my shop tonight so I shouldn’t linger here too long.

PQ, I’m ready for your cold front, bring it on
                            Getting people back into the building must seem strange at this point but it’s a step back to normal.

Mick, hope you didn’t get soaked walking back for your car, geez.
                            My B/P is good morning & evening for a few days then the evening reading jumps up for no reason. I’m seeing the cardiologist again on the 25th so until then I’ll just keep doing what I’ve been doing.

Cyn, hope you are OK & wish we could all give you a hand.

Det, saw the wedding photography today ~ awesome!!! Keep working hard, you’re doing great!

Hello to Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...hope you didn't get soaked walking back to pick up your car. Nice pic of the horses. Wonder how long they'll be in the field. Is the Shetland pony white? My son had one and boy he sure was the boss. Never thought of little man syndrome. LOL Not a word about the new boss yet. Found out the old boss has been out in Manitoba, of course. Not to worry, there is no chance I'm putting my hand up for that job. I just want to know who's running the AGM in November and could care a less about the rest of it.

Lav...the sun came out for us today as well but we were only in the 40's. Still felt good though. It is nice to have some of my regular renters back in the building, I've missed them. The whole reason for the Restrictions Exemption Program is to get things back to normal and it's working. But of course the prog coord cancelled our November craft sale. It's like if she actually has to work she doesn't want to do it. I hope you're not trying to make too many Halloween themed pillows for your craft sale. Is it going to be indoors or outdoors?

Thinking of the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X