24th oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24th oct

It is 4.45 AM... so just before I leave thought I would start the fred ...good morning to yall ..hope all is good with you ,,
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 24th oct

Mae everybody, wishing us all a great BF Sunday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well good evening all!

It didn’t get out of the low 50’s today but it was sunny & dry
      I made my really good vegan lasagne today that everyone seems to like. No dairy = no bloat, haha!
      Just closed up the chicken house at 6:30, totally dark out. Winter will be here before you know it I guess.

Mick, thanks for the start up & I hope your day was productive.

Pauly, hello to you & hoping your day was good.

Cyn, saw your post on the other thread. I did email the event organizer & told her no thanks for the Nov 13 event. I think I’ll find something else to do for the late fall & winter months. Time for a new hobby?? Hope you are feeling a little better, you know we’re here for you. :hug:

PQ, what’s kept you busy this weekend?

Det, hello to you & Sam & Pie as well.

Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all - wishing all,well for a good week ahead...

I was able to work in the garage of my client/house hostess yesterday while the sun was brilliantly shining... got quite a bit done, opening and catalogueing dozens of boxes that need to be gone through. That felt good to be productive in a way that can be seen and felt.

Now raining, and a weekday, so I will go back to the "virtual" problem-solving. Trying not to be too anxious or depressed about the car Ttile issues... Crossing fingers for results today.

Went back to some meditating today... have really been away from it for a long time... hoping it will help calm my "monkey mind"...

Wishing all well. Stay warm and dry, and enjoy the sun if you can catch some!!!

Comment

hiya all how are we then today? Hope all is well. Yesterday wasn't my best day ,not through detecting ,but my stomach was as rough as anything .the night before ,I had some frozen Mediterranean veg ,I cooked it ,but it didn't seem right ,and yet I still ate it .Yesterday my stomach was rough as anything ,details of which we will leave ...I never ate anything at all yesterday .Feel a lot better today though .I found 3 roman bronze coins ,a Harrington farthing ,and a Roman brooch ..its about 1700 years old ..its a knee type fibula. Now don't get carried away with the word brooch. The Romans used them in all sorts of manner ..from practical as like safety pins to ornamental and decorative .Its in solution at the moment .

hiya teegee ,,how are you then today? any sign of the car documents? Dont let them phase you out .Contorl what you can not what you cant ...believe me that's a difficult acceptance .!take care

hiyapauly ,how are you then? hope all is going well with and for you. how's the family …including the animalz doing? take care .

hiya Lav ...low 50s for us would be a bonus...hows you then? all good hopefully .yep winter is def on its way in ...we change the clocks next weekend ..We are away in the van in a couple of weeks ..just somewhere local, but the site backs on to the East Lancs Railway ,a heritage railway ,so the steam trains are up and down all the time ...and yes we have booked tickets on it .have a nice day .

hiya ppqp ...how are you doing then? hope all is good with you..

take care everyone .

Me - You almost ready?

Wife - Just a few more minutes. What time do we have to be there?

Me - Yesterday at 7.

My girlfriend left me because I'm always going on about which foods are the best sources of vitamins.

Oh well, there's plenty of C in the fish.

My wife and I have taken four photos together in the last two years.

Meanwhile, we have ninety-three photos of our rabbits sleeping since last week.

I can’t get my usual weekly Tesco online delivery as site was hacked yesterday. How on earth did people manage to live without internet. My grandmother says people on the estate, the better off ones, used to get milk, bread and even pop delivered to their door. How did people live on that in those days? I just don’t know how I’m going to feed my family apart from the usual meals delivered from McDonalds, KFC, Dominos…….

My family always hides bad news from me. I only just found out about the death of Princess Diana.
          Oh well. Seeing Michael Jackson at the O2 next week should cheer me up.

In other news, Flat earthers arrange a global conference.

What’s the difference between football and politics?

In football you’re allowed to use your head.

"Can I have a coffee please."
          "A coffee?" he laughed, "Sir, this is Costa so you're going to have to be a bit more specific."
          "OK. Can I have a coffee please you pretentious condescending prat."

The US Navy is reportedly developing a new weapon which, went pointed at someone, renders them unable to speak.

It's a Nerf gun full of vodka.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Had internet issues all weekend so popping on at work to check in.

Mick...thanks for starting the thread. Did you send your weather my way? It just poured down with rain all day Saturday. Sorry about your tummy issues. Bet you won't be eating that particular veg again. Sounds like a decent haul for your detecting. Hope the brooch comes out nice and clean and we can see it.

Lav...well, that sucks about the fair on Friday. How disappointing. Good choice not signing up for the 13th, it'll be getting to cold. They're calling for snow on Saturday, of course because it's Halloween on Sunday. Can't really complain about the weather, it's going to 55F today. Last year it was -1F.

TG...it sounds like you made some headway. It's always nice to see results of your work, like cutting the grass. LOL Deep breaths about the car title, it'll get sorted.

Pauly...sounds like its been a little cold in Vegas. Hope all is good with you.

Time to get my day started. Have a good one all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Saw the cardiologist today & got the results of my Echocardiogram - I’ll be around for a while, haha!!
              Nothing major going on in there apparently & the source of the recently discovered murmur is a result of mitral valve regurgitation. It’s classified as ‘slight’ & probably won’t get any worse (so he says). B/P is not perfect yet but he’s satisfied it’s going in the right direction SO, as I said, I’ll be around for a while longer

Cyn, glad to hear from you & that you’re making some progress. Restarting your meditation practice is a greta idea & the best way to quiet the monkey mind. Try not to worry about the car title, you’ve done all you can do, right? We’re expecting a nor’easter to arrive here sometime tonight so tomorrow is going to be a stay inside day.

Mick, sorry about the stomach issue, yuck.
              Congrats on the findings Sunday - sounds very cool! Take good care & watch what you eat dude

PQ, sorry about your snow forecast. That stinks for the trick or treaters
              I hope everything else is oK with you.

Hello to all & wishing a nice night for everyone.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good news, home from work and internet is up and running.

Lav...glad to hear that you'll be sticking around for awhile. LOL Things are OK, just seem to be in that never ending "hurry up and wait" stage. Things will be better once the new GM is hired. We'll all be busy training him. All the Covid government subsidies have ended so it's going to be a struggle getting rent money out of the boys. And now they're putting snow in the forecast. Oh well, life goes on.

Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Morning all -

Mick, your "finds" sound awesome! Congrats! Amazing you could hang in there with a bad tummy - hope that is better today. - and also congrats on the getaway, sounds lovely to be right by the trains.

Lav, so glad to hear the good news (or at least not-bad news) on the heart test. That must be a relief. Very glad that you will be around a good long time!

PPQ - your icon animals winked at me! It's my lucky day... Remember when Lav had the purple?dinosaur? icon?always felt very lucky when it winked at me...

Pauly, hoping all is well with you and the family - I haven't seen the forecast for LV... are you getting any of this torrential rain down there?

Det, how's it going? Hoping that it has cooled off for you around there, but not too cool ...

Rained cats and dogs all night here, after a cloudy day yesterday... so I must be grateful that at least the big storms didn't come until in the night. I called the DMV again yesterday, and first got a fright when the person couldn't find the title at all... but then she finally came back on the line said that the out-of-state titles were being put in the system yesterday, so I have a little hope that maybe, maybe it got input... will call again today. Walking in the rain to get supplies doesn't sound so fun. Fortunately they play great "standards" on Hold... so I have a little singalong while I wait for the 15 or 20 minutes I wait...

Stay warm and dry all -Sam, hoping that the weather is okay for you down there - take care all -

Comment

hiya all how are we today then? hope all is well with everyone .started off with rain this morning ,but it has faired off .been up in the loft sorting out some of the track on the railway .the time just seems to fly up there .Rabbits ar out enjoying lunch .

hiya lav ...good for you hanging around for a good while yet? excellent me too .I didnt work all those years to rip me off for my pension !!Yep stomach is a lot better today ...it certainly helped in my diet programme! You take care .

teegee how are you then? Hope all is well with you and you are getting some sort of handle on normality. Glad you can get a bit of a sing song on your phone ...all we get is "your call is very important to us please hold on ...hope the car thing gets sorted out for you .

hiya ppqp..welcome to Lancashire weather ..hope all is well ...or as well as possible now they have binned the subsidies .they did that here too.,but there was a replacement of sorts Im sure ,how's work doing ..any more totally unbiased walk arounds by prospective candidates?you take care .

hiya pauly you well?

right folks have a good one .

Comment

Good evening friends,

The rain total last night was 3.5”, more coming later tonight.
                      Walked a little this morning then quit due to increased foot pain. Just ordered myself a small, foldable stationary bike on Costco. That way I can get the blood pumping without full weight bearing on my achy feet. Getting old is painful sometimes, haha!!!

PQ, I feel like there’s more I want to do in this life but not sure what it is yet. So I better keep myself as healthy as possible in case I figure it out, Lol
                      I hope your new manager can walk & chew gum - if you know what I mean

Cyn, I sure hope that car title comes thru soon, geez! We shouldn’t be losing sleep over stuff like that.
                      You keep yourself warm & dry, please :hug:

Mick, I think we are too stubborn to be dismissed yet, haha!! I fully intend to collect all the Social Security I can get. My pension is invested making me some money while I fool around & I am grateful for that

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie. Check in when you can folks.

Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...LOL, I forgot they winked. I've only known Lav with the current icon but purple dinosaurs sounds great. We've been rain free since Saturday, knock wood. Friday will be a different story. Hope the title got put in the system today and you can cross that one off your list. I prefer no music when I'm on hold, mind you I'm usually at work and can multi task.

Mick...glad the tummy is better but I don't recommend it as a diet routine. Pretty soon you'll be spending a lot more time up in the loft. When are you two heading out again? The replacements they put in place are basically available if we go to another lock down. Businesses are really hurting trying to hire staff so I can understand it's time. Yup, another totally unbiased walk around by a prospective candidate today. I never met him but those that did weren't impressed. Oh well.

The accountant has lost her mind. One of the last things the boss did was cut our sick days back by 5 days. The assistant childcare director just found out her 21 month old granddaughter has stage 4 cancer and the tumor has wrapped around her spinal cord. She went to her daughter's house in Lethbridge Tuesday afternoon and by Thursday the doctor transferred them to the children's hospital in Calgary, the outcome doesn't look good. The accountant took it upon herself to mark her paystub with 5 sick days. Not the right number of days and not her job. If I was feeling sorry for myself the other day I'm not anymore. Then the accountant informed us the old boss has asked for some financial documents and she sent them to him. WTF, he doesn't work here anymore!

So I will continue to keep my head down, keep my mouth shut and hope things get resolved sooner rather than later.

Hope we all have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good afternoon everyone and how are we today then question mark hope everyone is well. it is a very dark afternoon over here, it looks like storm weather but as yet nothing. Very windy no chance to fly the drone today. Instead I was in the loft messing about with the trains again full stop the amount of dust that has gathered up there is unbelievable, I have to take all the figures and little bits and pieces and the vehicles off the scenery and Hoover it all up. My back was starting to play me up again this morning so I've taken things a little easy.

Hiya lav how are you today then? Have you been on the bike today question mark is this instead of going for your walks or as well as? Yes you are right we will be around for a good one yet my intention is for every year that I worked for the prison service I won't a year pension out of them. Once I've got that then I will go onto the army so all in all working on that Theory I will be around for the next 25 years haha. I think you got our share of the rain as well comma can we have it back when we run short? I have been messing about trying to get music as background music too when I start taking video footage. I came across a great artist called Cody Francis absolutely brilliant music full stop take care look after yourself

Hiya ppqp how are you doing? Hope all is well with you. That is sad to hear about the child care directors granddaughter. Another place I have visited in the dim and distant past Lethbridge. I think your place in life is to look after you let the rest worry about themselves and fight it out and when it all goes pear-shaped you can't get the blame for any of it full stop though I don't see why The ex boss wants any documentation not unless he's planning to take something to a tribunal somewhere? And try and claim compensation for something. Best out of it. You take care of yourself

Hiya teegee how are you today then? are you feeling any better? Did the car documents come? Hope so

Hiya pauly how are you today? How are things with you and yours hope all is well take care and look after yourself

Did you see over here about that guy that glues his face to the motorway? He was protesting against climate change and decided a great way to do it would be to glue his face to the M25 motorway. What an absolute muppet. Does he not realise that at the release agent that they used to free him actually contained carcinogens that were released into the atmosphere full stop dingbats the world over. Right people have a great afternoon and look after yourself one and all

Comment

Good evening friends,

We’re back into sunshine & blue skies today
                            I ended up meeting my daughter for lunch today as she was working at a school in Delaware only 11 miles from here. Her new job takes her to schools all over northern Delaware so it’s a longer commute for her but she’s loving the new job. We can meet up frequently now & I really love that.

PQ, that is so sad about the young one, poor baby. Why do these things happen? It just doesn’t make any sense. Prayers for that family :hug:
                            I can’t believe that guy is asking for anything, let alone financial documents after leaving the company. He should be told to buzz off, haha!!
                            The rest of you deserve a really decent manager, a team player for a change! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Mick, I just ordered the bike yesterday so when it gets delivered & put together I will make myself get on the thing every day. Anything to relieve the foot pain, ugh.
                            I know how you feel about the pension checks. The hospital gave me a lump sum which i invested immediately. Social Security is a monthly deposit into my personal checking account & we are getting a raise in January, woo hoo!! My poor Mom only ever received 6 or 7 SS payments before she passed at age 65. We spend our working years paying into that fund so we deserve to get it back. Certain politicians have borrowed from the SS fund over the years when they weren’t supposed to be able to touch it so we are worried a bit. I want every single penny back that I dutifully paid into the fund
                            Have fun with the inside cleaning projects. I walked around the yard today taking pictures if things still blooming including lilac & forsythia. Those poor plants are confused.

Hello to Cyn, hope everything is OK.

Pauly, Det, Sam & PIe - hello!

Have a nice night all. Time to close up the chicken house - it’s dark.
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE GUYS...

It was a quiet day today, everyone played in their own sandbox. LOL The childcare director also has two grandsons 7 & 9 and the family is staying at Ronald McDonald's house. While the SIL is at the hospital the grandsons come to the community centre and spend the day. It just brings tears to my eyes when I see her hug them goodbye at the end of the day.

Mick...it was windy here today as well except at least we had the sun. Winter storm warning has been issued for Banff and I hope it doesn't move towards us. You take it easy on your old back. I agree with you, head down and mouth shut. Who knows what the ex-boss is up to. Couldn't even figure him out when he was here.

Lav...how nice to meet up with your daughter and it sounds like it'll happen more often. "Buzz off" wasn't exactly the two words I was thinking of. LOL I've been a little worried about my other son as I haven't heard from him for awhile but he just showed up to do some laundry and then is heading out to a meditation meeting. I will sleep better tonight.

Thinking of Pi, Det, Sam, TG and Pauly. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP
                              Last edited by porqoui; October 27, 2021, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X