Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

31 Oct

Happy Halloween All...

Just kicking off the thread for the week. The snow did arrive a day late but there's not much and it shouldn't stick around too long. I'm having a peaceful weekend and not thinking about work at all. Hope everyone has a great Sunday....:smile:PPQP

Re: 31 Oct

hiya all ....a real storm here,its a beauty ..I got on here earlier on ,but then everything has really slowed down ...thought it was just me but Julie has tried on her laptop too ..and its the same.really strong winds with the rain...rabbits arent impressed at all.glad the snow isnt sticking ppqp. thinking of getting a tracker fitted to the van...expensive but not as much as it getting stolen .

hope everyone is well
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy Halloween friends,

We had a few light showers earlier today but I think the kids should have a dry evening to fill their treat bags

PQ, glad you are enjoying your weekend & also glad the snow wasn’t problematic. Who needs that anyway? Ha ha!!!

Cyn, saw your post on the other thread. Good to hear about your decision to settle down in one place. It’s fun to travel but not constantly & you do want to be around your own stuff, I get that.
      The bike is good, surprisingly! It was fairly inexpensive, ordered it from Costco & put it together. My feet are seriously appreciating the rest
      The starter has provided me with two huge loaves of bread so far. I’ll probably get another loaf started in the next day or two, it’s a 2 day process because of the long resting time in the fridge 12-48 hrs (to develop that special flavor). I need to go to the Amish store & pick up more bread flour, don’t think I have a full 5 cups left in the bag. I bake the loaves in a long 13” bread pan so they’re huge!

Mick, stinky weather still there huh? Sorry about that. Hopefully it will be sunny & dry by next weekend for your trip.
      We are supposed to have 2 nights in the 30’s next week although not quite freezing yet. I’m taking the outside water can in from the chicken yard so it’s doesn’t crack (made of heavy plastic). Then I have to get the heating base out of storage for their water can inside their house. Always something to do for them, haha!

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a safe night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hidy Ho ABerooooooos! oh my, what a whirlwind as usual lately for garlic-breath. I've worked 10-days straight now which is a record for this year. Be nice to get some consistency since
        this week is looking slow, but that's ok as I have a ton of editing and marketing to do.

PPQ, thanks for booting us up. Mick, is vehicle theft a biggie in your area?
        Lav, we watched a show about really artisinal sourdough bread and now I'm wanting to give it a go even though it's not something I normally eat... still sounds fun and I adore a really good
        sourdough. I suppose I'll need to find some starter...hmmm..

Girly spent the weekend having fun with friends and it's great to see her socializing again. The two of us got dressed-up and went dancing on Sat night for the first time in a year and
        really had a blast, so that was a nice diversion.

I may even have time to get my buttocks back into the gym this week which would be grand.

any holiday adventures/pictures anyone?

be well m'loves!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

white rabbits ...hiya all how are we then today? hope everyone is doing good .weather over here is pretty brutal ,it hasnt stopped raining for ages now.the fields are flooding up pretty badly ,and it isnt finished yet .I was driving this morning ...2hts to travel 12 miles!!

hiya det ,,how's you then? All good matey? Hope so ..Vehicle theft isnt too bad but any vehicles of note are worth a punt to some of them. There have been some thefts but they aren't run of the mill vehicles.Ive got a drone now ,so hopefully I will get some decent pics and vids ..like I said no trick or treaters ,so I gave the sweets away.you have a good day.

hiy ppqp ...hows you then ...is the snow still there with you?trade you rain for snow?

hiya teegee hows you then? hope all is well with you ...

have a great day folks ..

The People's Postcode Lottery.

Discrimination against the homeless at its finest.

I went to the Cinema the other day. The man sat in front of me had his dog with him. The dog seemed to be really engrossed in the film. He was laughing and smiling throughout the movie. When the film ended I said to the owner "This might sound wired but your really seemed to enjoy that." "Yes I was surprised too, He hated the book".

hiya Lav ,hows you then ? hope all good ...so you are enjoying the bike ? good for you...weather still grim..
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, so sorry about all that rain! Sheesh! Time for it to move on!

Det, wonderful to hear from you, and congrats on having some fun in the midst of all that work... ��

Lav, thanks for looking back at my post - I hardly know what day of the week or what date it is anymore... the sourdough sounds terrific, congrats. And those chickens are so lucky to have you care for them! Glad the bike is working out, nice.

PQ, hoping your weekend was happy, and there are no surprises today...

Greetings to Pauly, Sam and all who stop by...

I really messed up my schedule, and it involved a good friend who was going to help me out by taking me to the DMV today, until I realized that the DMV is closed on Mondays, and the appointment I made is for tomorrow... for heaven's sake, I feel that I am barely functional. So I redirected for tomorrow, paid the extra taxes today so that there won't be a STOP again when I try to get the registration. Made the transportation plans, etc. etc. So, crossing fingers that I can keep my wits about myself better in the coming days. All the details are really getting the better of me....
            Wishing all well!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...you're really getting hammered with the weather. How is the back yard landscaping holding up? Just a bit of snow hanging around and our temps were a high of 32F. It's supposed to warm up for the rest of the week so it all should go.

Lav...sounds like our weather is pretty similar. Yup, it's time to switch over to winter planning. We turn our clocks back next weekend. Not looking forward to coming and going in the dark.

Det...good to see you popping in. If it doesn't rain it pours, just ask Mick. At least you've got some time to work on the other things now. Sounds like you had a good weekend.

TG...no surprised today, was actually busy with hockey registration so that helped the day go by fast. Glad you were able to sort the taxes out what a pain. I'm sure things will settle down for you soon.

Nothing new going on here. One of the boss candidates turned down the job and the other one is thinking about it. What does that mean? Maybe the ex-boss shouldn't have showed them around. LOL
              Hello to Pi, Sam and Pauly. Have a good night all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Coolish here today, no rain. Mud is in the process of drying after 4+” of rain last week, haha!

Det, wow you really have been busy, good for you!
                Get yourself a package of starter from www.culturesforhealth.com
                They have all kinds, I use the San Francisco style. I just put a half cup of starter in my oat waffle batter so we had very tasty waffles for dinner
                Glad things are going so well for you & yours now!

Mick, yep I am cycling in comfort, no bumpy roads or cold wind in my face, Lol
                I ordered some dry weather for you - should be there soon

Cyn, I think. Yuo have overworked your poor brain this past year +.
                Go easy on yourself & things will get done when they get done :hug:

PQ, yep time change this coming weekend, geez it suddenly seems real that winter will be here before we know it, geez.
                Is there anyone you know who could fill that open job who isn’t a total idiot?? Haha.

Hello to the. Missing friends & I’ll wish everyone a nice night!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hiya all..hope you are all well. I've been up all night with toothache so sitting in the dentist at the moment it's the same tooth as before so not impressed.
                  Take care all.

Comment

MAE ALL...

WOW, you'd think it was a summer day here today. Bright and sunny and about 58F. supposed to be nicer tomorrow.

Lav...The accountant informed me that the 2nd candidate has accepted the job. I believe he will start on Nov 24th. The board still had said anything and our AGM is on the 18th. So will just wait and see what happens.

Mick...Oh no, not a toothache. and especially the same one he worked on. I hope he's able to sort it out.

Nothing much else is going on. Same old. Shout out to the others, have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Looks like we’ll be having our first freeze of the season tonight.
                      Chickens are ready with their heated water base in place, just have to bring in a few plants from the deck.

Mick, sorry about the tooth issue. Man are you hard on your teeth or what???? Good luck!

PQ, looks like you’re about to see the end of the mystery of who’s the boss haha!! I hope he’s decent & works well with others.
                      I think maybe you have my previous weather - did I send it to you? LOL

Not much going on here so I’’ll just say hello to all & wish everyone a nice night!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

I got my registration and plates! Praise be. 3rd time to the DMV. So finally can get in my car and get things done...

Sending all love and all support to all - will check in again in the morning.... CHEERS!

Comment

hiya all..how are we then? hopefully all good. Had a good nights sleep. The dentist ...a different one sussed the problem...its not the tooth but the gum on the inside ofthe2 back teeth has receded exposing the nerves at times ..hence the ache ..eventually they will deaden to a certain extent but until then ,he has put a seal over the gum which is temp and then I rub ut with sensitive toothpaste every dy..clean teeth as usual but dont rinse or mouthwash after ...I usually rinse ,mouthwash air floss and water floss ...got that one wrong .Its a lovely sunny day here,there are lots of people combing the fields around this place ..someone has lost their dog ..a miniature dachshund last seen yesterday aft up here.its def not in the fields behind our house ...Ive had the drone up ,and binoculars on the fields this morning early doors ...plus 3 deer were feeding in the fields this morning they would have scattered ,the magpies were just making noise ..not giving their"invader"call or indeed chasing anything ...I ve got to go for my flu jab this morning ,so I will walk over the hills .

teegee ...have wheels will travel! well done you ..I can almost see the smiles in that post!!!!hope all is well

hiya Lav hows things? yep, the other night I gave the rabbits a hot water bottle ..bit of a freeze here too ..Wouldnt say Im hard on my teeth ..but they dont exactly lie sunbathing all day they put a decent days work in !have a good one .

hiya ppqp ...how are you then? hope all is well ..so you have got summer there too ..hope everything works out at work ...should be interesting!!!

big hello to everyone else

Comment

Good evening friends,

Not a whole lot going on here & that’s fine. Stopped in an Amish store today to stock up on flour & bread flour, great prices.
                            We did have a light freeze overnight, first of the season.

Cyn, so good you finally have your wheels back! Now you can do whatever you want to do without needing to arrange drivers.
                            I hope everything else is good for you as well.

Mick, glad you got the tooth/gum issue sorted out. You are the only person I know who goes to the dentist more often than I do, Lol. Aging is not kind to our teeth or anything for that matter.
                            I hope the missing pup found his way home. Too cold & damp to be spending the night outside, poor guy.

Hello to PQ. I hope you had a fabulous day!

Hello to the busy & madly popular Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...yes, thanks for the weather it continues to hold up. LOL Did you get your plant brought in? I hope the new guy is more community minded but at this point I'll take anyone so the accountant doesn't think she's running the show. The day was a little slow but at least no drama.

TG....so glad you got your title and plates sorted. It must be a big relief for you.

Mick...well at least it wasn't your tooth. LOL It's a really strange feeling not to rinse after brushing but I've heard that's the proper way too. Too bad your drone couldn't find the missing pup, that would have been cool. Had my flu shot yesterday, the heavy duty 65 and over dose. Arm is pretty sore today but that's all. I am relieved that we have a new boss and just praying he's the right fit.

Hello to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X