Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November Army Thread

Good morning all!
    Glad to see the back of both Halloween and October...seemed endless!

So now...calling out to many MIA....I know...I'm not the most regular poster anymore..but we do worry when there's no sign of ye...give a wee shout out to let us know you're okay..it's hard to keep the thread going without regulars. I will really commit to posting every day this month...even if it's only a wave.
    Anyone joining me? Xxxx
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Re: November Army Thread

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    Good morning all!
    Glad to see the back of both Halloween and October...seemed endless!

So now...calling out to many MIA....I know...I'm not the most regular poster anymore..but we do worry when there's no sign of ye...give a wee shout out to let us know you're okay..it's hard to keep the thread going without regulars. I will really commit to posting every day this month...even if it's only a wave.
    Anyone joining me? Xxxx
    Good morning

I’m in Molly and yes we do worry. JC had not been feeling great before she stopped posting so really hope she is ok. Bridget was doing two jobs but you are right even a wave and knowing people are ok is great. Unfortunately sometimes it can be a case of going back to old destructive behaviour and none of us want that for each other.

Love the idea of Satz never having had a drink in her new kitchen and isn’t it great that Mary has that to look forward to. It is those little reminders that we all need.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
      Good morning

I’m in Molly and yes we do worry. JC had not been feeling great before she stopped posting so really hope she is ok. Bridget was doing two jobs but you are right even a wave and knowing people are ok is great. Unfortunately sometimes it can be a case of going back to old destructive behaviour and none of us want that for each other.

Love the idea of Satz never having had a drink in her new kitchen and isn’t it great that Mary has that to look forward to. It is those little reminders that we all need.
      Agree Rusters...I too have never had a drink in my 'new' kit hen
      ....my grandchildren never knew me to drink..I think that last one would devastate me..
      Big news today..my daughter has just gone sale agreed on a house...many a slip can happen before it's fully sold as I well know but she's very excited...what a way she has come since the sad time..very proud of her.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Agree Rusters...I too have never had a drink in my 'new' kit hen
        ....my grandchildren never knew me to drink..I think that last one would devastate me..
        Big news today..my daughter has just gone sale agreed on a house...many a slip can happen before it's fully sold as I well know but she's very excited...what a way she has come since the sad time..very proud of her.
        Oh that is wonderful news. Well done her, especially in the current environment. Will keep everything crossed it goes through easily for her. Made 3 calls this morning to people who were to do stuff last week on our purchase and not one of them had done what they were supposed to do. We all have busy lives aghhh. Would put years on you.

Comment

Oh that is wonderful news. Well done her, especially in the current environment. Will keep everything crossed it goes through easily for her. Made 3 calls this morning to people who were to do stuff last week on our purchase and not one of them had done what they were supposed to do. We all have busy lives aghhh. Would put years on you.
          Oh I know! We're STILL waiting for our QS....having said that..we are in no rush whatsoever. The less time we have it before I quit working the better...won't have to worry bout electricity or insurance or the fact it'd be lying empty...but I'd hate to be in a rush!!

Comment

Think Jilly isn't in too mad a hurry either..wants to be with moms and pops for Christmas:congratulatory:

Comment

Great news Molls - isn't she a topper.
              She buying on her own ? well done :applause2:

Comment

Happy November Army!
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  Great news Molls - isn't she a topper.
                  She buying on her own ? well done :applause2:
                  She is..and it's a doer-upper...she'll have it lovely in no time and luckily she has a 'job for life'

Comment

Fantastic news Molly!! will she be close by? Although that doesnt really matter now, as your're fecking off

Yes, its a bit of a worry when you don't hear from people.

Just finished Snowflake by Louise Nealon. I'm addicted to Borrowbox now [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]!! (we may have to call you rustop60 now :haha
                    Its different - I really enjoyed it. Plenty in there to know that we are missing nothing when it comes to booze..

Back of the house being held up entirely by stilts.
                    Last edited by IamMary; November 1, 2021, 06:46 PM.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I thought I’d share this amazing photo of these gorgeous creatures…

90ACE4A4-C034-4984-B26C-9FFE6E154E11.jpeg

P.S. Thinking of you, Jackie Claire. I hope all is well. x
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5861[/ATTACH]

Good morning everyone.

Thank you Techie, :heartbeat: the blond one is very like our fella. He walks with a black lab/sheepdog mix and they are very cute together. Thanks for the book recommendation Mary. Have you read 56 Days or the Nothing Man, Catherine Ryan Howard? Irish writer and both on BorrowBox. Again different with a few twists. I think BorrowBox is the best thing ever.

I have taken these two days off so am having a little break. Nothing much planned for it but nice to be off. Am going to Carlingford on Saturday with a friend and doing the greenway.

Comment

Oh enjoy your break Rusters..I do like Carlingford off season...lovely colours in autumn.
                          Morning everybody

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Thank you Techie, :heartbeat: the blond one is very like our fella. He walks with a black lab/sheepdog mix and they are very cute together. Thanks for the book recommendation Mary. Have you read 56 Days or the Nothing Man, Catherine Ryan Howard? Irish writer and both on BorrowBox. Again different with a few twists. I think BorrowBox is the best thing ever.

I have taken these two days off so am having a little break. Nothing much planned for it but nice to be off. Am going to Carlingford on Saturday with a friend and doing the greenway.
                            Evening all !
                            Yes we have a love affair with Carlingford for a few years. Must do the ferry across to Norn Iron some day.
                            How long is the greenway - is it Carlingford to Omeath ?
                            I think we did half of it one time

Well YS headed off to alcohol rehab centre today. He seemed to be quite excited about it this time. Told his sister he's sick of alcohol & what it's doing to him.
                            Fingers crossed this is the time for him.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5861[/ATTACH]

Lovely. Are they yours Techie ?

Comment

Working...
                              X