Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7th Nov

MAE ALL...

Just got back from a walk and thought I'd kick off the new thread. We're having gorgeous weather around 50F for the week and next weekend. Got to take advantage while I can.

Hope everyone has a Super Sober Sunday....:smile:PPQP

Re: 7th Nov

Thanks for the start up PQ

Glad you’re having my weather, haha! It’s been 29 degrees the past two mornings but it warms up nicely when the sun arrives.
    I’ve been craving an old fashioned applesauce cake for several days so today i made one minus some of the sugar &it is still delicious. Changed the clocks so now of course my dog will spend the next week staring at her food bowl for anhour before I actually fill it, haha!!

Not much else going on here, I hope everyone is doing OK.
    Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello all -
      Not much to report, except that I woke up this morning in a sweat of anxiety(4am..) and no matter what I told myself,,the answer was "worry"!!!

So I got up and spent many hours at my Storage locker, getting things packed and arranged. If I had to move out of there tomorrow, I think it would be okay, so... one day well spent.

I am sending love to all, and hoping that yours days have have been well spent as well!

Cheers,
      Cindy

Comment

hiya all...howzwee doing today then? hope all is well ..yesterday we decided to come home ,and probably a good move too. The road up to our houses is blocked completely as they are resurfacing the road ..So to get home in time plus going through the middle of Bury town centre would have been a total nightmare. It is sunny today ,although rain forecast for later .We have definitely been hit with a frost ,Quite a few of my plants have been blackened ,plus all the nasturtiums have dropped. Rabbits will be impressed they love them.Just washed the van .We have managed to get on that site for Christmas so we are there 24 25 26 27,ho ho ho ..
        If you type in images of Burrs country park you will see whats there..

take care..Ive got my covid booster tomorrow ,car is making strange noises ..garage thursday .
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Looking forward to near 70b degrees tomorrow, how crazy is that? Guess I’ll just find a way to enjoy the weather.
          I have the house to myself this evening, YB & son are on the way to our old home town firehouse for a farewell sendoff for a long time member, he’s moving to FL. He was also the carpenter who helped us fix up our old houses, he did great work & now he’s retiring

Cyn, sorry you’re dealing with so much anxiety. You’ve had so much on your shoulders for so long. It’s really no wonder your sleep is being affected. You have made much progress & there will be an end to all this moving & organizing. I just wish I could lend you a real hand :hug:
          I have a picture I want to send to you on Messenger, hopefully will make you smile.

Mick, glad you got home without too much hassle.
          There are several cherry tomato plants that popped up where I grew sunflowers outside the chicken fence this summer. The plants have frozen & there’s still lots of tomatoes on the frozen vines - so weird.

PQ, how was your day?

Hello to Det & Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all how are we ? surprise surprise ...its raining ....went and got my booster this morning ...got the pfizer one ..so thats the full hit now ..2 jabs booster and flu jab.

Lav 70 degrees? jeez ,thats not right ...share it out ....I can send you some rain ...not a lot happening today here ..have a good day

hiya teegee how atre you then today? hope things are better for you ..mind you ,you havent stopped rushing around for a good few months ....slow down ,and enjoy

hiya ppqp how are you then? hope ll is doing good for you..hows work panning out?

hiya pauly hope you are well ..

take care peeps .
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Just a quick hello to you all. I don’t post here much but I do read you. Have a blessed day x
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Mae all,

Mick, what a "find" you found in that park... great job nabbing it for holiday time, excellent.

Lav, I really hope that you get in that Dec 4 inside sale... your things are so perfect for holiday gifts... you would do well I think!

PQ, how was your walk? I also took walks today... it was like spring...

Det, Pauly, Techie (thx for writing!), and all others stopping by, I am wishing everyone light - I was driving last night with the crescent moon rising on my left... it kept me company for the early-dark evening.

Comment

MAE ALL...

I ended up taking yesterday off. Didn't sleep a wink Sunday night and was all stuffed up. Just lazed around, read and check email off and on so I could claim I was working from home. Sleep wasn't great last night but I feel a lot better. I'll be looking forward to bed tonight.

Mick...good job on missing all that road work. Glad you're home safe and sound. I'll take you rain. It was 37F today with a cold wind and overcast sky. Really dark out all day. Supposed to warm up a bit tomorrow. I ended up being the only one in the office today but the return of our duplicate bridge group broke up the day. Things are still frustrating/stressful with everyone coming and going and doing their own thing. Hopefully the new guy will bring some order to everything.

Lav...nice break to have the house to yourself yesterday. Mine was the opposite. Oldest son came home on the weekend and announced he'd be around more now that the county has kicked him off his property. He didn't elaborate and when I tried to talk to him it was just angry retorts. I'm sure I'll eventually hear the whole story. At least I know where he is.

Techie...good to see you popping in.

TG...sounds like a peaceful drive with the moon for company. I hope you can soon get some down time, you deserve it.

Hello to Det, Sam, Pauly & Pi. Time to start the chicken noodle soup. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings everyone!

Yep it hit 70 degrees today, weird but nice
                    Went back to the old home town today, YB had a fire company meeting & we made a few stops on the way back. Got the bad news that an old college friend’s daughter has stage 4 colon cancer at the age of 45. I haven’t been in touch with them for 20 years but it’s still hard news to. Hear. Our daughters used to play together when they were very young. The incidence of colon cancer in young adults has been rising & the experts are blaming junk food & fast food, ugh.

Mick, keep your rain as I just heard we are getting maybe an inch on Friday. Thisis coming from a big storm out west that is dumping snow in some areas, ugh.

Techie, hello, nice to see you

Cyn, yep that Dec 4 sale would be nice & it’s not far from home. We’ll see what happens.
                    The crescent moon was very bright last night & also a star right near by it too. Hope everything is settling down for you.

PQ, sounds like you fought off some viral thing, good job. There’s always something going around this time of year. I am going to try to push myself tomorrow to get the Covid booster. I would have done it today but got home way too late. Until my daughter got married she moved in & out repeatedly, haha! It was always to to unsuitable roommates doing some very unsuitable things. Some kids just take longer to launch than others I think. I hope your son appreciates your hospitality.

Hello to Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all.
                    Lav
                    Last edited by Lavande; November 9, 2021, 08:04 PM.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all..how are we today then? hope everyone is well.My arm feels like lead this morning ,but apart from that ok.Tomorrow car goes into garage,I have a funny feeling its going to be bad news day .It is making a sound what I would call a piston slapping or tapping noise ,which could at the max mean a new engine .If thats the case then we are talking a good bitof money..about 1500 dollars ..so need to review the options .The intention is next year to get a small car that we can tow behind the van ,at the same time keeping Julies and sacking mine .we shal lsee .

hiya Techie ,hows you mate? hope all is well with you buddy ..nice to see you..take care .

hiya Lav ,how are you today then? Sorry to hear about the person you know with colon cancer ..its a horrible thing .Im not being critical ,but in 12 months they found a way to halt the spread of covid ,and yet all the research into cancer and they havent found a cure or a stayer yet? that's simplification at its best and me being ignorant ,but is there no breakthrough .?
                      Talking about the covid booster ,go for it ..when I went yesterday the guy who was doing it was laughing his head off ..he went through his little speech and said I need one of your arms ..I said just whack it into that one mate ..he burst out laughing .Im left handed and guess where I got both jabs? yep left arm .take care and have a good day .

hiya ppqp. ..how's you then? Hope you are feeling better .I understand about your son ,but I think maybes he should have at least given you an explanation? It sounds like work is just going from pillar to post ATM, keep your head down ..as for rain ..you can have as much as you want !!!

hiya teegee ,how are you doing today then? hope all is well with you today? are things settling down a little for you? yes that park is brilliant ...the thing is ,once you are in the van it is different ...you can be anywhere and it wouldn't matter if that makes sense..take care .

hello all those who aren't here ,hope you are well stay strong and positive ..

I got into a taxi and told the driver to take me to a place fifty miles away.

When we arrived, I got him to sit for an hour with the engine running, then told him to take me home.
                      When we got back he asked, 'What was the purpose of that journey?'

I replied, 'It was just cheaper than sitting in the house with the heating on.'

My girlfriend and I happily ran hand-in-hand into a church last night and said to the reverend.

"Marry us."

He laughed. "Have you both thought this through?"

I said, "Yes, we think you're so sexy."

BREAKING NEWS:

THREE CHEERS for Clive Lee, the brilliant engineer who invented hip replacement who dies aged 82.

HIP HIP...

I love the way my nine year old son is preparing for adulthood and it's pitfalls. He spent all his money on a dolls house and gave it his little girlfriend next door saying,

"Here you might as well have a house now instead of taking one off me in twenty years. "

Comment

Mae all -

Good to hear what's going on with with folks...

Ah Mick, the truth comes out - left-handed! Hope the news wasn't too terrible about the car... sounds like you have a plan.

PQ, sorry things are chaotic at work and stressful... they owe you guys some order and leadership! I hope all works out with your kid...

Lav, glad you had a good outing... but such sad news for that person. I also have heard that sodas and junk are playing a role in a lot of increased cancers, especially in younger people... have you heard of theAcid-Watcher's diet. A. NYC Ear, nose and throats doc, who has researched all the effects from citric acid being added to our food and drinks... creates inflammation and weakens the immune system... fascinating...

Pauly, what's up - how is the LV weather now? Are you hunkered down, or able to go out? Busy Det, hoping all is well.
                        Hello to Techie and all others dropping by... sending light...

Comment

Good evening kids

63 degrees today but I know the cold &wet weather is on the way. We have tons of firewood & a mostly full propane tank buried in the yard for the heating system so we will be fine. I just don’t like to see the browning of everything, bare trees, no flowers blooming, etc.

Mick, guess what? I’m left handed too although I’ve used my right hand more since I hurt myself handling a German shepherd 30+ years ago.
                          I went to the pharmacy today to see about the boosters & was told to make an appointment. So we both have appointments Monday morning to get it done.
                          Sorry about your car, maybe it’s not as serious as you think. Buying new cars right now is not easy due to the pandemic shortages yet YB is trying to talk me into buying another so he can use mine to transport Amish folks instead of using his truck on some trips. We shall see about that haha!!!

Cyn, yeah I feel sorry for my friend’s daughter. I just don’t know what to think or say.
                          I have not heard about the Acid-Watcher’s diet - I’ll look it up. I have made a major effort to stay away from processed foods of any kind while following the bone health program. Sometimes you just don’t have the time or the energy to cook everything from scratch though, it’s hard.
                          I signed the contract for the craft fair today & paid my admission fee. Now i have to figure out what to take.

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie. Check in when you can folks.
                          Have a nice night all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Yet another quiet day at work. The prog coord was in and we actually collaborated on some website updates and changes to our Restrictions Exemption Program. Is was really nice to work with her as a peer. We've come along way. LOL

Mick...if it's not one thing it's another right? Geeze. Just have a talk with the car and tell it you've got plans for next year so hang in there. I can see a lot of my ex in my son. It's like the rules are made for everyone else. Suffice it to say, if you don't pay your taxes your going to have an issue.

TG...I think I'm surviving this latest hurry up and wait stage knowing that the end is near. I'm just hoping that he will show some leadership and transparency for the staff. Rest assured I'll be letting the board know if that's not the case.

Lav...we dodged the latest bad weather, it went north and east of us. Numerous storm warnings everywhere but here. LOL It doesn't seem to make any difference how long it's been since seeing a friend, it's like it was yesterday. Sorry to hear about the news. So the decision is made for the Dec fair and I'm sure you'll be busy once again adding to your stock.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all how are we doing ...?Firstly ..11th hour ,11th day,11th month ..let us remember .

Window fitter has been ...changed one of the windows...(saves cleaning them!) Car is in the garage ...waiting the kerching phone call...Julie is away on a spending spree with Amy tomorrow. Much as I would love to go ,my arm is that sore it cant reach into my pocket. Oh dear too bad so sad ...not a bad day here though it looks like rain on the way.

hiya ppqp...so the prog co-ord has made it to your chrimbo list? go for it .Yes car is in garage ...I talked to it ...but not sure it understands Scots ..though it did flinch when I mentioned bloody scrapyard ..hope you have a good day .

hiya left handed Lav, how's you then? My mum was left handed too ..but when she was at they used to whack left handed kids across the knuckles to make them write with right hand ..They classed left handers as the devils children.

I couldnt resist this ...your post " I’ve used my right hand more since I hurt myself handling a German shepherd 30+ years ago." did he have a dog???? so yb wants you to get a noo car?so he can have yours ? has he tried ironing snow???methinks more chance of ....good luck on the sale ..

hiya teegee..yep ...secrets out left handed ..now you know the secret of my suave debonair and sophisticated self ..oh ..and modesty...hope all is good with you

big shout to everyone else ...

Comment

Working...
                              X