Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm here again........it's been a while.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm here again........it's been a while.

Hi folks.

I was an active mamber of this forum many years ago. Some long term members may remember me.
    I mad a decision back then to leave, because I felt I wasnt being helpful to some members at the time who were negatively impacted by my posts about my progress, when they were still struggliing.

Long story short, my progress did not last.

This is a progressive disease, and it appears to have progressed.

I am back because I remember, and am eternally grateful for, the support and encouragement I received from the people here.
    I am REALLY struggling again.
    Basically, a grown man sitting with a beer in his hand, crying because he doesn't want to drink any more, but doing it anyway, and knowing that, whatever he says to himself, he will do it all again tomorrow, is no way to live.

I am hoping to tap into the love and support that exists here again, and, when and if I am able, to give the same in return to all who need it.

That is all for now.
    Hope to be hanging around here again for a while ...if it is ok with you.

Love to all on this crappy journey.

Satori
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Re: I'm here again........it's been a while.

Hello & welcome back Satori!

You know we’ve all had plenty of day ones, it’s never too late for another.
    Like we’ve always said, make yourself a good working plan & set your day to quit. Join us in the Newbies nest for a while, it can’t hurt , right? Go. To the Tool box & pull out some greta ideas for your plan. Covering your drinking triggers in the early days is vital. Decide what else you can do besides drink. Pick up a hobby, get some exercise, anything to distract yourself so you can break the cycle of trigger/drinking.

Wishing you the very best!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you for the kind words Lavande.

Yes, today is day one..... again.

I think I need to come up with a better plan this time around.
      I'm in the UK, so I am just starting my day (with the usual hangover).

I plan to make it a good day for a change.

Thanks again.

Satori
      "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Welcome back Sarori.
        Don't stay on your own here on this thread. I think you are Scottish ?
        The 'Army' (against alcohol) thread is in your timeline and there is the Newbie's nest which is great & busy all the time.
        ' [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION] has his own thread - is a Scot too and a great support on MWO.
        He's bit mad but sure there you go !!!
        Last edited by satz123; November 9, 2021, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Welcome back Satori.

I remember your positive helpful posts when i started out here. Did you have an interest in buddhist philosophy? If you felt great when you had some sober time up, then remembering that feeling might be helpful to propel you forward again. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery and re-discovery,

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Satori: very similar story, I was on here years ago and in the meantime alcohol addiction got worse and worse (it's so true that it's a progressive disease). I remember the emotional meltdowns (and tears) I had even just trying to contemplate quitting, but eventually took the leap. Is there an outpatient treatment program in your area? I found this immensely helpful to get through the first few weeks (being able to talk to someone about symptoms, getting medications if necessary etc.). In any case, keep us updated and let us know how it goes.

Comment

Welcome, welcome! Gad to have you here!

It certainly does progress, sadly. End it now! Your liver will thank you.

You can be quit buddies with Mulburry and [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] !

I hope you made it through your first day.
              Last edited by Slo; November 10, 2021, 05:10 PM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

who is mad???Im as normal as the next person ...well depends really on who that is...
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                X