Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone how are we today? hope everyone is well and doing ok. I have just stopped, went to the remembrance service this morning, and then I have been sending and scraping down the work surfaces in the kitchen. I am probably about 1/3 of the way through it. Hopefully I will finish it by about Thursday full stop apologies for being a quick post but I need to go for a shower and get all of the dust off me! Take care look after yourselves
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 11.11

Greeting everyone,

Thanks for the start up Mick although I think we’re a bit off on the date since today is the 14th. We forgive you
    I hope your sanding & scraping is keeping you out of trouble.

Cloudy most of the day & cool, in the 40’s. I heard a rumor of possible snow the first week of December, I hope it’s wrong.
    Made a pot of soup today, perfect weather for that. Took a break from embroidery today to rest my brain & eyes, Lol

Cyn, glad to hear you finally slept better & without nightmares. No one needs that!!
    I certain hope the weather stays clear enough for your journey. Weather predictions are often wrong, thank goodness. You take care!

PQ, hope you’re OK. Check in when you can, please.

Hello to Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

For once, Lav, I moved my own post... sheesh, I totally forgot that I was posting late on a Saturday... so here is last night's!

"Mae all -

PPQ, hoping you are doing okay...

Mick, wow, what you have been through! (And Julie too, I presume...). The human spirit is truly wonderful... and your determination as well. Well done!

And Lav, what a story... so glad you have made a full recovery... So you got the beginnings of winter? After a rainy and blustery day yesterday, this morning was bright and lovely, then clouded over, and suddenly a huge thunderstorm hit... the power went out for awhile, but didn't take too long to come back. It made me a little concerned about my drive halfway across the country... I am hoping to do it sooner rather than later, and hoping no bad weather shows up suddenly!

Last night I finally slept through the whole night, and no nightmares! Wonderful... that sure helps the general anxiety level. So maybe I'll do another avocado tonight...

Hello to Det, Pauly, and all else popping in. The moon is gaining light each night...

Comment

hiya all how are we today then? hope all is well with everyone ..Well, surprised myself ...thats the work surfaces in the kitchen scraped rough sanded ,them fine sanded ..just waiting for the sealant to come ,and thats it ..and onto another job..just got to clean up now .

Well done teegee on the sleep ....excellent .yep Julie was with me when it went pear shaped ...and every other time ...she is a jinx! :hahaha: go for it have another avacado .

hiya ppqp ...hope all is well with you .back at work today?

hiya Lav ,you ok?I got the month right ,,a bit cold over here today.what kind of soup did you make?

hiya everyone else
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry I've been MIA but spent the weekend trying to figure out this Zoom sh*t for the AGM on Thursday. Did a couple of test runs with the board but still need to figure out the voting part.

Mick...I'm ok with the 11-11 title. Makes me think about all the services I watched. Yup, back at work today, trying to setup everything for the new boss. Some of you must have rubbed off on my son, he's been in a cleaning mood for the past couple of days.

TG...sorry to hear about the nightmares and glad you got through last night. Perhaps I'll try an avocado!

Lav...tis the season for soup and embroidery. We managed to avoid the snow storm and just ended up with rain/sleet. Everyone around us got clobbered. I think it's our turn tomorrow as snow is expected over night. It was a really dreary, foggy day. Yuck. Hopefully we'll see some sun tomorrow.

Once I get the AGM over with and the new boss settled in things should smooth out. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening folks,

Definitely feeling & looking fall-ish here today. Now they’re talking about a warm up coming, geez.
            We went & got our Moderna boosters today. Keeping the fingers crossed for an easier time without all the harsh side effects this time.
            I’m stitching icicles - if that makes any sense haha!

Cyn, it probably doesn’t matter where we post - someone always sees it anyway
            Hope your day was good.

Mick, sounds like. You’re making good progress in the kitchen. I think Julie must possess some saintly qualities
            Yesterday I made turkey noodle soup. I had roasted a turkey a fee days before & made bone broth from the carcass. It turned out good. Now we cruise along on leftovers for a while.

PQ, there you are! Figured you were tied up with work stuff. Hope the snow turns out to be a small event. Hang in there friend, everything gets better eventually.

Det & Pauly, hell to you. Sam & Pie, where are you?

Nothing else exciting going on, have a nice night all!

Lav
            Last edited by Lavande; November 15, 2021, 06:52 PM.
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all..how are we then? hope everyone is good .Raining over here today ,just waiting for the stain and sealant to come to sort out the work tops .

hiya Lav,so you got the Moferna jab? not had that one ....Ive had az and pfizer ..Ill collect moderna next time .Yes doing good with the kitchen,there is however a problem ...the tidying up stuff is spreading ...Madam has bought a new pic for the front room ...tbh I don't mind ...its a fav of mine ..Its the entrance to Venice painted by Canaletto ...it fascinates me ...and Ive been there 3 times .who knows I might get there in the van ..turkey soup,noodles sandwiches ,curry ..yeeees keep going .

hiya ppqp..pity the others didnt think like you re armistice ...didi you see that woman that hijacked the service in Canada ..and also the tossers that spray painted the memorial. Have you sussed the zoom out yet? did you get the snow?

hiya teegee ...how are you then? have you managed to sleep ok?hope so .

take care everyone ..

Comment

MAE ALL...

For not doing much all day it still felt productive. A dear friends husband pasted away on Remembrance Day and I just heard about it this morning. It kinda shook me up a bit. The ex-boss showed up today looking for the power cord to the laptop I want him to return. We did talk about the AGM and he's willing to host the Zoom meeting so the pressures off. Why couldn't he have said something earlier! I'll just be doing my normal making sure he does everything he's supposed to.

Mick...did you get the work tops done today? It's not raining here and if it snowed there was very little signs of it, but boy is it windy. Just below freezing and a wind chill making it feel like 50F. The storm belted BC and to the north and east of me and has moved on. Yes, I saw the woman and the spay paint, honestly what's with people! The new pick sounds wonderful, you'll have to share it with us.

Lav...how are you feeling after the booster? I'm not eligible until January but I'll be getting it, the pfizer version. The pic on FB was fabulous, too bad it's the chicken's view and not yours. LOL

Here's hoping the snow stays away for awhile. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP
                Last edited by porqoui; November 16, 2021, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Good evening all,

Decent day here again, can’t complain. We are heading up to 70 degrees on Thursday followed by rain then who knows what’s next, Lol
                  Got my hair cut, stopped in Walmart & the drug store for a prescription & am running my embroidery machine as we speak. We’re going to Delaware tomorrow to meet our daughter for lunch. Now that she’s working there we can see her in less than 20 minutes which is cool.

Mick, I have a rather long list of things that need to be done around here IF you ever runout of chores, haha!!
                  I’ve never been to Venice but my daughter & SIL went there on their honeymoon. I’d still like to see it myself. Enjoy the painting.

Hello to Cyn & PQ. Hope you ladies are doing well.

Hello to Det & Pauly, Sam & Pie. Our thread is becoming very thin, may have togo recruit some folks to fill in, haha.

Have a nice night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all ,how are we then ? hope all is good .Been up most of the night with toothache ..problem is there is nothing they can do about it .on the inner side of my wisdom tooth the gum has receded ,leaving the nerve exposed ,I use sensitive toothpaste which they reckon over time will desensitise the nerve ..the alternative is to have it whipped out ...but not really up for that yet,because in order to stabilise my bit ,Id need to get an implant put in. I've 150 grade sanded all the worktops and covered them with cardboard ...trouble is it is a working kitchen up till Friday , so after that stain it all up and seal it .Was playing with the drone ....till the rains came..

hiya Lav ,hows you then? all ok are you? crossing the Delaware are you? Washington the 2nd ..have a good day with your daughter .Oh Ive got plenty of work to do ,and if and when I run out my head doesnt stop long enough to not think of more.yep we are getting shortof subscribers ...does that mean there isnt an issue with booze? I think not..seen this?

Inmates could wear sobriety tags after leaving prison to stop them from drinking | Daily Mail Online

hiya ppqp ..how are you today then? hope you are well and the snow hasn't landed yet..seems your ex boss is doing more now than when he actually worked there!!When does the new one start?have you found out yet what your job spec will be ..as opposed to a load of can you just add ons?I hope so ..take care and have a good day ,

hiya pauly, pie teegee sam det and everyone else .Ok I know its easier for others to jump in here than others I understand that , and that it shouldnt be a chore,but we all know when there isnt a lot to talk about ,or time is rushed it does feel like it can be a struggle to put something down ,but even a quick hiya isgood .or has anyone any ideas to liven it up a bit ..?

Comment

Mae everybody, here's my quick hello Mick haha not much going on here so I haven't been posting,no drinking just not much to say,I feel overwhelmed with the news,state of the world and lack of money but kids are doing good,Brady got off with probation and a fine,Louie has been accepted into the gifted class at school cuz he's so damn smart like his mom so those are positives but everything else is kinda "meh" I don't feel depressed mentally,just overwhelmed is the word I think. I will post more,you all have been my friends for nearly a decade and it's important to stay connected I know that,much love to all and have a great BF Wednesday!
                      Last edited by paulywogg; November 17, 2021, 09:02 AM.
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello friends,

Pauly, so good to see you! Yes, let's go ahead and talk about our worries... Just sharing can sometimes make things better. Congrats on Louie and his work at school - you must be so proud...

Mick, thank you for keeping us going... bravo to you for all the kitchen work - it sounds like it will be beautiful, like all your projects. I keep forgetting to tell you that I see 2 rabbits every morning - Peter Rabbit lookalikes - they pop out of the hedge in the back of this property, munch away, and pop back in if something's frightens them. Pretty soon I see a nose poking out again... they are hilarious. Take care and hope the good weather comes your way.

Lav, so you did not suffer too much with the Moderna booster? Good to hear! Also so happy that you can see your daughter more often, that's great. Is it a long commute for her? Good luck with the embroidery... I know you'll do well at the next sale. The turkey soup sounds wonderful!

PQ, glad that things are humming and you have a break from having to execute the Zoom... excellent. Good luck with the weather, and staying warm and dry!

Det, hope things are going well for you, and that the autumn there is still pretty. We have lost most of the leaves around here...the last storm had high winds, and pretty much stripped the trees bare...

Here's hoping all is well for everyone stopping by... I am staying with a former client/now friend, and she has been so kind to let me be here... but I feel an obligation to be with her when she wants to have dinner together, etc. and so I end up forgetting many things that I would normally do of an evening... (like posting!) I'm getting plans together to get my own space, crossing fingers, we'll see...

Cheers all -

Comment

Greetings friends,

Yep, we had a nice lunch out with our daughter in the middle of her work day. She does have a long commute to get to the schools she’s working in but says she doesn’t mind. Having weekends, holidays & the summer off is incentive for her. She’s enjoying working with the elementary & Jr High age kids. The kids are all on the autism spectrum & she is teaching them how to handle themselves in school safely with physical therapy. Nice change from grumpy old hospital patients for sure, haha!
                          We are supposed to hit a high near 70 degrees tomorrow then the temp plunges back down & of course rain.

PQ, yep we haven’t had any real effects from the booster so far, yay!! Get yours when you are eligible, this virus is here to stay for a while.
                          Hope things are coming together for you at work. It’s been a rather long & tedious transition.

Pauly, Hi!!
                          Showing up here regardless of mood or news to tell is what we all want. We have been friends for a long time, you’re right about that.
                          Glad your son’s troubles have been managed. Does he need to find a new job at this point?
                          Congrats to Louie on his accomplishment. Good for him!!! The world news is certainly not pleasant, that’s why I keep my mind busy with embroidery projects, craft fairs, cooking, baking, chickens, etc. I don’t want to dwell on all the negative stuff since i can’t do a thing to change it. How about a new hobby for you?

Cyn, glad you have a comfortable space for now. I know you’ll find the right place for you soon. Keeping our fingers crossed.
                          I think we’re all doing the best we can do under circumstances out of our control. Not a single person I know has had anything close to an ‘easy’ year so i guess there’s some comfort in knowing we’re really not alone. I’ve noticed the oak trees seem, for the most part better about hanging on to their leaves. My little Japanese maple right next to my deck is still very leafed out & pretty too.

Mick, sorry about the dental woes. Really does get tiresome, I get that!
                          I hadn’t heard anything about that alcohol detection device, very clever. In the US they really need one that detects drug use I think. Sounds like an interesting project.
                          Good work on the kitchen project. I have Corian countertops, 18+ years old now & they still look pretty good. I know a lot of people who spent a fortune installing granite counters & there’s a lot of work involved keeping them looking good. I don’t want to do that much work haha!

Hello Det, hope you are doing well.

Have a nice night all. Still in my shop stitching

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...we had a pretty decent day here today. No wind, thank God, and plenty of sunshine. It was only 35F but felt much warmer. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Delaware.....I see you've posted. Sounds like your daughters switch from the hospital was a good choice. Glad you didn't suffer through any effects of the booster and I will be getting mine as soon as I can. There's talk about a 5th wave here but only because winter's coming and people will be indoors more. None of my routines will change for awhile. Things are calm at work but OMG! Tedious transition is an understatement. I think the board is going to have to make amendments to their bylaws when it comes to the procedure for hiring a new GM. I might even offer to write it for them. LOL

Mick...sorry to hear about the tooth acting up, not another implant, just go with a lopsided bite. I have for years. LOL I thought you did your counter tops not too long ago. Is this a biannual thing? No snow yet, we are soooo lucky. BC is totally cutoff from everyone by road. The province has declared a state of emergency and they've asked for the army to help. Most of the lower mainland is underwater. New boss starts on Monday and first order of business is to establish my job specs. I think the posting is what it is, not sure how to liven it up. I happy that it's just here.

Pauly...I know it's hard to post when one day is the same as the next. Good to hear you're not drinking, didn't think you were. Ok, you got my attention, what did Brady do? I vaguely remember something about him a while back but not sure. Glad you're not feeling depressed.

TG...I'm so glad I don't have to execute the Zoom meeting, I was getting a little stressed over it. I know what it's like when you're staying with someone, did it with my sister for a year and I was glad to move out and be on my own again. Except for the boys but I don't feel obligated to them. LOL Good luck with your plan of getting your own place but don't pile too much on, I think you need a breather.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP
                            Last edited by porqoui; November 17, 2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

hiya all.and lovely to hear from yall.hope everyone is doing good .Had a decent nights sleep,but yep woke up with tooth problems.Im at the dentist next week so we shall see what they can do .Its raining again today ..really I hear you say .......

hiya pauly great to hear from you ,glad you are ok ,though I totally understand your frustration and angst t the state of the world..The whole place is in turmoil ...I watch the news first theing ,and thats it ...Im not interested in it after that ..its the same stories all the time ,climate change protests ,rascism both positive and negative, immigration ,lack of fuel ,lack of drivers to deliver stuff ,covid ,human rights .We have a conference in uk ,to address the climate issues what comes of it ? nish nada .and then you have corrupt politicians ,a dysfunctional in the main Royal Family ..and yep Im a Royalist ..so I totally understand people living in their own bubble ..the bottom line is keep you and yours safe ,and its great to hear from you .

hiya ppqp...how are you then? hope things are doing ok over there.thats bang on ..get the job spec sorted, hopefully your new boss will be a bit more of a boss than the last one .Last time I did the worktops was patching in sections ,this time I've taken the whole kitchen back to raw oak .I was just chucking it out for ideas as to how we could make it more interesting on here but if it works ,then fine by me .have a great day .

hiya Lav ,glad you had a good time with your daughter ,it soundslike she is really enjoying her work ...thats when work isnt a task ,plus she is helping folks .If I had the choice again ,I probably wouldnt have got wooden worktops ..yes they are smart but they need a lot of care and upkeep. The tooth is what it is,a grin and bear it job I reckon. And moan about it obviously .how's the plants doing ? you cut everything back?take care and have a good day .

hiya teegee ,how are you today?hope you are good .One thing we dont get over this side of the moors is rabbits ...many many years ago apparently the dreaded myxomatosis wiped them out and they never returned ,and yet just over mile away you get them .Ive seen bats ,owls kestrels muntjacs red deer harriers a peregrine falcon and pheasant here but not a wabbit .apart from ....

20211105_075817.jpg

good idea staying with a friend ,some support and company too ..you take care and look after your self .

rght folks ,have a great day and look after yourselves .

Comment

Working...
                              X