Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nov 21

MAE ALL...

Took some time off the computer after the AGM. It went well and I'm glad it's over. Now just need to get the ex-boss out of the picture. He eventually showed up with the company laptop on Friday after I texted him and said I was leaving by 1:30pm. Wasn't going to sit around waiting for him all day, being as it was my last day of freedom. I am looking forward to having a boss back in the picture, maybe everyone else will go back to their own positions.

Det...so sorry to hear you got the dreaded C. I'm glad you're young and healthy and on the mend. I bet not being able to taste your food is the biggest drawback for you.

Lav...unbelievable! I can relate though as my ex was the same. I'm glad you don't take it personally because it's not, it's just the way it is.

TG...sorry about the car troubles, it seems like it's just one thing after another. You'll get through it, you're a strong one.

Mick...excellent work on the worktops. You made me chuckle when you said you can't restore voice posts. Hope your tooth isn't giving you too much grief and that it gets sorted soon.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Re: Nov 21

Good evening friends,

Just sent my son & his family home, haha! It was hectic but fun as well.
    I had the almost 13 yr old rolling out & baking gingerbread man cookies, he had a ball & did a great job too.

PQ, thanks for the start up. Glad your meeting went well & hope you are resting your brain at this point.
    I hope the new boss is way better than the last. You all need a break!
    I have reasoned it all out in my head & I know my DIL is not trying to hurt anyone. She’s just rushing around from one thing to the next & doesn’t stay focused. Annoying as hell but I won’t take it personally.
    She reminds me of the reason I decided very early on that I will never work with psych patients, they drive me friggin crazy haha!

Mick, glad you are OK, missed you. Th eleak you describe sound just like one we had in our huose when I was growing up. My dad was always yelling about us standing too forward in the shower & causing it to leak in the kitchen. He was full of sh*t & I knew it even then, Lol. Hope you can get it fixed soon . Happy birthday to Julie’s dad

Hello to Cyn, Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning all and how are you this morning? Hope all is well. I probably just made the most carefully poached eggs on toast in the kitchen that I have ever done! But all is well. My friend is coming up tomorrow, it is over 18 months since we last met up so we are going out for a carvery dinner and a catch up, unfortunately the place we used to go to has now closed down, so I have found somewhere else. Then Wednesday I am at at the dentist I think it is just for a check-up up but no doubt we are going to discuss my aching tooth.
      Hiya ppqp, how are you today then? Hope you are good. So today the new boss starts is it? Hope he is better than the last one that borrowed the title and did nothing. Yes I did the message voice to type press the button and hey presto off into the ether it went. Hope you have a good day

Hiya lav how are you then? Glad you had a good weekend and making gingerbread men. Julie's nephews son who is only 9 got a metal detector for his birthday so I spent most of the meal with w him in my ear wanting to go metal detecting,or treasure hunting as he says so so I have dug out a few old coins that he can practice and play with. I think you are right, and your daughter-in-law isn't going out to deliberately be a pain in the butt, but probably a case of not thinking, not caring for any outcomes. It's like someone throwing stone in a pond, the ripple effect and her action is the throwing stone into the pond and not considering the ripples and the effect it has on other folk. Consultancy over that'll be $20 thank you haha take care have a great day

Hiya det hope you are feeling better mate

Hiya teegee How are you today then?hope all is well with you
      Last edited by Mick; November 22, 2021, 05:20 PM.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

New guy seems to be ok so far. We've done some chatting off and on, basically getting him set up with keys and passwords etc. So far I agree with his thinking which is different that the ex-boss. He is supposed to meet up with the old boss sometime this week and go over some things and then him and I have a meeting next Wednesday. so will wait and see how it goes.

Lav...sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Yup, it takes a certain type of person to work with psych patients it wouldn't be for me either. Your craft fair will be here before you know it.

Mick...I think I'll have a poached egg for my supper tonight. Haven't had one for quite awhile. A carvery dinner, I like the way that sounds. It'll be nice to see your friend. Looks like you've got another one when it come to detecting. You'll have to take him out with sometime. Hope the dentist can figure out another solution for your tooth.

Det...hope you're continuing to mend, hang in ther.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings folks!

Half decent day here, saw the sun trying to show through the clouds a few times. Had a little rain overnight so now we have wet leaves everywhere which drive my allergies crazy, haha!

Mick, thanks for your observation on my DIL situation. Now listen to this: she announced they are coming over Christmas eve this year (why wait for an invitation?) I said Oh & didn’t commit myself. This morning I told my daughter about that & her response was ‘well I’m coming too so she’ll just have to deal with it’ Lol!!! So, I think perhaps there will be a war here on Christmas eve!!! Should be pretty freaking interesting, haha!!! Deep down I would like to see these two sit down & work out their differences so I don’t have to continue entertaining one family & the other family the next day. I’m exhausted.
          I hope you have a great time with your friend, sounds good. It would be nice if you could take the young guy out detecting & show him the right way to find stuff
          Good luck with the dentist - again!

PQ, the new boss situation sounds promising, fingers crossed!
          You’re absolutely right - no psych patients for us, they drive me crazy haha!!! Hope your weather is holding up. Looks like a dry day in the mid 50’s for us on Thanksgiving, yay.

Hello to Cyn & Det, Pauly & Sam.

Have a nice night all.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Lav, sounds like there are a lot of possibilities for drama this holiday season! I love your attitude... can't try to control what you can't control... . The gingerbread cookies sound like it was a great hit, how fun and what great memories you are making...

PPQ, oh I do hope that this new boss is more aligned with your thinking - that would be wonderful. Good luck with all!

Mick, so glad the poached eggs stayed on the plate! Congrats on your beautiful counters, very impressive. I hope your dentist visit went well - I should see. Dentist soon, but trying to figure out if I should see someone in the east, then start again in the Midwest? Just hoping for the best for now... Did you have a good visit with your friend? How was the new carvery? Enquiring minds...

Det, crossing fingers that you are still healing - take care, and rest! Pauly, hoping you and the fam are well...
            Hello to all others dropping by...

Comment

And good afternoon everybody how are we today then? Hope all is well. Just got back from having lunch, I am absolutely full. The food was good, I had a large Carvery which basically meant loads of meat and as much vegetable as you want so I took them at their word! I won't be wanting any tea probably not tomorrow either haha. We had a good old catch up it is 2 years and 1 week since we last met up and yet seems nothing like that I was his deputy in the prison service, strange how these friendship develop the factors we were both pretty poorly at the same time helps him more so than me

Hiya teegee and how are you today then? I haven't been to the dentist yet that pleasure is reserved for tomorrow and yes the poached eggs stayed in place yet again this morning for madams breakfast!

Hiya lav I am sending you by mail a tin helmet for when the fighting starts. This could go one of either way! Hopefully sense will be seen and they will make up full stop it is very cold over here today, and again there was a big frost on the ground this morning. I watched Bonnie earlier on she actually refused food so I knew there was something wrong. Gave her medication, massaged her stomach left her in peace, and guess what she is eating again back to normal full stop thank goodness I know the signs of the two mad rabbits! Hope you have a good day

Hiya ppqp and how are you today? Did you have poached egg last night question mark how have you got on with the new boss today day? Is it new Broom sweeps clean? It will be good for you to have an Ally as opposed to a bunch of backstabbers. Have you still got snow over there? Stay safe and warm

Hiya pauly hope you are doing ok?

Right folks will leave you in peace take care be safe ��
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Quiet around here, husband & son are out for a fire company dinner in our old hometown. This event is always right before Thanksgiving & gives the people who have moved away to catch up on all the news. I made myself dinner in the Instant Pot & have plenty of leftovers, yum. I am trying to catch up on embroidery orders & making sure I have enough to take to the Dec 4 fair. No one here bugging me but the dog, haha!

Cyn, it’s true, there could be a lot of drama on Christmas eve OR my DIL can grow the hell up & do the right thing. How long can you use your mental health as a reason/excuse anyway?
                I just want to see my two grown kids & the grandkids get a chance to catch up. Not really asking for that much
                If you don’t have any dental emergency going on maybe waiting until you’re settled in your new area might be easier. Finding new doctors when you move is always a thrill (not). Hope your week is going well.

Mick, greta that you enjoyed your catch up visit & lunch. Sounds like you ate enough for two days, haha!
                You know, I’ve been thinking about it & I can easily say I am ready to throw any miserable people out of here, even my DIL if necessary. It’s going to be her choice whether she stays or not & she may just refuse to come over anyway. We shall see. Glad Bonnie is OK - just a temporary bellyache, that’s good.

Hello to PQ, hope your day was good!

Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie, hello to all.

Have a nice night kids, have to get back to work.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...so far the new boss is working out. He's still getting his feet wet and has started scheduling some individual meetings. The accountant is up first. It'll be interesting to see what procedures she tells him and then have the old boss tell his side of things. The old boss is scheduled to meet with him on Thursday. It was around 35F this morning and by 10am the snow arrived with the cold wind. Not much more than a few flurries and it won't be sticking around. Just fair warning it's coming. Christmas Eve will be what it will be but I'm hoping for the best. Just make sure you keep all the leftover perogies for yourself.

TG...yes, I'm still positive about the new boss. I've like his response to a couple of questions I've asked and we're scheduled to meet next week. I'm glad it's after he meets with the old boss because then I can feel him out about what he thinks. You might want to wait about the dentist till you're settled, it's such a hassle starting new all the time.

Mick...I'm glad you were onto Bonnie right away, getting it sorted right away probably helps. Sounds like you had a wonderful meetup and lunch with your friend. I would have taken advantage of the food too. Glad the new place worked for you. I did have a poached egg for supper last night, it hit the spot. It may just be new Broom sweeps clean. A couple of comments I've made about the old bosses ideas as far as events/catering he doesn't agree with. He's definitely more in line with my thinking.

Det...thinking of you and hoping you're still improving.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today? Hope all is well. it is absolutely freezing over here today, and as we speak I am outside the dentists. I have an appointment in 10 minutes it's a check up and hygienist visit which is sometimes more painful and the dentist himself. Bonnie is fine today day I think she has picked up his bad habits eating as much food as she can in as little time as possible but nevertheless it can cause serious if not fatal consequences. I enjoyed that lunch yesterday I will definitely be going back there. It was also good to catch up with my friend as well, definitely both of the same mind glad to be out of it all. Well it's time to go and sit in the chair for the nice man on so hope you have a nice day and take care

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving eve,

Busy getting my share of the food ready to take to my daughter’s tomorrow. So grateful to not have to do the whole thing myself, it’s a nice break.
                      The forecast is for a dry, mid-50’s day which will be nice for traveling. Tomorrow is also my baby boy’s 41st birthday, don’t know how that happened haha!

PQ, there are rumors about the first snow next week or the first few days of December. I can wait, haha!! Glad it didn't’ turn into a big deal for you.
                      It’s great that you’re getting off on the right foot with the new boss. It should make for a much more peaceful future.

Cyn, hope you’re hunkered down for the holiday & not traveling anywhere.

Mick, hope that dental appointment went well for you. My next appointment is in January, hopefully nothing goes wrong in the meantime.
                      Just heard on the news that Philadelphia has reached 500 homicides for the year. I am so grateful we moved away from that area, we lived only a few miles outside of the city. People are just insane.
                      Hope Bonnie is behaving & giving you a break.

Det, Pauly, Sam & Pie, hello to all of you.

Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

No snow today and above freezing. Going to stay warm and dry for the rest of the week. I'm not ready to deal with winter.

Mick...you know how those "boys" can be teaching the girls bad habits. Glad she seems ok today. I hear you about the hygienist being worse that the Dentist. I would always get freezing for the cleaning. LOL

Lav...yes, it is a nice break not to have to do it all. Sounds like you'll have good travel weather too. Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Not much more to report. Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello all,

Lav, I love your attitude - you must have been a fantastic nurse, you don't put up with nonsense ��. What are you taking to your daughter's? I am glad that you are not making the whole feast! Much better to be making your embroidery... Safe driving tomorrow - watch out for the " other guys" as my father used to say to me. Enjoy -

Mick, that carvery sounds yummy- so glad that you had a good visit with your friend - good for you for keeping that friendship going. I hope Bonnie behaves... you don't need any December dramas. Dentist visit went okay? Hope so. Enjoy those counters...

PPQ, well your report about the new boss sounds good... I am keeping fingers crossed. Sorry about the snow and cold... take care.

Det, hope you are feeling a bit better... unfortunately your sense of taste might not come back right away... sorry you have to go through a Thanksgiving not being able to taste things, sad.

Pauly, who is making dinner this year? I hope that you have a nice family time - the kids must be growing up so fast...

Well, it will be an odd Thanksgiving this year for me - I will be alone again like last year, but at least I'm in a lovely house, not in a tiny motel room (though I miss my furry buddy). Incredibly, the mover I hoped to use picked tomorrow morning as the time to load my POD! So I arranged for the delivery of the POD today, it will be packed tomorrow, picked up on Friday, and headed to Nebraska on Saturday. Quite sobering to think of most all my worldly goods fitting in a 16' POD. And I still feel like I have too much! I have no idea when the repairs will be made to my car, and I have the last Estate stuff to do in the next few weeks - hiring a lawyer for 1 hour to make sure that I do it right. Anyway, today I spend hours in the storage room trying to repack some things, make sure all fragile boxes were clearly marked, consolidating things, and trying to guess what I will need for the next month(s), depending on when I can drive to the Midwest, when I find an apartment, etc. etc. Quite the guessing game. I hope that what I kept will fit into the car! I think I'm just going to have Turkey chili tomorrow... sort of a nod to a Native American version... beans, corn, turkey. I may throw in a yam as well...��

Wishing all a good day tomorrow...

Comment

Mae everybody and Happy Thanksgiving to us in the US,seems to have come very quickly, this year has just dashed by! Kells boys are sick again so not sure how long she'll be over,I swear Lou has been sick so many times since school started,he's been getting tested for covid each time and he never has it of course but I think after not being out and about during the lockdown and no school his immune system is weaker? Who knows its just odd he's gotten so many colds Everybody sounds good,Det hope you're on the mend,Cyn,I hope you have a relaxing day with your Chilli,Lav,hope there's no drama sheesh I swear family can be stressful! Mick and PQ,waves to you both,much love sent and wishes for a great BF day!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everybody hope you're enjoying yourself having a good time and a great holiday full stop bearing in mind it was us that sent the pilgrim fathers over and you get the holiday we don't I think there's something wrong there haha. Didn't get the dentist yesterday as far as that tooth goes, there isn't much they can do with that at all all, all I need to do is keep putting toothpaste on it to try and deaden that nerve. Eventually it will have to come out but until such times toothpaste will do the job. We have a new gang of animals in the backfields now as well. Not only do we have deer shorthorn and longhorn cattle horses but I have seen a few sheep in the field as well. a very cold day over here again today day I even put the heating on in the van.

Hiya pauly great to hear from you. That sounds a bit dodgy about Lou doesn't it? Is there any way you can get him checked out? Mind you if your side of the world is the same as this there are all sorts of bugs flying around because what they reckon is due to the lockdown all the stuff that usually was passed from person to person couldn't be and now it's making time up. I hope he is ok ok

Hiya ppqp how are things with you today then question mark hope all is well. Yes the hygienist hit the sore part of the gum next to my tooth with her cleaner. How are things at work with you question mark early days I know no but but you should have an indication now. Hope you have a great day

Hiya lav happy Thanksgiving to you you. Well, who has turned up for the big fight then? I just read your post I didn't realise you were travelling I thought they were travelling to you you or have I got it all mixed up? Happy Birthday to your lad all the very best full stop my next dental appointment is the 4th of March hm but with my dentistry addiction I would put money on me being there sooner than that! Have a great day day does this carry into the weekend for you?

Hiya teegee How are you? Just looking at your post do you ever stop? It seems like you go on forever! As you say it will be a different Thanksgiving, but try and enjoy yourself all be it it may be difficult but you certainly are not alone so you take care and have a nice day day

Right folks that's me me time to go take care have a great Thanksgiving for those that it applies to and for those poor Unfortunate Souls like myself have to soldier on through the world whilst everyone else is lazing around eating Turkey haha have a great day

Comment

Working...
                              X