January 02 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January 02 2022

Mae all and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing well. Windy over here today, but dry at the moment..did some more in the garden this morning. I think this year I am going to see if I can attract birds 🐦 and obviously 🐝. One of my resolutions was not to watch the news or let it influence my thinking..without any shadow of doubt the most sane amongst us get down listening to the garbage that is spouted out.another couple of things I intend to do as well

Hiya ppqp. Hope all is well how did the tenderloin go.when do you go back to work?

Hiya techie all the very best to you. Hope this is a good year for you.

Hiya pauly how are you feeling?hope all is well well with you.

Hiya lav..how is the world with you today? Hope all is well with you our decorations in the house never got out of the loft.I know what you mean about things getting you down A few times I had to give my head a good shake..positivity is difficult in perceived negativity. I started this post saying it was dry...wrong it's trying to snow...How's the family doing.

Hiya teegee how are you,
    On this day January 2
    How did you enjoy the family dinner?
    You didn't want to go,but was it a winner?

That instant hot pot sounds pretty good
    Chuck everything in and out comes cooked food,
    Potatoes and veg with a nice little roast
    Knocks the spots off a slice of toast

No matter what you do or what the media say
    Just keep smiling and have a nice day

Take care all and have a nice day
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: January 02 2022

Happy New Year ABeroooooos near and far!

oh boy. we survived 2021, time to really live in 2022....that's my war cry.

Mick, poetry even... way to go. I agree that avoiding the news has contributed positively to my sobriety and mental health not deteriating any worse than it has. yeesh.

any treasure-hunting plans or van adventures on the books?

Christmas was weird, with girly showing up only briefly for gifts and looking like death warmed over. I really worry about her but she still to this day treats me with rudeness and animosity
    so my efforts are pretty useless and that truly sucks. alas.

NY's eve was considerably more fun and we had a truly nice day, followed by some fun time with the hot glue gun making fantasy face masks for a masquerade ball held at a local discotec we enjoy.
    we actually staying up dancing so late and got home at 2am which is a record for me since.... my 20's? and we felt fine the next day which is grand.

My santa sweetie got me an artisinal sourdough bread making kit, so I began the starter last weekend and today is the 'big bake' wooo! in about 8 minutes I have the last kneading/rest cycle to complete
    and then it's showtime. This one is a combo of rye and bread flours. Certainly not gluten-free but it will be a tasty experiement if all goes well. I do get a bit nervous about baking since that's not my cooking forte`

trusting you're all good and well with optimism for a better year. ok, so that bar is pretty low but any improvements would be great.

off to kneading....

be well loves!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL…

Weather forecast was correct, went all the way up to 0C/32F so popped out for more supplies. Unfortunately so did everyone else. With all the melting elements the road crews put down and the sunny, warm, windy weather everything turned into slush. Almost as tricky as driving on ice. Temps are dropping to -28C/-18F overnight so all that frozen slush could be interesting tomorrow. Glad I don’t have to go into work till Tuesday. Deepfreeze is back as our highs next week will be -23C/-9F.

Lav…you’re right, enough is enough. Onward and upward. It’s nice to do Christmas but it’s also nice to have it all paced up. Hope you get over the damp & drizzly soon, at least some sun maybe. Wish I was there for your pork & sauerkraut but didn’t get an invite. LOL So not one of those who turn the lights out when leaving the room eh?

TG…our winds picked up here last night, actually woke me up at one point. Nothing like Colorado got, wow. Glad you went to dinner and that it was good. I remember when you were nervous about your instant pot, now look at you. Between you and Lav I’m rethinking getting one.

Techie…Happy New Year to you.

Mick…you’ve always got something on the go. How is it you can garden in January? We’re lucky if we can start by June! Good luck with your plans for the birds and bees. I think it’s a good plan to continue to not watch the news. Didn’t do the tenderloin but it’s on the menu.

Det…so good to see you. I thought things were going better with girly. If I read your post correctly she’s not living with you guys anymore? Remember, concentrate on the things you can change not the ones you can’t. Sounds like you enjoyed NY Eve. What a great idea, a masquerade ball! Wow, 2am, I’m impressed. Good luck with the sourdough, something I have no interest in. LOL

Always thinking of the rest of the gang. Have a good night all….:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

After enjoying a high of 63 degrees today we are supposed to have measurable snow starting overnight - whiplash weather, honestly, Lol
        Popped a turkey meatloaf in the oven so there’s leftover, yay.

Mick, I’ve lost track of the number of nesting boxes we have around the yard. Added one for owls last month too. Between the nesting boxes, several feeders & a water source you will attract plenty of birds. The bees & butterflies love the brightly colored annuals so plant a lot
        The family is better, son has returned to work & the boys should be returning to their germ ridden schools tomorrow. We’ll see though, if there’s enough snow school will be cancelled.

Det, good to see you & hope you have a good 2022!
        The bread kit sounds cool, hope you enjoy the process. I’ll be getting another sourdough loaf together myself tomorrow, yum. I hope the teenager pulls her sh*t together soon.

Cyn, glad to hear you are enjoying the company of your family. I think it’s great that they include you in their plans. If you can go out & do things safely then you certainly should
        All I need to do is get rid of the last of the cough that came with this viral thing then I’ll be really good. I hope you get some good news on the apartment soon.

PQ, hope your head is sticking up over the snow, Brrr. Good luck getting back to work!

Pauly, hello to you.
        Sam, PIe, QW, Techie & everyone - sending hellos!

Have a nice night all!
        Lav
        Last edited by Lavande; January 2, 2022, 06:13 PM.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -

Thanks once again for the poetry, Mick! The garden plans sound great. I'm with you on watching the news... if there's ever something important, I usually hear about it in time. Enjoy the snow - hoping it just adds some pretty pleasure.

Det, so good to see you and know that you are okay. Yes, ignore the news and any teenagers... not worth the effort. Congrats on the sourdough starter... I hope it all turns out well... sounds delish. Great to hear from you -

Pauly, hoping all is well for you - happy 2022...

PPQ, goodness, what "whiplash" weather. We had subzero today, but it will climb out tomorrow. Do you have Monday off? Hope so. But whenever, hoping that work goes well... mind the frozen slush!

Lav, it sounds like you are ready for the spring garden catalogs to arrive! Your yard sounds like a haven. How did The Girls do over the holiday? Still happy in their home? Glad to hear that your son and grandsons are better, whew, that was a crazy holiday. Good luck with your cough...

Techie, thanks for the good wishes - sending the same to you for the New Year.

QW and anyone else stopping by, wishing all well -- cheers -

Comment

hiya all how are we today then? Hope all is well with you all. Snow didn't last long yesterday ,turned to rain .today has been a lazy ish day ,done some jobs ,but its like one of those days where it seems you haven't done much. Oh well ...been playing about with the cooker on the van, one of the jets is blocked so I need to clean it through .We booked a site to go to for Christmas ,a place called Castleton in the Peaks ,Julie booked it about 2 weeks ago ....she checked this morning ...it is fully booked already ...

hiya teegee how are you today then? All good hopefully .Snow has gone ,bit wet to be out in the garden, but will probably get out tomorrow. Take care .

hiya Det great to see you matey .been out a couple of times detecting, got that nice Roman brooch.as for trips out ...next one is to the steam gala in February .glad you came through the silly season unscathed ..as for teenager attitudes ..been there done it t shirt is worn out..ignore the attitude mate. Hard at times I know .

hiya Lav ,like a bat out of hell when the morning comes ..meatloaf ...no? ok coat has been got. how's your weather ?did you get the snow? Glad the binlids (kids)are all ok ..Ive got a wildlife camera Ive never set up I might put it out ...yes I definitely want a lot of colour in the garden this year..I cant put anything in pots ,the munchers on legs will have them .I've got to jet wash the greenhouse floor too ...you take care .

this is our forecast from tomorrow....oops

A cold weather alert is in place for most of northern England, with severe icy conditions and potentially heavy snow from midnight on Tuesday into lunchtime on Thursday.

hiya ppqp..how you then? Your weather sounds pretty rubbish too. The seasons have gone a bit daft ,plats are growing when they should be in hibernation. I'm taking out the weeds, and dead growth, I was thinking of putting fruit trees along the back, but when the good weather comes the horses would have them .Go on ,treat yourself to an instant pot ...think of it ..you could turn a task into a hobby ...culinary experimentation .

hiya everyone else ..big shout to yall.

I missed the World Hairdressing Championships on TV last night.
            Does anyone know if they’re showing highlights?

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver have split up after 25 years of marriage.

It's the first marital divorce that needed a mediator, arbitrator, and a translator...

"I see we have the same soup. How long did you heat yours in the microwave for?"

"Five minutes."

A short while later...

"That soup was way too fcking hot to eat, I burnt my mouth."

"Yeah, me too."

Perks Of Being Over 60

Kidnappers are not very interested in you.

No one expects you to run--anywhere.

In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.

People call at 9 PM and ask, " Did I wake you?"

People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.

There is nothing left to learn the hard way.

Things you buy now won't wear out.

You can eat dinner at 4 P.M..

You can live without sex but not your glasses.

You enjoy hearing about other people's operations.

You get into heated arguments about pension plans.

You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.

You sing along with elevator music.

Your eyes won't get much worse.

Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.

Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.

Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.

Your supply of brain cells are finally down to manageable size.

You can't remember who sent you this list.

Morris realized he needed to purchase a hearing aid, but he felt unwilling to spend much money. "How much do they cost?" he asked the salesperson.

"That depends," he said. "They run from $2.00 to $2,000."

"Let's see the $2.00 model," said Morris the miser.

The salesperson put the device around Morris' neck. "You just stick this button in your ear and run this little string down to your pocket," he instructed.

"How does it work?" , asked Morris.

"For $2.00 it doesn't work," the salesperson replied. "But when people see it on you, they'll talk louder."

Quotations from Actual Students Essays
            Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two other sides gently compressed by a thigh master.

His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.

He spoke with wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a
            pinhole in it.

She grew on him like E. coli and he was room temperature Canadian beef.

She had a deep throaty genuine laugh like that sound a dog makes just before he throws up.

Her vocabulary was as bad, as, like, whatever.

He was a tall as a six foot three inch tree.

The revelation that his marriage of 30 years had disintegrated because of his wife’s infidelity came as a rude shock, like a surcharge at a formerly surcharge free ATM.

The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t.

McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a hefty bag filled with vegetable soup.

From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie surreal quality, like when you’re on vacation in another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7 pm instead of 7:30.

Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.

The hailstones leaped up off the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.

Long separated by cruel fate, the star crossed lovers raced across a grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

They lived in a typical suburban neighborhood with picket fences that resemble Nancy Kerrigan’s teeth.

John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.

He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant and she was the east river.

Even in his last years, grandpappy had a mind like a steel trap, only one that had been left out so long, it had rusted shut.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.

The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.

Young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while.

"Oh, Jason, take me!" she panted, her breasts heaving like a college freshman on $1-a-beer night.

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a really duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a landmine or something.

The Ballerina rose gracefully en pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.

It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids with power tools.

He was deeply in love when she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a garbage truck backing up.

She was as easy as the TV guide crossword.

Her eyes were like limpid pools, only they had forgotten to put in any pH cleanser.

She walked into my office like a centipede with 98 missing legs.

Her voice had that tense grating quality, like a generation thermal paper fax machine that needed a band tightening.

It hurt the way your tongue hurts after you accidentally staple it to the wall.
            Last edited by Mick; January 3, 2022, 04:27 PM.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

We just had a light coating of snow, no big deal. The coastal spots like Atlantic City had 10” & flooding in the streets, bad for them.

Cyn, the garden catalogs are starting to arrive. I can’t look at them too soon or I’ll go crazy, haha! The chickens did fine over the holidays & the younger group doesn’t seem to mind being out in the cold. The old girls pretty much stayed in all day. As soon as the last of this cough disappears I will rejoin the world. I just don’t want to scare people if you know what I mean.

Mick, I did a few small things today & have a loaf of sourdough bread dough resting in the fridge overnight & will bake tomorrow. I feel like I didn’t do much of anything either. I think all the pre-holiday busyness throws me off center or something. It’s actually OK if I spend a whole day doing nothing & I keep forgetting that Lol

Hello to Det, Pauly. PQ, Sam & Pie. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Quick note from me, as it is late (for me) and I've had a day... trying to deal with technology that is not cooperating, trying to collect banking information so that I can apply for apartments, nothing is downloading as it should, pretty frustrating in all, but I did manage to get my eyes checked, and they are in really good shape, so I am grateful.

Mick, I'm sure you found some jobs to do! Did you really mean you booked for next Christmas already? Wow. The place has an enchanting name --

Lav, yes, please give yourself time to heal. I find I am not too good at relaxing (though I had to take a little nap when I came in from all my errands in the cold... ��. ) I'm sure the sourdough will be wonderful...

PQ, hoping that your time back at work is okay. Stay warm'

Pauly, hope all is okay at your shop.

Det - would love to hear what you are cooking these days...

Hello to all stopping by - new moon magic is upon us!

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is well. we are promised heavy snow tonight that is supposed to last through till Thursday, at the moment it is very cold far too cold for snow I think but then again I don't get paid vasts amount of money to project the weather! My weather forecasting is All Around stone is wet it rains stone blows it's windy if the pain cones are open then it is going to be dry if the cows are under the tree it is going to be stormy what more you need? I did a bit more in the garden this afternoon getting the Old roots out and breaking the Ground Up. With my two assistants who were willing to eat it all

Hiya lav how are you today then? Hope all is well over there. I am similar in nature to you without a doubt I have to remind myself that it is ok to do nothing, but somehow that does not agree with me. I guess it is just my nature nevermind the catalogues I've been looking out out the seeds I had stashed away in the garage a good few of them will be getting used this year if they they germinate. Hope you have a great day

Hiya teegee and how are you today then? Yes we have already booked for next Christmas in fact we have quite a few breaks booked already throughout the year. This staycation business has certainly taken off over here with a Vengeance. I was talking to my friend this morning he owns a motorhome business, and he cannot get enough of them to sell glad your eyes are ok that's the main thing. Take care have a great day

Hiya everyone else wherever you are hope everyone is ok

Comment

Greetings friends,

Made a quick trip to the stores for some necessities like cough syrup & fresh spinach for my pot of soup, haha.
                    The sourdough baked up nicely & had some with the Tuscan White Bean soup I made, yum . Another snowstorm is predicted for Friday, I think winter has officially arrived here.

Cyn, relaxing is hard to do when your mind is telling you about the 100 things you should be doing, Lol. I am better about it now though than I used to be when I was younger.
                    Good news on the eye exam, i need to go soon myself. Are you working with a rental agent? Maybe they have better internet in their office 7 could get those downloads for you. Good luck!

Mick, sounds like we have similar weather patterns going. I’m just so grateful I don’t have to be out on the roads before dawn anymore & driving with my fingers crossed, you know?
                    I just like a lot of color around the yard, don’t need expensive & fancy plants. I like being able to buy large packages of seeds from American Meadows online. They have suggestions on what will grow best in your particular area, waytoo soon to get excited about that yet, haha!

PQ, are you OK?

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie & everyone stopping by.
                    Have a goood night all.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

I did post yesterday but it probably froze. LOL Holy Dina it's cold out there. It was -29C/-20F with a bitter windchill making it feel like -40C/F. The only saving grace was son went to McDonald's in the morning so he warmed up and brushed off the car. YAY Usually the boss would take us all out for lunch to celebrate someone's birthday. He said since we're not going to a restaurant any time soon he felt the birthday person should have the day off instead. So I'm not going into work tomorrow!!!

Mick...so the old wives tale it's too cold to snow is false. We got plenty of snow last night and more to come tomorrow. Did you get the jet on the cooker cleaned out? I'm glad you were able to book your next Chrimbo adventure, you really have to be on it as you say staycations are exploding. You really got to get that wildlife camera set up.

Lav...rats, I forgot to pick up spinach at the store when I stopped on my way home from work. It does sound like winter has arrived for you. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with this weather tomorrow. Had 3 of my client renters cancel their classes till further notice. With this Omicron everybody is back in wait and see mode. School for kids has been postponed for a week and then they might switch to online again. I can't even think about gardening/seeds right now.

TG...isn't technology frustrating! You follow all the instructions, do everything right and nothing. There's the positive, your eyes checked out ok. Now you can see the light. LOL Work was pretty quiet today, no childcare, no program coordinator, no visitors to the building. So I killed time taking down all the Xmas decorations and then went home.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Big wind blowing right now as I write this!!! Rattling the shingles and windows...

Sounds like everyone is dealing okay with their winters... I got a great report on my eyes, now just need to get new specs...

you win the prize, PPQ, jeez what weather you have to deal with! Glad you were able to have a shorter day because of the weather. Please stay safe.

Mick, glad that you and Julie have your holidays planed well in advance! I have never been very good at that. Enjoynthe garden work and planning.

Lav, I saw with horror the stories of the east coast.. I hope your son wasn't stuck on any hiway, what a nightmare. Also hoping these next storms miss you. Enjoy your sourdough and whatever else you always manage to make yummy.

Sending love to Pauly,Det, Sam, QW, Texhie and all else dropping by... may we be well...

Comment

Good afternoon all. How are we today then? Hope everyone is doing well well. Instead of being as was forecasted under about out 20 inches of snow we have glorious sunshine who stop the sun is cracking the flags. Yes, it is cold but nevertheless it looks really lovely. I've done quite a few little job this morning outside in the garden and re fixing one of the guttering pipes on the roof if. Both rabbits outside enjoying themselves. I go for my blood test tomorrow at 10 to 10 in the morning(obviously it wouldn't be at night!) Up until this blood test I always had to fast the day before full stop for this one all I have to do is not eat red meat the day before. Why this has changed I don't know but happy enough with that!
                          Hiya lav and how are you today then? Hope all is well over in your neck of the woods. Yes that is what I am looking at this year just colour in the garden. I still have a flower on a rose! And some of the plants that should be hibernating are starting to bud out already. I told you my weather system was much more accurate... today the stone is dry! Hope all is well with the family take care and look after yourself

Hiya ppqp wow it's sounds like you're getting some heavy-duty weather there... I must be honest it looks better in Alberta than it does in Lancashire! No I never got the jet fitted properly or cleaned out out on the cooker there is an issue with it in as much as it looks like someone in the past has spilled something over the burner and it has blocked the jet. The little plate on the top of the Ring is screwed on the burner and someone in the past has rounded off posi drive head of the Screw so that I had to drill it out but that now left the length of the bolt still screwed in that won't come out because it feels like to me that it has been cross threaded or has cold welded itself in a nutshell it is going up to get fixed not the Saturday but the Saturday after from the place I got it. Your weather sounds pretty brutal take care of yourself

Hiya teegee how are you today then? hope all is well. I was talking to the motorhome dealer this morning and definitely the staycation holidays are going through the roof. There was a possibility Dr that with different countries opening up up that at the stay-at-home holidays would subside definitely not the case. I used to live in Southport Lancashire will stop they have a great flower show every year ear which is really enjoyable to see and walk around. It has been cancelled for the last 2 years, for obvious reasons but it is back on this year full stop in September Julie looked to buy tickets and book a campsite in Southport for the show which is is in August. Both the show and the campsite were booked up for the 3 days in total. She managed to get a cancellation the other night as she was on the reserve list so that shows you just how mad it is glad you got your eyes report but if you can read it why do you need glasses haha take care look after yourself

Hiya pauly hope you are ok

Right folks that's me have a great day wherever you are be safe be sober

Comment

Good evening frineds,

First of all: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PQ!!!:yay:
                            Hope your day was nice despite being so freaking cold, Brrrrr!!!
                            My granddaughter is in band & chorus at school & both activities have been shut down due to Omicron spreading so quickly, sad.

Cyn, I-95 was closed south of DC during that storm the other day so my kid was able to get to work & back. I can’t imagine being stuck on that road for 18 hrs, ugh.
                            Sounds very cold & windy where you are too, stay warm!!

Mick, sounds like you escaped a huge storm, good for you.
                            I guess you’re having your blood lipids levels checked, good luck

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie, hope all are OK
                            Have a nice night all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, Happy Birthday PQ! Sounds like you had a good one Louie tested positive for covid last night,Kell freaked and gave him a second home test and yup positive, at this point I think its just gonna make its rounds to everybody, he's been home for 2 weeks so who knows how he got it,anyhoo waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF day!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X