Jan 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jan 9th

hiya all how are we today then? hope we are all good. raining again today ,Was on the internet earlier looking for some mature plants ,but there is nothing around atm.I want to try and put some higher bushes, small trees along the back to attract the birds and bees without spoiling the view ...got a few ideas .Julie in work tomorrow ,I get a daily countdown on day left .

hiya teegee how are you then? hope all is well with you .sounds like you are into the Feng Shui in a big way .glad you have the support of your family ,both physically and mentally...I'm sure it makes a huge difference to your well being ..you take care and have a nice weekend .

hiya ppqp how are you feeling today? Hope you are feeling better today ...have you any spare plants in the garden? So the weather has changed for you has it?I take it you are out lying in the sun now. Have a great day .

hiya lav ,how are you then? All good ? Haven't done any work on the trains ,went out and did a shop today frozen foods etc ...thats the freezer full now .yes our land is either too wet or too frozen. I've got a few ideas for the railway ,I want to change things around a bit .did you get the rain and sleet today?have a nice weekend

hiya pauly det sam hope you are all well..
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Jan 9th

Greetings friends,

We lucked out & did not get the freezing rain, just plain old rain off & on all day. Still didn’t go anywhere except make a trek back to the compost pile with coffee & tea grounds, haha. The snow has almost disappeared thanks to the rain.

Thanks for the new week startup Mick. Now is a good time to scan all those seed catalogs that begin showing up the week after Christmas, haha. We have a couple of those tall grass plants, I like them.. the wildlife likes them too as far as I can tell. Baked up a turkey pot pie today - leftover turkey is my thing

PQ, we missed the frozen stuff & that makes me happy. Glad to hear you will be blessed with a heatwave, yay! I don’t think any of us can expect our ‘usual’ winter weather anymore. Times are a-changin!!!

Cyn, I love the idea of Feng Shui but get confused with it myself, haha. I know you’ll figure things out, that’s what you do best
    I can see you hosting a nice dinner for your family at your new place before too long.

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie & everyone.
    Have a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the start up. I'm sure you'll be careful with what you plant along the fence. Don't want those horses trying for a free meal. Julie's daily countdown, LOL. When is she retiring again? Sorry no plants in the garden, we require all plots to be cleaned out for the winter. Feeling better, think I'm just going through a flare up. Psoriasis has exploded on my hands and feet but I was able to get a prescription cream from the pharmacist today. Was hoping to get my pfizer booster but they are out and don't know when the next order will be in. I'll just keep checking back.

Lav...glad you didn't get the freezing rain and look at you exercise, a trip to the compost. LOL It's been a slow warm up today with the low tonight predicted to be -3C/26F so I didn't plug the car in. LOL The chinook is supposed to hit tonight/tomorrow and we'll be warmer by 40 degrees all week. At least the kids will be able to be outdoors when they return to school tomorrow.

TG...hope you're slowly getting settled, just don't overdo it.

Thinking of everyone else. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Another short post from me, as I am worn out from getting things ready for the move on Tuesday. Tomorrow the POD will be delivered, so that will be step one. I did a thorough cleaning of the place today (their idea of clean and mine don't quite match) Now it's sparkling.

Lav, it will be awhile before anyone comes over to eat... no dining room table or chairs! I do have a folding card table and 4 upholstered folding chair... I guess that could do in a pinch... looking forward to becoming re-acquainted with my Instant Pot.

Mick good luck with the plants, PPQ enjoynthe chinook, Lav keep composting and using up that turkey, Pauly here's hoping all are well - and all best wishes to those stopping by...

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is well. for some crazy reason last night I could not sleep properly, and I was up at 4 this morning that very cold today day and overcast as well but as yet no rain no it's forecast full stop spoke to my brother this morning I am going down to see him on Wednesday.

Hiya teegee hope everything goes well for you tomorrow on your journey full stop one of the thingsI did do do was kind of hint to my brother that if he had mature plants in the garden that he may like to donate I knew a willing home for them

Hiya ppqp how are you today then? No problem with regards to the plants I'm sure I will find some somewhere where will stop Julie retires on 31st of March so bang goes my phony cleaning and clearing up after that date! I'm looking to put in some Hawthorne bushes to encourage goldfinches and the likes to come into the garden whilst at the same time the horses won't get their heads over the fence to munch all the plants have a great day.

Hiya lav how are you today . Lucky for you missing out and all that bad weather. Yes I'm already looking at the seed catalogues for mad plants to grow this year, as far as the grass go, the rabbits love them as well but the end up hair cutting the grass
          . Still eating leftover Turkey? How big was the bird you bought. Take care look after yourself

Hiya pauly how are things with you today then? hope all is well

Right folks that's me for today take care have a good one and look after yourself
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening all,

Currently 26 degrees, heading down to 16 overnight - that’s COLD for these parts!!
            Made a bunch of short trips today, supermarket, mushroom store & gas station. How exciting is my life?? Haha

PQ, think about me tomorrow morning when we’re having single digit wind chills & you are basking in the warmth, Lol
            Do you find the cold weather affects your psoriasis? Wouldn’t be a bit surprised. Hope the steroid cream helps quickly.
            The kids will love the nice weather for their return to school.

Cyn, do they unload the POD for you or do you have to hire others to do that?
            The upholstered folding chairs sound pretty comfy to me, LOL. Good luck with everything!

Mick, I roasted just a turkey breast but it was 8 lbs. I immediately put half in the freezer & we just finished off the first half. So I still have leftovers to look forward to, LOL
            I’ll have to look up the names of those tall grasses we have, can’t think of them at the moment.

Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & Pie & anyone dropping by.
            Have a nice night all.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Wow...it felt like summer out there. You could definitely see a change in people's attitudes.

TG...it's a good thing I didn't clean your apartment because you'd be recleaning it. Did the POD arrive as expected? A card table and 4 chairs is all I had for a long time. Just didn't invite anyone over. LOL Gotta say, I wouldn't live anywhere that doesn't get chinooks. It's the only thing that gets me through the winter.

Mick...sounds like my typical sleep pattern. I hope your cold is nothing like we just went through. Does this mean your brother has some mature plants for you? No more sloughing off the cleaning after Mar 31st. I hear TG is pretty good at it though so you might be able to call on her. Checked out the Hawthorne bushes, they'll look great in your garden. Hope your sleep improves for tonight.

Lav...I could live with 16 LOL Thought you were going to say made a bunch of short ribs, now I've got those on the brain. The cold definitely affects my psoriasis. I also have raynauds so my hands a basically red all winter. The steroid cream works really good for me. Usually clears everything up within a couple of days. There were kids everywhere, it was nice to see.

Had our first monthly team meeting and it went really well. This boss is really going to make everyone pull their own weight. Some of the staff were bitching and I just thought if you want to be a part of what gets decided you have to step up. This ought to weed out a few slackers. LOL

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

And good afternoon everyone how are we today then question mark hope all is well well. Reporting in today from a cold but dry Lancashire. Just been down to Costco to fill up with fuel all as I am going down to my brother's tomorrow full stop in the normal fuel stations it is £1.49 a litre in Costco it is 1 .38 per litre. Yes I will see what plants my brother has got when I get there tomorrow. I have got a pile of books for him so fair exchange is no robbery!

Hiya ppqp how are you today then? Hope all is well. Up glad your meeting went well yesterday. Yes S4 the slackers as you say if you don't want to help then goodbye. I'm sure I will come up with some cunning plan in respect of the cleaning I can get round a square corner! Yes I know you have a penchant for helicopters exclamation mark take care and have a good day

Hiya lav and how are you today then? Hope all is well yes like you I had to take it very steady today, my day was so full of excitement it is unbelievable. Had to go and fill the car up, then wait for the ASDA shopping delivery to turn up up and now waiting for a guy who is buying a wheel clamp from me me. Beat that for excitement! The grass you are talking about aren't pampas grass are they? So you went to a mushroom store? Is it large or isn't there mushroom? Ok ok the coat has been got! Hope you have a good day take care

Hiya teegee how are things with you today? Hope all is well with you take care

right folks that is it for today short and sweet but so is this post

Comment

Greetings friends,

Cold but nice & sunny so not complaining
                  There’s talk of a nor’easter arriving Sunday - we’ll see.

PQ, so there may be openings for a program coordinator & an accountant? Haha. It should be fun to watch the process!
                  Looking forward to a balmy 39 degrees tomorrow. Enjoy the warmth while you have it for sure!

Mick, it’s nice you can exchange plants for books with your brother. Sounds like a good old barter system
                  The mushroom ‘store’ sits in the buildings where they grow the mushrooms. You know you’re getting very fresh mushrooms. Mushroom soup day tomorrow!!!

Hello to Cyn, hope things have been moved in for you!

Pauly, Det, Sam & Pie - hello to all!

Have a nice night everyone.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

What an exhausting day! Non stop problem solving. Positives: solved all the problems and the day just flew by. LOL

Mick...warm and slushy here. Our gas prices are on the way up too. Good thing I don't drive anywhere. Safe travels to your brothers tomorrow, hope he's got the plants you want.

Lav...that's exactly what I'm doing, sitting back and watching the shenanigan's. Since I took the minutes for our first Team Meeting I will now chair next month's meeting. I will also be taxed with appointing the minute taker. Hope the program coordinator is up to it because she's getting picked. LOL Hope you don't get clobbered with a nor’easter.

TG...hope the unpacking is going ok. Remember to breath.

Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Thanks for all your sweet support!! Today was move day, and the team of 4 guys made quick work of my things. Poor guys, the apartment complex made the POD guy park quite a bit away from the entrance to my building, but fortunately it as a nice day, and so they just put their hand to,the process.. done in 2 hours! They brought it up tot the second floor (elevator) and I directed traffic and often took boxes and put them in their proper places, so I am t.i.r.e.d tonight, but glad that part is over. Now just crossing diners for a good pickup of the POD tomorrow morning (I had to get extra insurance for using a POD). Then I will able to breathe a sign of relief. Tomorrow POD pickup and unpacking.

PPQ, so glad the boss is "holding people's feet to the fire". Can't wait to hear how the PC reacts to taking the minutes! Glad for your Chinook!

Lav, wow, a mushroom store! You must have a good dairy-free recipe for mushroom soup - when I start cooking again, I'll ask for it! We've been having temps down to the single digits, but today had a mini-Chinook - up to 45! Snow coming in on Friday... stay safe and warm!

Mick, I never heard that you have a brother? How great to trade books for plants, I hope he gets the hint ��. I love the idea of attracting the goldfinches.

Pauly how is this time after the holidays - are you hanging in? Hope all the family getting over Covid, and you are staying well -

Det, back to your busy schedule?

Hello to Sam, QW, Techie, and anyone else who might drop by...

I see the moon getting more and more full - it reminds me that each day the light is a little longer, a little stronger than the last day. Grateful.

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope all is well well I have just got back from my brother's house now. I never brought any plants back with me but he has got quite a lot that I can have. I will go down when it gets a little warmer and dig them out. Really nice to see him, he was in a positive mood. He goes in next week to hospital they are trialling some new drug on him for the cancer. At the moment it is only a small all amount that he has, the last big operation took a large amount of it away. Quite positive use talking about giving up work which will be a bonus without don't he does some crazy hours. He showed me the new canal boat has got, I hadn't seen this one. Very smart he's still working on it it. Apologies for this being short and any mistakes blame the phone it is not my accent. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow

20220112_120552.jpg

20220112_120343.jpg

20220112_120510.jpg

Comment

oh boy ABerooos, not sure where to start but it's been a very trying holiday season for this beat-up garlic breath. kiddo showed up only for presents at Xmas with 3 other friends and they all look like homeless drug-addicts.
                          skinny as rails and all with terrible coughs. about 2 weeks ago we get a call from a detective looking for one of her friends which isn't a good sign, then about 8 days ago we get a call at 3am from the cops and they have arrested
                          our own 15yo dumbass for doing completely insane things and she is still in jail as I type. that, combined with other dreadful crap and all the panic and stress pushed me to my coping skill limits and I drank hard for a couple days, then
                          thankfully quit and am feeling fine again. Good grief, everything is still a complete mess and we just don't know what to do. Then the latest crap news is our rent is going up 250/month which is insane so we are panic-looking for another
                          place. the slimy thing is they sent the lease renewal and price increase timed in such a way we would have had to give notice the same day to move out without breaching the contract. bungholes!

Tree, I hope your move goes smoothly dear. I'm glad you have some help.

Mick, what gorgeous shots.

for personal therapy reasons I went on a snow hike today and just got back. STILL kind of out of breath... good lord. I'll be walking funny tomorrow. Hopefully I got some good pics.

much love to all,

clunk.
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

On a more positive note: a few shots from my hike today: Landscapes 2022 - Google Photos
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings friends,

Mushroom soup turned out good if I do say so myself! Above freezing today & sunny again, nice.

PQ, sounds like you’re in a great position to help change the work environment, good for you

Cyn, glad you finally have all your things in one place. Take your time unpacking, there’s no rush. This is a good time of the year to move & get all those inside jobs done.
                              Let me know when you’re ready to make soup, i’ll share my secrets, haha! Hope you don’t get too much snow on Friday.

Mick, glad you got to spend time with your brother. Great pics, thanks!
                              I hope your brother’s drug trial is helpful for him. Take care.

Det, I am so sorry about the rough time you’ve all been through. I am grateful you stopped drinking right away & din’t hurt yourself.
                              As far as the teen goes - honestly, sitting in juvi for a while just may do her some good! She has to learn there’s consequences to her actions. Getting in with the wrong crowd always leads to stuff like this. She’s young & can straighten up before any permanent damage is done. If she ends up with fines & probation she will have to step up! You take care of yourself & I hope you can find a better priced apartment quickly. Hang in there.

Hello to everyone else & wishing a peaceful night for all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X