febray 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

febray 20th

hi all ..hoe are you today then?all good hopefully ..Well the weather is back to as it previously was ...they said we were going to get a continuation of the storm ...and they were right ...its blowing a hooley again ...and it hasn't stopped raining all night ..unfortunately with the amount of rain we have had coming down ,the lawn ..or what was the lawn ,is starting to puddle up ...not in the places I put the soakaway in ..thats the way the flop mops ...not a lot I can do about it ...the other thing is that the rabbits chewing the grass down doesnt help ..kind of like deforesting a hillside ..again my choice ..2 rabbits or a bowling green lawn
    On to the printer set up ...it went a lot better than I thought..only took me a couple of hours ...but set up the phones ,tablets and my laptop. and to think not that long ago I couldn't even spell kompooter..

hiya teegee ..how are you today then? hope all is good .have you still got the sneezes?hope they have gone .We have found out that the care company for Julies dad ,have not being doing as they said they would..he was left in bed one day ,not given a meal another day,and 3 days ago there was a note in the log to say he had been given a shower..he hadnt ...Julie had folded the towels in a particular way.lets hope the discussion on Wednesday proves more fruitful.hope you have a good day .

hiya Lav ..hows you then? good I hope .Ihavent even looked at windows 11..did you get the snow flurries ?I sent them over express ups to you ..take care .

hiya ppqp..did the snow arrive?hunkered down till Tuesday ? go for it ..Ill give you a shout!!

hiya everyone else hope all is well.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: febray 20th

Good evening kids,

Sunny & quite chilly here but much better than Mick’s weather, haha!!
    Did some more crafty work this afternoon 7 not much else. The chicks are looking good so I’m happy.

Mick, I sure hope all that rain is long gone by now, geez.
    Good job on the printer set up. I don’t even pretend to know how to do that stuff, haha. About the care company for Julie’s dad - have you reported any of your findings to the main office? I know the worker bees are generally unskilled & think nothing about skipping things like meals & showers for the clients. But the people in charge need to know this is happening so they can do something about it, hopefully.

Cyn, I’ve been doing a lot of sneezing the past few days too. Even though everything is still frozen out there I usually get seasonal allergy symptoms early. I take Zyrtec daily & it doesn’t make me sleepy or even help a whole lot. Some people take their daily dose at bedtime so the sleepiness effect doesn’t bother them. When the real allergy season rolls in I swear I just get stupid & lethargic, that’s my allergy S&S in addition to the sneezing, runny nose, etc. I hope all the estate stuff settles soon so you can clear your mind for new things to come :hug:

PQ, hope you are having a fab weekend.

Pauly, Det & Sam, hello!!

I need to turn the news off because I’m getting agitated about Russia & wishing a lightning bolt would strike that beady eyed little monster
    Have a good night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all,

Lav really - maybe do turn off the news - there is literally nothing that we can do about it except visualize peace... really! I spent some time today mentally "chilling out" the Russian line around the Ukraine... who knows, it might help! But if it doesn't, I feel like I've done something, and I will do my best let the rest go, except for sending good energy and good wishes for the poor people of the Ukraine... Maybe there's some grand plan, I don't know... let's hope. (Though I do love your "beady-eyed monster" description!) Glad that the chicks are doing well, and that the embroidery is coming along. Thx for the ideas about meds... I did take 1/2 Zyrtec last night and it got me through until this evening, so maybe I'll try that again. Good luck!

Mick, OMG, so sorry for the continuing storm, that must be exhausting. Well, you'll be able to repair the lawn come summer... there's always something that needs doing, right? I agree with Lav - I hope you can report the inaction of the care team to some upper management. That is really no good to leave a defenseless person without needs being met - hopefully something can and will be done. It must be a little stressful for Julie, hope that it gets straightened out soon.

PPQ - hoping your weekend has been happy, and so glad that you get another day tomorrow. Stay out of the crazy weather if you can!

Beautiful weather here today - 60 degrees F! But we're dropping to lows this week, expecting snow, and by Friday when I drive up to Minneapolis is will be well below zero. Oh well, that's why I kept my long underwear!

Hoping that all our gang is doing well - Pauly, it would be great to hear how you are - Det the same - and hello and best wishes to all stopping by... Take Care -

TG

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav I laughed at your beady eyed comment haha,these dictators of the world drive me crazy! Cyn you're always so sweet to ask about me loved your memories on Facebook the other day,Mick,hope all is well with you,PQ,you too,seems like the folks in Canada are pretty pissed from what I see on the news,seems everyone on the world is pretty pissed about something tho,I quit my job for good,kept trying to get myself fired but she didn't so I just kept calling in and she text Kellie to ask what was up so I sent the owner a nasty text that if she has a question ask ME not Kell! Told her to hire someone if she needed to since she loves hiring and firing so much and that was it,not turning back,much lov3 to all and wishes for a great BF Monday for us all!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? hope everyone is doing good. It is sunny at the moment but still very windy I didn't realise this is the third named storm we have got on the run last night's one certainly caused a lot of damage to property as opposed to life. Thankfully we got away with minimal damage. It continues today apparently but dies out later on.
          Hiya ppqp how are you today then? hope everything is well with you

Hiya pauly so that's it ? You're no longer working in the Madhouse? Best of luck to you hope you get something else very very soon

Hiya teegee how are you today then? hope you're doing ok. What's with the sunshine weather? Trade you some for rain! Yes the lawn is going to take some work when the weather eventually comes. We are away in the van on Thursday if the weather holds just going local but off to see a Steam Gala. You take good care

Hiya lav how are you today then? Yes we had some real bad weather when I took that video it actually got worse yesterday and last night it was just howling gales. Yes Julie did report it to the managers in the company but it was like talking to fortune tellers with a crystal ball the standard reply of we'll look into it. Infernus Julie hasn't got a lot of faith in their my other one in particular yes I'll phone you you and never ever does a mass percentage of them have left the company and moved on that includes some of the senior managers so now really it is what you would call the middle managers that are trying to run the show. Yep you're no talking to a skilled technician in the world of electronics and technology if you believe that you believe that the moon is is made of cheese I started this post it was nice and sunny it is now dark again

Right folks time to go..take care y'all
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening kids,

We had a pretty nice - no need for a jacket kind of day so I can’t complain. A few more days like this before the rain & cold returns.

Cyn, I think I feel so strongly for the people of Ukraine because I’m pretty sure some of my Polish relatives were actually from Ukraine. I’m just basically sick of these dictators & wish they’d all fall off the planet, haha! I have strong negative feelings about Putin since the first time I saw a picture of him. Glad the nighttime dose of Zyrtec is working for you

Pauly, congrats on leaving that job. You will find something to do, anything would likely be a big improvement! Life is too short to be miserable over a job. I hope the kids are doing OK.

Mick, I saw a news video of a plane trying to land at you airport in Manchester. The wind was so bad the pilot had to abort the landing, wow! I would not like to fly in that weather.
            I sure hope things clear up & dry out for your trip coming up. I can’t wait for the world to settle down & workers can get back to work properly. We have a program over here that helps to feed home bound seniors called Meals on Wheels. Do you have anything like this? Meals on Wheels America
            At least Julie’s dad could be assured a hot meal & some company. You still need someone tohelp with personal care though.

Hello to Det, Sam & anyone stopping by.
            Time to hop on my bike that goes nowhere, Lol

Have a nice night!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,

Pauly, so good to hear from you - congrats on leaving that job!! And I love what you said to her, LOL. I am sending good vibes to you for a wonderful opportunity to come your way. Hoping all is well with the kids, and dog(s). Thx for saying that about the FB post... sometimes I think I overdo the memories, so I appreciate your comment. Good luck on everything, and take care -

Lav, oh you are so right about the Beady-Eyed Monster. I feel deeply disturbed about for the Ukrainian people - just like the Polish people in WWII, caught in the middle of hegemony and land-grabbing. It is just so unfair - people just wanting to live their lives and bring up their children peaceably. What makes dictators think that they should have other people's stuff? Seems pretty pre-school to me... someone should have straightened him out on that idea a long time ago. I heard tonight on the news that Russia has nowhere near enough money to stage a war, so of course the entire populace of Russia would suffer that decision. Big sigh. Still sending lots of light and prayers over there...

Mick, I hope that the worst of these storms is over for now, and that you get to go on your getaway - you deserve it! Do you think that the political decisions of a few years ago is why so many of the workers in that field left the country? That's very sad... elderly not able to get their care because of politics. But I have to say, here in middle America, this morning I saw the front page article that was about the Nursing Homes in rural areas just folding up and going away... and the families are left to cope. Maybe the pandemic is being used as an excuse for getting away from being truly human-oriented. Maybe something new will grow up in its place... let's hope.

PPQ, sending you lots of support for your procedure tomorrow. I hope your long weekend was good --

Mick, you didn't need to send your winds all the way over here!! It's begun to blow a hooly here, and the temps are dropping like stones. Ice during the night and snow tomorrow. I'm just glad it is tomorrow and Wednesday... by the time I start out for MN on Friday, I believe that all will have blown out. Crossing fingers. We'll see.

In the meantime, here's hoping that all stay warm and dry and have no bad storms!

Hello to Det and all else dropping by - tomorrow is magical: 2.22.2022! Let's all visualize a better world...

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn you never overdo the memories, don't ever think that I'm sure all your friends love to see you two so happy together Mick sent his wind here too yesterday! There was a dust storm and even our internet went out for the night,hope it's not like that today,Lav,I hope I can find something tolerable at least,that new owner had Kellie In tears yesterday treating her so badly,Kells ready to leave too but just worried about bills,she has a few options but just trying to figure out the best paying one,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And good afternoon all how are we today then ? hope everyone is doing ok. It is lovely and sunny outside but very very windy. The rabbits are quite happy in the conservatory watching the sunshine through the glass! We are going away on Thursday, just getting my stuff ready to put in the van like fleece jumpers and stuff like that wet proof clothing and Monopoly! Looking forward to getting away in the van, anyway Julie just sent me a message earlier on have a look at these see what you think and I'm pretty much sure that I have heard mention of them before on here .Air fryers ... one of them is the ninja duel. So I put a post on the motorhome site to see if if anyone takes them with them and the answer back is they are fantastic. I also just had a phone call from her at work obviously very very busy seeing how would I fancy going down to the Birmingham area on the 19th and 20th of March there is an international miniature dolls house exhibition on. So I guess we're going there as well. today's date 22 222 a once-in-a-lifetime experience

Hiya pauly sorry about the wind(that sounds dodgy) hope things are better today. Best to Kellie as well

Hiya teegee how are you today then ? hope everything is well over your part of the world. Yes the storm is supposed to be over here, but we have still got flood warnings in place and it is windy although it is only about 30 or 40 mph .I do think the lack of care workers is due to the political incidents of a couple of years ago go with us leaving Europe . Because part of that was the immigration status of some of the workers that were in this country . the great divide between those up above that talk and those down below that actually do. A lot of the care workers nurses and people like that left and went back to their own countries and good old Britain ....we thought we could survive without them how wrong are these foolish people. The politicians in those higher up or sorry those that think they are higher up the food chain who have never come into contact with heavy goods drivers nurses doctors crop Pickers care workers and the like. All they saw were immigration figures I really don't care where someone comes from as long as they contribute towards the country's pot which in some cases is a lot more than the lazy ass Brits do. anyway that's another political ramble. You take it easy and take care of yourself

Hiya lav, and how are you.? Is it still a no need for a jacket day over there ? it is the same here however you would get pretty cold if you didn't but the saying still stands! I have a friend who is cabin crew in one of the airlines and he was out all last week, and flew back into Manchester on Friday he said it is the worst landing he has ever had in all his time. We did used to have something similar to that Meals on Wheels .... it was the same name however it got privatised and put it into the private sector hence the issues nowadays. Like you I wish this world would settle down but there are too many playground Warriors doing their own thing at the top of the pile. Quite interesting this morning on the news to hear that the Russians had sent a peacekeeping force into the Ukraine and everyone has gone to see what it's all about very similar to 1939 when Hitler annexed the sudetenland and everyone said it's ok there won't be a war peace in our time .....and the outcome of that lot wasn't so peaceful. We can but hope . this is not really a lot to do with the Ukrainian people this is more to do with the oil and gas supplies methinks and the controlling issue whoever has the Ukrainian gas and oil controls a fair chunk of that market. Julie meets tomorrow with this new manager from the other company so fingers crossed it all works out properly. You take care and have a lovely No Jacket day!

Hiya ppqp and how are you today then? hope everything is well with you

Right folks time to go take care
                  Last edited by Mick; February 22, 2022, 10:09 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Just checking in to say the procedure went well and she didn't find anything to be concerned about. No bleeding, no ulcers, nothing. I had a horrible sleep last night, awake at 2am and couldn't doze off again. So I'm a bit tired and plan on having a nap soon. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Happy 2/22/22 or Twosday!!

PQ, I’m very happy your test results were good
                      Perhaps you have entered the stage where the rest of us are in that there’s certain foods you can no longer tolerate. I know I feel absolutely fine when I’m eating well but the minute I try to add in an old favorite all bets are off. Rest up & have a good night.

Cyn, I really think Putin’s primary interest is the land grab. Whatever he can get his grubby little hands on is what he wants - just like a bunch of toddlers. He couldn’t care less about the people he destroys in his wake.
                      I thought we were supposed to have another nice day here today. It was 60 something but the sun disappeared by lunchtime & thenthe rain showers started. Better than snow I guess.
                      I sure hope the roads are clear on Friday for you. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you as well

Pauly, keep your options open for future employment. You don’t necessarily have to return to hair styling. This may be your chance to jump into something new. When I left nursing after nearly 30 years I thought i was ruined for doing anything else, haha. I worked for a friend’s insurance company for a year & a half (which I hated) then wound up getting into the embroidery biz. Something completely different & I didn’t have to put up with any shitty bosses or coworkers. Keep your eye open!

Mick, sounds like your storm system has finally decided to leave you alone, LOL Packing up for a trip sounds good, hope it’s great for you two. I had to put the jacket back on when the rain started this afternoon. We were down in the Bahamas years ago when a hurricane formed. We ended up being chased out of the resort & back on a plane to Philly. We actually flew over the hurricane, it was awesome to look out & see the clouds stacked up but the flight was smooth. I would have been a nervous wreck if we ended up being tossed around in the wind, geez.
                      How frightening that Putin is following in the footsteps of Hitler, God help us all. There are plenty of war mongers in our Congress, ready to make money on future wars & that really angers me.
                      I hope Julie’s meeting with the new manager goes well & things get settled for her dad.

Hello to Det & Sam, hope you are both well.
                      Have a nice night all!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,
                        Well, we’ll see if i can make any sense at this point in the evening.. i just finished 3 hours of work getting ready to do taxes... eyes are nearly crossed!

Pauly, I congratulate you on making this big leap - you deserve a job that you like — it takes guts to move forward, but you did it!!! The right thing will come to you, i’m sure... keep your heart and your eyes open... also sending best wishes to Kell for the right thing to come along. (And thx for your FB comments)

Lav, glad that you had part of a Jacket Off day... not here - it’s 0 F at the moment, and didn’t get much higher than that all day. Windy too, so there were wind chill warnings... but i got a present off in the mail to a friend who is very ill... a beautifully illustrated book about crossing to the “the other side of the veil”... i was hoping to get out west by now to see this friend, but i may not make it in time... so at least there is something to hopefully make him smile and be at peace. Wishing you and the chicks more sunny days! (I’m sending prayers for thise poor people in Ukraine that have to deal with these incursions... the site of them clearing rubble away from their homes... for what? Aaargh. Still hoping this can be dialed back, but not sure how...

Mick, glad to hear that Julie has a meeting with the manager... hope things get straightened out. Yes, i remember speaking with a lot of my Brit friends at the time of Brexit... they felt that too few folks understood the consequences of the decision... i guess that it turning our to be true. So sorry that it is impacting your lives this way. The dollhouse trip sounds great, as does your next outing... good luck packing, and here’s hoping the weather cooperates!

PPQ, congrats on your good report. Sorry you had to go through the procedure, but so glad all is well. Hopefully now you can relax and de-stress. Maybe spring will arrive for us all sooner rather than later... i think we are all ready for it...

Well, i’m taking my tired eyes and brain off to bed... i will be going to southern CA some time in March to help out my nephew’s family... he is going through chemo and radiation for naso-pharyngeal cancer (only 51 years old...) but trying to get through that in a tiny house with 4 kids at home is tough. They asked if i could lend a hand, so i’ll be going there fairly soon... hence the need to get my taxes done now.. i want that ‘done and dusted’ before i leave...

Wishing all well and healthy... and happy too - hello to all friends dropping by -

Comment

Hello and how are we today then? Hope all is well over there I think we may have spoken too soon with regards to the storms being over it is pouring with rain this morning and horizontal wind full stop the weather forecast for the weekend looks good so fingers crossed. Siri has just phone me she has met with the manager I don't know what the outcome is, however yesterday she was sent an itinerary which didn't sound as if they could provide everything that was required so I don't know wish have to wait and see otherwise it is back to the drawing board full stop this weekend is a Steam Gala so there are some nice steam locomotives on show one in particular called the Royal Scot so no doubt I'll get a bimble on that.

Hiya lav and how are you today then? Yes we have plenty of warmongers over here as well unfortunately they are packing peashooters the British Army is assembled behind the scout hut on Salisbury Plain ready to advance full stop the British sanctions against Russia are absolutely laughable they have an trading with 3 Russian banks and suspend the accounts of 5 Russian oligarchs that is it Putin must be lying worried sick I'm sure you're right it's about landgrab and the natural resources in the area. I remember being caught in a tropical storm when I was down Florida Keys tropical storm Gordon I think it was called and it followed me all the way back up up over the keys and into Tampa. On one of the news reports I saw the place where we have been staying have been smashed to bits. Despite all this bad weather my plants in the greenhouse are really coming up well. Hope you have a great day

Hiya ppqp and how are you today then question mark glad the test results came back in your favour yes welcome to we need to be careful what we eat gang! Maybe we can trade foods between us!!take care and take it easy over the weekend

Hiya teegee how are you doing? Hope all is good with you. Yes I think brexit was sold under a completely different umbrella. Not to worry. How are you keeping? Are you sleeping any better now? Hope so take care and look after yourself

Hiya pauly how are you today then? Stay positive keep focused on finding new employment my friend and rather than going back to the Lunatic Asylum. Best for kell as well

Hiya det how are you mate let us know how things are

Right folks time to go. Take care

Comment

I just got a job as a cuckoo in a cuckoo clock.
                            It’s not the best job in the world, but it gets me out of the house.

Tom is applying for a job as a signalman for the local railroad and is told to meet the inspector at the signal box. The inspector decides to give Tom a pop quiz, asking: "What would you do if you realized that two trains were heading towards each other on the same track?" Tom says: "I would switch one train to another track." "What if the lever broke?" asks the inspector. "Then I'd run down to the tracks and use the manual lever down there," answers Tom. "What if that had been struck by lightning?" challenges the inspector. "Then," Tom continued, "I'd run back up here and use the phone to call the next signal box." "What if the phone was being used?" "In that case," Tom argued, "I'd run to the street level and use the public phone near the station." "What if that had been vandalized?" "Oh well," said Tom, "in that case I would run into town and get my Uncle Leo." This puzzled the inspector, so he asked, "Why would you do that?" "Because he's never seen a train crash."

So we are going to impose economic sanctions on Russia. Putin must be shaking in his shoes.

Panic buying of Marmite and HP Sauce has been reported in Moscow.

The building site I'm working on got robbed by scousers;
                            We found all the bricks jacked up on bricks...

Comment

Greetings friends,

Had a nice lunch meetup with two old work friends today. I’m always happy to reunite with my tribe
                              It hit 71 degrees this afternoon & tomorrow we are promised rain, sleet & possible ice. Exactly how does that work? Crazy weather whiplash for sure, haha.

Cyn, tax work is so tiring, sorry. That’s so sad about your nephew’s diagnosis. I hope he can heal & see his kids finish growing up :hug:
                              Sorry to hear about your friend as well.
                              From what i can gather on this evening’s news the invasion into Ukraine is in the works. I feel like most of teh world is praying for those people, I know I am.

Mick, sorry the rain has returned. I hope your getaway is successful & at least somewhat sunny
                              I keep reading that Russia & Putin don’t have the money needed for a full on war. I sure hope the sanctions help in that department. Glad to hear your plants are happy so far. Hope they stay that way

PQ, hope you are well!

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a good night everyone.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X