Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feb 27

MAE ALL...

Just kicking off the new thread as I hope Mick is out flying his drone. Off to get breakfast but I will be back....:smile:PPQP

Re: Feb 27

Hiya all. How are we today..hope all is well with you. Been a busy day. Not long back in and I've been editing a video of all the stuff from this weekend been a lovely day..back home tomorrow..take care all
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Nice around here today but still chilly. Spring is on the way though, I’m sure
      Younger grandson asked to spend the day here so he could see the new chicks & eat a ton of free food, haha! His father just picked him up.
      Thenew chicks are happy & growing well, so far so good.

PQ, hope your day was fabulous!

Mick, sounds like your day went well too. Have a careful trip home tomorrow.

Cyn, Pauly, Det & Sam, hello to all of you.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...looking forward to seeing the video. Glad you had a good day. Safe travels home tomorrow.

Lav...sure felt like a spring day here today. All the slush has melted! I think the grandson's excuse to see the new chicks was his way into his favorite restaurant, Grandma's kitchen. I'm glad the new chicks are doing good.

TG...hope your trip was uneventful and that you're safe and sound.

Det...would be nice to know that everything is ok in your world. :hug:

Waves to Sam & Pauly...assuming everything is same old, same old.

Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...back home ...its poured down all night ,got home ,and went straight out and picked up the rabbits ..so they are back safely ensconced in their hoose .van is unloaded,cleaned out ready for next trip.The video I did ,I prefer to keep as private as opposed to chucking them on you tube ,so I will send it to yall. if any one wants it then let me know .
          ppqp..too windy for the drone plus a bit near the railway

So lav, was the youngster impressed with the chicks ..or more so with the food in moms and pops?Ive got some miniature daffodils growing in the front lawn ..I forgot that I planted them a couple of years ago ..

teegee how are you then today? hope all is well ..

Pauly n Det you good folks?

"Sweden to send arms to Ukraine"

I hope they remember to include the Allen keys and helpful assembly diagrams, and don't have critical screw missing.

Russian Rouble turns to Rubble!

- Italy fully backs EU sanctions against Russia

Rather ungrateful; how could anyone forget the liberation of Italy by Field Marshal Suvorov in 1799 ?

Unveiled threat from Switzerland:
          “Fck you Putin; from now on you can buy your cuckoo clocks elsewhere.”

Financial Topics Explained

Once upon a time in a village, a man appeared and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10 each.

The villagers seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at $10 and as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort. He further announced that he would now buy at $20. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer increased to $25 each and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on behalf of him.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers. "Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $35 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for $50 each."

The villagers rounded up with all their savings and bought all the monkeys. Then they never saw the man or his assistant, only monkeys everywhere!

Now you have a better understanding of how the stock market works...

Why must I prove that I am me to pay my bills over the phone? Do strangers
          call to pay my bills? And, if they do, why don't you let them?

The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can
          be in a robe, before you start looking like a mental patient.

My therapist said that my narcissism causes me to misread social situations.
          I'm pretty sure she was hitting on me.

My 60 year kindergarten reunion is coming up soon and I'm worried about the
          195 lbs. I've gained.

I'm getting kind of tired always slowly raising my hand when someone asks,
          "Who does something like that?"

I always wondered what the job application is like at Hooters.. do they just
          give you a bra and say, "here fill this out"..?

Four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Jeff Gordon announced that this will be
          his final season of racing. You could tell it was time for him to retire
          during his last race when he had his blinker on the whole time.

The speed in which a woman says "nothing" when asked "What's wrong?" is
          inversely proportional to the severity of the storm that's coming.

Denny's has a slogan, 'If it's your birthday, the meal is on us.' .....If
          you're in Denny's and it's your birthday... your life sucks!

If I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "Thank you" is all I need.....not
          all this, "how did you get in my house" business!
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Happy it’s the last day of February. It wasn’t a bad month but I just like March better, haha!
            I made a pot of mushroom soup & a sheet pan full of healthyish’ nachos for dinner for something different.

PQ, glad you’re getting some milder weather. Winter gets so boring, Lol.
            Every time I get new chicks my grandson wants one. They can’t keep chickens where they live so I tell him he can pick out one or two of mine & consider them his. He’s decided when he grows up & has his own place he will have chickens, awesome

Mick, your video was top; notch, great job!!!
            Sorry the rain found you again, better than snow, right? Enjoy the daffodils, love them

Cyn, hope you are OK.

Pauly, how was your day? Anything on the job front?

Det, I guess. You are busy, hope all is well.

Sam, we haven’t seen you in ages!

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...too bad for the wind but definitely not worth crashing the drone. Glad the whole family is home safe and sound. Wow, van already to go for the next trip, good job. Some good jokes there but the one that may me laugh out loud was the Denny's birthday one.

Lav...I think it's great that your grandson wants to raise chickens. Does he do any of the work that goes with them? Cleaning out the hen house etc. I can't believe Mick's got daffodils coming up already, we're going back to the deepfreeze with snow tomorrow night. At least it's supposed to be sunnier tomorrow.

Thinking of the rest of the gang and hoping all is good with everyone. I'm just swamped at work these days with a few deadlines coming up. Time to relax and escape into my book. LOL Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

MAE ALL,

Sorry to be away... did I say I was going out of town? I hope so. Wild trip - 20 minutes out on Friday a heavy piece of metal (that I had swerved to avoid) was pushed right into my lane by a passing truck. Front left tire (tyre) absolutely shredded. It was COLD and windy, but fortunately the AAA truck came pretty quickly and put the spare on - just a donut tire, so I knew I had to get a new one. Long story short - got the new tire, and turned around and started out again! Couldn't make it all the way, so stayed in a hotel about 2 hours out... missed my friend's show for the Friday night, but got settled with a friend on Saturday and tried to get emotionally strong to present a speech about my dear departed at one event (700 people attending!) and then the next afternoon heard a concert of friends (lovely, but a lot of memories and emotions). Today I drove home. Spent.

Will try to get taxes done and all other things in hand before flying out west to help my step-daughter with a medical test, and then go down to southern california to help my nephew and family. My head is spinning... hope I can get it all ready in a week.

Miss you all - sorry to be out of touch - hoping to be better at least in the coming week...

Take care all - scary times. Update your software, double up on computer security, keep your car filled and some cash on hand. Who knows what might be headed our way? In the meantime, sending those brave Ukrainians heavy-duty prayers and safety and some sleep. What a world.

Sending care to all -

Comment

WHITE RABBITS And good morning all how are we today then ? hope everyone is doing well. Broadcasting today from a lovely sunny day in the Pennines. You would not believe the change in the weather it is absolutely gorgeous....already this morning I have been out playing in the garden, I've also washed the van down and planted up some plants in no particular order. Also dried the hoses off and cleaned everything that we used over the weekend. Van is ready to go again. That's providing the fuel prices don't go through the roof already we have panic buying over here. Both rabbits lying in the conservatory in the sun

Hiya lav how are you today then ? hope all is well and your weather is as nice today as ours is. Julie has a meeting this afternoon with the other care company to see what they can provide. I hope this one proves successful it is starting to wear her down. It is her birthday on Friday ( I'm at the dentist) but Amy has bought her a personalised number plate for her car. I tried to jump on the bandwagon and say it was from both of us but it never happened! I enjoy putting the video together, but it is more difficult than what you actually think... I thought this will be a breeze.... just chuck them all together with a bit of music wrong! I think it was a bit too long next time I will probably do a couple as opposed to just one take care have a great day

Hiya ppqp how are you today then ? how did you weekend go? Hope all is well. Yes the daffodils are just starting to open slightly now but don't take that as a sign.. it's not the first time this has happened and then gets spanked with a Frost. How is work going? Any word on the programme coordinator or is she history? Take care and look after yourself

Hiya teegee and how are you today? Yes you're right the world is all over the place let's hope it gets sorted very soon there are people dying for one man's greed and power. I take it a doughnut tire is just a kind of get you home tyre? an emergency one that takes up less room . Reading your post it sounds like you're going at 90 mph slow down relax chill(says he) the main thing is to take care and look after yourself

A big hello to everyone else take care and look after yourselves
                  Last edited by Mick; March 1, 2022, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Pretty nice today, near 50 degrees. We took advantage of the weather & went out & dragged home 300 lbs of chicken feed because those girls never stop eating, haha!!
                    Still too soon to be doing any garden cleanup or planting but it will come soon enough I guess.

PQ, I hope the snow is a No Show, geez.
                    I think I’m going to push my little friend into doing more ‘chicken chores’ when he’s here, just to see if he’s really interested. All the kids are good at collecting eggs & taking snacks out to the girls. The heavy work is another story.

Cyn, I’m so sorry yuo had that happen on the road. My son just went thru that on I 95, had to have the car towed because the piece of metal did more damage than wrecking. The tire, ugh.
                    Glad you made your destination safely. I’m sure you were pretty well spent after that. Please don’t run yourself ragged taking care of everyone else. That’s a habit I’ve been trying to break for a lot of years :hug:

Mick, so the nice weather arrives AFTER your trip, haha! Your luck sounds about as good as mine.
                    I hope Julie got some good news at the meeting this afternoon. These things shouldn’t be so hard to manage. I hope you find a nice birthday present for her, don’t be cheap, Lol

Hello to everyone else & have a nice night all.
                    Time to put the chickens to bed

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Busy, busy at work these days. Booked my first wedding! YAY People are coming out of the woodwork wanting to book events. I'm starting to feel a little stressed as I have deadlines and certain things aren't getting done. I have a one-on-one with the boss tomorrow (every 2 weeks) so will catch him up on everything and get things going.

TG...Yup, you told us you were going out of town, doesn't mean we won't keep posting to you. I thought you were headed to your nephew's didn't realize you had the other event. Scary drive for you, glad you're ok. Sounds like you have a busy schedule ahead of you, remember to take some time for you and chill.

Mick...isn't that just typical, the minute the vaca is over the good weather shows up. Glad you're getting the same at home, easier to get things done as you never stop. Hope Julie's meeting was positive. I agree, breaking up the video might be worth it. Although it was long I sure enjoyed it. You're going to have to come up with something for Julie's bday, especially since she upgraded you to first class. The boss has decided he's going to move into the program coordinator's office, bigger space and better situated for meetings. He doesn't think the PC is coming back but if she does we'll stick her in his old office.

Lav...we had a nice warm, sunny day here as well. Tomorrow will be a different story. The heavier snow is supposed to arrive later this afternoon so at least I won't have to shovel the car out in the morning. Nice score on the chicken feed, hope that lasts for awhile. How old is your grandson? I forget. It might be worth exposing him to the rest of the work before he decides about raising his own. But there's probably time.

Time to relax and put something on for supper. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Yesterday was obviously a bit of a blimp, today day we are back to normal persisting down with rain. I was out in the garden her despite the rain wants to get a couple of plants putting the ones in the greenhouse are doing absolutely brilliant. I bought a new fitness band and that came yesterday, it's an amazbit band 5. Pretty good at seems to be working ok at the moment of know to be honest instructions that came with it are worse than useless. Luckily enough there are instructions on the internet it is pretty good however it showed my sleep has been really poor. I went to bed about 10 last night, never slept much was up at 5 this morning and they told me I had slept for 3 hours probably right but it looks pretty rubbish when you see it in print.

Hiya lav and how are you today? hope everything is going well. Yes, it seems like we are on the same wavelength as far as luck goes! My plants are doing well in the greenhouse I've just got that impatient touch to get them out! Hope you have a good day

Hiya ppqp how are you today then? Firstly don't get stressed what happens will happen, you work to live remember? Secondly congratulations on getting things on the way with regards to bookings. Don't know how you get on with the new boss on your one-to-one bilat with him today day why don't you tell him that that because of previous events in respect of the program coordinator and the previous boss you did lose a bit of confidence and you would feel better with his support. It's a mile at so it will be recorded anyway. Best of luck with that one if he has any sense he will assist you. Yes I agree with you with respect of the video being shortened or indeed making two videos as opposed to the one 10 it's quite difficult getting free music off the internet that you don't have to pay royalties on to match up with videos. Did you get the snow? Take care and look after yourself.

Hiya teegee how are you today then? Hope everything is doing ok for you. Take care

Hello everyone else hope you are well take care stay safe look after yourselves and remember the plight of the ukrainians

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Yesterday was obviously a bit of a blimp, today day we are back to normal persisting down with rain. I was out in the garden her despite the rain wants to get a couple of plants putting the ones in the greenhouse are doing absolutely brilliant. I bought a new fitness band and that came yesterday, it's an amazbit band 5. Pretty good at seems to be working ok at the moment of know to be honest instructions that came with it are worse than useless. Luckily enough there are instructions on the internet it is pretty good however it showed my sleep has been really poor. I went to bed about 10 last night, never slept much was up at 5 this morning and they told me I had slept for 3 hours probably right but it looks pretty rubbish when you see it in print.

Hiya lav and how are you today? hope everything is going well. Yes, it seems like we are on the same wavelength as far as luck goes! My plants are doing well in the greenhouse I've just got that impatient touch to get them out! Hope you have a good day

Hiya ppqp how are you today then? Firstly don't get stressed what happens will happen, you work to live remember? Secondly congratulations on getting things on the way with regards to bookings. Don't know how you get on with the new boss on your one-to-one bilat with him today day why don't you tell him that that because of previous events in respect of the program coordinator and the previous boss you did lose a bit of confidence and you would feel better with his support. It's a mile at so it will be recorded anyway. Best of luck with that one if he has any sense he will assist you. Yes I agree with you with respect of the video being shortened or indeed making two videos as opposed to the one 10 it's quite difficult getting free music off the internet that you don't have to pay royalties on to match up with videos. Did you get the snow? Take care and look after yourself.

Hiya teegee how are you today then? Hope everything is doing ok for you. Take care

Hello everyone else hope you are well take care stay safe look after yourselves and remember the plight of the ukrainians

20220302_151807.jpg

20220302_151730.jpg

dont know why but it has put the post in twice and wont let me delete it .
                          Last edited by Mick; March 2, 2022, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Nice-ish day here . Looks like it will be in the mid-50’s most of the week with some rain moving in Thursday which is probably Mick’s rain, haha!!
                            I’m trying to get more steps in daily & spend less time on the bike since the weather is easing up. Whatever I do it needs total 60 minutes

PQ, with business ramping up & the pandemic nearing the end you’re going to feel extra busy. I have a feeling it’s going to work itself out though in the end. Hang in there & stay happy
                            My grandson is turning 11 in April & he’s a hearty kid so he should be able to sling chicken poop for me, Lol. I’m mostly looking for ways to get him off his phone & laptop when he’s here. I can always offer a $$ incentive, that usually works.

Mick, your daffs look very pretty, love the bright yellow after a winter of everything being brown.
                            I’ve ordered a bunch of seeds & will get YB to start plants in the greenhouse for me, eventually. Good luck with the fitness band, be sure to follow the directions you found.
                            I’m dealing with that weird sleep pattern too, sleep for an hour or two then wide awake for a few hours then sleep again for a few hours. It’s annoying &I wonder if the chnaging season has anything to do with it, who knows?

Cyn,. Hope you are well today.

Hello to Pauly, Det & everyone.

Have a nice night all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL…

Mick…better to have it post twice than not at all. LOL The boss and I get along great. The one-on-one bilat is basically to find out how things are going and if there’s anything he can do to help. He is very supportive and well aware of what transpired over the last 5 years. He has the same attitude as you about work to live. I think my biggest problem is I’m a perfectionist. The first thing he said was if you could look after the programs for now there will be a salary adjustment. We’ve had a lot of laughter in the office lately and it’s been nice to see. No snow this morning just fog which is very rare. Bit of freezing rain out there right now with snow forming overnight. I don’t think the snow will amount to much and we’re back to above freezing temps on the weekend. Our Community Garden AGM is next week and I’ve been getting swamped with requests for a garden plot. We could double our garden and still not have enough for the amount of people on the waitlist.

Lav…yes, I just have to take a breath and know that it’ll all work out. I’m one of those that want it done yesterday. I think your grandson having a paying job working with your chickens is a great idea and it would get him off his phone & laptop. Pick me as the 3rd member of the waking/sleeping gang. Same pattern here for me.

:hiya: to Sam, Det, Pauly and TG….have a restful night all…:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X