6 Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 Feb

Mae all ..quick jump in ...hope we are all well..another love;ly day out there today .cleaned the pumps out on the water features ..they are all working now ..cleaned the conservatory windows they were bugging me .Still no let up in the Ukraine I see ..

hiya teegee .how are you today then ? hope all is good ..so you are in the home of the SAC are you ...are there any noise levels ? I watched this again on you tube this morning ...absolutely brilliant ..and so are the other similar ones.. hope you have a good day .

hiya Lav how are you then? hope all is well.No plants in yet?at least you have the manure to put them in when they do land .Im just looking through what seeds I have to start planting up .Where did your daughter get the tarantula idea from?Well done you for helping out with the Ukrainian issue ..

hiya ppqp ..how are you then?..great idea ..weather nice went home ...excellent ..went to plug a charger in this morning ...it wasnt working ...can we guess why? it begins with rabbit ...and ends with Bonnie ...hope today is as good for you ..

hiya pauly ..you ok ?

det ...yooo hoo..where are you hope all is ok friend ..

sam the man ..hows you mate ..

Mr. Greenberg was an illiterate immigrant, but he worked hard, saved his pennies, and started a small business. It did well, and soon he had enough money to send for the wife and children. The work kept him very busy, so he never had time to learn to write, but the bank was happy to do business with him, even though his signature consisted of two X’s.

He prospered, he opened more stores, the kids were transferred to private schools, the family moved into a fancy house (with one staircase going nowhere just for show)…you get the idea.

One day his banker, Mr. Smith, asked him to drop by.

“So vat’s the problem?” Greenberg asked, a bit anxiously.

Smith waved a bunch of checks at him. “Perhaps nothing,” he said, “but I wanted to be on the safe side. These recent checks of yours are all signed with 3 X’s, but your signature of record has just 2.”

Greenberg looked embarrassed. “I’m sorry about making trouble,” he said, “but my vife said that since I’m now such a high-class rich guy, I should have a middle name!”

Murphy drops some buttered toast on the kitchen floor and it lands butter-side-up. He looks down in astonishment, for he knows that it's a law of nature of the universe that buttered toast always falls butter-side-down, so he rushes round to the presbytery to fetch Father Flanagan. He tells the priest that a miracle has occurred in his kitchen, but he won't say what it is, so he asks Fr. Flanagan to come and see it with his own eyes. He leads Fr. Flanagan into the kitchen and asks him what he sees on the floor.

"Well," says the priest, "it's pretty obvious. Someone has dropped some buttered toast on the floor and then, for some reason, they flipped it over so that the butter was on top."

"No, Father, I dropped it and it landed like that!" exclaimed Murphy.

"Oh my Lord," says Father Flanagan, "dropped toast never falls with the butter side up. It's a miracle... No... Wait... It's not for me to say it's a miracle. I'll have to report this matter to the Bishop and he'll have to deal with it. He'll send some people round; to interview you, take photographs, and so on..."

A thorough investigation is conducted, not only by the archdiocese but by scientists sent over from the Curia in Rome. No expense is spared. There is great excitement in the town as everyone knows that a miracle will bring in much need tourism revenue.

Then, after 8 long weeks and with great fanfare, the Bishop announces the final ruling.

"It is certain that some kind of an extraordinary event took place in Murphy's kitchen, quite outside the natural laws of the universe. Something has definitely happened which cannot be explained by Earthly means. Yet the Holy See must be very cautious before ruling a miracle and all other explanations must be ruled out. And so, unfortunately for that very reason, in this case, it has been declared 'No Miracle' because they think that Murphy may have simply buttered the toast on the wrong side!"

I just had a WKD with ice in it.
    It was Wicked.

A delivery man knocked on my door today and said, "I have a parcel for your next door neighbour."
    I said, "you've got the wrong house then mate! "

A grasshopper goes into a bar, hops up on the counter and says to the bartender, "give me a drink."
    The bartender says, "hey, there's a cocktail named after you!"
    The grasshopper says, "you mean there's a drink called Bob?"

After years of research scientists have identified the biggest cause of dry skin...
    Towels.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 6 Feb

Good evening friends,

Allow me to be the first to announce that this is the 6th of MARCH & not Feb haha!! I was just a little confused when I saw the date Mick
    Nice spring-like day here with showers this morning then some sun in the afternoon. Supposed to be like tis most of the week they say. I made an army size dish of haluskli today (cabbage & noodles) in honor of those suffering in eastern Europe. Wish I could feed sone of them. The news gets worse by the day, no end in sight.

Mick, I’ve been picking up seed packages here & there & ordered some from Baker Creek because they’re donating to the Ukrainian cause. I’ll get YB to get them started in the greenhouse for me. No sense in doing them in the house if I don’t have to do so.
    It’s my daughter-in-law with the tarantula fetish, not my daughter. A few years ago they went to a reptile show somewhere & saw these creatures & started buying them. They apparently reproduce pretty quickly so she’s been selling them . I have no idea why anyone would want them but apparently they do, eeww
    My daughter, like me wouldn’t. Touch those creepy things with a 10 ft pole, Lol. Glad your weather is cooperating.

Hello to Cyn, saw your post on the old thread. I saw the news about the tornado in Iowa, very destructive.
    I hope you’re OK & can relax despite the sirens, etc.

PQ, hope you had a good weekend. Still getting the mild weather too?

Pauly & Det, hello. Hello Sam too.

Have a nice night all. Going to get back to sewing, I had to stop earlier because my hands cramped upon me. It’s official - I’m old, haha!
    Have a nice night all.

Lav.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope all is well over there yet another really sunny day over here, I've just been down to Costco to fill up with fuel it took me 45 minutes in the queue there are that many people waiting to fill up. Had some really mad ideas last night with redoing garden, including building a pond but I've sacked that idea. Yes it would be nice again but the point is I've got this van so when the good weather comes I would rather be out in the van as opposed to sitting in the garden so I wouldn't get the full potential of the pond and if that kind of makes sense full stop another couple of considerations to take in but nevertheless the idea has now been shelved full stop of this morning in the loft cleaning the tracks of the railway, tried a couple of engines on them no problem at all. Just waiting for Julie to get back now from doing the assessment at her dance, she sounded quite positive when I spoke to you on the phone so fingers crossed. The carer this morning who went Her dad's, they are supposed to be scheduled for an hour they were there 38 minutes and had written in the book that they had washed him and everything else it's. All the tools were dry water had not been run in the sink the bath bathroom or indeed the shower there is no chance he still had the same clothes on as yesterday this isn't the first time they've been caught out at this so they are history unfortunately there are no real avenues for complaint but it just shows how crap the social care system is over here. They are getting paid a good wage for the ones that are in there and doing sod all full stop that doesn't apply to everyone common there are some professionals but there are some real lazy obnoxious people. Strangely enough I've been told to stay in the background can't think for one minute why. Anyway rant over

Good for you lav with regards to the seeds and helping out with ukrainians the cycle I need as much help as they can from that horrible despot, although it isn't the walk in the park he thought it was going to be full stop please God let one of his own take him out there are enough people protesting. Short and sweet I know no but I bid you farewell and speak to you later take care look after yourself everyone
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Waiting for a severe thunderstorm predicted for this evening. The wind has been gusty all day long.
        Went to pick up one grandson from school & deliver him to his home. Got back home myself & got a call from the other grandson that he missed his bus. So I turned around & retraced my steps. Thinking about charging them for these rides considering the cost of gas - that was a total of 30 miles, haha!!

Mick, I’m so sorry about the poor home care situation for Julie’s dad. That is so sad when you think about it & good reason to fire those lying home care aides. I wish I lived closer, I’d go over & give him a hand, it’s not that difficult.
        We never go anywhere anymore, Lol but especially during summer. There’s too much to do outside. I would need to find someone to care for the dog & cat & chickens & greenhouse. You should enjoy taking the van out while you can. Someday that may be too difficult to do then you can stay home & play in the garden.
        The Russians apparently are targeting civilians, that’s war crime territory & good reason for their leader to be removed, one way or the other. Watching the news right now & it just gets worse by the day.

Hello to Cyn, PQ, Pauly & Det.

Be well everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

We had a staff meeting this morning and the boss surprised me with a $100 gift certificate where I shop for groceries. It was in appreciation for all the work I've been doing. Wasn't expecting that at all and boy will it come in handy this week. I can also use it to buy gas!

Mick...you did throw me with that thread title. I thought how did that get to the top of the list and then it dawned on me, oh he meant March. LOL That's the pits about the homecare worker and it's so maddening when you don't have any recourse. It would be nice to see her fired. I just laughed when you said you were told to stay in the background. Hope Julie has got the problem solved. Now you've talked about a water feature in the back yard before and decided not to. You're right, keep things simple at home so you can van off at a moments notice. There'll be lots of time to sit in the garden later.

Lav...the temp rose all night and it was above freezing when I left for work. By 10am the winds had shifted and it started snowing. We're going to be cool for the next couple of days but no deep freeze. You should be charging the parents for gas but then they'd probably just make the kids take the bus which I don't think is an option for one of the grandkids. It was nice to see my caterer yesterday, she is from Ukraine. She has family over there in a few towns including Kyiv. Everyone is fine, they had to evacuate for a couple of days but they're all back now. One aunt has a huge cellar so the house is full of family and friends. I'm just scared how all this is going to end up.

TG...busy as always, I think you said you were heading out next week? Hope you get the paperwork done so you don't have to think about it. You'll have enough on your mind.

Waves to Det, Sam and Pauly. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then question mark hope all is well. Had an interesting and busy day today full stop looked at the kitchen last night and decide the skirting boards needed painting common in fact I had looked before and decided that. Up last night I masked it all up and today I repaint them and at the same time I sanded down the doors and repainted them as well! And then went up in the loft checking my trains. Oiled and serviced them. Had a problem with one of them but eventually got it going. It was lovely outside earlier on on but it has gone dull now.

Hiya ppqp well done to you I'm getting the bonus vouchers you deserve them. I really hope programme controller finds out she might throw a titty fit and decide she isn't coming back at all! Yes I'm definitely not putting another water feature into the garden it was an idea that's about it. You take care well done and have a great day

Hiya lav and how are you today then? Hope all is well. Bless you thank you for your offer if you were closer. Yes it's a disgrace but hopefully things will be sorted out by tonight I really hope so. You're right the day will come when I can't drive everywhere in the van so make the most of it now. I gave a donation last night to a couple or taken their motorhome out to the Polish Ukrainian border and are buying stuff on the way across for the refugees despite the scumbag despots there really are some nice people in the world. There are all sorts of stories come out of the Ukraine are very brave nation full stop take care and have a good day

Hiya teegee how are you today then? Hope all is well?

Hope everyone else is ok

Comment

275299028_2583211665156543_5789267677713781468_n.jpg

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...please come and get the ferocious winds you dropped off, we don't want them! Even though the temps weren't that bad the wind just went right through you. Overcast and a rain/snow mix all day. Yuck! Starting to cross off a couple of things on my list until we discovered a problem with our summer camp registrations. For the life of me I can't figure out what it is so have a call into software company's support team. They're in New Zealand so should get a response sometime overnight. Just didn't need another problem to solve. You really don't sit still do you! You should quit looking around. LOL I hope things with Julie's Dad care got sorted out. There are a lot of good people in the world supporting Ukraine. Lately people have been booking rooms in Ukraine on Airbnb, of course with no intention of going, but it's a way to send funds immediately.

Lav...saw your light on earlier and was waiting for your post. Hope it didn't hit cyberspace.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Time to relax and forget about the day. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

And good morning everyone how are we today then? Hope all is well with everyone. think we have got the carers outfor Julie's Dad,this new company seem to be a lot more switched on let's hope so. I've been messing about the trains most of the morning, there are quite a few issues that have to be resolved with them, from squeaking wheels to not running at all. I'm sure it will be sorted. A dry day outside their today again but very very windy

Hiya lav you OK?hope all is good with you.

Hiya ppqp did you get the problems sorted out? I hope so. Ask for the wind no thanks we've got her own over at the moment. It sounds like everything is going well at your work how many of there actually are there? Take care hope you have a good day

Hiya teegee and everyone hope you are doing good

Comment

MAE ALL...well Mick anyways. LOL

Yup, got the problem sorted out and confirmed all the bookings to date to make sure they're actually booked in the week they want. Also got my newsletter articles to the publisher today. Now I can concentrate on rental agreements and terms & conditions document. I've been working on those for over a month now with all the interruptions. Once those are finished it'll be a lot easier to deal with all the booking requests I'm getting. It's nice that things are happening again, just wish I was ready for it.

Sunny here today but the wind is bitterly cold. it wasn't as strong as it was yesterday and it's supposed to be warming up starting tomorrow. I'm not quite sure what you meant by how many of them are there but assuming it's the airbnb's I have no idea. I'm just disgusted with Putin agreeing to a cease fire to move out civilians and then bombing them anyways. This whole situation is not going to end well.

Lav...not like you not to post. Hope everything is ok.

TG...can't remember your schedule but you're either swamped finishing paper work or you're on your way to your nephews? brothers? I'm sure we'll hear from you soon.

Hello to Det, Sam and Pauly...hope all is well with you guys.

Time to get dinner in the oven. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

I just found last night’s post, don’t know why it didn’t take!!!

Greetings friends,

Took a trip back to the old hometown today. YB had a fire company meeting to attend so I tagged along. Stopped at Costco to load up on essentials in case the shelves start looking empty again. Is the rising cost of fuel going to mess with the delivery of goods to stores at some point? I don’t know.
                      No Russian oil or gas imports here from now on. Anything to disable Russia is fine with me. We’ll just have to deal with higher gas prices.

PQ, nice getting the bonus, good for you
                      It actually was near 80 degrees here yesterday & tomorrow they’re calling for a rain/snow event, haha! No wonder we’re all half crazy!! I hope the cold & snow stay away from you.
                      I hope that Ukrainian family stays safe & they have all they need. :hug:

Mick, you seem to have excess energy as usual. Good job on the painting. I used to do all that but not anymore.
                      That’s a wonderful thing the couple is doing, driving supplies where they are needed. 2 million refugees are going to need a lot of help. Such a sad situation.
                      I hope Julie has made some progress on the home care situation today

Hello Cyn, hope you are well.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam

HAVE A NICE NIGHT

Hello from Lav today, haha!

Crappy cold & damp day here, no spring-like weather for us.
                      Nothing really new to report, just filling my time with a bit of crafty work, cooking, cleaning & driving kids here & there
                      My neighbor just picked up a brand new golden retriever pup today, can’t wait to me her. I already have the puppy gift ready.

Hello to PQ & Mick!
                      Looks like we are taking turns with the yucky weather.

Hello to Cyn, hope you are well!

Pauly, Det & Sam, hello to you guys as well.

Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello all, so sorry to be awol.... I worked like a crazy person to get ready to go, then flew out yesterday. 2 flights, and each of them delayed, but when I think of Ukraine, I am astonished that we are so privileged here to travel at will... it seems wrong somehow. I got my step-daughter to here medical exams (colonoscopy) and other things, amid all is well. She has an auto-immune disease, so good news is always welcome.

Tomorrow I'll try to finish up taxes and send them out, see my SD for a little after work, then drive back to Sacramento, stay overnight and fly to southern CA on Friday. I'll try to post from there, but the situation there is a moving target, and things may be pretty crazy... but I'll post before I get down there...

Mick, glad you have decided to spend time in the van and enjoying yourself... and good luck with Julie's dad, that is so troubling. PPQ, congrats on the gift card! You deserve it. Lav, how are the chicks coming? And what are you cooking these days? I hope your weather is starting to warm...

Researching some other ways to get materials and help to Ukraine... The NY Times published another good list....
                        In the meantime here is my post from a day or so ago...

Hello to all - shout out to Pauly, Det and Sam - please take care -
                        TG

"Mae all -
                        Glad to hear that all are well and chugging along. Weather here has been quite stormy - there were several tornado alerts yesterday, and the storm sirens really set me on edge. I had forgotten (my “new” home being the home of my childhood) that we are also home to SAC - strategic air command. I read in some Times article about the commanders in residence there, and that 1 of the nuclear-proof planes is always in the sky... somehow it brings the conflict closer. My nephew (Navy Seal commander, working part-time now) has a history of severe PTSD from war battles, so I am praying that he is staying centered (he’s the one with cancer - likely caused by the “burn pits” he was exposed to in war.) I am headed there next week to be support for the family.

So, working long hours here to get things “done and dusted” as one of our thread-mates used to say... taxes, work projects, etc.

Mick - great present for Julie! And she is a master at upgrades! Good luck to you both with her dad...
                        PPQ - sounds like you have seen plenty of doctors - glad things are coming along...
                        Lav - how wonderful for you to see both kids and all grandkids in one day - bonus -
                        Hello to all that drop by - Pauly, how’s things? Det and Sam, hope you are well —
                        Wishing all safety and health."

Comment

Hello and how are we today then question mark hope everyone is doing well well very windy over here again today day obviously it being sent over by Canadians! At least it is dry at the moment. I have just been up to the shops and bought two apple trees so they are soaking at the moment to tease the roots out. One is a Golden Delicious Cox's Pippin. Spend a lot of time on my railway layer yesterday, there are quite a few jobs needing done 1 10 but to be totally honest at the moment I've got lots of other jobs to do do. Apart from that a pretty quiet day for me

Hiya teegee and how are you then? It sounds like you are crazy busy! Remember and take time for yourself and all of this. Yes the careful Julie's dad has been sorted out hopefully Julie circle is a lot more positive about this company than the rest of the rabble! You take care take it easy and take some time for yourself

Hiya lav and how are you today then? Hope all is well over there with you. I got a message back from that couple I sent the money to show me some of the supplies that they had bought bless them. I see the the peace talks or shall we say the proposed peace talks failed today yet again. Russia wants a total surrender of the Ukraine and that isn't going to happen full stop the other thing is well to remember is a lot of the Russian soldiers have been lied to are conscripts just scared young boys who have been signed up for military service certainly not expecting this. I remember when we used to do German border guard between East and West Germany, in all the watchtowers facing the border there would always be a Russian construct and an East German soldier and every now and again you would see the Russians waving a dog tags or any identification tags that meant that time was up and they were on the way home. I suspect it is no different now. I suspect the fuel increase prices will affect the cost and availability of the goods. I think what government should be doing at this moment time it's putting a moratorium on the profits that the big oil companies have been making and put it back into public funding. It is obscene that they are making millions and millions of dollars and pounds and that is not getting passed on to the customer base but only to the fat cats. Take care look after yourself have a great day.

Hiya ppqp and how's the program coordinator second in command and acting boss in reserve doing today then? Hope all is well with you. Have you still got the strong cold winds over there or are they all over this part of the world now? Take care and look after yourself

Right folks time to go take care and have a good day

Comment

Good evening friends,

Better today, no rain. Now we are getting something called a ‘bomb cyclone’ on Saturday which basically means real sh*tty weather with rain & snow, Lol
                            The young neighbors across the road just came home with a new pup, golden & lab retriever pup. She’s a beauty! We took a puppy gift over
                            Inflation is hitting all of us pretty hard. Putin is putting the screws to all of us, no denying that.

Cyn, glad you made it to CA even though the trip was a bit longer than it should have been. Good to hear SD made it thru her testing OK.
                            The baby chicks are just fine. I have to refill their feeder twice daily, they’re really packing away the food & getting big. I’m just waiting for the night time temps to be 50 degrees or above before I put them out in the big house. Good luck on the rest of your journey.

Mick, there’s no chance Putin is going to get what he wants but how far is he willing to go? I heard talk on the news this morning about the possible use of chemical weapons. I sure as hell hope not
                            I agree that corporate greed is obscene, they need to be taxed, big time! Keep working on your trains, a peaceful hobby.

PQ, hope your day was good!

Pauly, Det & Sam, hello & hope you are well.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

wow good morning all (Lav) how are you today then?hope all is well ..I was up planting trees at 6 am this morning ..it was a lovely morning ..but unfortunately it has clouded up .
                              hiya Lav ...hows you today then? dont you be getting puppy fever ...! Yes the inflation is hitting us too...but it must also be really battering the Russian economy..especially with the withdrawal of all the companies etc .The latest news is that there have been progressive indications in the latest talks ..but it was Putin that said it so who knows ...I think he needs a way out ..Hope the weather is holding for you .take care and have a good weekend .

hello everyone else ..hope all is well with you have a good weekend .

Comment

Working...
                              X