13 March look I put March not February!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 March look I put March not February!

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing ok full stop it has been a lovely day over here today, but is raining now. Julie went to pilates earlier on, no bearing in mind she hadn't been since the virus started she found it pretty hard but enjoyed it. Not to be outdone I went for a walk full stop well actually it was supposed to be a walk but I ended up going for a run 10A long one but quite a steep one, felt it but I enjoyed it. One bid you actually run over the motorway on a hybrid so I took a couple of pictures and another parked there is a bridge over a reservoir so I did the same there too to and I also took a picture of the Hill which was hard. I remembering training running up and down at 5 or 6 times no problem I jogged up it and the top I thought my lungs were still at the bottom!

Hiya ppqp how are things with you today? Hope all is well and your weekend is going good.

Hiya lav how are you today then? Have you got the rain today or the chickens outside. Isn't it interesting that the virus started in China, and they have exported crappy protective equipment the world over now if I was a conspiracy theorist there is ample grounds there! Hope you have a good day

Hiya teegee how are you today then? Have you taken time for yourself or are you still rushing about like mad? Hope your weekend is going well.

Hiya pauly Sam det and everyone else hope you are doing good

20220313_144826.jpg

20220313_144843.jpg

20220313_145515.jpg

20220313_150006.jpg

20220313_145339.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 13 March look I put March not February!

Good evening friends,

Sunny today after yesterday’s rain/snow/ice event. A lot of melting happened so that’s good too. Looks like we’ll be seeing temps back up in the 60’s this week, yay
    Busied myself all day with things around here, nothing real exciting.

Mick, congrats on getting the correct month for this week’s thread, haha!! I don’t know what day it is half the time, I’m always sneaking a look at my phone to get the right answer to be honest.
    Looks like you got some nice fresh air today, good for you! I’ll bet you enjoyed that after the winter coop up time. We started daylight savings time today so things will seem more ‘normal’ I guess.
    Glad Julie has returned to her pilates class, it must have been hard after the long break. I just checked & only have 36 min of activity time today when I have been pushing to get 60. It was too damp outside to do any walking & 25 min on the bike was enough for my knees, oh well. I’ll catch up tomorrow.
    I have purchased 2 embroidery designs from a Ukrainian digitizer this weekend. I’m going to put the designs on T shirts & tote bags to sell at the craft fairs & donate the proceeds to help the people out over there. It’s on my mind constantly, those poor people :hug:

Hello to PQ, Cyn, Pauly, Det, Sam & anyone else stopping by.

Hvae a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Lav and Mick, and all else dropping by...
      I have been busy here at my family’s house — with 4 kids, all athletes (even the 5-year-old), things are always hopping.

My nephew starts a combo of chemo and radiation tomorrow which will last 7 weeks... chemo is ‘cisplatin’ apparently a really tough drug. I heard tonight that he will undergo 5 more years of therapy, on and off. Probably caused by the “burn pits” in Afghanistan... what pain is caused by all wars...

Mick, gorgeous pics, and good for you for jogging up! That would definitely put me over the edge!

Lav, sign me up for some of your Ukrainian pieces! And o would like to share info with friends... how wonderful of you!

Hello to PPQ, Pauly and Det - and anyone else dropping by...sending comfort and solace to all who suffer, here and abroad... and especially Ukraine.

Take care all - wishing you spring-like weather...
      TG

Comment

Hello everyone how are we today then? hope all is well. It is a lovely sunny day over here today the sky is blue there is a slight wind but still lovely. was out early this morning went for another bit of a walk really nice. I was up in the loft earlier on sorting out my trains I seem to have got the motivation for that back again thankfully. I was actually thinking about planting up a load of seed bombs but it may still be a little early for that

Hiya teegee how are you today then?hope all is well with you. The very best to your nephew with his treatment. I hope it all goes well. I felt the effects of the Gentle Run This Morning full stop hard to explain yes I was aching but without trying to send crazy it was a satisfying ache I knew how I got it and knew where it come from take care look after yourself thoughts are with your nephew

Hiya lav it was nice to get out yesterday, you are a star what a lovely thought with regards to the embroidery and the donations going to the Ukraine. It seems a bit strange to me don't know why why but with the amount of bombing that has been done or they allege has been done the Casualty rate hasn't been that high. In addition to that all the equipment that Putin is using is all an old calibre t-64 and t-72 tanks and BMP personnel carriers they belong in the cold war era. So where are all the updated armaments. Did you manage to get your exercise done? Hope so take care and look after yourself

Hiya ppqp pauly Sam det and everyone else
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...great pics from Sunday. I know I wouldn't have been able to climb that hill. Glad you're getting back into your trains. Isn't funny how we loose interest in things and then it comes back. I had a quiet weekend but for some reason the time change has made me really tired. It usually doesn't bother me.

TG...glad you're safely at your brothers, you'll be a busy little bee. Hope the chemo isn't too rough on your nephew. Sounds like he's got a long haul in front of him. You take care of yourself.

Lav...what a lovely idea with the Ukrainian embroideries. You'll have to put some pics up on your page when they're done. I saw some of the weather pictures over the weekend, wow what a mess that highway was. Things are melting here, temps above freezing all week. I have a virtual info meeting tomorrow about the community cleanup and then our Community Garden AGM on Thursday. That will see me through the last commitments for a little while.

Time to figure out dinner. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Nice & sunny & 50+ degrees today so most of the snow & ice has melted. Now we begin mud season around here, for real, haha!
            Took the dog & walked down the road to visit our horse neighbors after dinner. No reason not to with the extended daylight. No need for a bike ride to nowhere tonight, Lol

Cyn, managing 4 kids will keep you busy & on your toes. I wish you lots of luck.
            Yes, Cisplatin is one of the older chemo treatments & has been known to be harsh. There’s much better antiemetics (anti-nausea drugs) to help manage side effects now. Even the radiation can put a beating on the body but he’s young & will manage much better than others. Eating will be tough for him, will have to deal with a bad taste in his mouth, etc. see if he’ll prefer soups & the like & lots of fluids to stay hydrated. Bless him & I’m so sorry he has to deal with all that.

Mick, glad you had decent weather too. I got out & picked up lots of sticks & things that had blown around over the winter. The long line of forsythia bushes are wanting to bloom, love all the yellow.
            I was wondering earlier if the casualty count is low because so many had fled early. 2.5 million people have fled Ukraine so far, wow!

PQ, sounds like you have a good week ahead, hope all goes well
            Glad you’re in melting mode too, tired of winter!!

I’ve decided to put one design on T shirts & the other on tote bags to take to. The craft fair. Not sure if anyone would want those designs on pillows or small wall hangings. Still thinking it through.
            Hello to all & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all,
              pretty spring day here, going to warm up and the wife got her first pollen alert on the phone. W're starting to get all prepared for my son's wedding. Going to have it here at the farm so many sprucing up the area projects involved. Glad we're cleaning up but I'll be ready for it to be over. Too many people invading our space!

hope everyone is well. I have missed you all.
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Aaargh welcome to the land of lost posts I just lost mine! And for some strange reason it is not showing that it can be recovered on autorecover again. How is everyone? Hope all is well lovely to see you Sam. cracking day over here yet again today take care everyone 1let see if this one manages to reach

Comment

Greetings friends,

Nice day here as well! I actually spengt some time outside starting garden bed cleanup, yay!!

Sam, good to see you & congrats on the upcoming nuptials. Having a home wedding is special, a lot of work but worth it all in the end
                  It’s a lot of prep work for something that will be over in a matter of a few hours, Lol. Good luck!

Mick, welcome to the lost post family. It’s annoying but just part of life I suppose.
                  Hope you enjoyed your nice day anyway.

Cyn, PQ, Pauly & Det, hello to all of you!
                  Back to work for me for a few hours.

Have a nice night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...bike ride to nowhere. Haha Nice that you were able to get out for a walk instead. I sure don't miss "mud season". I am sure tired of winter too. It was a real spring day today. Not quite ready for garden bed cleanup though. Don't work too long tonight.

Sam...good to see you. Congrats on your son's wedding. Yes, it'll be a lot of work for you but having it at the farm will be so memorable. It'll be over before you know it and all those invaders will leave. LOL

Mick...round too took so at least we heard from you. Just finished my community garden info session so time to get some dinner going.

TG...hope you are coping and all is going as smooth as it can. Thinking of you.

Det...thinking of you too and hope you are managing to deal with things.

Wishing all a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all ..how are we today then?hope all is well with everyone ...went out for a walk earlier ...did 5 miles ,,and then the heavens opened..so I got soaked ..messing about on the railway,trying to speed matcjh locos ...thinking of changing the scenery on the layout ,we shall see .

hiya ppqp ...hows you then?thank goodness the post eventually took,the ether mus be full of our wordology..yesterday was an ace day ....today was supposed to be a nice day ...failed it rained ..and still is .in the back field this morning ...it was like a standoff with the birds .. 4 Brent /Canadian geese, 6 crows ,8 magpies ,and 2 ducks . who do you think ruled the show? the 2 ducks took them all on .hows the garden doing?

hiya Lav ,hows you then?in the garden were you ?I planted up some pepper seeds .. some round ones and some long uns too.Grass is starting to grow in the back garden ,I need to fence it off from pinky n perky.hope you have a good day .

hiya Sam the man ..how are you doing mate ? hope all goes well with your sons wedding ..take care and have a good one .

hiya pauly det hope you are both good ...

2020-2021- you cannot see your friends and family and must stay 2m away from anyone

2022- please take in as many Ukrainians as you can

Closing down sale at Chelsea FC

Everything Moscow

The reason there is no male agony aunts.

Dear Andy,

As I left for work last week, My car broke down not half a mile from home so I had to walk home and was planning to get my husband to drop me off. Instead I found him hand cuffed to our bed while the lady from next door was on top off him I'm at my wits end and don't knew a what I should do, please can you help. Jennifer P.

Hi Jennifer if it's overheating keep an your coolant levels, or just dirt in your carburetor , get your filters and spark plugs changed this should solve the most common problems.

Was going to buy one of those all electric cars but changed my mind because I wouldn't be able to afford to charge it up.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Took complete advantage of the nice weather today & gots lots of work done outside, I even got the chicken house ready so I can move the stinky kids over this weekend. I am ready for them to be outside, phew, haha! Just took a walk down the road, saw my horse friends who were out without their coats on too
                        My daughter messaged me that my granddaughter got hit in the face with a hockey stick during gym class today. It cut her upper lip & caused a nosebleed but no big damage done (like a broken nose!! The problem is the gym classes in 5th grade are still boys & girls together. I don’t know why the school thinks handing a hockey stick to a 5th grade boy is a good idea. You know they’re going to be using them as weapons. It was an accident & it could have been worse, it’s just a shame. Btw I would never hand a hockey stick to my grandson who is the same age because I know he would just be an a$$hole with it too, lol

PQ, tomorrow is bring an all day rain so the mud will be really be with us.
                        It’s still too early to think about planting anything so getting the garden beds spiffed up is enough for now. Hope your week is going well.

Mick, I’m thinking maybe you should get in the habit of carrying an umbrella, haha.
                        So what new scenery are you considering for your trains? I’ve noticed the grass is starting to green up here as well.

Hello to Cyn, hope you are coping with everything on your plate this week.

Pauly, Det & Sam, hello to you!

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I was going to say the Canadian Geese ruled, they can be down right nasty. I agree with Lav, time to carry an umbrella. LOL Speed match locos, are you going to run them synchronized to music? That's a lot of scenery to change up on the layout. Pinky & Perky, I like it! We woke up to warm temps and sun. Then it clouded over and we weren't sure what it was going to do. The sun came back out and little wee flecks of snow started falling. Crazy.

Lav...wow, you were the busy beaver today. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished. All day rain tomorrow, no wonder you got the chicken house ready today. Sorry to hear about your granddaughter but you're right it could have been worse. Of course they're going to use them as weapons. Duh. I haven't even gone out to the garden yet, way to busy replying to people wanting a plot this year. They'll be lucky to get one in the year 2025. Getting odds and end finished up at work and preparing for the garden AGM tomorrow night. I know better than to wait till the night before to look at the accountants year to date report. She changed to way she posted half way through the year and didn't say anything. None of my numbers match up!

Shout out to TG, Det, Pauly and Sam. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all,
                            how you doing, Mick? What scenes are you thinking about for your loco layout? Any summer trips planned?
                            Lav, hockey sticks in the fifth grade, no, not a great idea! you get new peeps? cost of feed is really been increasing. I'm almost through the cow feeding season. Pulled my first tick yesterday so I know that spring is on its way.
                            PQ, how's all in the northern clime? How does a community garden work? Do you each have a plot or is it a collective effort?

St Patty's Day and I've got a busy muzak weekend shaping up. Play at a winery tonight, a school tomorrow, then another winery Saturday and an evening event at the local tourist lodge immediately afterwards. All events outside, I'm still covid-wary, and it is still very prevelant in our area. Sunday, get together with some folks I haven't play with in some time so looking forward to that.
                            All in all something to look forward to!

hope you all are well
                            Last edited by Samstone; March 17, 2022, 08:15 AM.
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing good it's a bit windy over here at the moment but least it's dry my. Just been to the shops got some bits and pieces and just let the rabbits outside it's that time of the year despite the fact they are both been done the Instinct is still there and he doesn't stop chasing her about! At the moment recovering the top of the chest freezer it has got scratched so I've sanded it back filled at and respraying it. It works it doesn't really matter it's in the garage but nevertheless. Just take a load of rubbish to the tip as well I'm sure I will be doing a lot more of that that when Julie retires at the end of this month.

Hiya Sam good to see you my friend and. How are things with you? Yep st. Paddy's Day also my mum's birthday so happy Birthday wherever you are. It's the same over here the virus figures are on the increase yet again, but hospitalization is very minimal. Let's keep it that way. As for the scenery, I don't know I've got a few ideas where I'm putting some more branchlines in and stuff like that. We shall see. Have a great day mate

Hiya ppqp how are you doing today then?hope things are going OK synchronise music for the locomotives now there's an idea! Hope your annual general meeting goes ok tonight you must be nearly starting the garden aren't you?

Hiya lav glad that your granddaughter is ok what age is the 5th grade over there? I don't think it would be a good idea anyway giving older lads a hockey stick I can certainly see that you can hit a ball as well with these can you...that's as well as breaking bones.. haven't decided what I'm going to do with the scenery it just doesn't seem right to me and time for a change etc and how's the spiffing garden beds doing ? Should be planting time for you as well. I bought some free range eggs this morning extra large wow I pity the hen. Did I tell you I'm buying a new train? It's a blue Pullman, I've always wanted one of them a diesel they were just going around in the 60s I just so happened be talking to a friend and they mentioned he's got three of them and it does trains not only as a hobby but as a bit of a business as well I've dealt with him before. What he's going to do is sell me one of them but before it does that is putting a a card in it so that it works digitally, also lights also waiters tables plates knives forks at all the tables it will be really smart. Some of the plants I bought that were just sticks are pretty big now. I hate serious but I think I may have too many! Take care and look after yourself

Hello everyone else hope you are well

Comment

Working...
                              X