March 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 20th

hiya all ,how are we then? did you know that today is the International day of Happiness....and tomorrow is the first day of Spring ...It is also the vernal equinox .It is also lovely and hot over here today,really sunny,long may it continue .Got some fencing wire to fence off the back lawn tomorrow ...give it a chance to grow ,those 2 are impressed with their new munching area ,and Ive got an idea to put another bit in for them .Also been up on the railway this morning ...the section that was a scrap yard is no longer ..Julie at pilates today ,she is off work tomorrow .

hiya Lav ,how are you then this fine day ? hope you are well..Yes its nice watching the hang gliders..but thats it !Julies sil is in bed with Covid ...she says she feels rough ,and my friend is doing ok too ..hope you are getting the same sort of weather over there .

hiya ppqp ....what happened to me time?? you doing ok? hope so. you take care .

hiya pauly how are you today then? have you managed to contact anyone re your financial issues ...hope you manage to get it sorted ..

teegee ..how are you today?have you had a relaxing weekend?re charge those batteries ..

hiya Sam det and anyone else looking in ..

I could hear my wife say, "I know you're there, pick up the phone."

I hate visiting day in prison.

I went on a blind date the other day. Then after that we went and looked at curtains instead.

My ability to speak a bit of Latin is always at the top of my Curriculum Vitae.

I've been questioning a Russian insect to find out where his hive is located. He's saying nothing, he's s a cagy bee.

I bought some Numan Hair Restorer the other day.
    I got up this morning looking like I had Gnasher the dog sitting on my head and had a yearning to play annoying, two finger twaddle on my piano.

I was on a date with a woman I met on Facebook.

I said, "I like honesty, and I can tell you're an honest girl."

"Really?" she asked. "How can you tell?"

I said, "You're the first girl I've been out with that actually looks like their profile photo."

She said, "That's a picture of Shrek, you cheeky git."

Merseyside police stumbled upon 56 drums of petrol today. The estimated street value is over £12 million. The drums were hidden in a shipment of Venezuelan cocaine.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: March 20th

MAE ALL...

Mick...woke up to the city covered in snow. We were expecting it but I can do without the wind. It's going up to 10C tomorrow so it should all melt. Wednesday will be 18C so shorts and T-shirt weather. I'm taking the day off, everything can wait until tomorrow. Just going to do a bit of laundry and not much else.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a great Sunday all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy Spring everyone!
      It was a bit cooler, cloudy & windy today but happy Spring has arrived. Had to pull out the heavier coat with a hood to take my walk a little while ago, haha.

Mick, glad you have nice weather. It will be warming up here again, so they say
      YB grows flats of green stuff (oats, barley, etc) in the greenhouse for the chickens to snack on & they eat every single bit. They think they’re in heaven when he tosses them a treat.
      I just read about the TB situation in Ukraine. I didn’t know they had an issues with TB in this day & age & now it’s going to spread like wildfire with people being cooped up in shelters. How very sad. I hope your friends continue to improve.

PQ, sorry to hear about the snow, ugh. I wish you perfect melting weather this week
      Hope you are enjoying your day off, tomorrow comes soon enough.

Cyn, thinking of you!

Hello Pauly,. Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all,
        Mick, love the russian bee joke. had to forward that one on.
        PQ, snow then warm again, sounds like a typical March thing.
        Lav, I also was wondering about the covid thing in Ukraine. I feel for those folks, such a terrible waste and suffering.

got a lot work done yesterday around here but it looks as if it is barely a dent in what we need to get done. My hands were about played out Saturday, played a total of six hours. Getting too old?? nah......

have a good one all
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

And good afternoon everyone, just a short quick post, I've got to nip out and get the brakes done on my car. The garage just phoned and said they can do it it tomorrow morning first thing but I need to drop the car off tonight. So I need to get my skates on on. It seems like I haven't stopped today, fenced off around the grass, put some plants in a couple of little jobs needed doing on the van cleaned all the track on my railway clean the loft and nipped to the shops! If I get time later on I will add some more to this post but I just wanted to get a few lines in
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hey kids,

Happy Monday to all. Sunny & a bit cooler but still a nice day here!

Mick, sounds like you’re a bit busy. How unusual haha!!!!
            Glad yo got everything done on your chore list today

Sam, I think the bigger issue in Ukraine will be the combination of TB & Covid. Those poor people are suffering so much as it is now.
            I don’t know about you but I’m finding the more I use my hands the more they cramp up & I just have to stop. Playing an instrument must really be tough on your hands.

Hello to pQ, Cyn, Pauly & Det. Hope everyone is OK!

Have a nice night all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Another quiet day today, the boss stayed home. His dog had puppies on Sunday so he was going to keep an eye on mama.

Lav...I hadn't heard about the TB situation in Ukraine, unbelievable what they're having to deal with. Snow all gone and it was warm and sunny all day. Supposed to be nice all week.

Sam...sounds like you've still got a lot to do. When is the wedding? Usually March is our snowiest month so we'll see what happens next.

Mick...so did you skate back from the garage? Good thing you got all your chores done in the morning. LOL

Time to get dinner started. Have a nice night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

And good morning everyone how are we today then? Hope all is well la lovely day out there yet again today, spring has sprung! My car is still in the garage probably will be for most of the day. Not to worry I've got plenty other jobs to be doing exclamation mark everything from sorting my railways up to filling in nail holes in a wall. Julie has been down to meet the new people that will be caring after her dad, she has just phoned me they are absolutely brilliant she thinks. Let's hope so.

Hiya lav and how are you today then? Hope everything is well with you. The rabbits seem satisfied with the new grazing arrangements. As if the people in the Ukraine hadn't got enough they have disease to contend with now. I really do hope that murdering despot thinks it is worth it. You take care

Hiya ppqp how are you today then?hope all is well. Yes I skated back...it was very (n)ice.you settled in at work now?has the previous prog co-ordinator gone for keeps now?

Hiya teegee pauly and Sam hope all is well with you.

Right good people time to go..take care.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Cloudier & cooler today, oh well. Just put the leash on the dog to go take our walk, stepped outside under a big gray cloud & it started raining. So the walk was cancelled, won’t walk on these roads in the rain because people can barely drive on a sunny day around here, haha! I’ll hop on the stationary bike in a bit.

PQ, glad you’re enjoying some pleasant weather. Looks like we’re in for 2 days of rain here, just like real spring.
                  I’m stitching my heart out & hope to make some good money to donate to the Ukrainian relief organizations. Signed up for a Christmas in July event today so I’ll keep stitching.

Mick, glad you have good weather too. YB actually got on the lawn mower & cut all the grass today. I told him the neighbors will be mad, they always get mad at the person who starts off the grass cutting season, haha! I can’t help but wonder how bad things are going to get in Ukraine with people living so close together in shelters & the like. Disease spreads rapidly in closed conditions. I hope I can get some decent sales & send that money to the people who need help.
                  Today’s news is all about tornadoes across Texas, Oklahoma & the souther states. I won’t complain about a little rain here.
                  Good to hear Julie approves of the new caretakers for her dad, sounds good.

Hello to Cyn, hope you are OK.
                  Hello to Pauly & Det, Sam & everyone, hope you are doing well.

Have a nice night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

and good morning peeps ,how are we then?hope all is well with everyone.You would not believe the drama I had with the car yesterday .It was in the garage to get the brakes checked because they kept squeaking. Got a phone call to say that the mechanic couldn't get the locking studs off the wheels because the locking socket was rounded off and snapped, until they came off the brakes couldn't be checked. now bearing in mind the purpose of locking wheel studs is to stop people nicking alloys and top end wheels ,I didn't have a clue how they were going to come off ..the mechanic said he knew "a guy"that could do it ,so I ran down to the garage picked up the car ,drove it about 15 miles to a sort of lock up ...eventually found the guy ,and he got them off. Im at the dentist today ,but the car goes back into the garage tomorrow to get the brakes checked .but apart from that ..not a lot .
                    Julie met the carers again at her dads last night ,they are really good .

hiya Lav ,how are you then?cutting the grass is like washing the car ...once one starts then everyone else does !!!Ive noticed the onset of the growing season in this last week already ...things are shooting and budding ...my camelia is in good bloom now.Good for you in raising money for Ukraine .

hello everyone else ..how are you all doing ? hope things are good with youi all

Health & Fitness - Factfile. Questions & Answers
                    Q: I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
                    A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it..........don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
                    A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily
                    allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
                    A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
                    A: Well, if you have a body and you have body fat, your ratio is one to one.
                    If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
                    A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
                    A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!!. Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
                    A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
                    A: Are you crazy? HELLO ..... Cocoa beans .. another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
                    A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?
                    A: Hey! 'Round' is a shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets and remember, "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

Policy
                    Once upon a time the government had a vast scrap yard in the middle of a desert. Congress said "someone may steal from it at night." So they created a night watchman position and hired a person for the job.

Then Congress said, "How does the watchman do his job without instruction?" So they created a planning department and hired two people, one person to write the instructions, and one person to do time studies.

Then Congress said, "How will we know the night watchman is doing the tasks correctly?" So they created a Quality Control department and hired two people. One to do the studies and one to write the reports.

Then Congress said, "How are these people going to get paid?" So they created the following positions, a time keeper, and a payroll officer, then hired two people.

Then Congress said, "Who will be accountable for all of these people?" So they created an administrative section and hired three people, an Administrative Officer, Assistant Administrative Officer, and a Legal Secretary.

Then Congress said, "We have had this command in operation for one year and we are $18,000 over budget, we must cutback overall cost."

So they laid off the night watchman

The Preacher and the Pig
                    A country preacher was walking the backroads near his church. He became thirsty so decided to stop at a little cottage and ask for something to drink. The lady of the house invited him in and in addition to something to drink, she served him a bowl of soup by the fire. There was a small pig running around the kitchen. The pig was constantly running up to the visitor and giving him a great deal of attention.

The visiting pastor commented that he had never seen a pig this friendly.

The housewife replied: "Ah, he's not that friendly. That's his bowl you're using."

Comment

Chilly greetings to all!

Damp & chilly today. The rain is supposed to go on until sometime tomorrow. No walk for me again, too windy & damp for me.
                      Made myself a nice pot of vegan vegetable barley soup that will feed me for lunch the rest of the week. Pretty soon it will be too hot for soup.

Mick, sorry about the issue with the car, sounds annoying.
                      Looks like I need to call the dentist again as I broke off a piece of tooth while brushing my teeth!!! It sucks to be falling apart piece by piece, haha!
                      Our long line of forsythia is starting to bloom, I’ll put a pic of it on FB in a few days when it really looks good.

Hello to pQ & Cyn.
                      Hello to Pauly. Det & Sam.

I hope everyone has a nice night!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for missing yesterday but I was exhausted when I got home. Then I couldn't get to sleep, what's up with that! Things are revving up again at work with people wanting to garden, get on the tennis courts, get rooms for free, setup a Farm Stand, update websites! argh I have to pop back over at 6pm to open the building for a last minute booking.

Mick...boy you seem to have all the luck. What an ordeal. At least Julie's care givers sound like they're working out.

Lav...your weather sounds like what's headed our way tonight. It was supposed to be warm and sunny today but it wasn't. I can see just a few shoots of green coming up so there soon should be tulips around the building.

Shout out to the rest of the gang...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing ok. Up another absolutely gorgeous day over here today, it is really hot colour not that I'm complaining. Just got my car back from the garage supposed to have been fixed it isn't so I'm taking back in a minute full stop it is squeaking like a banshee, don't know what's causing it and I guess neither does the garage we shall see what happens.

Hiya lav and how are you today? Hope all is well with you. I love making big pots of soup kind of all in sort of stuff. It's a bit too hot to make that over here at the moment, although they say it may change next week. The current temperature in my car is 19 degrees. Hope you have a great day

Hiya ppqp how are you today, but it sounds like you are pretty busy I take it it is the start of the silly season is it? Yes Julie's dad's carers are absolutely brilliant. They make the last ones look like King Herod at a kid's party. Don't forget to look after yourself with all this work as well. Look after yourself

A big hello to everyone else

Comment

Good evening friends,

Damp, cloudy & chilly here - where the heck did spring go?
                            Just heard the nights over the weekend will be below freezing, geez. Hope my chicks can cope with that. Maybe I’ll throw a blanket in there for them, haha!
                            Busy working on embroidery stuff, chauffeuring the grandson, stuff like that.

PQ, busy season is good for business $$$!!
                            I hope your tulips can stand the weather changes, mine too. The forsythia is about half open, I guess it will be delayed now.
                            Take it easy, get some rest in between all the busyness. Sleep has been off since last week for whatever reason.

Mick, squealing brakes are usually addressed by replacing brakes pads, right? I’ve been thru that with a few cars, I hate that noise.
                            Feel free to send some of that warmth over here, it’s chilly here. Glad Julie’s dad is in better hands now but it shouldn’t have been so difficult to arrange. I’m sure he will be happier 7 perk up quite a bit with regular care

Hello to Cyn, hope you’re OK.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam. Stop in when you can

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Seem to be making a little headway on things until we tried to replace the doorbell camera. We spent 3/4 of the day on it then ended up putting the old one back up. What a waste of a day. By labour laws the prog coord is supposed to notify the boss of her intentions by tomorrow. Bet he won't see anything and she'll email on the 31st saying it's been extended.

Mick...strong winds woke me up last night and it looked like a blizzard out there. Nothing stuck to the pavement but the wind had a bite to it. More snow arrived today to say hi in the afternoon and then left. How frustrating with the car, I hope they can figure out what's going on. Glad to hear Julie's happy with the new caregivers. Definitely the silly season, everybody just needs to chill out. I will put my priorities in order and anything that comes up can go to the bottom of the list.

Lav...Mick stole Spring! We're sitting with normal temps and no freezing over night so I guess we're where we're supposed to be. Couldn't see any green in the garden when I got to work this morning. The forsythia will probably head for cover again. LOL My sleep has been horrible too. Night before last I didn't sleep at all, even feeling exhausted, just read all night. Did get some sleep early last night then it was the asleep 2 hrs, awake 2 hrs dance again. Don't wear yourself out with the embroidery but I am looking forward to seeing them.

TG...hope all is going well and you're looking after yourself.

Sam...hope you're making bigger dents in all that needs to get done.

Det...thinking of you and hope all is ok.

Pauly...hope the new job is going good and that the tips help supplement your pay.

Here's hoping we all get a good night's rest....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X