3 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 April

Hiya all..how are we doing today then?hope all is well with everyone .Julie doing okay...yesterday was a bit rubbish but there we go. Frosty over here this morning, but was then sunny and cold doing some work on the trains this afternoon. I've got to put lights and figures in 5 of them
    Hiya lav..yes we have had the discussion about living in each others pocket etc.things will be fine.

A big shout to everyone else
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 3 April

hey ho folks

late m morning, great sleep, tired from sleeping! shaping up to be a lovely day. Cows are ready to quit eating hay and move to greener pastures. Need to see what the winter has done to the fences before all the briars thickets leaf out. We had a lot of damage from wet heavy snows in Jan-Feb.

be well kind friends
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

We had all 4 seasons yesterday for weather. A little overcast today but no precipitation in the forecast. Had to deal with a broken link in the email I sent out of Friday but got it working. I am so done with rushing through things, time to prioritize and say no.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Have a great Sunday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

We definitely did not get all the rain that was predicted & that’s OK. Had some sun pop thru this afternoon but it’s chilly & windy so it was another inside day

Mick, glad Julie is doing OK.
        Have fun with your train set up, keeps you busy!!

Sam, I ride around here & see all the animals out enjoying the fresh grass.\, they look happy.
        Sounds like yo had more snow than we did over the winter, good luck with the fences.

PQ, my daughter lives a little under an hour north of here & she said they had hail today while we were having sun . Weather is crazy anymore.
        Glad you got your work stuff taken care of so you could enjoy the day.

Cyn, Hope you are OK.
        Hi Pauly & Det!

Have a nice night all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all -
          Mick, so sorry about Julie being ill and robbed of her last day... and so sorry you don’t feel well... I really hope you both can rest up and heal before taking your trip - crossing fingers for you - 🤞

Lav, you sure do have crazy weather! At least it sounds like you have a bit of sunshine - my friends in the Midwest are just crazy with the gloomy weather they’ve been having. Sounds like your old computer is a dear friend to you, and valuable - I hope it keeps plugging along!

PPQP, wow it sounds like you had quite a week... I hope all missives got out to everyone well, and that you are getting some rest this weekend.

Sam, what an immense story about your dad... that must have been such a major event in his life. Congrats on the CD, that is such an accomplishment. And good luck with the fences and cows... before the brambles!

Lav, thanks for your ideas - I’ve wised you now and realized that the hospital is supposed to providing us with a Case worker (whom we have never seen)... and they provide the orders for a home health worker. That’s top of my list now - a trained professional should see her at least once a day to check her out. Less worry for me! They are talking about releasing her tomorrow... I hope they wait another day, her heart is more stable, but still higher than it should be if she walks a ways. And she is out of breath (tho her O2 is fine... weird.). We’ll see. Her son arrived this afternoon, so we’ll see how much longer he can stay, and what will become of me!

Wishing health to all -particularly Julie and Mick! And please stay safe - greetings to those who stop by... 👍

Comment

Hiya all how are we today then?hope all is well. Currently writing this in the dentist..managed to get an appointment this afternoon..this toothache is not too clever. Had it since last week..I've been taking all sorts for it.its because the nerves are exposed to one of the back teeth..don't know if it's one 2 or both.
            Julie doing better today..Still testing pos.,but not feeling as bad.Amy got in touch..she has got it now..for the third time. She hasn't even been near us.
            Weather here is overcast. Looks like it is going to rain.
            Hope all iswell over there
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Yep, another mostly sunny but chilly day here. Now we will be getting up to 3” of rain the rest of the week. I hope after that I can finally get out 7 start planting some seeds & plants that have been started in the greenhouse.
              Looks like I’ll be dropping in on my daughter tomorrow while YB attends a fire company. It will be good to catch up.

Cyn, the miserable weather is moving our way from the midwest so hopefully your friends will get a break.
              Every hospitalized patient gets a visit from a case manager/home care coordinator before discharge. They often wait until the last minute but do manage to arrange for the patient’s home care needs.
              Sounds like your friend’s heart rate is the issue right now & that can be managed with medication providing the doc is paying attention. Sometimes you need to get in their face, just a little, haha.
              I hope everything works out OK for her & for you.

Mick, sadly Covid case numbers are going up almost everywhere. Keeping my fingers crossed the cases will be mild since we’ve been vaccinated & boosted.
              Glad to hear Julie is doing well. Sorry about your tooth situation, maybe a root canal is in order for you as well. I’m careful about eating on the other side from where the temporary is in my mouth. This stuff gets tiresome. Hope Amy feels better soon too.

PQ, hope your day was decent.

Sam, Pauly & Det, hope you are all well.

Have a nice night all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Kept getting logged off. Glad I kept a copy of this post.

Well, this was one of the longest days I've had in awhile. I was busy but the day seemed to drag. Glad I'm home and it's going to be an early bedtime for me.

Lav...we were supposed to get rain but didn't. Overcast and a cold wind. This Friday we're supposed to get a high of 21C on Friday and then snow on Saturday. Yup, crazy weather everywhere.

TG...I didn't realize your friend was back in the hospital, must have missed a post somewhere along the way. I hope the hospital sorts out a health care worker before she gets out. I also hope you get a break with her son being there now. Maybe it's time for a little vaca of your own while he's there.

Mick...why am I not surprised you're sitting in a dentist chair. That tooth has been bothering you for awhile now. Hope he can do something to ease the pain. Glad Julie is feeling a bit better. Wow, 3 time for Amy, yikes.

Time to pop the frozen lasagna into the oven, too tired to cook. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...how are we today then? all good I hope ..Julie still testing positive this morning ,even though she is feeling better ,Dentist visit was an experience yesterday ,...he x rayed the 2 back teeth ...there is a chance they are both shot ,but what he said was keep the back one but take the one next to it out ..it has a hole in the side of it too..his words were it might be a bit awkward to get this out its a big one ..he wasnt kidding ..he ended up using a disc cutter to cut the tooth in half then pulled it out as 2 teeth ..I havent eaten since yesterday ,but hungry now .Cold and windy here today with a spot of rain ...trains arrived today so Ive been messing around with them.

hiya ppqp ..hows you then?hope all is well ...how is work has it calmed down a bit?hope so ...take care .

hiya Lav ,hows you then?did you get any seeds planted up?the frst over here really smacked a few of our plants .Yes covid has gone mad over here too ,but fortunately the vaccines have worked..it may be a milder varaint ,but I know someone ..a confirmed anti vaxxer ...and he is pretty poorly with it .yep if the other tooth plays up then it will be root canal work on it .take care and stay safe .

a big shout to everyone else Sam Teegee Pauly Det ,and everyone wesle ...

The UK sells a lot of arms to Saudi Arabia.

They're especially popular with shoplifters.

Animals can understand English fine. They just don't talk around humans or we'll make them have jobs and pay rent and stuff.

Instead of using central heating this week, I've been heating my home by burning £50 notes. I've saved a fortune already

Comment

Good evening friends,

Sun, clouds, some light rain & still chilly here. Heavy rain tonight they say - we will see.
                    Had a nice visit with the daughter, took he out for lunch, nice to catch up

PQ, like Girl Scouts we need to always Be Prepared for this goofy weather. Went out today wearing a light jacket but took the rain jacket along too, just in case, Lol
                    Hope your day was a little less hectic today.

Mick, get some soup, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes into you so you don’t keel over man!! It really is a pain to eat when having all these dental procedures done. Hope it heals up quickly.
                    It’s likely Julie will continue to shed virus for a few weeks but not be infectious to others. That was the big question in the beginning of the pandemic - how long to keep someone isolated after infection. Glad she’s feeling better. I haven’t planted anything outside yet, too early for us. The fear of frost keeps me from doing what I want to do, haha!

Cyn, hope you are well & your friend is safely home now.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

I think I need to go hop on the bike to get some exercise, sat in teh car for too long today.
                    Have a nice night all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Same weather here as the two of you. Hope the forecast for 21C comes through for Friday when we have the food trucks in the parking lot.

Mick...wow, I just cringed when you described the tooth extraction. Hope the trains kept your mind off your mouth. The work is getting done and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The boss and I had a zoom meeting with the developers of the new tennis booking software this morning and we're really pleased with the results. The boss told me he had an email from the tennis instructor wondering when we'd go live with bookings. I thought whenever I can get around to creating the online registration. Next thing I know the boss came in and said he put all the tennis lessons into the system. Wow, stress level dropped to near normal. He said he found it quite easy to manure around and after reading my instructions (that I'd created for the prog cord) he said it was a piece of cake. So of course that led to a discussion about how useless the program coordinator was.

Lav...nice that you were able to get together with your daughter. I believe the last time you headed up there something came up and she couldn't meet up with you. Had a meeting with the boss and accountant today regarding event bookings and procedures. Wow, she really wants to run the show. Every time she came up with a suggestion I could point out at least 3 reasons why it wouldn't work. That's what you get when you figure you know it all but you don't. At the end of the meeting the boss said he'd have yet another discussion about her staying in her own lane. LOL No planting going on over here but we will turn the irrigation on April 28th. We're going to sit around freezing next week and I keep reminding the gardeners not until after the May long weekend. Oh well, if they want to plant twice that's their business.

Shout out to Det, Sam, Pauly and TG. I think I'm going to make mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs for supper tonight....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing well full stop my teeth and aching so bad this morning, although they did during the night. Julie still tested positive this morning. Weather not so great here, dry but cold and windy.

Hiya lav how are you today then?I had some soup earlier on,I'm trying to be careful as last time I had one of these out I got dry socket. I am planting stuff up in the greenhouse..mainly because we are away in 2 weeks time .we just booked another 4 day break in a place called Carlyon Bay just outside of Scarborough...think that's about the 5th June. Then the end of June off to Cornwall. Hope you have a good day

Hiya ppqp...How's you doing today?yes it sounds pretty brutal what the dentist did,but it was so numbed up never felt it.how are things doing at your work?hope all is well. I take it the program coordinator is history now? Take care

Hiya teepee hope you are ok..likewise your friend.

Big hello to everyone else

Comment

Greetings friends,

Dry today but overcast, gloomy. More rain coming tomorrow so we very well may end up with the predicted 3” by the end of the week. Amish farmers are planting corn already, they always know the right time. My younger grandson turned 11 today & was home sick all day, ugh. He face timed me to thank me for his gifts, didn’t look too sick to me, haha!

PQ, sounds like you’re getting the boss trained just right, LOL
                          Whatever it takes to create a peaceful work environment is OK with me I hope your community gardeners don’t jump the gun & plant too early. Seeds aren’t going to germinate in freezing weather, geez.

Mick, I have found ibuprofen to be very helpful with post dental procedure discomfort. I’m careful about taking it these days because I think it does elevate my BP but sometimes you just need relief.
                          Sounds like. You have some great trips tp look forward to, that’s great!

Cyn, hello & I hope everything is OK.

Pauly, Det & Sam, hope you are well.

Have a nice night all!!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Weather not too bad today, some clouds, some sun and very little wind.

Mick...you probably didn't get much sleep if the teeth were aching last night. Glad they were a bit better this morning. I hope Julie is feeling ok even if she's still testing positive. I think it takes about 14 days to run it's course but I'm no expert. Things at work are getting done and I'll meet my newsletter deadline on Friday so not stressed anymore. The prog coord is still on short term disability until May 17th. Even though her doctor's note stated May 31st she'll have to decide what she's doing before then. At this point I don't think coming back to work is an option.

Lav...he was probably having a good moment when he face timed you. LOL I just hope the volunteer that looks after the flower beds around the building doesn't start too soon. You can see all kinds of green from the daffodils but she still needs to leave things be.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, sorry I haven't been checking in but I basically wake up,shower,get dressed,eat a quick breakfast and head out the door these days! Everything is good here and it sounds like everything is ok for the most part with all of you,a quick hello and wishes for a great BF day for us all!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X