24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24th

Just got here..a straight drive..enjoyable..we are at a place called Killin..here for 2 nights and then on to Oban. Weather is glorious. On the way up we counted 258 motorhomes. The site is lovely and quiet
    20220424_160200.jpg

20220424_160126.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 24th

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this week. Glad you arrived at your first destination safely, it look lovely. Enjoy your adventure and remember it not about the destination, it's about the journey. Wishing you great weather along the way.

TG...good to see you actually were able to post. Don't wear yourself out now. Are you near any of those fires I'm hearing about?

Lav...thanks for thinking of us before going to bed last night. LOL

We're having a reprieve before the next snow event, the weekend is going to be above normal temps for this time of year. Bright and sunny out there so going to get out for a walk before the household chores quilt sets in. LOL

Shout out to Sam, Det and Pauly...have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Jjust back from my walk & I figured this is a good time to check in instead of waiting until midnight, haha. Time really flies when you’re thoroughly distracted. I’m trying to catch up on pillow orders while finishing up getting ready for next Saturday’s vendor fair. Warm, sunny & the AC turned itself on today, oh well.

Mick, glad your trip has started off on a good foot. The site looks very pretty, I hope you enjoy yourselves.

PQ, I think I would pull all my hair out if it snowed here again, haha. I’m trying to plant things & we will be having nights down in the 30’s later this week, ugh. I’ll just cover up the newbies & not get into plant worry mode. I sure hope the snow is not too big of a nuisance for you.

Hello to Cyn, hope you’re relaxing at least a little.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hiya all..Still here at Killin..didn't sleep too great last night..was overtired ..but eventually nodded off.lovely day here today, went to the falls earlier..sent some vids to folks,but for those that didn't get em here is a pic of the old bridge over them.got the television working last night vwith tintoretto.. watched Jack Reacher in bed.. I was in bed ..not him this time tomorrow we will be in Oban. Take care all 20220425_121338.jpg
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings folks,

Cloudy & cool today, rain I think will be here tomorrow.
          I’m pretty much stuck inside anyway getting ready for my weekend gig.

Mick, the video was awesome, thanks
          I hope tomorrow is just as fabulous.

Hello to pQ, Cyn, Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Argg! Just lost my post and no auto recovery!

Lav...good idea not to wait till midnight to post. LOL Good luck with getting everything done for the sale, I'm sure it'll be a huge success.

Mick...sorry about the sleep, don't over do it you need your rest. Great video, thanks for sending. I'm jealous you watched a Reacher show! Safe travels tomorrow and we'll see you in Oban.

Quiet day today and I actually went out to lunch with a coworker. First time in a restaurant in 3 years. It was a nice break.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all ..just lost the post trying to put some pics up..so I'll do it again but send the pics by messenger .anyone that doesn't get them but would like ..let me know..we are at a very quiet site in a place called Balcardine. On the edge of Oban Bay. We passed a tiny primary school where the kids were painting stones for donations to Ukraine ����..really sweet

Hiya ppqp..tell me about the no auto recovery!!how are you doing?hope all is well with you.yes watched Reacher again last night..some gorgeous views here up the Loch. Hope you have a great day

Hiya lav how are you today then?hope all is well with you .Best of luck for your jamboree at the weekend weather is lovely here again today.

Hiya teegee hope everything is well with you...

Pauly det and Sam hope all is well with you

Take care everyone

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, it looks like you are on the site right now! I hope you have had a marvelous day there. The site looks beautiful, and Brit campers seem so tidy compared to the US campgrounds! I hope that you've been adding some rest to your itinerary... I know how marvelous, but tiring, trips can be. Wishing you a beautiful day tomorrow - ?of travel to Oban? I look forward to more pics. Be safe!

Lav, so you are headed to another arts fair? Great - lucky shoppers to have you there on the job. I'm sure you have beautiful things to offer, and people are in the mood! Here's hoping your little plants get through any cold spells. It was cold here yesterday with a big wind (no surprise there), but warm today and tomorrow... more whiplash here. The drought in Colorado was so sad to see - the Big Thompson canyon had very little running water... the Platte River in Nebraska is more sandbar than moving water. The midwest and the west are in serious trouble, so we'll see what the future brings.

PPQ - we did in fact traverse a fire area in NE, but we were north of it. It is a big fire for this state, but we must have just been at the beginning... it was south of our route, but we didn't get any whiff of smoke. We did drive in 40 - 50 mph winds all the way there and back, and one day at the cabin was furious winds and snow... a little scary. Those poor people in the fires... the videos look like the fire was just eating up territory... and one death so far... so destructive. It made me feel that we had magically escaped.

Hello to Pauly, Det and Sam (how's the preparations going?). Hello to any passing by... wishing everyone sunshine, nice temps, and NO WIND!

Comment

Greeting friends,

Cloudy all day & we just had a quick shower. No lack of water/rain for these east coast dwellers, that’s for sure. Temps to be in the low 40’s tonight so I guess the plants will be OK
                  Working on the last of the projects for Saturday so I’ve been busy.

PQ, aren’t you proud of me for remembering to post during normal hours? Haha!!
                  Nice you had a chance to go out for lunch yesterday. I appreciate the lunches out these days after all those years working in hospitals that didn’t let you go out? Where can you go for lunch, eat 7 get back in 30 minutes anyway? Lol

Mick, I really enjoyed the clear blue water pictures - something we don’t have here anywhere/
                  I hope you’re having fun & getting some rest too.

Cyn, sitting here in damp-land, it’s hard to imagine things so dry in the west & the fire danger all around. Can’t someone figure out how to spread some of this moisture around for us?
                  My brother is in northern CA but i haven’t heard from him lately about their drought situation. Just doesn’t seem right. Hope you’re resting up too!

Hello to Pauly, DEt & Sam, hope all is well with you.

Have a nice night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Appears to be another missing post. Will catch up with everyone later today. Have a good one....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all..another lovely day here today..sitting outside the van with a brew in shorts and t shirt..Julie suggested we go for a walk .. we did..up the side of a mountain. Only about 5 miles but really enjoyable tomorrow we get the ferry over to the Isle of Mull..it's only about an hour. We are staying in Tobermory...hope everyone is doing well.arrrgh just lost a post trying to send pictures

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...you may have to hold off on posting pics till you're back. Just googled Tobermory, wow. Are there all those coloured houses along the water? Is this close to where you are?

mic.jpg

Googled Isle of Mull, you know it's Scotland's Eagle Island right? Glad your weather is behaving and I hope you two have a fabulous time.

Lav...you'll probably be posting as I type. Hope you had a good day and that all your crafts are done.

TG...hope you're having some down time. Not checking back as I don't want to loose this post.

Shout out to everyone else. Have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Cold & blustery today - WTH? It is supposed to be spring, right? I have to go out & cover up my baby herb plants so they don’;t freeze overnight.
                          Still catching up on last minute embroidery things but nearly done

Mick, I hope your day was enjoyable, thanks for the pics

PQ, hope your day was good & you’re not getting snowed on or anything, LOL

Hello to Cyn, Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -
                            PPQ, I have taken to copying my words before I hit “post”... just in case... I’ve never needed it yet, except for the day that I didn’t copy, and then of course I lost the post.

Mick, okay, I will open up my device where I can see things on Messenger... it all sounds gorgeous. So glad you can still post! Enjoy, and I hope the weather holds for you.

Lav, I am thinking of you, I know you are working hard to get ready - that’s great. Well, yes, we could use your moisture here. I don’t remember in my youth ever seeing fire danger warnings here in the city and environs... no rain, but at least the huge winds have died down. I go walk by the geese every day, cheering in the goose mommas sitting on their nests... it seems like it’s been weeks... today I saw one momma stretching her legs... that must have felt good. We reached 78 degrees today, so maybe they feel like the eggs will stay warm enough if they wander a bit. The dads are always watching out...

Okay,,enough nature reporting... 😉

Here’s hoping all are well - hi to Sam, Pauly, Det and anyone dropping by -

Comment

Hiya all. How are we today then?hope everyone is ok.the signal over here is very weak, and I can't get the Internet properly .that's why I sent pics earlier. We are just outside Tobermory. Where ppqp put the pic up..saw some seals earlier we are on the trip tomorrow. It was supposed to be Saturday but the weather is supposed to be bad so they swopped the days over .hope everyone is doing ok..

Comment

Working...
                              X