• Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Army 2022

White rabbits and a pinch and a punch for the 1st of the month

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: May Army 2022

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]............had to google Coronary Angiogram. Hope it all goes well. Shame about your daughter.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..............hows about streaking up and down Grafton Street for a bit of excitement.

Tired as can be but serves me right as I watched Terminator 2 'til yon time.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Is it May? Jaysus! Hello all..no need still just counting the days..enjoy your evening
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening everyone

Hope test goes well Brit. Take no notice of that one Molly, we don’t want to hear about you on the 9 o’clock news. Climbed Lugnaquilla and the weather was miserable. Had all the gear so was ok. Went for lunch in the Glenmalure inn, lovely spot and just chilled for the evening. Very tired now as did a pick up in city around 12.30 last night. Night all.

Comment

Happy May fellow campers, a lovely time of year in nature. I didn’t climb any mountains today but it feels like I did figuratively speaking.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
            I didn’t climb any mountains today but it feels like I did figuratively speaking.
            Me neither Tabbers. Didn't streak down Grafton Street neither :harhar:

Did go into work though - God it's difficult but my job is a doddle compared to the Care Assistants who have all the tough work to do.
            We are going to form a group of like minded people who - if the worst happens and we are confined to a chair day in and day out - we will help each other with alternatives

The medical focus seems to be to keep older people alive at all costs. But it's not living being locked up for the past 2 years with no family visits for fear of Covid.
            Even now your day consists of sitting in a room with 25 others all day with the TV blaring. With breaks for meals & 'toileting'. Stuff of nightmares imo. It is a truly horrible existence not having your mind any more.
            Most of them are just extremely unhappy and want to go 'home'.

Now on that cheery note
            Nighty night xxxx

Comment

That would drive you to drink [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], very sad. I get that nursing home have to stay vigilant, but at what cost? I think a lot of the covid ways are convenient now for people (schools are slow to bring back PT meeting, school tours and a lot more). But people in nursing homes.. you paint a very sad picture.

Bank holiday today, actually doing a booze run now, incase anyone sees me with bottles of wine and beer in my trolley in tesco! Confirmation next week, won't be a boozy day but have to have something! At least I can buy it without feeling uneasy, although i will still want to hide it under the toilet roll and explain to the girl on the till that we are having an actual party!! Old habits...
              Last edited by IamMary; May 2, 2022, 04:35 AM.
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
                Off to Pots ad Paws (you'll have to google) to get my friend's birthday pressie. They sell lovely odd things.

I won't be streaking today either......its miserable out there so its big coat on.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                  That would drive you to drink [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], very sad. I get that nursing home have to stay vigilant, but at what cost? I think a lot of the covid ways are convenient now for people (schools are slow to bring back PT meeting, school tours and a lot more). But people in nursing homes.. you paint a very sad picture.

Bank holiday today, actually doing a booze run now, incase anyone sees me with bottles of wine and beer in my trolley in tesco! Confirmation next week, won't be a boozy day but have to have something! At least I can buy it without feeling uneasy, although i will still want to hide it under the toilet roll and explain to the girl on the till that we are having an actual party!! Old habits...
                  I couldn't agree more re. the 'covid ways' --- I know you work from home Mary and I'm sure maybe your company is set up well for it... but I cannot count the number of times I've tried to do stuff connected with moving house and the WFH people I've been dealing with... oh latherin HEART -- utter chaos and confusion... nobody knows what in the past the person at the next desk would have known -- it's an absolute shambles and my heart SINKS when people laud the advantages of it.... yeah I'm sure it's grand for child-minding etc.... but really?? Someone in Laya who couldn't see the details of my policy -- someone in Sky who 'will get back to you' cos he couldn't get the information I needed.. and never gets back... how many dropped calls because of bad connections... it really isn't good enough... can you sense I'm frustrated????!!!!

Comment

Afternoon all -- just had to get that off my chest!!!

Got loads of plants transplanted and ready for travel ... taken cuttings and just loads of gardening done.... dead tired now tho...

As regards the old people in the nursing homes -- I just think that's so sad... it really is... but what is the alternative I wonder... they got dogs abuse back at the beginning when the old people weren't protected... and I expect they fear another variant that will be worse maybe... oh I dunno -- I think to rob the elderly of their last few years --- very sad

Comment

Afternoon all

Very sad portrayal Satz. Hope I pop my clogs long before I ever end up in one of those places.

You are packing plants Molly and I’m packing paint and cleaning stuff. Heading down west on Wednesday to start the clean out. My SIL joining me and all the doggies. Agree with you regarding the WFH brigade.

Bet you don’t know yourself entertaining in the renovated house Mary. Must Google that place JC, enjoy.

Legs a bit tired but grand today. Just took the doggies out for a walk.

Comment

Happy May!!!
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                          Afternoon all

Very sad portrayal Satz. Hope I pop my clogs long before I ever end up in one of those places.

You are packing plants Molly and I’m packing paint and cleaning stuff. Heading down west on Wednesday to start the clean out. My SIL joining me and all the doggies. Agree with you regarding the WFH brigade.

Bet you don’t know yourself entertaining in the renovated house Mary. Must Google that place JC, enjoy.

Legs a bit tired but grand today. Just took the doggies out for a walk.
                          Besides the weather Rusters -- did you find Lugnaquilla a hard climb? Fair dues to you --- !! oh believe you me I've to pack heaps of cleaning stuff as well -- the plants are just an added luxury!!! Great(?or is it?) the SIL is going to help you... in-laws can be good or evil!!!! I have the big 40/70 birthday happening on Sat... hoping for good weather cos Simon says he'll do it as a bbq -- he's a fabulous bbq'er -- lazy casual motion watching him feeding the 5,000 -- whereas I get into a blather if there's only 2 of us! Otherwise it'll be a big snazzy lunch down here... I'll make the call on Wed -- depending on Met. Eireann!!!

That's about it -- Jilly has almost all her stuff out of the house so it's just all becoming a bit doable now... chinese take-out tonight -- fed up being a domestic goddess:congratulatory:

Comment

xpost Techie -- happy May to you too xx

edit -- that was an xpost about an hour apart -- jilly called in when I was mid-posting so just pressed send when she had gone haha
                            Last edited by mollyka; May 2, 2022, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                              Besides the weather Rusters -- did you find Lugnaquilla a hard climb? Fair dues to you --- !! oh believe you me I've to pack heaps of cleaning stuff as well -- the plants are just an added luxury!!! Great(?or is it?) the SIL is going to help you... in-laws can be good or evil!!!! I have the big 40/70 birthday happening on Sat... hoping for good weather cos Simon says he'll do it as a bbq -- he's a fabulous bbq'er -- lazy casual motion watching him feeding the 5,000 -- whereas I get into a blather if there's only 2 of us! Otherwise it'll be a big snazzy lunch down here... I'll make the call on Wed -- depending on Met. Eireann!!!

That's about it -- Jilly has almost all her stuff out of the house so it's just all becoming a bit doable now... chinese take-out tonight -- fed up being a domestic goddess:congratulatory:
                              It’s a long climb, 16km but the way we went up there was one steep climbing part and apart from that was grand. Have done it a few times at this stage.

This SIL is grand. Other one is another story but I keep well away!!

Comment

Working...
                              X