May 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 15

Good afternoon everyone and how are we today then? Hope all is well. It is sunny over here but also pretty windy. The horses are in the back Fields, I counted 16 this morning. Haven't done too much today although so I did finish most of the work on my railway layout, I will put some pictures up.
    Hiya lav how are you today?all good?yes I had a lie in today, 7am I was up.if I go back to sleep I end up with a headache. Hope you are having a decent day.

Hello Pauly teegee and ppqp how are you all?have a good weekend

20220515_122420.jpg

20220515_122724.jpg

20220515_123225.jpg

20220515_122754.jpg

20220515_122618.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: May 15

Thanks for the startup for the week, Mick! I saw that Lav posted last night late...

Sorry to be away... I've been spending all days and evenings on the computer, figuring out finances, etc. and by the time I close the computer (and have forgotten to post) I just can't get myself to open it up again. Next week will be different -- I will be driving to Wisconsin to help some friends with their clutter! They are desperate, and are actually hiring me to help set up some systems for them. Then it's back to NE for the end of the month graduation of my niece's oldest. I may even drive (an hour away) this evening to see/hear her last band concert...

Mick, so sorry about Jeeves - how is he doing now? I bet you were tired after that night of nursing him... The trains and towns are amazing! I want to move there! Thanks for those pics. And good to hear about the flowers you are planting - and making one for Julie's dad, how nice of you. Enjoy those horses - that sounds like quite a herd (if that's the right word) Hope the weather improves for you. It finally cooled off here and we got a bit of rain...

PPQ - so wild that you are dealing with snow and I am dealing with extreme heat. Finally that spell snapped, so I am enjoying a nice cool breeze here now - the first time in weeks. That's wise to wait to plant - when I lived in MN, the last week in May was the absolute earliest anyone would consider planting... hope you found some shoes...

Lav, snakes, yikes! And your beagle can smell them? Who knew they had a smell! Good though if they are keeping the mice population down. It seems so early for school to be getting out - especially because of all the lost time from Covid, but maybe it will take a year to get back in the groove. The city where I am living announced that hundreds of teachers will not be returning to teach next year... mostly high school teachers. Nurses and teachers, the most undervalued workers in America. I hope we get this situation figured out.

Hello to Pauly, Sam, Det and anyone else stopping by. Wishing all well --

Comment

Greetings from the deck - it’s not raining for a change, haha! Storms scheduled for tomorrow afternoon though, could be big ones.

Mick, I love all the lighting on your train platform. It does look very inviting
      No snake sightings today although I know they’ll be back soon enough. I actually woke up at 6, went to the bathroom & right back to bed for another hour. There was no sunlight so no reason to stay up.

Cyn, it’s hard to sit by yourself & figure those things out. I always need to run things by someone else, gather opinions then end up doing what I want. Good luck with that.
      I hope your trip to Wisconsin is any easy one. I have to agree with you the teachers & nurses are not treated well, get no respect. In my next life, if I get one I will be neither of those professions. You just get damn tired of being taken advantage of & walked on by CEOs. Not sure what I will be yet but I’ll figure something out.

PQ, hope you got your time off this weekend!

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice evening all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, sounds like everyone is doing OK! Waves to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

A very short post today..I am shattered. About 9 last night jeeves took a downturn for the worse.I medded him upbut nothing..decided to phone the vet..closed obviously..past on to the emergency vet..no reply. Phoned the animal hospital in Manchester .they said bring him down immediately I literally picked him up flat...and bombed down the motorway. The hospital Phoned me on the way down..they were waiting to rush him in....and here we go.I was 10 minutes away and the little bugger started coming round..by the time I got there he was bouncing around.they triaged him checked him.we ended up there till 2.30 am.and on top of that I had to drove home in a massive storm. The vet was brilliant. Jeeves had had earlier on gutstasis and one of things they think caused it was eating too much grass.apparently spring grass contains lots of sugar which sends him loopy. The vet said that the stuff I gave him without any doubt brought him back the nurse said it was fortunate I knew what to do..I should hope I do after all his performances!!!he got meds and an injection. Today he is as right as rain .

So I need to keep an eye on him.so that's me..

Apologies but a big hello to everyone
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening friends,

Weird day, storms off & on & we’re still getting severe storm warnings. They even let the kids out of school early this afternoon.
            10 minutes ago it was pouring, now the sun is out, weird.

Pauly, good to see you, hope you are well!

Mick, so glad Jeeves is OK after all that. I’m sure you will survive as well. Pets & kids can really break your back, ugh!
            My son did the exact same thing one Sunday morning as we drove him to the ER. He had been sick with some virus but suddenly I couldn’t get any fluids in him & his diaper was dry from overnight. He looked seriously dehydrated. While we were waiting to be seen on a busy Sunday morning the kid started taking sips of Pepsi from a can & by the time we saw the doc he was as good as new, hahah!
            Hope you got some rest today.

Hello to PQ, Cyn, Det & Sam. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for being away but I tried to stay off my computer. I thought it was Saturday all day Friday, LOL Only had to pop over to the community centre twice on Saturday, all total about 1 hr out of my weekend. Today seemed to take for ever, glad I'm home now.

Mick...wow, what a scare. I was really worried reading your post. Glad he's ok and I hope you had a peaceful day. Nice job on the lighting, your train setup is awesome!

Lav...we've had some pretty nice weather over the weekend and today. Almost too hot. Unfortunately it's supposed to change tomorrow and they're calling for more snow on Friday. I just hope it's not the heavy wet stuff and that there isn't too much.

Pauly...glad to see you popping in. Hope you had a good day.

TG...I totally get not opening up your computer again after shutting it down. You seem to busy as ever. Nice that your friends are going to hire you, I'm sure that'll help with your budget.

Time to get dinner started. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hello all ,how are we today then?all good I hope ..Jeeves seems a lot better today ...Ive cut the grass front and back so they cant munch on that part .I can understand what the vet meant it is so soft grass.The 2 of them are in the garage in the coolness its really hot here .Time for a rest ..cut the grass front and back watered the garden moved some plants and jetwashed the van complete including the roof .thats enough .
                hiya pauly hows you today then? hope you are doing good girl .how is work doing?

hiya ppqp..how are you then?did staying off yuor computer help?if so thats all that matters ...no sorry needed at all.as long as we know you are ok.hows work doing? any nooze on the ex prog co cord coming back .?you taker care and have a good day.

hiya teegee ..hope all is well with you ...good luck with your friends ..you could always set them up a system for setting up systems to manage everything !

hiya lav hows you then?storms? we have had them the last couple of days.yep kids and pets ..jeez ..have you started planting up yet in the garden?take care and have a good day ...

right folks ,short and sweet ..take care have fun

Comment

Oh my gosh, Mick, I thought you were going to say that Jeeves went to the Great Bunny Beyond... I read on quickly! Glad that you made that mad trip safely, and that all turned out okay... you sure have a funny way of resting - that sounded like a very busy day you put in. Good luck, and tell the rabbits to "Keep off the Grass!"

Lav, what crazy weather you are having! Here they keep promising rain, but it never amounts to much. I did see the Flower Moon rise a couple of nights ago - the sky was crystal clear -and I even stayed up long enough to see the eclipse start eating away at the lower left corner... that was almost scary to see. I guess in terms of planetary energy this is a crazy-nutty time, so we'll just buckle our seatbelts and hang on! On top of it being Mercury retrograde... yikes!

PPQ - I hope that your promised snow didn't arrive! Enough! I am always getting confused about what day it is... living alone and not working at a job outside the house makes me oblivious sometimes... I hope all your projects are going well, and that your health is turning around for the better... did you get your new sneakers?

Pauly, thanks so much for dropping by - always such a pleasure to see you -- how's things? All okay with the new job? Hope so --- take care.

Sam, when is the wedding? I hope all is going well for that. Take care

Det, thinking of you often - we support you!

Wishing all well who drop by -- take care -
                  Last edited by treegirl; May 17, 2022, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Nice day here, can’t complain. I’ll wait until Saturday to complain when it hits 93 humid degrees, yuck, haha!
                    Just heard from my friend about her son - he’s was just transferred to a rehab hospital where hopefully they will get him functioning again, to some degree. It sounds like he suffered a good bit of brain damage so we’ll see how far he can come back. I find it hard to believe he actually made it thru 3 GSWs.

PQ. I can’t believe you could get snow when we’re about to swelter on Saturday, crazy!!!
                    Hope your day was good today.

Mick, we’re in the whiplash weather thing here again. We never know what the next day is going to bring.
                    YB is in charge of veggie planting here, I gave that up years ago, haha. I have lots of flowers popping up & look after them. Glad the bunnies have a cool spot to go to when it gets hot.

Cyn, I’m glad you got to see the moon & eclipse. We always wait anxiously for those events then end up with a heavy cloud cover & can’t see a thing, figures.
                    Hope your day was good today

Hellos to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL....

Well the day didn't drag as much as yesterday so that was good. Spent the last half hour of the day trying to book off my vacation days. I am taking Thursday afternoon's off till the end of June and then I had to find another 11 days to book off. Didn't submit it for approval yet, want to go over it again tomorrow.

Mick...so glad Jeeves is doing better and that they're able to cool off in the garage. I concur with TG, you have a strange way of relaxing. LOL Work is going good, I actually got an email and a phone call from last weekend renters thanking me for all I did to make their event a huge success. They will definitely be back. Made sure I passed that onto the boss, employee reviews are coming up in July. As far as the prog coord goes, May 24th is "D" (decision) day. We all figure she'll be back as getting onto Long Term Disability is hard to do. I'm not too concerned as I feel comfortable in knowing what my job responsibilities are, unlike the last 5 years!

TG...I know, that's exactly what I thought Mick was going to say and quickly finished reading. Nice that you were able to see the start of the eclipse, I'm the same as Lav with cloudy skies just as it's supposed to happen. Projects are coming along just fine with no community events to have to deal with. Time to let things wind down to summer and I'm all ready for the fall programs. No sneakers yet, I really have to force myself to go shopping. LOL

Lav...you'll be justified complaining with 93 humid degrees! I'll take the damp cool weather any day. Good news about your friends son moving on to rehab but unfortunately they've got a long way to go. I actually gave up my garden plot to a mobility challenged gentleman who hasn't been able to garden with us for 3 years. He's ecstatic about being able to come back. I never have to worry about getting enough garden produce from everyone, and without the work. LOL

Shout out to Det, Sam and Pauly. Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello everyone and how are we today then question mark hope everyone is doing well well the weather over here today yet again is crazy a bit windy but really warm and sunny. Glad to report both the rabbits are doing well over saying such a thing is tempting fate. I am up on the tops at the moment watching the hang gliders taking off. I'm not really into that, there is a bit of me that says I wouldn't mind a shot.

Hiya lav how are you doing today then?hope everything is ok.so you are in charge of the flowers are you?I just got some more this morning..£1.89 for 10 geraniums..you couldn't grow them for that

Hiya ppqp how are you then .all good hopefully. It's interesting..that co ord used to make your life a misery at work, but now she isn't an issue..long may that be. You have a great day.

Hiya teegee. Nope jeeves got chucked off the rainbow Bridge!!for being a pain!did you get that video I sent you?there is one on messenger. What are you up to today?

Hiya pauly how are you?

Right peeps short and sweet

20220518_135451.jpg20220518_135709.jpg

Comment

Greetings friends,

Busy day that started off with a trip to the dentist to get my new crown glued in. Then off to YB’s dermatologist for his 3 month skin check due to his Hx melanoma, all was good. We stopped for a quick walk thru Longwood Gardens on the way back where they are starting on a 3 year renovation of the conservatory - wow! Then, since we were passing by Applebees on the way home we stopped for dinner so I’m happy. 8 hours of rain promised overnight tonight.

PQ, glad your ;customers’ are happy with current conditions at the community center. I think you had a lot to do with that
                          Today they’re telling us that we may have 3 90+ days in a row which means HEATWAVE, ugh!! Way too early for that nonsense. That’s so nice of you to give up your garden space like that. Enjoy the freebies, Lol

Mick, hell wold have to be completely frozen over before you would see me hang gliding, I kid you not!
                          When our kids were still teens we went to the Bahamas one year for Christmas & I almost had a heart attack seeing my 17 yr old son do that, yikes!!!! He was fearless, still is pretty much!
                          That’s cool you found plants on sale like that. We do pretty well buying from Amish greenhouses, they don’t price gouge anyone. I’m happy therain will take care of the watering tonight since I never had a chance to get to it myself today.

Hello to Cyn, hope all is well.

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Well, the little general accountant has sure ruffled the childcare directors feathers. I'm just staying in my lane and out of the way. Some of the things she (the accountant) has said to me makes me just shake my head and I want to say do you even hear yourself? She has taken on some HR responsibilities as she does have access to employee files. The rest of us are not happy about it and I will be clarifying a few things when I have my next one-on-one meeting with the boss. Needless to say the two of them have taken the next 2 days off so it should be a quiet end to the week.

Mick...it is a bit more than windy here, constant wind with bursts of gusts. Must be the bad weather getting blown in. They've just cancelled a lot of the outdoor viewing events for game 1 of the second round of the playoffs. We call this one the battle of Alberta as we're up against Edmonton team. It's been 31 years since we've played off with Edmonton. Glad to hear the positive rabbit report, I hope Jeeves quits molting soon. I'm with Lav, you couldn't pay me enough to hang glide. I think the boss has a good idea of the prog coord's capabilities and saw first hand how she relied on me to get her job done. I'll make sure I have an open dialogue with him if she starts stepping out of line.

Lav...saw your light on and thought I'd wait till you posted. You had a productive day...dentist, dermatologist, Longwood and dinner out, well done. Sounds like you won't have to water again tomorrow. LOL Not to toot my own horn but I think I have had a lot to do about turning perception around at the community centre. May it continue with the ominous return of the prog coord. With these crazy weather patterns I'm not surprised your expecting a heat wave. I think it will be a long time before we get back into any kind of a normal weather pattern.

TG...almost called you Cyn LOL, hope your getting through the budget and making time for yourself.

Sam...let us know if the wedding has taken place. Curious minds want to know.

Det...hope all is good with you, miss your posts.

I miss Pauly and her dinner suggestions too. Tonight it's meatballs, mushroom sauce, rice and green beans. Have a great night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hello all how are we ?....from a lovely sunny Lancashire ..not for long ,again the doom gods predict hail and pestilence is on the way ...well not quite ..just thunderstorms.happy to report that both the rabbits are well.and doing good..dont know what the injection Jeeves got but it has given him a new lease of life ..think Im going to get one ..Some of the sealing tape is starting to lift on the van roof so Ive been up fixing that plus shopping etc .

hiya ppqp..toot toot how are you then?ok I hope ..you need to be a wee bit careful..you are going to end up with another hat if the accountant throws a sickie!... make sure you discuss all that stuff at your next bilat !Calgary v Edmonton..best of luck to you.and yes Im sure you have contributed massively if not run the whole show ...so blow your own trumpet ...you deserve to

hiya lav ..hows you then?new crown as well ? then tried it out for size at Applebees..go for it ..and then the gardens ...Ive looked their website lots of times ....that conservatory project looks mahoosive...

Beauty in the Making | Longwood Gardens

plus atm the festival of fountains is on .and that looks good too...and the wisteria ..Is it far from you?looks like Ive got to water the garden ...mbh its looking pretty good .

hiya teegee ..you ok?

Det ..how are you doing fella ..havent heard from you for yonks

pauly you good ?

yo Sam hows Virginny?

take it eazee yall

Comment

Working...
                              X