Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does it feel when ya quit drinking ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does it feel when ya quit drinking ...

After you have lasted a few days for example?

Start to feel good, feel fresh, more motivated etc..?

Looking to try and leave the drinking world again.

Re: How does it feel when ya quit drinking ...

I'd say it all depends on if you have a physical dependence on alcohol or not, and how severe it is. And as always everyone's experience is different.
    A

Comment

absolute shit but determined. Detoxing is the worst, but after 8 years, it is the hardest thing i have ever done and the most rewarding. I have never regretted stopping drinking, i will be full of regret if i ever start again. Anything worthwhile is difficult and sobriety is so worthwhile.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post
        absolute shit but determined. Detoxing is the worst, but after 8 years, it is the hardest thing i have ever done and the most rewarding. I have never regretted stopping drinking, i will be full of regret if i ever start again. Anything worthwhile is difficult and sobriety is so worthwhile.
        Thanks. No I'm not dependent on it and I don't suffer withdrawal.

All i mean is how good does it feel to not have it in your system and be a sober person.

Xx

Comment

It depends on how long you drank and the amount. Me I felt better within the first couple of days but others have taken time. Give your body time to heal. It could take some weeks for you to feel better. After all your body is healing from the alcohol abuse it endured.

I feel great being sober. I am able to live life more fully and I can go out and have fun and watch others get drunk. I feel sorry for them in a sense because while I will wake up fine they won't.
          Last edited by DriftyAlison0; May 23, 2022, 05:43 PM.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftyAlison0 View Post
            I feel great being sober. I am able to live life more fully and I can go out and have fun and watch others get drunk. I feel sorry for them in a sense because while I will wake up fine they won't.

[MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION]
            That feeling you describe is exactly what got me though the first few months - in fact, if I'm honest, I love it - evil I know :devilish:

Comment

Working...
            X