Need Prayers 4 Maddie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Prayers 4 Maddie

My Goldendoodle Maddie has lymphoma and is in serious decline. Our vet recommended veterinary oncology but I’m not putting a 12 y/o dog through that. We are lovingly tending her. It just breaks my heart to see my hiking buddy struggling. We are grateful for your prayers because I know they help!

Thank you,
    Techie

5629F16C-6E0E-463B-908E-6BE194DCFDE5.jpg

A64E59C4-B335-4952-AE70-DFD9DB81DAED.jpg
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Re: Need Prayers 4 Maddie

Prayers & good thoughts coming your way techie!
    I know how hard it is watching your pets decline but making her comfortable at this point is probably best :hug:

Take care of yourself too!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] :hug::hug:
      Poor Maddie - she's gorgeous.
      Make her last days memorable.
      You are right not to inflict more on her - let nature take it course unless she is pain.

The silver lining - she won't know her time is limited.

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]............:hug::hug:
        Maddie is gorgeous........give her the painkillers when needed but let her go in her own time.
        She'll always be part of your heart.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

My thoughts and prayers to you and Maddie [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

My late Alison was diagnosed at 16 with lymphoma. I to did not want her to go through chemo at her age. (she was a cat). Also the cancer was starting to affect her kidneys. With her age and my financial situation at the time I chose to keep her comfortable and had meds to help her but it would not stop the cancer. I had her 2 more months after diagnosis and she passed the early morning when I was going to put her down because the meds was not working anymore.

Praying and enjoy the time that you have left. I am here for you if you ever need someone to talk to. I have been where you are now.
            Last edited by DriftyAlison0; May 23, 2022, 05:46 PM.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Oh Technie, there is nothing worse than losing your best friend, give her her bucket list, spoil her rotten and you will know when the time is right. Sending you positive thoughts. I lost my maddie 3 years ago and miss her every day, she was my bestie to end all besties. xx
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Sorry to hear mate. Saying a prayer for Maddie.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Prayers sent
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Techie, We faced the same heartache with our first Golden Retriever at age 12 also. We also declined chemo and decided to get a new Golden during the 3 months she was expected to live, hoping that some of her fabulous traits would rub off on the new pup. She perked up so much with a little friend around and they had a weird behavior - the pup would lick her neck tumor areas for a long time everyday. This was the only part of the body involved and both seemed to want it. I don't know if it was some kind of doggie-chemo or what but the 3-month life expectancy we were given stretched to 13 reasonably healthy months with 2 dogs, which was quite a gift. I'm definitely not suggesting a puppy unless that is something you want (!) but just wanted to share that we and vets don't know everything. Miracles can happen. I'm holding you and Maddie in my heart. NS

Comment

Maddie is out of pain and in a better place. I appreciate all your support and prayers. God bless you. x
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thinking of you, please take care :hug:
                        I like to think our pups know that we suffer when they suffer. Glad Maddie is now at peace.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                        X