May29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May29th

hello all ..how are we today then? hope all is well with everyone today.got quite a bit done today,got the nettles and rushes cut back behind the fence in the field.Ive got a pair of anti slash and stab gloves from the past ...they are ideal for pulling nettles !!then I got the guttering and fascia boards cleaned at the back of the house ...looks good now ..though all I could hear from Julie was "its not safe "etc ..got the side to do ,the front to do and a cracked paving slab to replace ..

the pollen is very very high today...my breathing is suffering slightly ....

heres the latest for the platinum jubilee..

Platinum Jubilee: Boris Johnson poised to mark celebrations with post-Brexit pledge to bring back pounds and ounces | UK News | Sky News

wow going back to my skool days ..I was taught in imperial...will be interesting for all those that were educated after 1970...in metric land

we have managed to get a cancellation on site at Brid..so now we are offski on Friday..Yes we arent taking the car ,most places are within bimbling distance .

hope everyone is doing good .we are binging on a new to us telly series ...house of cards..If politics over there is half as devious then ..wow .

take care everyone ....

Former Prime Minister John Major pledged to make Britain a 'classless society'.

Having just spent the afternoon in my local Wetherspoons, I have to say he did a pretty thorough job.

Liverpool job centre monday: "We're going to stop your benefits immediately"

"Why ? I've got a bad back"

"This video of you climbing a 30 foot fence in Paris on saturday proves otherwise"

Your son has been eating electrical cords. What do you do?

Ground him until he conducts himself properly.

My wife ventured out on her cart to do her shopping and when she got back she was in tears about "another shortage" and according to her apparently we now have a shortage of fruits like oranges.

"Are you sure ?... I was just there yesterday and I saw every kind of fruit was in the stall."

"The candied jellied oranges that I always eat with the frosty sugar coating are no longer there !"

I was listening to BBC radio and the newscaster was talking about a super yacht in Torquay harbour being on fire. The words used were . . . The yacht has sunk. Firefighters say they now have the fire under control. . .
    I thought, Mmm, maybe the boat being underwater helped.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: May29th

MAE ALL...

Mick...you listen to Julie, she knows what she's talking about. LOL I see you're enjoying a relaxing Sunday.... I never used to be affected by pollen but as the years add up I've acquired allergies. Nice that you're able to head off to Brid on Friday, life of the retirees. Oooh House of Cards, I think the boys have that on the server. I know what I'm watching tonight.

A bit more overcast today but that's ok. It's been a frustrating weekend with never ending issues at the community centre. Was over there again this morning to explain to the renter that he's only rented one of our rooms and to stay out of the rest of them!! Did send off an email to the boss so will discuss with him tomorrow.

Shout out to everyone else. Hope you're having a great Sunday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

We had the perfect cookout weather today, nice
      Family just left, everyone seemed happy & full. I have lots of leftovers as planned` so won’t be cooking tomorrow the actual Memorial Day.

Mick, I don’t blame Julie for worrying about your aerial maneuvers haha!! Glad you got the job done safely.
      Our strawberry plants are looking pathetic so I think they will be ripped up & replaced with some sunflowers plants already started. At least they’ll be pretty to look at.
      I think yesterday’s storm wiped out the pollen here - at least for a while. Nice to be able to breathe thru your nose, hahah!! When we were kids & learning weights & measures in school we were told that sooner or later we would be using the metric system like the rest of the world. And here today we still have pounds, ounces, yards, etc.

PQ, sorry your quiet weekend wasn’t so quiet. Hope you & the boss can get things squared away tomorrow.

Hello to Cyn who is probably on the move.

Hello to Pauly. Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all,how are we today then? hope all is well.It has been pouring down with rain today...hasnt stopped all day...so lot of jobs I was going to do have been put off ..hopefully get them done tomorrow..at least the garden will have been watered.

hiya Lav hows you then? all good I hope ..nope ..no ariel stuff today,bit too dodgy even for me .Pollen count is medium here even today,I struggle with that at times !!Yes I remeber the imperial "rote "even now from school.Sunflower plants look good ..have you seen the red ones? threy look good .

hiya ppqp..hows you ..yep house of cards ...and there are 6 series of it too..hope all is going good over the community centre...despite the pain in the ass public ...yep like you as time has gone on Ive managed to pick up some alligators too..take care n have a good day .

hiya everyone else ..we good? hope so ..take care .Screenshot_20220529-173952_Gallery.jpg

20220529_173847.jpg

20220529_171315.jpg

20220529_171304.jpg

20220529_171249.jpg
        Last edited by Mick; May 30, 2022, 09:05 AM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...glad you had good weather for your cookout yesterday. Well done on planning for the leftovers. Well the weekend cleaner didn't show up today and I've handed that sll over to the boss, he can deal with it.

Mick...no rain today but it was dark and gloomy, cold and a north wind that bit right into you. Felt like winter was on it's way back. You're gardens look great, I can't believe how far they've come.

It was an unbelievable busy day. I think the work on my desk tripled during the day! I have to pop back to the community centre in a few minutes to let a renter in. Hopefully tomorrow will be nice and quiet so I can try and get caught up.

Waves to everyone else. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Sunny & warm today. Tomorrow will feel like 100+ outside , not great, yuck.
            My granddaughter has come down with Covid, along with one of her best friends & a majority of the kids in their classroom. I guess there’s really no getting away from it at this point. The kids are OK, just mild cold symptoms & an upper body rash on most of them as well. Wish this Covid sh*t would just go away. I have lots of work lined up for the week so I’ll be happy to stay indoors.

Mick, your garden looks so nice & today, good job
            I always have weeds popping thru everywhere, haha! I’m learning to look past the weeds, haha!

PQ, starting your week off with a bang I see. Hope things settle down soon & to your liking!
            The leftovers were pretty good, especially the baked beans, yum

Cyn, hope you are well!

Hello to Pauly, Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hiya all..hope we are all doing good. Raining yet again here today..and really warm with it. Thunderstorms are forecast but we shall see.had to go to Costco and get fuel earlier..I was in the queue for over an hour..their prices are about 12 p a litre cheaper than anywhere else so you can imagine the queue .also the holiday flights from Manchester airport are nightmare too ..so glad I'm out of that.

Hiya lav how are things today then?hope all is well. How is gd?it doesn't seem as bad as when it first started. As long as she is ok that's the main thing. Thing are a bit mad over here..the latest one they are trying to bring in..is for staff not to shout at prisoners..it upsets them. 0h dear .each and everyone a volunteer.

Have a good day

Hiya ppqp how are you today ?hope all is good with you well done you..handing it all over to the boss. Out of scope for you. Mind you it seems like your b0ss supports you.. hope you have a decent day

Hiya teegee and pauly hope you are both OK.

Comment

Hello all - sorry to be away from the thread... it has been a busy time, since departing for my grand-nieces graduation last Saturday. After the ceremony, my niece (a fabulous party-thrower, put together a "French dessert" party - chocolate fountain, mounds of fruit to dip, madeleine cookies, meringues, the whole works. The next morning the family left (at 4 AM!) to fly to the Mexican coast to get a few (very few - 4 days) of family vacation in. I am staying with the dog and the cat, and also doing a painting project for them in their dining room - turn of the last century glass partitioned windows... my hand is tired of all the "cutting in" but the brighter white color really pops. Finished the base coat today, will do finish coat tomorrow.

I should be doing some work for the summer festival, but I just can't wrap my head around it... maybe later tonight. The family will arrive back early early Friday morning, so I will head out then...

Mick, the garden is spectacular! Congrats. Wishing you safe and quiet travels. Lav, so sorry to hear about your granddaughter... the whole class? You take care of yourself... glad that you have indoor work. PPQ, sounds like things are really hoppin' for you - I hope you can get some time off this upcoming weekend. Hello to Pauly, Same and Det -- hoping all are well...

The last 2 days were HOT and it was truly "blowin a hoolie" for that whole time. Today calm, dry air andin the 70s... much better!
                Take care all!!!

Comment

PS - Mick and PPQ - good luck with watching that show --- my husband (a political junkie) loved watching it, but after a while even he couldn't deal with the wretched scheming... hope you enjoy!

Comment

Greetings friends from Hot-ville, PA, yuck
                    Hot & humid for a few more days they say then nicer weather moves in, yay.
                    Stayed inside as much as possible but I did have to tend to the chickens. Took them some cool watermelon to cool them off. The younger chickens were thrilled, honestly. I took them a second slice because they were looking so heat stressed. Granddaughter is reportedly doing OK. She can go back to school on Friday with a mask. Most recently the masks had become optional in school so everyone is getting sick. I guess we know what we need to do now!

Mick, no rain here for a few days but we had plenty last week. I am double checking on my young plants to see if they need a second watering in this 96 degree heat.
                    Last week we realized Costco gas was only 3 or 4 cents cheaper & the lines were long so I went to my regular station in MD to fill up. Costco is in Delaware, we live in PA, haha! Too much driving around for me these days.

Cyn, sounds like you are making good use of your time away
                    Pet sitting is one thing but painting for someone is quite another, Lol. That is very nice of you to do that!!! Don’t wear yourself out now.
                    Will you actually be going to the summer festival this year or just working remotely? I remember the conditions were scary there last summer due to the fires. Take it easy on yourself!

PQ, hope things settled down today for you!!!

Have a nice night all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

The city is doing payment rehabilitation and there is equipment everywhere, you really have to be careful driving to work. LOL

Mick...what, it's raining! The first think I heard on the news when I left work was it's going to cost you more for gas than it did this morning. I just thought great, guess where I was headed. I never let my tank get below 1/2 and I always put in $30 worth and don't worry about how much gas I get. I do very little driving so it's definitely not as frustrating as trying to buy food! If I remember correctly I think you guys are heading out again this weekend?

TG...we knew you were off to the graduation and dog sitting, but painting is a new one. Who knew you were an artist as well. If you can snap a pic for us. Sounds like quite the "French dessert" party. When I was drinking I never cared for sweets but not anymore. Nothing happening at the community centre this weekend but I will be there next Saturday as we're doing a community wide garage sale and I have a few tables that will be set up in the hall. Who knows may find some little treasures.

Lav...hope your weather breaks soon. Was the watermelon the ones you grew? I bet the new chicks were thrilled, what a treat. Glad your grand daughter is doing ok and get back to school, not many days left now. Yup, I still wear my mask when I'm out in public or around other people. It will take me some time to get out of that habit. I spent the day working on programs and got a lot accomplished. Only one interruption from a customer and 2 dumb questions from the accountant. Contrary to the saying there are dumb questions. LOL Tomorrow I need to spend some time event rentals and get them caught up. Boss is off Thursday and Friday so no surprises expected.

Waves to Pauly, Det and Sam. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello all how are we ..from a sunny no rain Lancashire..hope all is well with you. Sitting here in the conservatory..Could easily fall asleep .hope its like this over the weekend.

Hiya teegee how are you today?I see you are still mad busy
                        If there's anything of interest and I take the pictures..Will post them up if there is

Hiya lav how are you?glad gd is ok.the holidays scenario over here is crazy..the airlines laid lots of staff off,and now they can't replace them.I have a friend who is cabin crew, and the wages they get are pretty poor. But the waiting and cancellation times are pretty brutal. So glad I got the van.

Hiya ppqp..no rain today. How's you then?hope you are doing good. Well mate, this is year 10 for us..who would have thought. I worked it out.. on a rough basis I have saved in the region of £16.5k.not actually saved but spent elsewhere..hope you have a good day

Big hello to everyone else..

Comment

Good evening friends,

Yep, I definitively spent my wine & smoke savings on the grandkids - worked out great for all of us
                          Mick if you’re done with that rain I’ll gladly take it as long as it brings some cooler air. 90+ today & super humid, ugh. I don’t even know if I want to fly again. Everything is so messed up now. I’ll stay. Open to the idea though, you never know.

PQ, I am feeding the chickens Walmart watermelons (direct from Mexico) I believe. The 2 plants YB planted a week ago - one is already gone thanks to the never ending bunny buffet we seem to provide. Vicious little thieves, haha! I should go look & see if I can find another plant or two. Masking up in a crowd is smart & I will continue to do that. I have to fight & argue with YB telling him his stubborness could be fatal. DUH! I have to agree with you - yes there are dumb questions & they’re usually asked by people to lazy to think things thru.

Cyn, hope your day was easy!

I hope everyone has a nice night!
                          Btw - I heard the Elvis wedding chapel in LasVegas has received a cease & desist order, no more weddings using the Elvis logo. What is Vegas going to do???

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Nice quiet day and I managed to get a lot of things off my to do list. Boss off for the next 2 days so that's a bonus. Will start my day tomorrow with a CT scan. They're monitoring a spot on my lung they discovered last year. It's not cancer but I couldn't begin to explain what it is.

Mick...nice that you had a rain free day and I hope it continues for your trip this weekend. I can't believe it's been 10 years! Hopefully I'll get there with the no smoking. Quit date is June 15th.

Lav...I heard today that we are expected to have record heat 98F mid July through mid August and then record snow fall in September!!! What is that all about. Thinking it's a good thing I didn't bother with a garden plot this year. LOL Flying is definitely not on my radar any time soon. I didn't think your watermelon would be ready. Has Mick's peskies been visiting? I continue to mask but I'm noticed that more and more people aren't. I agree with you, the dumb questions are from lazy people. Wow, after all these years and now no Elvis weddings???

Thinking of everyone else. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all how are we then..well today is the start of the jubilee weekend..and what a weekend start..spent this morning in the emergencies vet with jeeves..same as before..and same results..as we speak he is doing ok,but I have to give him meds 3 times a day.so we are back to original plan..go away on Saturday. Its a lovely day over here today

Hiya ppqp..hope all went well earlier with the ct scan..yes 10th year..time flies..hope you have a good weekend.

Hiya lav how's things over there in Lancaster mk2..hope all is well. I'm all shook up about the elvis weddings..no more crying in the Chapel.. ok ok..
                              Yes I agree about the masking up..we aren't out of it yet..take care and have a good weekend.

Big hello to everyone else

Comment

Working...
                              X