Army June 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army June 22

Haha....never get to do this...as in ..start a new thread..years since I did one.
    So here we are ...welcome to June...summertime and its a truly glorious day here in Mayo..Windows open and the birds are in full chorus...

Howdy all...oh Mary ..56??? Keep him working somewhere...ANYWHERE..for another 10 years at least. Men are not generally great retirees in my experience!

Bed getting delivered for guest room today then back to Dublin (doesn't feel like home anymore) for the dentist and last 5 days at work...Janey mac!!!!

Bought a ride-on mower yesterday...very excited bout that!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Re: Army June 22

Good morning everyone

Thanks for starting us off Molly. It is a beautiful morning here too, just had the dogs down at the river. Looks like you are getting very settled down west. Wont be able to go down this weekend, myself and my SIL are going north and climbing Slieve Donard on Monday. Does Mr M have a hobby Mary? Have no fear about himself when he retires, between fishing, hiking and the garden he won’t have a minute.

Meeting two friends for lunch, have not seen them in ages. We are meeting in DunLaoghaire, again have not been there in ages so looking forward to it.

Comment

Morning,
      :thanks: for the start up, Molls.
      Drive down to York was a nightmare.....it rain chucked down all the way.....and we had a puncture just as we arrived at the wedding shop. Luckily within minutes of the shop there was a a garage so while we were in the shop he took the car round and came out £400plus lighter. It chucked it down all the way back as well.
      Got to say the dress is stunning. Then a lovely lunch.............her future MIL is lovely.
      Once we were home the shit hit the fan when she asked if we'd store said dress in the back bedroom........no problem. But she wants us to move the furniture into another room............I said no as there's plenty of room. That's when the shit hit the fan. After a shouting match I gave the phone back to Mr. JC.......he does calming down very well , I wanted to her punch in the nose..........I think we have a Bridezilla situation. Is there a help line I can ring?

She's due to spend the night tonight here as they're going to Amsterdam for her hen do and of course she needs a bed and a lift to the airport and of course Daddy's taking her to the airport at dawn.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
        Good morning everyone

Thanks for starting us off Molly. It is a beautiful morning here too, just had the dogs down at the river. Looks like you are getting very settled down west. Wont be able to go down this weekend, myself and my SIL are going north and climbing Slieve Donard on Monday. Does Mr M have a hobby Mary? Have no fear about himself when he retires, between fishing, hiking and the garden he won’t have a minute.

Meeting two friends for lunch, have not seen them in ages. We are meeting in DunLaoghaire, again have not been there in ages so looking forward to it.
        Enjoy yourself!
        I just think the difference in Joe for instance between say 60 and 70 is colossal and mainly in a good way..at 60 he was all go go go...and no patience with anything really...if the day wasn't filled 'meaningfully' it was a disaster...whereas now...he still does all the things...but quieter..calmer..just easy...you know?I admire your fortitude and wisdom handing the phone to himself...I'd have killed her! How could a dress need a whole room???

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Morning,
        :thanks: for the start up, Molls.
        Drive down to York was a nightmare.....it rain chucked down all the way.....and we had a puncture just as we arrived at the wedding shop. Luckily within minutes of the shop there was a a garage so while we were in the shop he took the car round and came out £400plus lighter. It chucked it down all the way back as well.
        Got to say the dress is stunning. Then a lovely lunch.............her future MIL is lovely.
        Once we were home the shit hit the fan when she asked if we'd store said dress in the back bedroom........no problem. But she wants us to move the furniture into another room............I said no as there's plenty of room. That's when the shit hit the fan. After a shouting match I gave the phone back to Mr. JC.......he does calming down very well , I wanted to her punch in the nose..........I think we have a Bridezilla situation. Is there a help line I can ring?

She's due to spend the night tonight here as they're going to Amsterdam for her hen do and of course she needs a bed and a lift to the airport and of course Daddy's taking her to the airport at dawn.
        lost my reply to this...prolly just as well...just how could a dress need a whole room?????
        Last edited by mollyka; June 1, 2022, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Here we are !!!

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          :hahaha:
          Only he's so nice i'd have kicked him in the shins yesterday.
          It's a bloody joke mers.
          Though i've checked & i can get 50% from the rip off that is our private health care.

How very 'new age hippy' of you

images.jpeg
          Last edited by satz123; June 1, 2022, 08:59 AM.

Comment

But she wants us to move the furniture into another room............I said no as there's plenty of room. That's when the shit hit the fan. After a shouting match I gave the phone back to Mr. JC.......he does calming down very well , I wanted to her punch in the nose..........I think we have a Bridezilla situation. Is there a help line I can ring?
            2 questions:

a) Same as Molls - WTF ?? Err "no" you are not getting a ROOM to store the dress" - madness ... move out furniture ??? :haha:
            b) How does a puncture repair cost £400 :shocked:
            Last edited by satz123; June 1, 2022, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
              ...just how could a dress need a whole room?????
              If I knew that I'd be able to fly, make chocolate that didn't put weight on and circle the sun in a home made space ship.

Anyway that's not going to happen so she's just going to have to suck it up although I think when I handed the phone to Mr JC (partly because I'd run out of swear words) he'd brought her down to earth as I got a lovely little text earlier about having a play with nail varnishes tonight.

Poor little Mikey's going to the vets for his booster tonight. I'm going to hold his paw.

I just dolled out £42:20 at our dentists for a check up and clean and that's on the NHS.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                2 questions:

a) Same as Molls - WTF ?? Err "no" you are not getting a ROOM to store the dress" - madness ... move out furniture ??? :haha:
                b) How does a puncture repair cost £400 :shocked:
                a)you'll have read by now. There's one more dress fitting she can go on her own. I have to say it is beautiful in fact stunning. But what a fecking carry on.

B)It was just one puncture that made him go .................but all the tyres needed replacing. We got all 4 new tyres. And one or was it two (I'd sort of switched off listening) needed realigning. an oil change all sorts of car stuff .Himself thought it was a bargain. He was one happy man.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

.Himself thought it was a bargain. He was one happy man.
                  Between my tooth & your tyres we'd have had a week each out foreign:sohappy:

Comment

If I knew that I'd be able to fly, make chocolate that didn't put weight on and circle the sun in a home made space ship.

Anyway that's not going to happen so she's just going to have to suck it up although I think when I handed the phone to Mr JC (partly because I'd run out of swear words) he'd brought her down to earth as I got a lovely little text earlier about having a play with nail varnishes tonight.

Poor little Mikey's going to the vets for his booster tonight. I'm going to hold his paw.

I just dolled out £42:20 at our dentists for a check up and clean and that's on the NHS.
                    We get that free too...Once a year I think it is..hate getting my teeth cleaned tho..it can really hurt. C'mere benjy..think you woz robbed..my dentist does that root canal and crown thing for 480...still very expensive but not 800!
                    Think I need a chinese badly ;-)

Comment

Just a quickie............back from the vets with Mikey. Proper weight .He's nice and healthy. Vaccinations now all up to date and he was very good boy.
                      Jenny's now arrived so better spend some time with her.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        We get that free too...Once a year I think it is..hate getting my teeth cleaned tho..it can really hurt. C'mere benjy..think you woz robbed..my dentist does that root canal and crown thing for 480...still very expensive but not 800!
                        Think I need a chinese badly ;-)
                        I went a lookin' - seems what I paid was average robbery in Ireland - by coincidence it's in your new neck of the woods Molls.
                        There was a lot of prep to be done before the mould could be done. Still robbery though.
                        Dental Treatments Prices | Castlebar Dental Price List

Comment

Well I moved my dentist to molly neck of the woods, as they open late. No frills and reasonable as dentists go in eire.
                          Few places in skerries that are a good bit more...

Another funeral tomorrow. Will be a bit of a cousin reunion.. the priest likes to talk so it's going to be a long day...

Ģot this cleanser as a present recently, it's so good; Absolute Cleansing Oil with Watermelon & Cedarwood | Kinvara Skincare
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                            Well I moved my dentist to molly neck of the woods, as they open late. No frills and reasonable as dentists go in eire.
                            Few places in skerries that are a good bit more...

Another funeral tomorrow. Will be a bit of a cousin reunion.. the priest likes to talk so it's going to be a long day...

Ģot this cleanser as a present recently, it's so good; Absolute Cleansing Oil with Watermelon & Cedarwood | Kinvara Skincare
                            Sounds yummy Mers ..... can't buy anything else :crybaby:
                            I'm big into Trinny and her no nonsense approach at the moment - so I'll stick with that.
                            I'll keep it in mind when I run out.

Comment

Good morning everyone

It is thee most beautiful morning. Just back from walk and it was heaven.

Thanks for the recommendation Mary. Have heard of Kinvara, what’s the Trinny thing Satz?

Delighted Mikey got his clean bill of health. One of the ponies has laminitis so off to help daughter see to her. Always something!

Comment

Working...
                              X