Lifebac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifebac

I’d like to share my experience so far with Baclofen. I started my own treatment ordering from the internet. It was pretty costly and almost the same as getting the treatment through Lifebac which is $250 monthly Lifebac includes your medications sent to your door. I started on my own because I had no hope of finding a general practitioner who would prescribe let alone the amount I might need to get to my switch. I had already asked a psychiatrist but was immediately turned down. I have tried AA, Naltrexone and quit alcohol literature. None of it worked for me.
    I did not try Lifebac because I had read on this forum it was only available to Nevada residents. Update: They currently have 6 or 7 states they can work with. One being Florida for which I’m a resident. They are also adding states as they go along, Connecticut next.
    So far I have cut back on my drinking and I’m extremely hopeful this is going to work. I’m very impressed with Lifebac and their support system. I wish I had started with them in the first place. They have told me they will go up to 200 mg and 100 is their average switch. They also said they are very successful using baclofen and counseling on changing habits. I hope this is helpful to those in the United States, there is help. They also prescribe Naltrexone if that is a path you would like to pursue.

Re: Lifebac

So good to hear this is happening in the US, I hope it all works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Justme1 View Post
      I’d like to share my experience so far with Baclofen. I started my own treatment ordering from the internet. It was pretty costly and almost the same as getting the treatment through Lifebac which is $250 monthly Lifebac includes your medications sent to your door. I started on my own because I had no hope of finding a general practitioner who would prescribe let alone the amount I might need to get to my switch. I had already asked a psychiatrist but was immediately turned down. I have tried AA, Naltrexone and quit alcohol literature. None of it worked for me.
      I did not try Lifebac because I had read on this forum it was only available to Nevada residents. Update: They currently have 6 or 7 states they can work with. One being Florida for which I’m a resident. They are also adding states as they go along, Connecticut next.
      So far I have cut back on my drinking and I’m extremely hopeful this is going to work. I’m very impressed with Lifebac and their support system. I wish I had started with them in the first place. They have told me they will go up to 200 mg and 100 is their average switch. They also said they are very successful using baclofen and counseling on changing habits. I hope this is helpful to those in the United States, there is help. They also prescribe Naltrexone if that is a path you would like to pursue.
      I'm glad that it worked out for you. It's good to know a little more detail about their services too. I didn't really inquire about anything once I had learned that I wasn't eligible as a client due to geographic restrictions.
      -Ian

Comment

Originally posted by guardian View Post
        I'm glad that it worked out for you. It's good to know a little more detail about their services too. I didn't really inquire about anything once I had learned that I wasn't eligible as a client due to geographic restrictions.
        I tried but I live in Ca and they wont work with me. I contacted Ria but they want 2k up front. Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by johaven1024 View Post
          I tried but I live in Ca and they wont work with me. I contacted Ria but they want 2k up front. Any other ideas?
          I'm going to begin contacting providers that specialize in addiction medicine. I would imagine nearly 100% of them would have heard of baclofen as treatment. In my state (Indiana), none are located near my city, but I would be shocked if many of them would not be comfortable with telemedical consultation. I

How to Search and What to Ask | Navigator | NIAAA
          -Ian

Comment

Its good to be here. Life is definetly hard for everyone. everyone have their ups and downs. everyone had to handle their your own problems. Be strong guys everything gets alright.Expert recommended Dr Jambu Jain as a Top Endocrinologist in Bhopal,Best Diabetes Doctor in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Just because of Dr Jambu Jain patient reviews, history, ratings, satisfaction, trust, cost and their general excellence.
            Last edited by blackblazer; October 29, 2022, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X